Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:19:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Submitting to Husbands
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Submitting to Husbands  (Read 26103 times)
BUTCHA

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2004, 08:59:04 PM »

I Brake for Jesus

to make it short and sweet, give him all the respect he diserves. if he abuses his authority hes lost your submition.
kewlkat

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2004, 10:46:25 PM »

this holle subbiting to your husband thing is hard very hard but the way i look at  itis god put him on earth first and the lord put us on to keep him company the lord to put him in charge of us so he is responsable for us and  us women if we love then enough we should help them out and listen to them even if u feel it is a stupid idea    god is there for u no matter what and it does get easy       I still have my problems with the subbition thing but i  try and that is all god asks for    
 i hope that makes sence to  u
ForHimWebDesigns

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2004, 12:24:28 PM »

Ya know..I had a problem here for years..till just a few months ago.

1. God demands the husband to be the head of the household. Let me explain this.
The husband is held Accountable. This takes alot off us.  Now lets say for instance We say..Honey I want to go to Church.  He says no..we have no car to get there.  He will be held accountable for this. (not us)  this doesnt mean we shouldnt use commen sense. Lets say our husband tells us to do something like rob a bank. (huge exageration I hope) Knowing its wrong..we should take a stand.

This does not give a man any excuse to see us as a slave. Like a man says GET ME A COKE! bad bad..  As women are treated Right..we do things like this because we want to.  We clean because we want to. We like to make our men happy. More so if they make us happy.  

Marriage is a partnership.  My husband takes off the lids off those jars that I cant.. I sew up his socks if he gets a hole in it. Not because we want to.. but because we love each other.  

He helps with the kids..I know when I have had it..Im going to blow.. he will often tell me to lay down.  He picks up the slack when im down for the count..I do the same for him.

Many false intrepretations have gone into the submitting thing.  I am glad your searching you knowledge here. :-)  

God is good.
joyce

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2004, 09:34:23 AM »

All I know it is Gods will to submit to my husband.  The bible says that He esteems a person who is contrite, broken and trembles at his word.  The bible admonishes women to submit.  At times you may feel that you are right and definitely you are.  But, you know your husband.  You know he may not like to be told anything,  you can wait for the right time to tell him, actually you know when best to tell him something.  Just understand the man God has given you and approach him in an individual way.  No formula is applicable to all because your husband is different from mine.
Foe example,  you may discover you dislike something he does, but do not tell him right away.  You have the spirit of self control.  You can even say something so casualy in a joking way in his better moods, and you know he will get the message.
There is nothing more that will kill your relationship than trying to outcompete him in the headship.  A cow with two heads is abnormal.  So you have to submit even if you think, his brains are less.  Who told you that.  You will feel stupid when you go against his advise and you realize it later
Accept you are a woman.  with a role to play in the family.  The woman is the home.  the bible says that a foolish woman will wreck her home with her hands.  Submit to husband, and you will see him loving you more than you can imagine, pray for issues which disturb you.  God is really a present help in time of need.  There at times you feel things are bad,  just pray and cry to Jesus and he will heal your marriage.  i mean literaly call his name,  Jesus I need you now.
As a woman you are a homemaker, make your a home a comfortable place where your husband can be happy to come to after work  Ensure he is comfortable.  Feed the children well. give them love.  Fulfill your husbands needs otherwise he will look for a sweet thing outside who is very happy to fulfil his needs.(you know what I mean)  It is not about age.  Cultivate a gentle and a quite spirit.  Pray a lot as a wife.
God made you a woman he loves you and that is the way it is.  Dont go about sulking cos you are below him.  It is not really that, You are really strong and that is why a home without a mother is not a home.  So do not strain yourself to be  manlike.  If an animal has two heads, that animal will be so confused cos the heads will be  will be arguing where should we go, should we drink that water,  no leg move this way, no I think the hand shoukld go to the right.
Be a woman God made you, a crown for the husband
 for the sake of harmony and with unity you will do wonders
God bless your marriage, it is made to last and for complete fulfilment.  Love your husband even if he is short, with a talking problem >I mean despite his weakness.  God will hold you accountable if you mistreat or misuse his gift to you that you desired for for so long.

Melody
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2004, 02:21:29 PM »

My husband does not get the final say, nor do I "submit" to him.  Our marriage is a partnership.  We discuss all issues and the decision is made based on logic and reason.  To be honest, in almost 15 years of marriage, we really have not come across any topic that we could not resolve through compromise or giving in to the other person's viewpoint because their reasoning was more logical.  

As a general rule, I find myself on the losing end quite frequently but that's because my husband is far more logical than I am and can argue his point better.   Would he force the issue if I did not want to go along?  No because he also respects me.
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2004, 12:08:05 PM »

Having to negotiate every little thing in a marriage/household all the time really would take some much time and effort.  Letting the husband lead works if you have chosen the right husband for yourself and he is leading a good Christian life.  

