Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:25:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  the Passion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Passion  (Read 30219 times)
HopeAndFaith

Defender of Jesus (and chocolate)

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2004, 01:08:14 PM »

Ok, i don't see anything productive coming out of this thread, so i guess i am "taking my ball and going home." Grin I don't want to spend any more of my time being angry and judgemental, when i am working on both of these in my life. (my mom, Oye! thats another story)

Hugs In Christ, Mary

Romans 15:13  Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
creationist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2004, 02:19:48 PM »

But, this isn’t the topic of the thread, is it, now?
You started it. Or was it just another attempt at ridicule?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2004, 08:10:22 PM »

It was asked as a side note, I don't want it to hi-jack the thread. It ties into the main arguement. You are claiming part s of the Passions were unbiblical, and yet you ascribe to the rapture doctrine. Don't you just love the irony? Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
creationist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2004, 12:38:05 AM »

No irony. 100% Biblical. That's why I asked you to read your Bible.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2004, 12:43:35 AM »

Show me. Lets sees these verse talking about the rapture.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 12:45:32 AM by Tibby » Logged

creationist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2004, 12:56:17 AM »

Another time. I just got home after a long hard day.
I'll answer you when I have time on another thread and it'll be titled Rapture. At least it will also grab the attention of those who have found this topic boring and are no longer reading this thread.

Now go do a few Rosaries because you’ll need all the help you can get to twist the Word when I (and anybody who also joins us) quote Scripture and not mystical writings by dreamers.
Reba
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2004, 09:54:15 AM »

Show me. Lets sees these verse talking about the rapture.

Tibby,  becarefull you are sounding like a

reformedorthdoxpreterest
 Lips Sealed
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2004, 10:59:17 AM »

No, just a skeptic. I’m skeptical of non-biblical doctrine that isn’t found in the writing of the early church that is taken as fact. If it can be proven by the Bible, then I believe. If it can be proven by the writings of the early Fathers, then I MIGHT believe. But when the earliest source of a doctrine is an bitter Franciscan priest trying to spite Protestants during the so-call “counter-reformation,” I’m a little skeptical.

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2004, 05:26:30 PM »

Tibby,

We haven't seen eye to eye on much, but you are correct about the "Rapture". But do you know who actually started this false doctrine of a pre-tribulation or "secret rapture"? A young woman named Margaret McDonald( 1830's) of Port Glasgow Scotland who belonged to the Catholic Apostolic Church.

Corrie ten Boom the beloved woman who spent time in a Nazi Camp said this about the rapture doctrine: "The rapture doctrine is a false teaching that Jesus warned us to expect in the latter days."

For over 1800 years after the death of Christ, the Church believed that there was a Resurrection of the saints, not a pre-tribulation "rapture".

It just goes to show you that many of the false doctrines have originated in the Catholic Church, and many Protestants will eventually follow suite.

That brings us back to The Passion. Here is another great article written by a retired professor of theology.

http://www.mttu.com/Articles/MEL%20GIBSONS%20SLAUGHTER%20OF%20CHRIST.htm

Psalm 119
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2004, 07:49:25 PM »

We haven't seen eye to eye on much, but you are correct about the "Rapture". But do you know who actually started this false doctrine of a pre-tribulation or "secret rapture"? A young woman named Margaret McDonald( 1830's) of Port Glasgow Scotland who belonged to the Catholic Apostolic Church.

Yeah, McDonald, and lets not forget Fr. Ribera, who maybe the whole 7-year trib theory. I think it is interesting how a lot of the anti-catholics are like Creationist, and are pro- left behind (ever left behind is anti-catholic), when all the ideas from left behind are From Catholic Minds... Grin So, if we are the evil ones...

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2004, 08:08:01 PM »

Thank you, Psalm.  I skimmed your link there, but boy, once again, I'm getting the feeling that Gibson's critics are just intensely jealous of him.

I don't much cotten to most Catholic sympathies; adherrants are resolutely blinded to the greater wonder of salvation in Jesus Christ--nuns and priests and friars and "fathers"-- Roll Eyes.  Helllooooo.  Undecided

But Gibson went through quite a gauntlet to get this thing displayed, last year, with few on his side.  Plus he financed it himself--$30 million.  And now it's grossed nearing ten times that.

If I were Jesus, I'd appreciate someone doing this for me, to show the world, many years after it happend, just what Jesus went through.  And apparently, the "world" is certainly getting to see it.

Can't we be thankful for that?   Okay, it emphasizes the violence; it emphasizes Mary.  Okay.

But does that overshadow just what is going on here--to the point we can't even be thankful for it as a reminder of Jesus and His suffering?

And what all Gibson went through to get it done?

I'd be a nervous wreck by now.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2004, 01:04:24 AM »

UM??? - If anyone thinks they have all the right answers, please step forward for a round of applause.

I finally got enough information about the Passion. I won't be going to see it. Instead, I will be buying the DVD. The continued criticism and reports of people being pointed to Christ with this movie helped me to decide.

Psalm 119 and Tibby, I hope to see you at the RAPTURE! I understand it will be out of this world and denominations will be left with the rest of the confusion on earth. You won't have to believe in the RAPTURE to attend, but you will be required to have the Holy Spirit in your heart and Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour. We can agree to disagree, but it won't have anything to do with the Catholic church or some girl in Scotland.

WHEW!! - There's a lot of hot air in this thread, but I love all of you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

creationist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2004, 01:57:30 AM »

Did anybody find out why there were Gold goblets hanging off the crucifixes?
They were on all 3. They wouldn’t have just been put there for no reason. They must symbolise something.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2004, 08:43:08 AM »

I didn’t find out about it. It isn’t like they can drink from it or anything. Maybe it was to mock the thirsty criminals. Who knows. I wish some one would look it up! I can't find anything in all my searching!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the