Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:41:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  the Passion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Passion  (Read 30217 times)
creationist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2004, 01:06:28 AM »

1 Tim 2:5  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2004, 05:09:43 PM »

$264 million, and counting.  Third weekend, in a row, No. 1 at the box office...
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2004, 07:28:30 PM »

I wish I would have thought of it first! Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
HopeAndFaith

Defender of Jesus (and chocolate)

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2004, 02:41:46 PM »

Hi everyone! i wanted to add my 2 cents to the discussion. i saw the movie this last saturday. even though i am glad i saw the movie, because the Lord spoke to my heart as i watched, i was left feeling very uncomfortable about a lot of the content. I was really uncomfortable  with the demonic aspects of the movie: the demon Judas saw as he was sitting under the bridge, and the children turning into demons and torturing him, the demon baby satan held, and the portrayal of satan in general as a horror movie figure. i thought that those parts were unnecessary. I also didn't like how  a lot of the movie was dark, having an almost "horror  movie" quality to it, linked with the things i said above.

i also felt that the bible was added to and taken away from. but this movie is not the only one that i have felt this about, the movie The Ten Commandments has biblical inacurracies also. i was also very uncomfortable with Mary being called mother by the disciples, and the fact that Jesus is misquoted several times, or said things that are not biblical at all.

Ok, now, before i get any tongue lashings Wink, here are some positive things i have to say about the movie:

God uses everything to His glory, many people will become saved because of this movie, and many will renew their faith.

I am very glad that The Passion has it bright moments, that we saw an "example" of Jesus preaching to the masses about love, with love.

I am so happy that the movie ended with a positive note, His resurrection! At the end of the movie i had a HUGE grin on my face, after all Jesus is alive, and we will serve Him now and in eternity! I wanted to jump up and shout, i was so happy! (and no, it didnt bother me seeing part of the body of Christ at the end as he walked from the tomb. He is and was pure. I choose not to besmirch that. my happiness outshone any negative thought that the enemy might try to give me at that point.)

Right now, in my life, i am experiencing great turmoil. My mother and i are having great difficulties, and i am struggling with judgement, unforgiveness, and anger. The Lord has told me that i have to forgive her, despite the fact that she decided to basically disown my brothers and i only a week and a half after i had a miscarriage (which was almost 3 weeks ago), for self centered and ridiculous reasons.
As i watched Judas waiting for his payment for the betrayl Of Jesus, the Lord spoke this to my heart, "What will be your thirty pieces of silver today?" I truly felt in my heart that the Lord was asking me how i was going to betray Him that day, and every day. Would i willingly, intentionally betray my Saviour today with anger? Judgement? Self righteousness? Unforgiveness?

I guess what i am saying is though i felt uncomfortable with some of the movie, i am hoping and praying that despite the inaccuracies, that people will come to understand the underlying message of this movie. Love.
and i pray that people will be saved and renewed by this message.

I know that if someone says to me that they are going to see the movie, i am responsible to tell them what i know and have read about the Passion, and let them decide for themselves.

On that note, i will enclose the email i wrote to my pastor, and plan on following up on.

Hugs in Christ, Mary

Dear Pastor Jim,

As I read the info and scripture that backs up the
opinions of these articles, I am concerned with the
content of this movie. Though I am appreciative of the
meaning of this movie, and its underlying message, I
am increasingly uneasy about how un-scriptural,
therefore unfactual this movie is.  I am also
concerned with how much of this movie was based on
Catholic mysticism, adding to and taking away from the
bible.
I will let you read the articles and the scripture
inclosed with these articles so you can decide for
yourself, though I know you are a man of God, and that
these points have already occured to you.

This email is meant in love and concern for all
Christains, and especially non-believers that do not
know the bible. Even I do not know the bible as well
as I should, but as I read these articles, I became
very worried about all the Catholic content included
in this movie : Mary being referred to as "Mother",
Mary appearing much stronger than the Son of God
throughout most of the movie, and the constant
referance made in the movie that Jesus seemed to gain
strenght from Gazing at Mary at moments of weakness.
Also the depiction of Jesus being afraid in the garden
at the very beginning of the movie. What fear could
our Saviour possibly know, since he was without sin?
Many  more concerns that i have are inclosed in these
articles, written by Christains.