Pre-marriage counselling should also be recommended for all couples marrying in the church.  Knowing what you expect from each other as spouses before the marriage can save many tears later.  Too many couples spend lots of time and effort planning the wedding ceremony and honeymoon but don't plan for much later than that.
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2004, 12:21:56 PM »

HERE is the thing ?A woman looses nothing ?GOD has put the burdern on the man ,too carry the load .HE must LOVE his wife as CHRIST loved the church .He must be the protector ,the priovider ,the spiritual leader .He MUST be reponisable for healing in ,his hoursehold .A woman has NO choice .It is in her heart to fiollow HIm .I know you may not agree .But you will .But HE must be a righteous man or this will not be .GOD will judge each man for his home ,more than the woman .GOD told me ?if a man will get on his knees and pray with his family ,take his family to church ,read the living WORD with his family .HE would take care of everything else .
It is in a womans heart to want to please her husband . And a righteous man ,will do all in his power to please his wife .because when married they are one .if a marriage fails 99.99% it is the mans fault .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
DG

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2005, 12:07:30 AM »

I just finished reading this great book called "Romancing your husband" by Debra White Smith. It is a christian book and she talks alot about submitting to your husbands and uses lots of bible verses to help us understand what submitting really means in a realtionship. Check your local library for a copy. Hopefully it will shed some light on the subject.
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2005, 06:56:25 PM »

Equal partnership requires much negotiating.  I got tired of trying to negotiate everything.  I tried submission and obedience.  It worked for me.  Mostly because my husband loves me so much.  We shouldn't negotiate with God.  God wants our obedience.

Children will follow the example their parents show.  If you want your children to be obedient to God and to you and your husband, don't be the perfect example of negotiation on everything.  Where do the kids learn it?  Mommy is the boss, Daddy is the boss of Mommy, God is the Boss of Daddy.  So no more "ask Daddy if Mommy says no"; "ask Mommy if Daddy says no".  I have witnessed 7 yr olds trying to negotiate themselves out of their homework with Mommy.  "Let's make a deal."  No,  I don't want this in my home.
Melody
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2005, 12:11:52 PM »

Equal partnership requires much negotiating.  I got tired of trying to negotiate everything.  I tried submission and obedience.  It worked for me.  Mostly because my husband loves me so much.  We shouldn't negotiate with God.  God wants our obedience.

Children will follow the example their parents show.  If you want your children to be obedient to God and to you and your husband, don't be the perfect example of negotiation on everything.  Where do the kids learn it?  Mommy is the boss, Daddy is the boss of Mommy, God is the Boss of Daddy.  So no more "ask Daddy if Mommy says no"; "ask Mommy if Daddy says no".  I have witnessed 7 yr olds trying to negotiate themselves out of their homework with Mommy.  "Let's make a deal."  No,  I don't want this in my home.

I disagree.  I don't think it takes too much time to discuss things with my husband.  We do it over dinner, while we're doing dishes together and while cuddling before we go to sleep.  We generally come to a concensus during these little discussions and when we can't it's shelved for the time being.

You're correct.  Parents are the examples for their children and I want my children to learn how to hold a discussion, listen to the other person's viewpoint, give their own and then come to the best solution.

Do my children try to negotiate with me?  Sometimes, but the most important less they've learned is that some things aren't negotiable while others may be up for grabs.  Sometimes their logic makes more sense than my rule...so we revise.

For the record....I never make "deals" with my children.   Bad precedent to set.  If mom said it's homework time, then no they can't make a deal to clean the bathroom on Saturday if I let them do their homework later.  However, I might let them do their homework later than normal if they give me a logical reason why this should be so in this particular instance.

God gave them a brain.  It's my job to teach them how to use it.

My husband's first wife died when his two children were less than 2 year's old.  When we married, he said that one of the things he enjoys about having a two parent household is that it provides a balance.  I believe that applies to a marriage as well.
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2005, 11:14:13 AM »

The last word on anything must be with someone .it is the man .but the burdern has been put on him .To carry the load .But he must love his wife as CHRIST loved the church .But he will be judged harder than her

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Hurting

Trying to learn

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2005, 12:00:05 PM »

No submitting, you must both be treated equally.
That's all I have to say.
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2005, 12:13:06 PM »

wELL IF WE DO NOT OBEY god ?wE LOSE !tHE MAN must RULE ,OR he ALSO LOSES  

Mrs.Chosen

Chosen By GOD Isaiah 43:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2005, 06:53:16 AM »

Hey where is the girly who started this topic?

Any way 1st off you don't have to get married. (No sex and no Babies)
And if you do have that desire then GOD placed it there when He created you. So you need to follow His plan. He made marrige not us.
Now if you follow His plan for marraige you'll do just fine.
GOD will send a man that will be your best friend, and you know how we listen to our best friends.
Also the closer you grow to GOD the more you'll look at submitting it deeper than your husband. It's just obeying GOD.
You have to submitt on your job to your boss if you want a job. And if you want to stay out of jail you better submitt to the police (if they are in the right). So if we will let our boss be our boss to get that pay chack how much more should we want to let GOD be our boss and listen.
Letting GOD pick your mate is the key! I let my husband do his thing, and he never ever bosses me around. NEVER.
How would you feel having 2 bosses and they are both in charge and they tell you 2 different things. That would get too confusing. Look at it this way, every being has 1 head.
So should the house hold.
Amen.

In Christ Jesus Love,

L.Gore
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2005, 12:24:47 PM »

Of course everything must be done out of LOVE .But if A man loves his LORD and loves his wife .He will do all he can to please her ,as long as it does not come between him and JESUS CHRIST . He will bless his kids and be a blessing .People will always do more out of love than fear .

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the