Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:14:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  the Passion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Passion  (Read 30349 times)
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2004, 04:26:27 PM »

"And Jesus answered and said to them; take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name saying,"I am the Christ" and will deceive many."  Matt 24:4-5

"Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons."  I Tim 4:1

"For the time will come WHEN THEY WILL NOT ENDURE SOUND DOCTRINE, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers, and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables." 2 Tim 4:3-4

"Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walks about like a a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. RESIST HIM STEADFAST IN THE FAITH, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world."  I Peter 5:8-9

"And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light." 2 Cor. 11:15

Fact:Anne Katherine Emmerich a Catholic nun, mystic, stigmatist wrote the "screenplay" of the Passion. Mel Gibson carries a "relic" of hers ( a piece of cloth) in his pocket.Her "unbiblical visions" of satan in the garden are not from Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John

Fact: Most Protestants don't read their Bibles enough to know truth from fiction. Most will readily accept a few lies and then call it "artistic license" ( a little leaven will ruin the whole lump)

Fact: While dozens of Pastors are taking their congregations in Portland, Oregon to see the Passion. Dozens of homosexuals are obtaining "marriage licenses", and not one pastor is present to protest.

Fact:We are living in the most deceptive time in American history.

Fact: God will not be mocked. He will respond to America's moral crisis, as He did with Sodoms.

Awake Awake to Righteousness!

Psalm 119

tqpix

I'm a Christian!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2004, 05:22:45 PM »

Amen.  Well said.
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2004, 05:30:30 PM »

tqpix,

thanks!

Here is a good link for reviews on The Passion.

http://acts413.org/passion.htm
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2004, 05:37:04 PM »

"And Jesus answered and said to them; take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name saying,"I am the Christ" and will deceive many."  Matt 24:4-5

"Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons."  I Tim 4:1

"For the time will come WHEN THEY WILL NOT ENDURE SOUND DOCTRINE, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers, and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables." 2 Tim 4:3-4

"Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walks about like a a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. RESIST HIM STEADFAST IN THE FAITH, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world."  I Peter 5:8-9

"And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light." 2 Cor. 11:15

Fact:Anne Katherine Emmerich a Catholic nun, mystic, stigmatist wrote the "screenplay" of the Passion. Mel Gibson carries a "relic" of hers ( a piece of cloth) in his pocket.Her "unbiblical visions" of satan in the garden are not from Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John

Peter had no problem giving people a piece of clothing. And she did not "write the screen play." Mel Gibson did use some of her writing, but that we the get more filler for the parts the Gospels left out. You know, the four Gospels don't say word for word Jesus was nailed to the cross. And the Four Gospels disagree. One says He had a red clothes, the other says it was Purple. Of course, it is easy to confuse these colors with bad lighting and all the blood and sweat, but what do you want Mel to do? Alternate from red to purple ever once in a while? Make it purple and red stripes?

Let me ask you this: If you were a film maker, what would you have done? Red or purple? Either way, you would contradict scripture, so what
 would you do it?

Fact: Most Protestants don't read their Bibles enough to know truth from fiction. Most will readily accept a few lies and then call it "artistic license" ( a little leaven will ruin the whole lump)

I hope the protestants AT LEAST know the story of Jesus and how he died. If most protestants don't know enough about the bible to know how Jesus died, then I think you need to focus your resources on teaching your people, not attacking Catholics. Most Catholics, even the posers, at least know the story Jesus' death. You are sounding anti-Protestant, now. I spent most of my life as a Protestant, and I can safely say that most, if not all of them/us, know the story of Jesus' death.

Fact: While dozens of Pastors are taking their congregations in Portland, Oregon to see the Passion. Dozens of homosexuals are obtaining "marriage licenses", and not one pastor is present to protest.

Portland, Oregon? Now there is a real hotbed of homosexuality. No one protested Homosexual Marraige hear in East Texas, either. The Christians in SF, Cali protested. WHO are we in Oregon and Texas going to protest AGAINST? At most, 2% of the Country are homosexuals. Meanwhile, the vast majority of the country are Christians. Protestant Christians, who YOU claim are ignorant of their own beliefs!!!

Fact:We are living in the most deceptive time in American history.

Hear comes the "days of Noah" speech. Listen, as long as people like you and me are going to stand up for what is right, we will not have to worry about this. As you said:

Fact: God will not be mocked. He will respond to America's moral crisis, as He did with Sodoms.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 05:38:02 PM by Tibby » Logged

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
creationist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2004, 10:46:17 PM »

1Corinthians 2:14.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned"

2 Corinthians 4:4
4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2004, 11:58:28 PM »

Good verses. To bad they don't further the discussion in any way.

creationist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2004, 12:44:46 AM »

YOU and the Mells of this world are the “natural” men who prefer the writings of men/women rather than those of GOD because you are spiritually discerned.

The god of this world hath blinded your minds.