Pastor, i am very concerned that Christian leaders
everywhere are endorsing this movie, but none have
spoken on the fact that this movie is not scripturally
sound. This is bothering me quite a bit. i am going to
dig into the word for answers. I am happy that many
will come to Christ because of this movie (i hope),
and i am happy that this movie will help many renew
their faith. Yet i am very concerned about the extra
content included in the film.

I am anxious to hear what you think about all of this,
and i am in no way trying to stir up trouble, or
trying to spit on the cross. There are Christians
everywhere that were left unsatisfied, angry, and
deeply concerned by this movie because of these very
things.

Thank you for your time,
sincere members of your flock,
John and Mary

Romans 15:13  Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2004, 04:26:22 PM »

You know, it is the Protestants obessing over Mary, not the Catholics. The fact that Mary was referred to as "Mother" by the early church and was respected isn't a Catholic idea, but a historical fact. No Catholic I have talked to has said anything about "Mary appearing much stronger than the Son of God" or about "Jesus seemed to gain strenght from Gazing at Mary at moments of weakness." Now, if there is a real problem with the movie, let us know, but it seems to me that Protestants are just looking for reasons to dislike the movie. Come on, stop the nat straining and nit-picking!

The movie was made by a strong Roman Catholic, this was widely publicished at the time of the opening. Why is everyone so bothered to see Catholic-leaning attitutes in the movie? What did you expect? I have friends Denton, Texas who went to see the movie. It was a preview, in a Baptist church. They invited Christian leaders from all over to watch it, Baptist, Catholic, all different sects of the Christian Faith. They even where able to get James Caviezel, the actor who played Jesus, to come and speak with them a little bit after the movie. But when the Pastor of the Church found out Caviezel was a Catholic, they refused to let him speak!

Now, as for your comment on Jesus in the Garden... read that part of the Gospels, and get back to me. He asked God, if there was any other way, to not make him go thru with what he did.

HopeAndFaith

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2004, 06:11:41 PM »

First of all, i am not nit picking, i am stating my opinion, just as you have been able to voice yours. Smiley This is a forum, the idea of a forum is to have people discuss things (i would hope intelligently, and respectfully). These are my opinions, i am not trying to convert anyone to "my side". This is how I felt when i watched the movie, my personal feelings. i would hope that my feeling are just as valid as anyone esle in this forum. just because i dont agree doesn't mean my opinion or feeling matter any less, does it? anyway, i did actually go see the movie before replying in this topic. i didn't go in expecting not to like the movie. as a matter of fact i hadn't read anything about the movie before seeing it because i wanted to go in unbiased. i wanted to see with my own eyes, and hear with my own heart. i don't know if you read my whole post, but i did list some positive aspects of the movie, again my opinion, my personal feelings and thoughts.

I understand that Mary is the mother of Jesus, and that she is an important and crucial part of Jesus coming to be. but i tho i was baptized Catholic, i do not believe that Mary should be prayed to, there is no scripture to back that. even tho i believe she is Jesus' mother, i don't believe it was God's intention that we worship her.

you said :Now, as for your comment on Jesus in the Garden... read that part of the Gospels, and get back to me. He asked God, if there was any other way, to not make him go thru with what he did.

Yes , Tibby, he did ask God to take the cup from him. it says he was wracked with sorrow, not fear. IMO the movie made it appear as tho He were terrified.

Mat 26:36
Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.

Mat 26:37
And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.

Mat 26:38
Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

Mat 26:39
And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou [wilt].

Mat 26:40
And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?

Mat 26:41
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed [is] willing, but the flesh [is] weak.

Mat 26:42
He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Mat 26:43
And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.

Mat 26:44
And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.

Luke 12
4   And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
5   But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
6   Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
7   But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Jesus is perfect,how could he have fear?

Thanks for listening to my thoughts. again, i hope you were able to see the positives i felt about the movie in my previous post. i did gain from seeing the passion. I just didn't like the whole package.

