Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:11:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How does Christianity differ from other religions?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How does Christianity differ from other religions?  (Read 19205 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 07:57:19 PM »

I can't wait to go home. Read verse in my signature.

AMEN BROTHER DAVID!

I love that Verse, and it's SO TRUE! GOD has made many Promises to us, and they are beautiful beyond our imagination.

Revelation 21:4-23 NASB
and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away." And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." And He *said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." Then He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. "He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. "But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, "Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb." And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper. It had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel. There were three gates on the east and three gates on the north and three gates on the south and three gates on the west. And the wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. The one who spoke with me had a gold measuring rod to measure the city, and its gates and its wall. The city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as the width; and he measured the city with the rod, fifteen hundred miles; its length and width and height are equal. And he measured its wall, seventy-two yards, according to human measurements, which are also angelic measurements. The material of the wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. The foundation stones of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation stone was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald; the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.  I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.  And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 10:47:44 AM »

I know in my heart & without a doubt the lord is about to give his shout!
Watch & ready yourselves for the Bridegroom, Just like a jewish wedding 7 days of feasting,
so shall the marriage supper. The raptured Bride takes part in this.
I love Weddings, I cant wait!
YLBD
ishi

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 03:27:42 PM »

Because it is the only religion where we have a saviour JESUS CHRIST who died for us on the cross at calvary
to atone for our sin and then rose from the dead on the third day.He ascended into heaven and now is seated
at the right hand of God.Halleluyah
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 03:54:56 PM »

There can be no difference between christianity and religion due to religion being made from a man's mind sand christianity coming from God himself by giving us hope through His Son Jesus..I think it is foolish to try to compare man with God.It is what is wrong with society today..All want to be important to be like a god themselves..trying to fix what is wrong in their life without God..Self help books continue to be best sellers when the Word of God is overlooked..made fun of..mocked..If there is any religion that is dangerous it is the religion of prosperity..Not once is it said the Lord told John the poor have the gospel..People in church are measured by what they look like and what they have..The newest religion is that of how many have the best praise band..I was told if the music in our church was any good..and if it was praise songs sung on the radio..not once did this person mention Bible anything..We live in a feel good society..That is what has become of repentance preaching..Pastors who envy pastors with huge churches that half of these pastors are not preaching the gospel but have opened a country club full of programs that have nothing to do with the bible..and it is called fellowship..So much has changed that those who are lost do not know the real from the fake unless they are shown the gospel because the Holy Spirit draws to Jesus not to a program..This    nation alone is filled with lost more than it has ever been..and it is not a question of religion but of hope they need..hope that is eternal..only found in Jesus Christ the Lord..
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 05:48:43 PM »

AMEN MARYJANE!

This part of the world is now a giant mission field, and a growing portion of the population is being devoured by the devil. It's extremely sad that many of our churches are simply sprinkling some spices on the victims so they will be more tasty for the devil. This is the day of:  be happy and do whatever you want to do. Humanism is a great vehicle for the devil to use, and we can now hear the roar of humanism almost everywhere. IT'S EASY AND PLEASES THE EAR!

On the other side of the coin, the GOOD NEWS is still the most powerful message on the face of the earth:

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

armorbearer

Jer. 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 10:39:49 PM »

CHRISTIANITY diffres from other religions primarily because JESUS CHRIST is the foundation upon which the church is built upon. MATTHEW 16:16-20. And we know that according to
1 Corinthians 3:11 there can be no other foundation besides Christ Jesus.

Sis. Maryjane said           

..If there is any religion that is dangerous it is the religion of prosperity..Not once is it said the Lord told John the poor have the gospel..People in church are measured by what they look like and what they have...

