Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:17:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Roman Catholic Religion
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Is the Roman Catholic Religion Christian?
Its A Cult - 3 (27.3%)
Its A False Religion - 2 (18.2%)
NO!! - 0 (0%)
NO WAY! - 0 (0%)
Maybe (Give Reason Why) - 0 (0%)
yes (Give Reason Why) - 6 (54.5%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roman Catholic Religion  (Read 17895 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2003, 04:34:12 PM »

Repeating yourself - especially after someone has shown the errors in your position doesn't prove anything.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Grin

Thanks

Hail Mary Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2003, 04:35:29 PM »

Jesus said, "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit [which is invisible] and truth" (John 4:24). After Jesus ascended into heaven, Paul said true worshippers are those "who worship in the Spirit of God" (Phil. 3:3). The eternal, immortal King is invisible to those on earth until He returns (1 Tim. 1:17). Christians are called to look on "the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal" (2 Cor. 4:18). The Eucharistic god of the Catholic Church is thus a temporal god and a false Christ. Jesus warned us not to believe anyone who says, "Here is the Christ" (Mat. 24:23). Jesus Christ, the Eternal God, is now physically present at the right hand of the Father (Luke 22:69). He will not return to the earth until after the tribulation (Mat. 24:29-30). Clearly, the worship of the Eucharist is idolatry. To worship any image in the place of God provokes Him to anger. God has this to say to idolaters: "they have made Me jealous with what is not God; they have provoked Me to anger with their idols" (Deut. 32:21). The Roman Catholic Church has "exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image " and "exchanged the truth of God for a lie" (Rom. 1:23-25).

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2003, 04:38:04 PM »

I think you misunderstand, A4C. By the Church, they are Referring the Christianity. By the Catholic belief, Baptist, Methodists, all true Christians are part of the “Catholic” church. When they say “The Church” they mean Christianity. If you had bother to read more then the quotes, you would know this. This is clearly stated by the Catechism. When they say “No one can be saved outside the church” What they are saying is you have to be Christian, no Muslims, no Buddhist, no Taoists, on Gnostics, no Tribal shaman, no one who isn’t Christian. Do you not agree? Because, this is what they are talking about. If you truly read the Catechism, you would know this.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 04:46:41 PM by Tibby » Logged

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
avemaria

+JMJ+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2003, 04:38:39 PM »

This was posted for a reason.  Don't feed into it.  Only the Holy Spirit grants the graces necessary to know and believe truth.

We ought to pray for conversions and not quarrel.  This is hatred and hatred is not of God.

Remember the words of Jesus?  "Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:"  St. Matthew 5:11

It is for Jesus' sake that we "take" what we "take" from people like this.  Pray fervently friends.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2003, 04:41:03 PM »

The Bible tells us there is no excuse for those who are ignorant of God (Rom. 1:20). A lack of knowledge about God is indicative of a lack of desire to read His word. Indifference, laziness or a preoccupation with the things of this world is what keeps people from reading the Bible. Still there are people who are zealous for God but lack knowledge about His Gospel. We see an example in Romans 10:1-4. Paul said, "For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. For not knowing about God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." Paul recognized their lost condition and prayed for their salvation.

Many Roman Catholics also have a zeal for God but it is not based on biblical knowledge. Since they do not know the righteousness of God, they seek to establish their own. If they knew that God’s righteousness requires perfect righteousness they would give up trying to appease Him and gain His acceptance through good works. They would recognize their own righteousness appears as filthy rags before a holy God. Roman Catholics need to go to the Bible—the divine source for the truth about God and His Gospel.

Hail Mary Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2003, 04:49:08 PM »