Hugs in Christ, Mary

Edit: to say that my mother was raised Catholic, and my Aunt is still a devout Catholic. When we get together, we don't point the finger, " Arrogant Protestant!"  or " Idolitrous Catholic!" we are who we are. we don't always agree with each other, and have our own opinions, but we try not to purposely hurt each other. We all love Jesus, and that is what matters.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 06:36:27 PM by HopeAndFaith » Logged

Romans 15:13  Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
creationist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2004, 12:36:34 AM »

Tibby
You know, it is the Protestants obessing over Mary, not the Catholics. The fact that Mary was referred to as "Mother" by the early church and was respected isn't a Catholic idea, but a historical fact. No Catholic I have talked to has said anything about "Mary appearing much stronger than the Son of God" or about "Jesus seemed to gain strenght from Gazing at Mary at moments of weakness." Now, if there is a real problem with the movie, let us know, but it seems to me that Protestants are just looking for reasons to dislike the movie. Come on, stop the nat straining and nit-picking!
The Catholics are NOT obsessing over Mary because they believe that she was called mother by everybody then and now. They also believe she was stronger than her Son and that Jesus gained strength from “Gazing” at her.

The movie was made by a strong Roman Catholic, this was widely publicished at the time of the opening. Why is everyone so bothered to see Catholic-leaning attitutes in the movie? What did you expect?

Mell promoted his movie as a True Biblical account of Christ’s last 12 hours. He lied. Nobody expected Catholic mysticism.
No Holiwood production ever portrayed a true Biblical Christ correctly but in their defence, none of them based their movies on a mystic’s dream.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2004, 01:34:33 AM »

First of all, i am not nit picking, i am stating my opinion, just as you have been able to voice yours.

Which I did... and am about to do again Smiley I just don't see a reason why you should base your whole view of the movie on which emotion you think the actor was trying to protray. I don't believe he was going for fear, he was just trying to show how upset Jesus was. Something has to be majorly weighting on your mind for you to SWEAT BLOOD. Grin Hematidrosis only happens under great distress. We are talking about something being so stressful, your capillary burst! That being the case, don't you think he did a good job?

Tibby
The Catholics are NOT obsessing over Mary because they believe that she was called mother by everybody then and now.

You don't seem to get it. She WAS called "Mother" back then! And she WAS hed in such high regard. Catholic, Protestant, and Secular history will all tell you the same thing. This isn't up for debate, it is a fact.

They also believe she was stronger than her Son and that Jesus gained strength from “Gazing” at her.

Thats funny, because I am a Catholic, and I am close friends with many who are both Layman and priest (of sevreal rites), and I don't know anyone who thinks that. No one I know thinks of Mary as stronger then Jesus. Again, this isn't up for debate, I think I know what I believe.

The movie was made by a strong Roman Catholic, this was widely publicished at the time of the opening. Why is everyone so bothered to see Catholic-leaning attitutes in the movie? What did you expect?

Mell promoted his movie as a True Biblical account of Christ’s last 12 hours. He lied. Nobody expected Catholic mysticism.
No Holiwood production ever portrayed a true Biblical Christ correctly but in their defence, none of them based their movies on a mystic’s dream.

He based his move on the Bible. He used the "dreams" to fill in the parts of the bible that were shady. Such as, for example, the color of his clothing. Tell me, Bro, what color was Jesus' garments? Red or Purple? If you where making the movie, which color would you have gone with and why?

creationist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2004, 02:44:49 AM »

Note.  all underlined tipe are quotes from Sister Eminerich, whose writings Mell used to create his movie    http://www.emmerich1.com/THE_PASSION.htm#CHAPTER%20I

I don't believe he was going for fear, he was just trying to show how upset Jesus was.

........At first Jesus looked calm, as he kneeled down and prayed, but after a time his soul became terrified at the sight of the innumerable crimes of men, and of their ingratitude towards God, and his anguish was so great that he trembled and shuddered as he exclaimed: ‘Father, if is possible, let this chalice pass from me! Father, all things are possible to thee, remove this chalice from me!" But the next moment he added: ‘Nevertheless, not my will but thine be done.’ His will and that of his Father were one, but now that his love had ordained that he should be left to all the weakness of his human nature, he trembled at the prospect of death…........
When Jesus, unrelieved of all the weight of his sufferings, returned to the grotto, he fell prostrate, with his face on the ground and his arms extended, and prayed to his Eternal Father; but his soul had to sustain a second nterior combat, which lasted three-quarters of an hour. Angels came and showed him, in a series of visions, all the sufferings that he was to endure in order to expiate sin; how great was the beauty of man, the image of God, before the fall, and how that beauty was changed and obliterated when sin entered the world. He beheld how all sins originated in that of Adam, the signification and essence of concupiscence, its terrible effects on the powers of the soul, and likewise the signification and essence of all the sufferings entailed by concupiscence. They showed him the satisfaction which he would have to offer to Divine Justice, and how it would consist of a degree of suffering in his soul and body which would comprehend all the sufferings due to the concupiscence of all mankind, since the debt of the whole human race had to be paid by that humanity which alone was sinless—the humanity of the Son of God. The angels showed him all these things under different forms, and I felt what they were saying, although I heard no voice. No tongue can describe what anguish and what horror overwhelmed the soul of Jesus at the sight of so terrible an expiation—his sufferings were so great, indeed, that a bloody sweat issued forth from all the pores of his sacred body.....

