Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:08:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Antichrist Today!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Antichrist Today!  (Read 23648 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2004, 08:35:53 PM »

Thank you for those, Reba.   Smiley

But there will be AN Antichrist(in the same way there is A Christ)...

?  
Reba
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2004, 08:38:06 PM »

Does the Word say so?

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2004, 09:00:10 PM »

Paul2  I`m not sure if i`m misunderstanding the use of the word "doctrine" as used here,  but as far as I know,  when most christians (or speaking for myself) refer to doctrine they are speaking of evident scriptural truths pertaining to christianity now, and not actually referring to or meaning to include differing opinions on biblical end time prophecies?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 09:05:26 PM by Shylynne » Logged

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2004, 09:11:02 PM »

Does the Word say so?

Aye, Lassie*, yes it does.   Grin

(*that's a little Irish brogue there, for St. Paddie's Day)
Reba
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2004, 09:22:29 PM »

show me  Cheesy
Reba
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2004, 09:56:43 PM »

ARF ARF  Grin  

dont even think it  A4C Angry
The Crusader
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2004, 04:20:08 AM »

I believe you could be spending your time trying to quell larger problems.  Why do you judge and attack the way one chooses to honor the Lord?   Huh

Galatians 4:16  Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2004, 09:35:09 PM »

"Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now MANY ANTICHRISTS (emph. mine) have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us. Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the FAther ; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.  I John 2:18-19, 22-23

So who are some of the modern day antichrists?

The Pope, Catholics who pray to Mary, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, Muslims,  the hundreds of cults who will not accept Jesus as the Son of God, unbelieving Jews, Protestant pastors who teach contrary to the doctrines of Christ, and all unbelievers.

There is so much emphasis put on "THE ANTICHRIST" that we fail to see the many antichrists that are among us in this present hour. We must remember that if someone is not FOR Christ he is against Him.

Psalm 119

Its seems you would be calling BlackEyedPeas, 2nd Timtothy and myself "Antichrists" because we believe the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church. Thats a strong accusation calling someone "Antichrist". What if we are right about the Pre-Tribulation Rapture? What would that make you in the event we are right about the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church? You are treading on dangerous ground when you declare those who believe the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church are Antichrists.

If BlackEyedPeas, 2nd Timothy and myself are indwelt by the Holy Spirit and believers in Christ, how can we be Antichrists? You may not believe in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church yourself but then again I don't even know if you study prophecy. I haven't seen you explain you end time beliefs for our inspection. Prove us wrong. We have a thread where we discuss the Rapture and the End Times in the Prophecy section titled "Best of Paul2's Rapture pages. Your welcome to join us and present your interpretation of the End Times and see if your interpretation is contradicted by Scripture. If you can't present your interpretation of the End Times what qualifies you to determine whether or not our interpretations are correct. Can you fit all the End Time events into a logical sequence that Scripture will allow without clear contradictions? Show me!

I hate being called false teacher, ANTICHRIST by those who never attempt to set the record straight. If I'm wrong prove it. Present a better case for your interpretation and be willing to allow us to ask you questions which will clarify your view. I don't call those who disagree with me Antichrist, I wouldn't dare call a Christian indwelt by the Holy spirit Antichrist.

I've come to the conclusion that you feel we are Antichrists from many of your posts. I belong to Christ, I was paid for with His blood. He has declared me Justified and Righteous by His Blood and His Word. BlackEyedPeas and 2nd Timothy also belong to Christ. We are brothers "in Christ", not Antichrists!

Careful not to call a Christian "Antichrist". I believe Jesus has always been God, and always will be God. I believe in Jesus' bodily resurrection, the virgin birth, His miracles, that Jesus was sinless, died willingly on the cross, and will return to establish His Millenial Kingdom. I'm a believer, a member in His Church, I'm indwelt by the Holy Spirit. I'm not an Antichrist!

Paul2 Huh

Paul2,

Apparently you have taken the rapture thread and this antichrist thread and blended the two to come up with your own conclusion on whom I believe to be an antichrist. I have not called anyone who believes in the rapture an antichrist. That is your own conclusion.

I do believe in the Resurrection of the Saints (as most Christians did the first 1700 years after the death of Christ). I do believe that the Pre- rapture doctrine is dangerous,for it gives many Christians the feeling that they will never have to suffer for the cause of Christ. Please don't accuse me of making statements that were never made.

Psalm 119
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2004, 08:19:35 AM »

"I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!" (Galatians 1:6-9)

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
mac

LB Navigator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2004, 08:27:28 PM »

ehh everything written seemed to center around the catholic faith. i was born and raised catholic but after time of thought...didnt agree with a lot of what they taught. soooooo im not catholic anymore. just a christian
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 08:33:43 PM by mac » Logged

"Never put a question mark where God has put a period" - Richard Petty
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2004, 09:46:43 PM »

[quote author=Psalm 119
"Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now MANY ANTICHRISTS (emph. mine) have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us. Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the FAther ; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.  I John 2:18-19, 22-23

So who are some of the modern day antichrists?

The Pope, Catholics who pray to Mary, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, Muslims,  the hundreds of cults who will not accept Jesus as the Son of God, unbelieving Jews, Protestant pastors who teach contrary to the doctrines of Christ, and all unbelievers.

There is so much emphasis put on "THE ANTICHRIST" that we fail to see the many antichrists that are among us in this present hour. We must remember that if someone is not FOR Christ he is against Him.

Psalm 119

Its seems you would be calling BlackEyedPeas, 2nd Timtothy and myself "Antichrists" because we believe the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church. Thats a strong accusation calling someone "Antichrist". What if we are right about the Pre-Tribulation Rapture? What would that make you in the event we are right about the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church? You are treading on dangerous ground when you declare those who believe the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church are Antichrists.

