Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:19:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How does Christianity differ from other religions?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How does Christianity differ from other religions?  (Read 19209 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 11:01:59 AM »

I know some people would say that my muscular dystrophy is because of lack of faith or a sin. Kenneth copeland is one of these.
I used to get a kids magazine from them. In one issue, there was a story about a person sick in a hospital. I didn't read it because Dad had read it and threw it out. He said it said that it was that person's fault that they were sick. Dad didn't want me to think it is my fault I have muscular dystrophy.

Hello Brother David,

The con-men preachers will eventually get sick many times, and they will eventually die just like everyone else. Further, they go to doctors just like everyone else.

The original sin of Adam and Eve introduced illness, death, and a host of all kinds of problems for mankind. This is called the "Fall Of Man", and Adam gave an inheritance to all mankind of the curse of sin and death.

Brother David, your Dad was right about throwing that magazine out. It was false teaching. David, you are now a Christian, and JESUS CHRIST has rescued you from the curse of sin and death. Your hope and riches aren't in this world because this world is NOT your HOME. Your citizenship is in Heaven for Eternity with JESUS CHRIST. As Christians, GOD has also Promised us a Glorified Body at HIS Appointed Time. We will leave our corruptible bodies of flesh, blood, and sin behind. There won't be any more pain or sorrow. JESUS CHRIST has gone before us to prepare a place for us, and that is our HOME - NOT this world. What GOD really wants for us is NOT in or of this world, but our time here will be very short. We're just passing through. OUR REAL CITIZENSHIP AND HOME IS FOR ETERNITY!

Romans 8:16-23  The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Brother David, even the Apostle Paul had a "Thorn in the Flesh" (illness). Paul prayed numerous times that GOD would remove it, but that wasn't GOD'S Will. And Paul, like the other New Testament Writers, was martyred for CHRIST.

Love In Christ,
Tom

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 11:05:36 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 11:14:35 AM »

Armorbearer Said:

This difficult for me to digest. I'm mean prosperity, health, and wealth. This is a doctrine that hundreds of preachers preach on. Who also show evidence that they are filled with the Holy Ghost by speaking in tongues. They give scripture after scripture showing proof that God does want HIS people to live a prosperous life. And if these teachings be false, then we as believers have hell on our hands because there are a lot of people being deceived by this doctrine if indeed it is false. So are these preachers misinterpreting the Word? How is it that so many thousands(and i would venture to say millions) of people are being deceived by the Word of God given by these preachers. And i'm not just talking about baby christians. Yes those who wax strong in the Word and spirit. IF THIS IS A FALSE DOCTRINE

Hello Armorbearer,

Brother, this is a false doctrine, and it isn't taught in the Bible. Many are deceived, and this is very sad. However, there is a bright side to this mass deception. Many of the deceived are Real Born-Again Christians with JESUS CHRIST as the LORD over their lives. JESUS CHRIST is the ultimate TRUTH, and HE is absolute REALITY!

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 NASB
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:50-58 NASB
Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O  DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 11:41:18 AM »

Mat 24:11  And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:24  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Many are deceived and many more will be deceived. We are warned of such many times in the Bible. It clearly tells us that there will be teachers that will come showing "evidence" by doing miracles and showing great signs. These will deceive many with their false teachings. Most of these have shown themselves to be false prophets and teachers by rejecting the true word of God, by elevating themselves, by being the only holders of truth through revelation alone, and by giving false prophecies.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 01:17:08 PM »

Amen brother Tom.
I know that compared to eternity, life is a blink. I patiently wait for everything God has promised me.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2008, 08:26:45 PM »

Amen brother Tom.
I know that compared to eternity, life is a blink. I patiently wait for everything God has promised me.

Hello Brother David,

More and more, events around the world are looking like the End Days of this Age of Grace. I doubt that any of us will be waiting very long for JESUS to take us HOME. We will LOVE HIS Glorious Appearing.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 09:53:18 AM »

I never understand why "Christianity" is somehow a "religion". Who made religion ideas, anyway?
I know, we had to faith our Lord, but his action is just too much for me.