You don't seem to get it. She WAS called "Mother" back then! And she WAS hed in such high regard. Catholic, Protestant, and Secular history will all tell you the same thing. This isn't up for debate, it is a fact.

NO YOU ARE WRONG!!! Give us proof!!

Matthew 12:47  Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48  But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49  And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Or in the NIV.  "Your mother"  NOT OUR MOTHER!!!
Note Christ's answer.  "Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?......For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Didn't she do the will of the Father ?

Mary told them how restless and disturbed in mind Judas had latterly appeared, and how abruptly he had left the supper-room. She felt no doubt of his having gone to betray our Lord, for she had often warned him that he was a son of perdition.

She was so wise. Even the Apostles who were close to Judas didn’t see through him. Hm?

She walked along with her head veiled, and her arms frequently stretched forth towards Mount Olivet; for she beheld in spirit Jesus bathed in a bloody sweat, and her gestures were as though she wishcd with her extended hands to wipe the face of her Son. I saw these interior movements of her soul towards Jesus, who thought of her, and turned his eyes in her direction, as if to seek her assistance  . I beheld the spiritual communication which they had with each other, under the form of rays passing to and fro between them.....

....I saw Jesus still praying in the grotto, struggling against the repugnance to suffering which belonged to human nature, and abandoning himself wholly to the will of his Eternal Father. Here the abyss opened before him, and he had a vision of the first part of Limbo. He saw Adam and Eve, the patriarchs, prophets, and just men, the parents of his Mother, and John the Baptist, awaiting his arrival in the lower world with such intense longing, that the sight strengthened and gave fresh courage to his loving heart. His death was to open Heaven to these captives,—his death was to deliver them out of that prison in which they were languishing in eager hope! When Jesus had, with deep emotion, looked upon these saints of antiquity, angels presented to him all the bands of saints of future ages, who, joining their labours to the merits of his Passion, were, through him, to be united to his Heavenly Father. Most beautiful and consoling was this vision, in which he beheld salvation and sanctification flowing forth in ceaseless streams from the fountain of redemption opened by his death.
    The apostles, disciples, virgins, and holy women, the martyrs, confessors, hermits, popes, and bishops, and large bands of religious of both sexes—in one word, the entire army of the blessed—appeared before him....

Biblical???
I think not

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2004, 10:25:24 AM »

Mary,

You rightly discern the evil that is in the movie, The Passion. There are many more people who are awakening to this delusion. Here is an exelllent article on the matter:

www.LetGodbeTrue.com

As I began writing this, this verse came to my mind: "For what is highly esteemed among men, is an abomination in the sight of God." Luke 16:15b

Jesus said that His way is a very narrow way, and there are very few who will find life.

Many will claim the success of this movie is some sort of blessing from God.

These are the questions that still loom in my mind....

1) How can God bless a work that is impure? A movie that is filled with idolatry, extra biblical mysticism from a Catholic nun. This falls into the category of witchcraft.

2) Many are saying "God can use a donkey" to fullfill His purposes. This statement could be true. But would he use "Porn stars" to create a movie about His Son? (these are current porn stars....not "ex" porn stars)

3) Does this movie violate the 2nd commandment?

4) Will Mel Gibson use the proceeds of this movie to make more bloody, ungodly movies? ( most of his films have been filled with violence and gore)

5) Has Satan used "The Passion" as a recruitment tool for the Catholic Church? ( apparently some of the crew were "converted" during the making of the movie)

6) Mel Gisbon courted  Evangelical Pastors in this nation to promote this film. He actually got their blessing. ( Are they all blind? Do they not read the Word of God? Or they willing to accept "artistic license" to "promote the gospel")

7) Has our gospel become so weak and ineffective that we must provide "visual effects" to touch man's wicked heart?

8) Will the graphic nature of the movie "desensitize" people to the real gospel of Jesus Christ?