Prosperity is not a religion. Many pastors throughout this nation preach prosperity because many Christians believe that it is the WILL of GOD for his people to live in poverty. When you search the Word, you can see that it is exactly the opposite.
 PSALMS 35:27 says  Let them shout for joy and be glad,Who favor my righteous cause; And let them say continually, “Let the LORD be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.”  And Jesus said

John 10:10  ....I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Christians were never meant to live in lack, debt, and poverty. It is His Will for us to live a prosperous life. That doesn't mean that we will all be millionaires. It just means that we will not live in "lack". That means lack of finances, food, clothing, or any thing that is necessary for us to live this life.  NECSSARY not want. In all churches, people are not measured by what they have. It is a blessing to see those in  the body prosper. And because I put God first, I don't get jealous when He blesses someone through financial gain, debt cancelation, or some other form of blessing. But I look at  their testamony and know if He could do it for them then I know that He is more than able to do it for.  If we allow ourselves to be envious (which is a work of the flesh and not of the Spirit) because what God is doing in someone elses life or ministry, then GOD can't and won't bless us because our hearts are not right before Him. We need to yield to the direction of the HOLY SPIRIT and He we lead us in the right direction and teach us how to love and live life according to the Word.

Hebrews 12:1-3
   1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.

23 Nevertheless I am continually with You;
         You hold me by my right hand.
 24 You will guide me with Your counsel,
     And afterward receive me to glory.
 25 Whom have I in heaven but You?
    And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
            Psalm 73: 23-25
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2008, 10:59:56 PM »

Maryjane was totally correct. Prosperity theology is the teaching that authentic religious belief will result in material prosperity for the believer. Prosperity theology is also known as prosperity doctrine or perhaps most commonly the Prosperity Gospel. The doctrine holds that material prosperity, particularly financial prosperity and success in business and personal life, is to be expected as external evidence of God's favor. This favor may be preordained, or granted in return for efficacious prayer, merit-making and/or appropriate faith.

The Prosperity gospel is indeed a false gospel. God does promise us such prosperity to this extent as it is being taught in the prosperity movement. The riches that He does promise are not riches of this world. Yes, He does tell us that He will meet our needs but He does not promise us worldly riches as the prosperity gospel teaches. This movement has indeed made a false religion of this teaching, mis-leading those that follow it.

Many of the most faithful men of God were worldly poor yet they were indeed the richest of men.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2008, 11:31:16 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I give thanks that our REAL RICHES are not of this world. Our RICHES are in CHRIST, and we have them for Eternity.

Ephesians 3:14-19 NASB
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

Titus 3:4-7 NASB
But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Brothers and Sisters,

As Children of the KING OF KINGS we have an inheritance with the Saints in LIGHT, and that LIGHT is JESUS CHRIST, our LORD and SAVIOUR forever! As Christians, our measure of wealth in this short life is not measured in the same way that the world measures wealth. We are just passing through, and this world is NOT our HOME. Our Citizenship and HOME is in Heaven with JESUS CHRIST for Eternity.

Ephesians 2:19-22 NASB
So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Philippians 3:20-21 NASB
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;  who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

As Children of the KING OF KINGS, our Real Riches are beyond human imagination. They are measured in LOVE and the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:2 NASB
that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself,

armorbearer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2008, 11:43:46 PM »

Then if preaching about prosperity is wrong  and considered a false doctrine, then that would mean that those who "buy" into that vision will be punished for believing such things. And do you know how many people, thousands upon thousands of people, believe according to this " prosperity doctrine". So does that mean that they will go to Hell because they bought into the man of God's vision of living a prosperous and sucessful life. Like I said before, being prosperous doesn't mean necesarrily mean that you will be a millionaire or live in the biggest house. It just means living a life without lack. Not being poverish. And I know that there are people who do not have it, yet they are content with what they have and are strong and rich in the Word. Everyone (in the body)  can't move out of the"ghetto", or else there wouldn't be a light to shine in the "ghetto".  Hebrews 11:6 says that God is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Seeking Him. Not the thing.

Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

I don't believe preaching about prosperity is wrong. But if the individual who hears the word "prosperity", and makes that their reason for seeking Him, then they are the ones whonare in the wrong. I've heard plenty of teaching on prosperity and the one teaching it always makes sure that their hearers(the ones that they're teaching) have an understanding that sin against God's Word and a desire just for material possession is against God. Thereby disqualifying them for the blessing. In all that wew do, WE must put God first.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2008, 12:29:29 AM »

In all that wew do, WE must put God first.