If BlackEyedPeas, 2nd Timothy and myself are indwelt by the Holy Spirit and believers in Christ, how can we be Antichrists? You may not believe in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church yourself but then again I don't even know if you study prophecy. I haven't seen you explain you end time beliefs for our inspection. Prove us wrong. We have a thread where we discuss the Rapture and the End Times in the Prophecy section titled "Best of Paul2's Rapture pages. Your welcome to join us and present your interpretation of the End Times and see if your interpretation is contradicted by Scripture. If you can't present your interpretation of the End Times what qualifies you to determine whether or not our interpretations are correct. Can you fit all the End Time events into a logical sequence that Scripture will allow without clear contradictions? Show me!

I hate being called false teacher, ANTICHRIST by those who never attempt to set the record straight. If I'm wrong prove it. Present a better case for your interpretation and be willing to allow us to ask you questions which will clarify your view. I don't call those who disagree with me Antichrist, I wouldn't dare call a Christian indwelt by the Holy spirit Antichrist.

I've come to the conclusion that you feel we are Antichrists from many of your posts. I belong to Christ, I was paid for with His blood. He has declared me Justified and Righteous by His Blood and His Word. BlackEyedPeas and 2nd Timothy also belong to Christ. We are brothers "in Christ", not Antichrists!

Careful not to call a Christian "Antichrist". I believe Jesus has always been God, and always will be God. I believe in Jesus' bodily resurrection, the virgin birth, His miracles, that Jesus was sinless, died willingly on the cross, and will return to establish His Millenial Kingdom. I'm a believer, a member in His Church, I'm indwelt by the Holy Spirit. I'm not an Antichrist!

Paul2 Huh

Paul2,

Apparently you have taken the rapture thread and this antichrist thread and blended the two to come up with your own conclusion on whom I believe to be an antichrist. I have not called anyone who believes in the rapture an antichrist. That is your own conclusion.

I do believe in the Resurrection of the Saints (as most Christians did the first 1700 years after the death of Christ). I do believe that the Pre- rapture doctrine is dangerous,for it gives many Christians the feeling that they will never have to suffer for the cause of Christ. Please don't accuse me of making statements that were never made.

Psalm 119
NO, Psalm 119 YOU JUST COMPARED CHRISTAINS WHOM PRACTICE THE CATHOLIC RELIGION TO " Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, Muslims,  the hundreds of cults who will not accept Jesus as the Son of God, unbelieving Jews, Protestant pastors who teach contrary to the doctrines of Christ, and all unbelievers." AND THAT THEY ARE THE ANTI CHRIST. PERSONNLY I THINK THATS WORSE THAN ANY JEWISH BASHING IVE SEEN ON THIS SITE AND , IF YOU EVER WISHED TO  CONVERT OR COVINCE A CATHOLIC THAT THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING CONTRERY TO WHAT GOD WOULD WANT. YOU LOOSE THEM WITH IGNORANT AND CRUEL POMPOUSE, AND SELFRIGHTOUSE STATEMENTS LIKE THAT. YA I KNOW I CANT SPELL . MAYBE YOU MIGHT WANT TO INSULT THAT ,AND THE UNEDJUCATED FISHERMEN THAT JESUS FOUND WORTHY, OR THAT ROMAN TAX COLLECTER THAT JESUS HAD FOLLOWING HIM ARROUND IN GALLALI, THAT HE JUDGED SO HARD. I JUST DONT THINK YOU GUYS SHOULD THINK ITS TABU TO INSULT JEWISH,OR OTHERS BUT FOR SOME REASON ITS COOL AND FUNNY TO INSULT THE CATHOLICS.
IF YOU ALL ARE SAYING THAT SATAN, HAS TAKEN OVER THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND ITS PEOPLE ARE BEING LED THE WRONG WAY WHY WOULDNT YOU FEEL SADNESS AND PRAY FOR THIER RELEASE , INSTEAD ITS THIS CONSTANT RANK FEST JOKE JOKE NUDGE NUDGE NUK NUK . I HOPE IF YOU ALL BELIEVE TRUELY WHAT YOU SAY . YOU FIND AWAY TO HELP THESE POOR PEOPLE( CATHOLICS) Cry TO SEE THE WAY INSTEAD OF THE INSULTS. Cry
The Crusader
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2004, 09:33:28 AM »

See you "Purgatory" Tom
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2004, 01:23:44 PM »

See you "Purgatory" Tom

That's pretty childish, but I'll still say goodbye to you in Christian love. We should be sharing the Gospel of the Grace of God in Christian love. My simple request to do this is Biblical.

Love In Christ,
Tom

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2004, 07:33:45 AM »

1 John 2:22.  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
 23.  Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: [but] he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Titus 1:15.  Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
 16.  They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 07:56:30 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2004, 09:36:43 AM »

1 John 2:22.  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
 23.  Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: [but] he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

:-\ARE YOU SAYING CATHOLICS DONT BELIEVE CHRIST WAS THE SON OF GOD?
Titus 1:15.  Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
 16.  They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Undecided
 AGAIN I ASSUME YOUR SAYING THIS ABOUT CATHOLICS?
AND ALL THE OTHER CHRISTAINS ARE WITHOUT THIS PROBLEM ?
 YOU HAVE STERIO TYPED THE HOLYWOOD CATHOLIC AND YOUR LIFE EXPERIENCES,
 AND UNJUSTLY COMNEMED CATHOLICS TO BE THE ANTI-CHRIST. Embarrassed
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the