I always saw so many fools are too blind to see it. I always thought maybe fools lived inside a shells too much.

bronzesnake

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2008, 11:57:46 PM »

I know some people would say that my muscular dystrophy is because of lack of faith or a sin. Kenneth copeland is one of these.
I used to get a kids magazine from them. In one issue, there was a story about a person sick in a hospital. I didn't read it because Dad had read it and threw it out. He said it said that it was that person's fault that they were sick. Dad didn't want me to think it is my fault I have muscular dystrophy.
Hey brother, I have been sick all my life, literally, but God loves me and I love God amen!
People like us, who suffer and refuse to surrender to bitterness and refuse to listen to ignorant wanna be prophets who tell us we're suffering because we're not right with God are great inspirational living testimonies to the world my friend.
There are many people right here who are suffering with very poor health who are extremely faithful and strong Christians - Tom and Roger for example...here’s two more extremely faithful and inspirational men of God.

great post my friend straight from the heart!

John
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2008, 12:09:46 AM »

David, I think you will enjoy this.

This is a true story!!

The son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?'.  The father who, despite having a  heart condition, says 'Yes'.   They went on to complete the marathon  together.  Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race  together. One day, t he son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the  Ironman together.'  To which, his father said 'Yes' too.

For  those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever.   The race  encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim,  followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2  mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island    Father and son went on to complete the race together. View this race  at.....

NOW WATCH THIS VIDEO:

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8cf08faca5dd9ea45513

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2008, 12:17:39 AM »

It's great to see you posting here Brother John.

David, I think you will enjoy this.

This is a true story!!

The son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?'.  The father who, despite having a  heart condition, says 'Yes'.   They went on to complete the marathon  together.  Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race  together. One day, t he son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the  Ironman together.'  To which, his father said 'Yes' too.

For  those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever.   The race  encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim,  followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2  mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island    Father and son went on to complete the race together. View this race  at.....

NOW WATCH THIS VIDEO:

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8cf08faca5dd9ea45513

Amen! The Father's love for His son ...

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2008, 12:40:23 AM »

Hello Bronzesnake,

Brother John, it's great to hear from you. You are in our prayers every day and we know that you are going through difficult times in more than one way. Our difficulties can become a beautiful thing if we are IN CHRIST and allow HIM to take over.

There are many examples in the Bible that can encourage us and show us the way. The first thing we must learn is that CHRIST is our life and strength, and HE is the only one who should receive GLORY. FAITH in HIM is obviously a big key. We can even use many examples in the Old Testament to illustrate the absolute truth of GOD'S Love, Grace, Strength, and other good things that HE wants to give HIS Children.

Think about Samson for a moment - the source of his strength - and the problems he faced because of not yielding. Bluntly, Samson didn't have any strength of his own.

Think about King David and his life. All good things were given to David by GOD because of faith - and it pleased GOD. We know that King David committed a horrible sin that could have been and should have been a death sentence. However, GOD forgave him, and one of the most beautiful times in David's life was the forgiveness GOD gave him. We also know why GOD forgave David. David was humble and cried out for GOD'S forgiveness - not because of fear - rather because of love and fellowship David treasured with GOD.

Think about the Apostle Paul and the illness he suffered for much of his ministry. We should also consider the persecution and eventual martyrdom of the Apostle Paul and how he considered those things in comparison to what he had in CHRIST.

Brother, the examples are endless, but the end result is the STRENGTH, LOVE, RIGHTEOUSNESS, GRACE, FORGIVENESS, AND GLORY OF GOD. All of the good and lasting things are IN CHRIST! As for us, we aren't worthy for anything, so it should be a matter of THANKS and PRAISE to GOD for everything HE give us. We should consider it a great honor and blessing that GOD will use us and work in and through us for HIS Will and Purpose. Just the thought of this should give us pause and make us fall on our faces before GOD in thanks and praise. HE is the KING OF KINGS and has made us HIS Children. It can't be because of anything we're worth or anything we've done or capable of doing. It's because of CHRIST and the CROSS - AND OUR FAITH IN HIM!