I read recently that teenagers that are into horror movies are flocking to The Passion. Will they be touched?

My greatest concern is that the blind (the pastors) are leading the blind.Will they both fall into a ditch?There are a few voices in the wilderness that are speaking out against the deception in this movie. And those who do speak out are considered "anti-Christs"

Can the very elect be so deceived?

Creationist,

Thanks for posting Anne Emmerich's work, or shall I say demonic visions. Was she a real "saint" or a witch?

Psalm 119
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 10:34:40 AM by Psalm 119 » Logged
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2004, 10:37:19 AM »

Note.  all underlined tipe are quotes from Sister Eminerich, whose writings Mell used to create his movie    http://www.emmerich1.com/THE_PASSION.htm#CHAPTER%20I

I don't believe he was going for fear, he was just trying to show how upset Jesus was.

........At first Jesus looked calm, as he kneeled down and prayed, but after a time his soul became terrified at the sight of the innumerable crimes of men, and of their ingratitude towards God, and his anguish was so great that he trembled and shuddered as he exclaimed: ‘Father, if is possible, let this chalice pass from me! Father, all things are possible to thee, remove this chalice from me!" But the next moment he added: ‘Nevertheless, not my will but thine be done.’ His will and that of his Father were one, but now that his love had ordained that he should be left to all the weakness of his human nature, he trembled at the prospect of death…........
When Jesus, unrelieved of all the weight of his sufferings, returned to the grotto, he fell prostrate, with his face on the ground and his arms extended, and prayed to his Eternal Father; but his soul had to sustain a second nterior combat, which lasted three-quarters of an hour. Angels came and showed him, in a series of visions, all the sufferings that he was to endure in order to expiate sin; how great was the beauty of man, the image of God, before the fall, and how that beauty was changed and obliterated when sin entered the world. He beheld how all sins originated in that of Adam, the signification and essence of concupiscence, its terrible effects on the powers of the soul, and likewise the signification and essence of all the sufferings entailed by concupiscence. They showed him the satisfaction which he would have to offer to Divine Justice, and how it would consist of a degree of suffering in his soul and body which would comprehend all the sufferings due to the concupiscence of all mankind, since the debt of the whole human race had to be paid by that humanity which alone was sinless—the humanity of the Son of God. The angels showed him all these things under different forms, and I felt what they were saying, although I heard no voice. No tongue can describe what anguish and what horror overwhelmed the soul of Jesus at the sight of so terrible an expiation—his sufferings were so great, indeed, that a bloody sweat issued forth from all the pores of his sacred body.....

NO YOU ARE WRONG!!! Give us proof!!

Matthew 12:47  Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48  But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49  And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Or in the NIV.  "Your mother"  NOT OUR MOTHER!!!
Note Christ's answer.  "Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?......For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Didn't she do the will of the Father ?

Mary told them how restless and disturbed in mind Judas had latterly appeared, and how abruptly he had left the supper-room. She felt no doubt of his having gone to betray our Lord, for she had often warned him that he was a son of perdition.

She was so wise. Even the Apostles who were close to Judas didn’t see through him. Hm?

She walked along with her head veiled, and her arms frequently stretched forth towards Mount Olivet; for she beheld in spirit Jesus bathed in a bloody sweat, and her gestures were as though she wishcd with her extended hands to wipe the face of her Son. I saw these interior movements of her soul towards Jesus, who thought of her, and turned his eyes in her direction, as if to seek her assistance  . I beheld the spiritual communication which they had with each other, under the form of rays passing to and fro between them.....

....I saw Jesus still praying in the grotto, struggling against the repugnance to suffering which belonged to human nature, and abandoning himself wholly to the will of his Eternal Father. Here the abyss opened before him, and he had a vision of the first part of Limbo. He saw Adam and Eve, the patriarchs, prophets, and just men, the parents of his Mother, and John the Baptist, awaiting his arrival in the lower world with such intense longing, that the sight strengthened and gave fresh courage to his loving heart. His death was to open Heaven to these captives,—his death was to deliver them out of that prison in which they were languishing in eager hope! When Jesus had, with deep emotion, looked upon these saints of antiquity, angels presented to him all the bands of saints of future ages, who, joining their labours to the merits of his Passion, were, through him, to be united to his Heavenly Father. Most beautiful and consoling was this vision, in which he beheld salvation and sanctification flowing forth in ceaseless streams from the fountain of redemption opened by his death.
    The apostles, disciples, virgins, and holy women, the martyrs, confessors, hermits, popes, and bishops, and large bands of religious of both sexes—in one word, the entire army of the blessed—appeared before him....

