Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:56:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  baptist faiths
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: baptist faiths  (Read 9025 times)
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2004, 10:05:08 PM »

Butcha,

Why not consider the church that is revealed and described in the Bible? What is its identifiers and descriptions as given in the word of God?  Who are its members? How is it governed?
What is its function? This and more is revealed about God's people in the scriptures. Use His word as the standard to find and identify a congregation of His people.

Romans 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15  For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16  The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:19  Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Ollie

i dont get it . i dont know the answers to you qustions , do you have the answers because i'm interested in them.

hope you not messing with me again Grin
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2004, 10:20:41 PM »

Oh, don't mind him, Ollie has a habit of posting random screptures to confuse them Grin

Ok, for real, he is either talking about:

A. Joining the church God leads you too.

B. Joining an Indepent Church that is "led by the Spirit of God" and the such ,like he is no doubt a member of.

So Ollie, which is? Or am I wrong on both counts?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2004, 10:29:52 PM »

tibby

thanks  Grin
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2004, 10:45:00 PM »

Don't thank me yet, wait for Ollie to correct my transaltion. Ollie-speak is a hard language to learn, and I may have mistraslated it Grin

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2004, 11:58:56 PM »

Ollie-speak is a hard language to learn, and I may have mistranslated it

Nahhh - "ollie speak" is pretty much "Bible Speak" as near as I can tell - although - I have to admit, I can't always decipher it either.  Grin  (Nothing personal, Ollie, it's probably because you're waaaay smarter than me.)   Grin  (No! Seriously! I bet I’d have to climb a ladder just to see the bottom of ollie’s I.Q.!  I’m kinda like the little piece of the potato chip in the bottom of the bag with no grease and no salt – people wonder why I ever made it into the bag to begin with!)  Grin

Brother Butcha - jokes aside - I still think you should attend every church in your community.  Talk to the pastor (that's very important!)  The make a determination based on:
1. Jesus is worshipped as GOD, as 1/3rd of the Holy Trinity.
2. The Spirit is evident during worship (is He really there? You’ll know!)
3. His Word rules the church.  Period.
4. Are the people in the church obviously sincere?
5. All people are created equal, and unless God says otherwise – they ARE equal!
6. Fellowship with your brothers and sisters in Christ is imperative.
7. Who has the best fried chicken?

(You’ll notice I came up with 7 rules for determination – that’s no accident, since 7 is one of God’s favorite numbers.)  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2004, 12:59:19 AM »

Visit ALMOST all the churches in town. There are a few rules for church to stay away from:

1. They dance with snakes
2. The church is split in 2, once side has red on, the other blue, and none of them look happy.
3. The sermon preached is "Why Tim Lehaye is the Second coming of Jesus"
4. The preacher is clad on a sequence suit
5. A red pentagram is painted on the floor
6. The Praise and worship include the gospel hit "Jesus is my Homie"

You’ll notice I came up with 6 rules – that’s no accident...

Grin Grin Grin

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2004, 09:48:46 AM »

They dance with snakes
YIKES!

The church is split in 2, once side has red on, the other blue, and none of them look happy.
Double YIKES!!

The sermon preached is "Why Tim Lehaye is the Second coming of Jesus"
He-he-he

The preacher is clad on a sequence suit
Elvis!???

A red pentagram is painted on the floor
Triple YIKES!!!

The Praise and worship include the gospel hit "Jesus is my Homie"
Hmmm....

You’ll notice I came up with 6 rules – that’s no accident...
 Grin

Now, see!  Lookie there!  A Catholic and a (near)Baptist DO agree!!!  Grin

Praise the Lord!

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2004, 02:40:39 PM »

The sequence was an allustion to the cover of "Leap of Faith." Interesting movie. Grin

Near baptist uh? Grin Is that like a new group that split from the Reformed Baptist church of God? Grin

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2004, 04:03:56 PM »

Is that like a new group that split from the Reformed Baptist church of God?
Nah - those guys been around for a long time.  They call them “Presbyterians”.  Lips Sealed

We are a splinter group of the “Reformed by God Church of Revised Baptists”  Grin

Better known as a Nondenominational Independent with Intentional Ties (to a Baptist Convention).  NITWIT for short.  Grin

Grin  Did I mention that we love Catholics, too?  Grin

JPD
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2004, 04:38:20 PM »

Butcha,

Why not consider the church that is revealed and described in the Bible? What is its identifiers and descriptions as given in the word of God?  Who are its members? How is it governed?
What is its function? This and more is revealed about God's people in the scriptures. Use His word as the standard to find and identify a congregation of His people.

