Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:46:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Wife Swapping Show
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wife Swapping Show  (Read 12197 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2004, 03:19:40 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Well, I'm shocked to see American television sink to new lows. "Wife Swapping Show"HuhHuh??  Are there enough American people with no morals for a show like this to make money??  OK, I'm naive, I don't get out much, and I rarely watch network television.

Someone mentioned TVLand, and I do like that. It's like opening a present from the past when nearly everything was completely clean. Christians should have no problem in supporting a channel like this. It's a shame that one must have cable or a satellite dish to find clean family programs. We've probably got a dozen or more basic channels that are always clean completely.

I think that I heard something about Sky Angel, but we can't get it in our part of the country.

In terms of what children see on television, I like the analogy of a computer. The computer is only as good as the information you put into it and how well you organize that material. SO, garbage in always equals garbage out. Maybe this is a poor analogy, but the same is true for children. There is always a negative price to be paid for filling them with garbage, and the price may be paid for their entire lives. I think it's better to say "NO" and explain why they can't watch that show. If they don't like the answer and ask WHY, one can always fall back on the tried and trusted "Because I told you so."   Cheesy When they start raising their own families, you will see those knowing looks of understanding. If not, "Because I told you so" will have to do.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2004, 04:39:27 AM »

SinkSF Said:

well, it's good to see at least something in the liberal media machine can recognize the inherent inferiority of women

Hello SinkSF,

Do you really feel that way about women? The Biblical description of a Christian woman and mother is a beautiful thing. Things get ugly in life when people aren't Christians, but a Christian man and woman with Christ as the head of the family is an incredibly beautiful description. I think that many folks fail to read the Biblical responsibilities a man has to his wife. If you combine those Biblical responsibilities with the Biblical responsibilities of the wife to the husband, you have a Christian home. The description doesn't come close to indicating inferiority, rather of duties to each other and God.

Besides, there are no more men without women, so men should be treating their wives as God has commanded. If both husband and wife obey God in the marriage, there will be a Biblical peace and joy in that home.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the