Biblical???
I think not

Biblical? I think so. Considering Mel based the movie on the bible, and just used this for back up, yes.

You still never answered my question. Red or Purple? And why. I'm not going to reply directly to anything on that you post untill you tell me which color and why.

Psalm-

1) The only idolatry that has taken place during this movie is the worship of Anti-Catholicism.

2) You still have not proven this, and I cannot find it online.

3) Isn't this number 1? Why did you feel the need to repeat it? Trying to fill out more reasons you don't like the movie?

4) No.

5) No, why would satan want to bring people to salvation?

6) I don't know, maybe the protestant Pastors are all that bad. Maybe you are the one who is blind, not them. Something should be said when the majority of God-fearing men and women disagree with you.

7) Yes, for many.

HopeAndFaith

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2004, 12:36:21 PM »

2) Many are saying "God can use a donkey" to fullfill His purposes. This statement could be true. But would he use "Porn stars" to create a movie about His Son? (these are current porn stars....not "ex" porn stars)
Cry I know, this is very disturbing and so sad.

My greatest concern is that the blind (the pastors) are leading the blind.Will they both fall into a ditch?There are a few voices in the wilderness that are speaking out against the deception in this movie. And those who do speak out are considered "anti-Christs"
That is why i sent that email to my pastor, i am hoping to talk to him about it this sunday. if i dont get answers , i will probably have to find a new church.

Deuteronomy 4:2
Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Proverbs 30:6
Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Revelation 22:18-19
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

"And the burden of the LORD shall ye mention no more: for every man's  word shall be his burden; for ye have perverted the words of the living God, of the LORD  of hosts our God." (Jer 23:36

I cannot see how this movie is considered biblical, it has the image of Jesus saying things that were never said. It clearly states in the scriptures listed above that adding to the word of God is a serious offense in the eyes of the Lord. This movie may be historical in its facts about crucifiction and scouraging, but it is not biblical for the most part. we cant accept what we like about the bible and disregard the rest. i cringe to think that the sin of "adding to and taking away" is being disguised as "artistic license". it doesnt say that we may add to and take away from the word, except if we are feeling a little artistic today. The bible needs no "backing up".

John 1.14. "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father) full of grace and truth."

Jesus IS the word, why would it need back up. it doesnt say in the bible that we should live by "this" book and "that", or the bible and all these other books and visions. Nor does it say that anytime in the future it can be added to, by a man's word, thoughts. It says that we should live by the word of God alone.

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private  interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of  God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." (2 Pet 1:20-21)

"For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye  received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word  of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that  believe." (1 Th 2:13)

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy  lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy  name." (Psa 138:2)

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the  word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." (1 Pet 1:23)

"And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is  called The Word of God." (Rev 19:13)

"And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with  manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know  that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the  mouth of the LORD doth man live." (Deu 8:3)

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall  not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.  " (Mat 4:4)

"In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise  his word." (Psa 56:10)

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD  is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him."  (2 Sam 22:31)

"Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy  righteous judgments endureth for ever." (Psa 119:160)

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." (John 17:17)

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is  the word of God:" (Eph 6:17)

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any  twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints  and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."  (Heb 4:12)

Making the word of God of none effect through  your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye."  (Mark 7:13)

"For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of  sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ." (2 Cor 2:17)

"But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in  craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth  commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God." (2 Cor 4:2)

###Another positive thing i have gotten out of the movie is that i have a ravenous hunger for the word now. Grin ###
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 12:45:22 PM by HopeAndFaith » Logged

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2004, 01:12:10 PM »

Tibby,

Once again you have overlooked a post, and/or just don't want to believe facts. Do a "Google" search on the cast of the Passion. Most of this information can be easily obtained on the Movie Review sites. Just punch in their names and you will get the same facts. But for the sake of others I will review what I found in a matter of a couple of hours.