Romans 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15  For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16  The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:19  Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Ollie

i dont get it . i dont know the answers to you qustions , do you have the answers because i'm interested in them.

"hope you not messing with me again"  

What does this mean?

Support your local Christian.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2004, 05:03:32 PM »

ollie  Grin
thats what i'm asking you what does it mean. in regards to what you wrote.
 i dont understand , and i wrote i hope your not messing with me, means i thought it was possible you where trying to confuse me . thats all buddy , nothing more than that , just that i didnt get what you where saying.  

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2004, 05:45:34 PM »

Butcha,

Ollie

"i dont get it . i dont know the answers to you qustions , do you have the answers because i'm interested in them."

The Bible reveals Christ's Church. People believing and obeying God through and in Jesus Christ are the church.
They are Christians according to God's word and wear no names of man. There is no central governing earthly body.
The governing body is in heaven. Jesus Christ is the head.

The Holy Spirit has revealed, taught and brought to remembrance, through the word and writings of inspired men, the doctrines and teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus governs His people through this revealed word of God. These writings were compiled into a book we call the Bible. It includes the Jewish scriptures.

What is very strange and perhaps ironic is that the compilers of these Holy writings belonged to an organizational church or churches that did not match that given in these compiled writings.
Something must have happened in the time period from the first century to when the scriptures were compiled into a book that led some congregations to depart from the words and writings of the apostles and others. The departure was so vast in that one or two congregations tried to become predominant over all congregations and they succeeded.
This resulted in all congregations departing from the inspired word if they chose to follow the predominant congregation that had strayed from the revealed word. The coming back to the revealed word about God's people as the Holy Spirit gave it seems to have started with what secular history calls the reformation. This is not to say that perhaps there were not still congregations of Jesus Christ still adhering to the word as given. We donot really know because secular written history chose to follow the paths of the departed predominate churches and there was no more inspired word other than what had been revealed about the church in the first century..  

The answers to my questions are contained in the Bible. I will try to reference them for you and post them.
Perhaps others might know of some off the top of their head and will post them.

Ollie

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2004, 06:04:01 PM »

Butcha,

Judgenot has given some good thoughts on the subject.

"1. Jesus is worshipped as GOD, as 1/3rd of the Holy Trinity.
2. The Spirit is evident during worship (is He really there? You’ll know!)
3. His Word rules the church.  Period.
4. Are the people in the church obviously sincere?
5. All people are created equal, and unless God says otherwise – they ARE equal!
6. Fellowship with your brothers and sisters in Christ is imperative."

This one I have seperated even though it can be very much a part of God's people. I don't think the Bible tells of such.  Wink
"7. Who has the best fried chicken?"

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2004, 08:25:12 AM »

Butcha,

"Why not consider the church that is revealed and described in the Bible? What is its identifiers and descriptions as given in the word of God?  Who are its members? How is it governed?
What is its function? This and more is revealed about God's people in the scriptures. Use His word as the standard to find and identify a congregation of His people."

"What is its identifiers and descriptions as given in the word of God?"

John 13:34.  A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
 35.  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

To the Church at Corinth and all the faithful:

1 Corinthians 1:2.  Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

2 Corinthians 1:1.  Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

Colossians 1:2.  To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 16:16.  Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

Hebrews 12:22.  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
 23.  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
 24.  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

1 Corinthians 12:27.  Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

:Who are its members?"

Acts 2:41.  Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Acts 2:47.........And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Obedient believers such as should be saved are the churches members. Members of the body of Christ

"How is it governed?"

Ehesians 1:1.......to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

17.  That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
 18.  The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
 19.  And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
 20.  Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
 21.  Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
 22.  And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
 23.  Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Philippians 1:1.  Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

It is governed by Christ with His congregations having bisops and deacons to oversee, be example to, and serve the needs of God's people according to God's word.

"What is its function?"

Ephesians 1:1.  Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 1:4.  According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
 5.  Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
 6.  To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
 7.  In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
 8.  Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
 9.  Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
 10.  That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

11.  In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
 12.  That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13.  In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Romans 16:25.  Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
 26.  But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:17.  Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
 18.  For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
 19.  For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

Acts 2:42.  And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

John 13:34.  A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
 35.  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Pray this helps. It takes much study and discerning of God's word and much physical traveling and visiting to find a congregation of God's people who are living by His word and His word only through the Holy Spirit. If none can be found in your area how about a congtregation in your home with your family and friends?

Ollie

« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 08:36:54 AM by ollie » Logged

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2004, 12:09:13 PM »

Butcha,

Ollie

Amen!  Cheesy

and DITTO!  Lips Sealed Sorry, it just slipped.....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the