I bet you would be the first to jump up and down when SDAs quote Ellen White.(No. I'm not an SDA) Tongue

I pray that the Holy Spirit will one-day shine on you so you can see the truth through all these lies.
creationist

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2004, 12:58:11 AM »

PSALM 119.
I neglected to congratulate you on your previous posts.
Keep the GOOD work up brother.

GOD Bless.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2004, 10:19:38 AM »

YOU and the Palsm 911's of this world are the "hateful" men who prefer to bash fellow Christians (both Catholic and Protestant) who don't agree with you on every single issue, then to use your time for more productive things.

The god of your own little world hath blinded your minds.

SDAs? Who?

I pray that the Holy Spirit will one-day shine on those around you so they can see the truth through all your lies.

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2004, 11:50:07 AM »

Tibby,

NEWS FLASH.....one cannot be a Catholic and a Christian!

One cannot be an idolater and enter the kingdom of God.

Psalm 119

btw, no one bashed any "Christian" unless you call reciting Scripture  "bashing".
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 12:00:00 PM by Psalm 119 » Logged
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2004, 12:23:07 PM »

So much love. Roll Eyes No wonder Catholics stay Catholic when you talk to them. You approch people like that, all you do is turn them away.

So far, you guys have shown the attitude that everyone (Catholic and Protestant alike) is stupid because they don't see things the way you do.

Even if you did have a valid point, no one would be able to hear it through the offencive way you confront them.

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2004, 03:07:58 PM »

Tibby,

I have a number of Christian friends who have come out of the Catholic Church and they are the ones that are the most discerning about the movie The Passion. They are the ones who pick up on the Catholicism in the movie. Such as Mary dressing like a nun, and being referrred to as "Mother" by the disciples. Protestants who were once Catholics, and have repented of their idolatry ( Mary worship) are some of the harshest critics of the movie.

Mel Gibson and James Caviezel (Jesus) participated in The Mass every day together while making the movie. On the days that James didn't attend Mass he had the Eucharist brought to him on the set. Let me ask you, "does the notion of crucifying Jesus over and over again ( as in the Mass) offend you? It does me. And it should offend every believer in Jesus Christ. For Christ DIED ONCE FOR SINS.

Here is a link that may enlighten you more on the subject. These are a group of pastors who will not see, or have seen and will not recommend the movie. There is a lot of background information to the "why". Please take the time to read these articles, and mostly search the Scriptures for the truth. Jesus will not share His glory with anyone else.

www.acts413.org/passion

Psalms 119
tqpix

I'm a Christian!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2004, 03:13:02 PM »

NEWS FLASH.....one cannot be a Catholic and a Christian!

One cannot be an idolater and enter the kingdom of God.

Psalm 119

I don't agree with this quote.  One CAN be a Catholic and a Christian!  I am one!

I don't, however, follow many of the Catholic teachings like
  • Holding the apocrypha to be canon
  • Believing the seven deadly sins to be deadly (one should avoided them, but they're not deadly)
  • Praying to the "Virgin" Mary (notice the word "Virgin" is in quotation marks--Jesus had siblings; there's no way Mary could've ben a virgin when she left this world)
  • Believing in purgatory (if it's not in the Bible, I'm not going to believe in it).
I also don't agree with many of the actions of the Catholic church:
  • Calling priests "Father" (Matthew 23:9--And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.)
  • Priests and nuns not being able to marry (1 Corinthians 7:2--Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.).
I do, however, do the sign of the cross--the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, Amen--before and after each prayer.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 03:15:15 PM by tqpix » Logged
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2004, 06:21:39 PM »

tqpix,

With all due respect, if you do not believe in such things ,why are you still a Catholic? What binds you to the Catholic Church?

As you may know Mel Gibson is pre-Vatican II. He is a staunch Mary worshipper ( along with James Caviziel). You and him would not see eye to eye theologically. I do realize Mel is in the minority among other practicing Catholics.

My desire is not to offend you, but to ask some honest questions.

Psalm 119
tqpix

I'm a Christian!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2004, 08:31:38 PM »

tqpix,

With all due respect, if you do not believe in such things ,why are you still a Catholic? What binds you to the Catholic Church?

My desire is not to offend you, but to ask some honest questions.

Psalm 119

I wasn't offended.  Smiley

I was raised Catholic by both my parents (they're both Catholics), but we don't really observe many of the Catholic traditions (I didn't know what lent was until I was in my late teens, early twenties).

I went to a Protestant church once, because my mom encouraged me to after my aunt's mom (who is Protestant) invited me and my brother to go.  I reminded her that this was a Protestant church and not a Catholic church, and she said that they're all the same.

I went but didn't feel comfortable being there.  For one thing, they didn't do the sign of the cross before and after every prayer.  I felt that this was somehow disrespectful to the LORD--probably because I was so used to doing it.

Even though I don't agree with most of its teachings, I prefer going to a Catholic church, because that is what I'm used to.  When the pastor is going to preach about the apocrypha, purgatory, etc., I just ignore it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 08:39:47 PM by tqpix » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the