James Caviziel (Jesus) played in "Frequency" it's a movie about a man who can communicate with his dead father via the radio. ( the word of God prohibits the talking to the dead). As far as I know James has not played in any porno films. But the following have:

Rosalinda Celentano (Satan) played in Italian porn movie "Tale of a Gay Porn Star", The Italian name is "Poco piu di un annofa" this movie was made in 2003

Claudia Gerini (Claudia) played the part of Elsa in "Don't Move" (pornographic)released date 2004. She also played a lesbian rock star in La Vespa E La Regina (Italian/2000)

Monica Bellucci (Mary Magdalene) played a topless vampire in Bran Stoker's "Dracula". There is a website dedicated to her
www.100percent-online.com (caution is pornographic)

Sergio Rubini (Dismas) played in the 2002 film "Amnesia" with a pornographic/sodomy theme

These are facts not rumors. I challenge everyone to research the cast of The Passion.

Mary,

This movie may be the catalyst for a one world religion. It is bringing Catholics and Protestants together. Many are seeing Mary in a "New Light".

"Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons." 1 Tim. 4:1

"And Jesus answered and said to them; Take heed that no one deceives you. FOR MANY WILL COME IN MY NAME SAYING,"I AM THE CHRIST" AND WILL DECEIVE MANY. Mt. 24:4-5

The last chapter of Rev. that you quoted should put the fear of God into people. I surely don't want the plagues put on me and my family.

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil, who put darkness for light, and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!  Isaiah 5:20

Yes, when we hear and see error, it should compel us to run to the Word of God for truth.

Mary, just prepare yourself for persecution for taking a stand!

Psalm 119
HopeAndFaith

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2004, 02:37:17 PM »

Thanks Psalm 119 Smiley As i just told my hub on the phone, God has impressed upon me to tell people the truth about this movie (that it is not biblical, and "added to"), but not to tell them they can't or shouldn't see it. that, they have to decide for themselves. i am only responsible for telling them the truth, not to make their minds up for them.

I told my older brother this yesterday, his response was , " even the 10 Commandments is all biblically correct." i told him that i agreed with him, that this was true. I also told him that i felt that he needed to know that Jesus is misquoted, and that a lot of the movie is based on mysticism. My bro converted, became a catholic for his first marriage, i think he may have gotten upset with me.  Sad Well, i obeyed and did what i was supposed to do. i guess that is what matters, that i be obedient.

I hope and pray that i am strong enough, through His word and love, to do what He asks of me now and every day despite what may come. Grin

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2004, 02:40:36 PM »

Tibby,

Once again you have overlooked a post, and/or just don't want to believe facts. Do a "Google" search on the cast of the Passion. Most of this information can be easily obtained on the Movie Review sites. Just punch in their names and you will get the same facts. But for the sake of others I will review what I found in a matter of a couple of hours.

James Caviziel (Jesus) played in "Frequency" it's a movie about a man who can communicate with his dead father via the radio. ( the word of God prohibits the talking to the dead). As far as I know James has not played in any porno films.

Um... you never saw Frequency, did you?  I saw it in the Theatre. Your facts are a little mixed up. He wasn't talking to him "dead" father, he was talking to his living father 20 years in the past, a week before his death (we was a fireman, and he died when he went back in to save someone). You See, Caviziel's charactor (as an adult who lost his father 20 years ago) found his fathers old Hamm radio. He took it out and started using it with his son, as his father had done with him. He soon found that aurora borealis did something to send the radio waves back and forth in time. It is a time traveling(kinda) Sci-Fi movie, nothing to do with supernatural communcation with the dead and spirits and the like. Your twisted view of this movie makes me wonder what else you got wrong about the other actors.

But the following have:

Rosalinda Celentano (Satan) played in Italian porn movie "Tale of a Gay Porn Star", The Italian name is "Poco piu di un annofa" this movie was made in 2003

Claudia Gerini (Claudia) played the part of Elsa in "Don't Move" (pornographic)released date 2004. She also played a lesbian rock star in La Vespa E La Regina (Italian/2000)

Monica Bellucci (Mary Magdalene) played a topless vampire in Bran Stoker's "Dracula". There is a website dedicated to her
www.100percent-online.com (caution is pornographic)

Sergio Rubini (Dismas) played in the 2002 film "Amnesia" with a pornographic/sodomy theme

These are facts not rumors. I challenge everyone to research the cast of The Passion.

I'll look it all up when I get a chance.

This movie may be the catalyst for a one world religion. It is bringing Catholics and Protestants together. Many are seeing Mary in a "New Light".

What? Please tell me you are not one of those "left-behind" people.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the