Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:54:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Laughter (Good Medicine) (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Global Warming? What's it doing your neck of the woods?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Global Warming? What's it doing your neck of the woods?  (Read 25026 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2008, 12:13:07 AM »

I thought this might be a fun thread topic.  Especially since "Global Warming" is the biggest joke so far in the new millenium.  And the crazy weather we had in Seattle today proves it.

This morning we woke up to sunshine but it quickly clouded over and got pretty dark although you could wear shirtsleeves.  If you're a true Seattlelite it doesn't take too many degrees for us to be able to do that.  Then this afternoon it started hailing and got heavier.  Shortly there was a loud clap of thunder and the sky opened up with a horrendous downpour!  If you're a true Seattelite, this excites you.  I never did see the lightening but I'm sure it was there somewhere in the dark clouds.  That lasted about a half hour and stopped and the tempture seemed to plummet and it was time to put a light jacket on.  The last time I stepped outside (about 15 min. ago) and I, personally, still in the shirtsleeves of my favorite Mariner t-shirt, have to admit it was quite nippy.  Possibly mid to high 30's.

So what's it doing in your neck of the woods?  Grin

In Christ,
Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 08:53:21 AM »

From what I remember of Seattle that is pretty normal weather.

It is really warm here today. It is already 42 degrees out this early in the day. It is supposed to get up in the upper 50's. Tonight and tomorrow though the temperatures are supposed to plunge back down and we are supposed to get freezing rain and snow both Monday and Tuesday. This is also pretty normal for this time of year here.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 09:19:01 PM »

Here in Indiana on the News, the Weather reporter just said that we got 3 times more snow this Winter then what is normal..... NO global warming here.....LOL

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 02:51:07 AM »

Well we got 1/2 inch of snow today, which is normal for us here in Arizona. Grin Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 08:55:50 AM »

Grin   Grin

This is one of the coldest years we've had in a long time in Oklahoma. All I can say is that it must be rough to get all kinds of recognition, prizes, awards, and fame for peddling ABSOLUTE BALONEY. Al Gore has been just about our only source for HOT AIR.

Brothers and Sisters, this is an excellent example of the vanity of man versus the ABSOLUTE SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD. Mankind is going to look foolish in this comparison every time. GOD is in charge of the seasons, just as HE is in control over the sun and the rest of HIS CREATION. The time will come when HE will provide undeniable PROOF that HE is GOD, and HE will subject all things beneath HIS feet.

In the meantime, folks like Al Gore will continue to make fools of themselves. He can consider all that money he made for stand-up COMEDY.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 07:23:12 PM »

Well we got 1/2 inch of snow today, which is normal for us here in Arizona. Grin Grin

What?  Shocked  I got a heat-stroke my first year down there!  Never hurt or been so sick in my life!  Tongue

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 12:31:05 PM »

What?  Shocked  I got a heat-stroke my first year down there!  Never hurt or been so sick in my life!  Tongue

You must not have been in the mountains of Arizona.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 05:52:57 PM »

You must not have been in the mountains of Arizona.

Nope.  Smack dab in the middle of the desert between Yuma and Hila Bend!  Hot, hot and hot!  Nothing but cotton and citrus for miles and little no-account towns.  The one I was in was Dateland, AZ.  Just a little bitty dot on the map.  I was a waitress, a live in babysitter and then drove a tractor for a cotton gin!  I was only about 21-22 yrs old and stupid.  Tried my hand at picking lemons but just couldn't do it and dodge the horseflies at the same time!  Ran over 5 very large rattle snakes the first 3 months I was there and then backed up and drove over 'em again!   Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 12:11:42 AM »

Brother Bob is in the mountains. A portion of the state that most people never think of when they think of Arizona. I have never spent a whole lot of time in the state myself. Usually it has just been "passin through". The longest I stayed there was two days and one night at a hotel on the upper edge of the Grand Canyon. I also got stuck in Phoenix once for about 8 hours because an old car I had overheated in the 105 temps. It took that long for the car to cool down enough to get it started.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 08:53:08 AM »

Yesterday a nurse was saying that, the total snow we had this year, hasn't been that much in 70 years

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 11:22:30 AM »

That's true for most areas. In fact some areas have broken a 100 year old record. The global warming nuts still say it is due to global warming.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 11:39:35 AM »

That's true for most areas. In fact some areas have broken a 100 year old record. The global warming nuts still say it is due to global warming.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

My own opinion is God is saying "WAKE UP PEOPLE". Cheesy Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 12:40:12 PM »

Yep and "I'm in control."

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 02:04:50 AM »

tenthingstodo

Want to do something to help stop global warming?

Here are 10 Simple things you can do and how much carbon dioxide you'll save doing them!

Change a light

Replacing one regular light bulb with a compact fluorescent
light will save 150 pounds of carbon dioxide per year.

Drive less

Walk, bike, carpool or take metro transit more often. You'll save
one pound of carbon dioxide for every mile you don't drive!

Recycle more

You can save 2,400 pounds of carbon dioxide per
year by recycling just half of your household waste.

Check your tires

Keeping your tires inflated properly can improve gas mileage by more than 3%. Every
gallon of gasoline saved keep 20 pounds of carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere!

Use less hot water

It takes a lot of energy to heat water. Use less hot water by installing a low-flow
shower-head (350 pounds of carbon dioxide saved per year) and washing your clothes in
cold or warm water (500 pounds save per year).

Avoid products with a lot of packaging

You can save 1,200 pounds of carbon dioxide if you cut down your garbage by 10%.

Adjust your thermostat

Moving your thermostat down just 2 degrees in winter and up 2 degrees
in summer could save about 2,000 pounds of carbon dioxide per year.

Plant a Tree

A single tree will absorb on ton of carbon dioxide over its lifetime.

Turn off electronic devices

Simply turning off your television, DVD player, stereo, and computer when you're
not using them will save thousands of pounds of carbon dioxide per year.

Be a part of the Solution

« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 06:55:17 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 08:33:03 AM »

Want to do something to help stop global warming?

If you want to do something to stop global warming then you better learn how to control the sun. Carbon Dioxide has NOTHING to do with global warming. It is a false and destructive science.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the