What Catholics Don’t Know About Salvation

They do not know the meaning and relationship of justification, sanctification and glorification in salvation. In Roman Catholic theology, justification and sanctification are not distinct but have similar meanings and thus interchangeable. Both are part of a process of becoming holy. For a Roman Catholic this process begins at water baptism and extends through purgatory. According to The Pocket Catholic Dictionary, justification "is the supernatural sanctification and renewal of a person who thus becomes holy and pleasing to God and an heir of heaven." "Justification is conferred in Baptism, the sacrament of faith. It conforms us to the righteousness of God, who makes us inwardly just by the power of his mercy" (Catechism of the Catholic Church [CCC], 1992). It is a process whereby good works are necessary to gain and maintain a right standing before God. "If anyone says that the sinner is justified by faith alone, meaning that nothing else is required to cooperate in order to obtain the grace of justification...let him be anathema" (Canon 9 of the Council of Trent). The Catholic Church states that the grace of justification comes, not through faith but through the sacraments, beginning with baptism. The sacraments conform Catholics to the righteousness of God. Catholics are taught they can then merit the graces needed for the attainment of eternal life through the sacraments, good works and obeying the law (CCC, 2027). Catholics commit a sin if they presume they can be glorified without merit (2091, 2092).

Grace & Peace

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2003, 04:54:28 PM »

You have already proven you know nothing of Catholicism, no need to push the issue Wink Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:08 PM »

Jesus is not and never was a victim. The Lord said: "I lay down My life…I lay it down on My own initiative" (John 10:17-18). Numerous references to Christ as the victim are found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church. "The sacrifice of Christ and the sacrifice of the Eucharist are one single sacrifice: The victim is one and the same" (CCC, 1367).

Jesus does not appear every day in the form of a wafer to be worshipped and represented as a sacrifice. "This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven" (Acts 1:11). "He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, sat down at the right hand of God" (Hebrews 10:12).

Jesus is sufficient to save sinners completely and forever. "Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him" (Hebrews 7:25). Catholics reject the sufficiency of Christ’s atoning work by believing their good works and indulgences play a part in their salvation.

Jesus alone purifies sin. Purgatory does not exist. The teaching of it denies the cross work of Christ. Yet Rome dares to declare that purgatory is necessary because Jesus was unable to do what His word proclaims—to purify for Himself a people for His own possession (Titus 2:14). "When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high" (Hebrews 1:3). Fire has no effect on sin. Only the blood of Jesus can cleanse us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

In conclusion, it is clear that Roman Catholics don’t know about God and His Gospel because they have not gone to the primary source for these truths. They must realize that the Bible is what God has revealed and religion is what man says God has declared. Anytime people go to a secondary source for truth they leave themselves open to deception. Sinners might be able to navigate through the minefield of life on earth but should take this warning to heart. The Lord Jesus said, "Do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell" (Mat. 10:28).

Tibby, I am working on it, give me sometime.  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:26 PM »

Jesus said, "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit [which is invisible] and truth" (John 4:24). After Jesus ascended into heaven, Paul said true worshippers are those "who worship in the Spirit of God" (Phil. 3:3).

This is talking about the proper attitude toward works.  Satisfying the spirit of the law, not the letter.  Not about worshipping invisibly – else we could not worship God on this earth.

The Eucharistic god of the Catholic Church is thus a temporal god and a false Christ.

That is a rather long convoluted way to go to just get to here.  This is a nonsensical position to take unless you can make it fit in with the scriptures Paul left that say one must discern the body of Christ in the bread and wine (1 Cor 11:29).  Can you do that?

Jesus warned us not to believe anyone who says, "Here is the Christ" (Mat. 24:23). Jesus Christ, the Eternal God, is now physically present at the right hand of the Father (Luke 22:69). He will not return to the earth until after the tribulation (Mat. 24:29-30).

That’s funny He said He would be with us to the end of days.  That is not through the comforter, the Holy Spirit either, unless you deny the trinity because they are two different persons of the trinity.

Clearly, the worship of the Eucharist is idolatry. To worship any image in the place of God provokes Him to anger. God has this to say to idolaters: "they have made Me jealous with what is not God; they have provoked Me to anger with their idols" (Deut. 32:21). The Roman Catholic Church has "exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image " and "exchanged the truth of God for a lie" (Rom. 1:23-25).

If the Eucharist was just a symbol one would not risk damnation for participating in it unworthily (1 Cor 11:29).  One cannot be judged for disrespecting a symbol.

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
michael_legna
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2003, 05:05:24 PM »

The Bible tells us there is no excuse for those who are ignorant of God (Rom. 1:20). A lack of knowledge about God is indicative of a lack of desire to read His word. Indifference, laziness or a preoccupation with the things of this world is what keeps people from reading the Bible. Still there are people who are zealous for God but lack knowledge about His Gospel. We see an example in Romans 10:1-4. Paul said, "For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. For not knowing about God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." Paul recognized their lost condition and prayed for their salvation.