Beautiful studies throughout the Bible clearly prove that all GOOD THINGS are from GOD. Further, Salvation has always been because of GOD'S Grace - GOD'S Great LOVE - and our faith in HIM. We all eventually get sick and die because of the FALL OF MAN - the SIN of Adam - and the inheritance from Adam of the curse of sin and death. However, we all know that our LOVING GOD - FULL OF GRACE - AND MOST MERCIFUL sent HIS SON to die on the CROSS for our sins and in our place. SO GOD has given us a SAVIOUR who wants to rescue us from the curse of sin and death and give us ETERNAL LIFE WITH HIM! There is no greater LOVE and GIFT than this. It's all about GOD and HIS GLORY - not us. This is the most POWERFUL AND PRECIOUS TRUTH IN HUMAN HISTORY!

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 12:46:54 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

bronzesnake

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2008, 06:34:05 PM »

Hello my brothers!
Thank you Tom and Roger…hello Bob.

I have started a new post so I could tell my story in more detail...and it relates to what you have referred to Tom.
The new post is called "My New Testimony" In the "Testimonies" thread.

Thanks friends!  Cheesy

John
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 06:39:27 PM by bronzesnake » Logged
Marios Pontos

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2008, 03:51:33 AM »

Christianity is not a religion.Religion is mancenter, christianity is Christcenter.The big defence of christianity is Jesus Christ the Savior.All religions do not have a savior.
Prosperity is a blessing from God. Poverty is a curse. Health is a blessing from God.Sickness is a curse.Deuteronomy 28.
Christ has redeem us from the curse of the law.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2008, 04:07:03 AM »

Christianity is not a religion.Religion is mancenter, christianity is Christcenter.The big defence of christianity is Jesus Christ the Savior.All religions do not have a savior.
Prosperity is a blessing from God. Poverty is a curse. Health is a blessing from God.Sickness is a curse.Deuteronomy 28.
Christ has redeem us from the curse of the law.

Hello Marios Pontos,

WELCOME!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite, and I look forward in having fellowship with you. I think that I understand what you're saying - let's see. As Christians, our riches are in HEAVEN and beyond the imagination of man. What the world calls wealth is temporary. Thus, I know many strong Christians who are poor by the world's standards but RICH IN CHRIST. Likewise, SPIRITUAL HEALTH is forever IN CHRIST but temporary in this short life.

As Christians, we are Children of the KING OF KINGS, and this world has NOTHING to offer us. Our citizenship is in HEAVEN and so is our HOME FOREVER with JESUS CHRIST. I definitely understand your statement about Religion versus CHRIST. CHRIST is our ALL IN ALL!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 492 - 1 Chronicles 16:8-12 Give thanks unto the
LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people. 9
Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous
works. 10 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice
that seek the LORD. 11 Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face
continually. 12 Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his
wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;

Marios Pontos

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2008, 04:23:34 PM »

Hello Marios Pontos,

WELCOME!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite, and I look forward in having fellowship with you. I think that I understand what you're saying - let's see. As Christians, our riches are in HEAVEN and beyond the imagination of man. What the world calls wealth is temporary. Thus, I know many strong Christians who are poor by the world's standards but RICH IN CHRIST. Likewise, SPIRITUAL HEALTH is forever IN CHRIST but temporary in this short life.

As Christians, we are Children of the KING OF KINGS, and this world has NOTHING to offer us. Our citizenship is in HEAVEN and so is our HOME FOREVER with JESUS CHRIST. I definitely understand your statement about Religion versus CHRIST. CHRIST is our ALL IN ALL!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 492 - 1 Chronicles 16:8-12 Give thanks unto the
LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people. 9
Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous
works. 10 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice
that seek the LORD. 11 Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face
continually. 12 Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his
wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;

Hello brother Tom.
I agree with all that you mention about riches in heaven and spiritual health in Christ. In few words  we should be heavenly minded and not earthly minded. But this doen't mean that spiritual riches and health are against prosperity and healing for the body in this life too.Actually is the opposite true. A heavenly minded man can live more in prosperity and health "accintetally" than an ealthy minded man who pursuits these blessings. Matthew 6:33 says that we should seek first the kingdom of God and His rightousness AND ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU.
Yes, is true that  is much better somebody to be poor by the standards of this world and rich in heaven but God WILLS to provide for ALL OUR NEEDS in this life too. The firt doesn't nullify the second.actually suports it.Philipians 4:19
Likewise with spiritual health and healing for our body. God wants to heal our bodies. jAMES 5:14-15
In His name
Marios
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2008, 04:49:44 PM »

By definition, Christianity is a religion.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the