Many Roman Catholics also have a zeal for God but it is not based on biblical knowledge. Since they do not know the righteousness of God, they seek to establish their own. If they knew that God’s righteousness requires perfect righteousness they would give up trying to appease Him and gain His acceptance through good works. They would recognize their own righteousness appears as filthy rags before a holy God. Roman Catholics need to go to the Bible—the divine source for the truth about God and His Gospel.

Hail Mary Grin

Your understanding of the Church appears to be based on biased accounts and not a studying of their doctrine.  catholics do not teach that God can be appeased through good works.

I do aggre that Catholics should go to the Bible, but then so does the Catholic Church as they openly encourage members to study the Bible every day.  But that is true for all people not just Catholics, and I know many Catholics who have a much better grasp of scripture than you appear to so I would encourage you to go to the Bible as well.

Matt 5:11  Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2003, 05:09:49 PM »

I know many Catholics who have a much better grasp of scripture than you appear to so I would encourage you to go to the Bible as well.

I am sure you do Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2003, 05:42:01 PM »

The soteriology of RCC faith, in its kernal, is Arminian as are the majority of protestant denominations. Only the Reformed churches (which many call Calvinistic) disagree with Arminian doctrine. So if the Arminian protestants are concerned about RCC soteriology (salvation doctrine), they must also be concerned about themselves. Of course, no protestant denomination agrees with the RCC's belief that Mary and the saints are in anyway mediators between God and man. We believe, according to the Scripture that "There is one Mediator between God and man, the Lord Jesus Christ."
  BUT, BUT, BUT--I have fellowshipped with some RCC people
and their expressed enjoyment of Christ as their Saviour; their confidence in His work of atonement as their sole hope of reconciliation with God and their interest in Him as a sanctifying influence in their life convinced me that they were regenerate. We must remember that we are saved not by properly understanding Bible doctrine, but by Christ Himself and we come into that salvation in Him by realizing our own unworthiness, our need of His righteousness, and casting all our hope on Him. A person can be a Roman Catholic and truly believe in Christ. Martin Luther was clearly both a Catholic and a Christian at the time he was trying to stay with the RCC
and just correct its erroneous doctrines. I say let us not judge one another harshly. Fellowship with those who have a love of Christ. Fellowship in every point upon which we are in agreement, but do not ever yield on those points in which we have scriptural grounds for saying, "You do err, my brother."

Amen Ralph,

I am reminded that Cain slew Able, when Able spoke to Him, no doubt concerning the things of God.

And by this deed exposed himself, for whose son he really was, thou Luther never convinced Roman Catholics of the way of their error in the doctrines of this institution, It is clear they sought to kill him, no question about it.

This is the reason I agree with you, we ought not allow these who profess Christ with their mouth, but at the same time worship at another alter, espousing error.

Clearly it is like having one foot in the world and one over the wall, true, no one knows their hearts but deception comes upon those who least expect it, Jesus warned against these, when He said;

Take heed that no man deceive you.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock on words or appearances, the proof as they say is in the pudding, its what they teach that exposes the lie, when compared to the truth.

2 Cor 11
10  As the truth of Christ is in me, no man shall stop me of this boasting in the regions of Achaia.
11  Wherefore? because I love you not? God knoweth.
12  But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
13  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Blessings,

Petro
« Last Edit: December 18, 2003, 11:34:39 PM by Petro » Logged

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2003, 05:50:04 PM »

This was posted for a reason.  Don't feed into it.  Only the Holy Spirit grants the graces necessary to know and believe truth.

We ought to pray for conversions and not quarrel.  This is hatred and hatred is not of God.

Remember the words of Jesus?  "Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake:"  St. Matthew 5:11

It is for Jesus' sake that we "take" what we "take" from people like this.  Pray fervently friends.

Dont foget to start your prayer with hail mary Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

avemaria

+JMJ+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2003, 09:09:33 PM »

Dont foget to start your prayer with hail mary

I always do!  Smiley

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2003, 06:54:44 AM »

Dont foget to start your prayer with hail mary

I always do!  Smiley

Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the