Amen!

Brothers and Sisters,

I give thanks that our REAL RICHES are not of this world. Our RICHES are in CHRIST, and we have them for Eternity.

Ephesians 3:14-19 NASB
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

Titus 3:4-7 NASB
But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Brothers and Sisters,

As Children of the KING OF KINGS we have an inheritance with the Saints in LIGHT, and that LIGHT is JESUS CHRIST, our LORD and SAVIOUR forever! As Christians, our measure of wealth in this short life is not measured in the same way that the world measures wealth. We are just passing through, and this world is NOT our HOME. Our Citizenship and HOME is in Heaven with JESUS CHRIST for Eternity.

Ephesians 2:19-22 NASB
So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Philippians 3:20-21 NASB
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;  who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

As Children of the KING OF KINGS, our Real Riches are beyond human imagination. They are measured in LOVE and the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:2 NASB
that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself,

AMEN AND AMEN!!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 12:36:14 AM »

Hello Armorbearer,

Brother, I do think that the teaching of Prosperity, Health, and Wealth Gospels is WRONG, mainly because they don't exist, and they are not taught by the Bible. GOD didn't promise Christians an easy time in this life. In fact, HE promised the opposite if we are not conformed to the world. We should also be quickly familiar with the teaching about loving money, the world, and the things of this world. When GOD talks about Riches, they are not the Riches of this world.

Many famous preachers these days are little more than con-men trying to get more money for their multi-million dollar mansions and their lavish lifestyles. One I'm aware of thinks nothing about living in $10,000 a night hotel rooms and still preaches his MONEY SERMONS for more when there are hosts starving to death around the world. Some try to convince the elderly and ill that their problems are caused by not being right with GOD and giving enough. Many of these people are living on tiny fixed incomes, but they are convinced by the preacher con-men to send money to these fat cats calling themselves preachers. Some do without needed medications and food to send their offerings to the con-men. YES - I think this is WRONG! In fact, I KNOW IT'S WRONG!

The facts are really pretty simple. Many extremely STRONG Christians are poor by the standards of the world, but they are RICH by the standards of GOD. As Christians, we go by the standards of GOD. All people eventually get sick and die in this short life, including the con-men preachers who say that people are ill because they aren't right with GOD or ill because they don't give enough to GOD. If one looks at how the con-men preachers use the money sent to them, one would be quickly convinced that it wasn't GOD receiving the offerings.

What we are really talking about is false gospels being taught that are hurting the real work of GOD. The REAL WORK of GOD still has needs that are not being met because of the money taken under false pretences and con games. The REAL WORK of GOD is also harmed because it might now be viewed in the same light as the con games. It's a bad thing for GOD'S WORK to be compared to the work of snake-oil salesmen, circus acts, and carnival games.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 12:38:50 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 01:03:49 AM »

I am not saying prosperity is wrong..but it is wrong when it is the focal point of christianity..When it is used for selfish gain at the expense of baby christians who are not discipled but asked to send their last dollar waiting not on God but on the word of what has been told to them by false doctrine from these preachers and  these baby christians believe they will  have what they desire..It is the same as going to a spiritualist or psychic..When ther is no mention of the precious BLOOD OF JESUS, no mention of REPENTANCE, no mention of GET INTO GOD'S WORD..then these poor souls will be lost and even harder to come to the Lord because false doctrine led then to believe christianity was to make them rich or if they are not rich, they have a spirit of poverty..If there is anything that will truly seperate religion from christianity it is definately knowing God's Word..Looking up in the Word what you are being preached for yourself..to disciple the weaker and lead them to look into the word and study it daily..We are in tough times where it is the Word the very word of God that instructs us in all things to give us discernment..
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 01:59:44 AM »

Hello MaryJane,

Sister, I hope that nobody thinks I was hinting that it's wrong to be prosperous. You mentioned some of the things that are the most IMPORTANT: the BLOOD of JESUS, Repentance, Getting into GOD'S WORD. Here, we are talking about things too precious to have a price tag on them. We are living in an age where being Strong in GOD'S WORD is extremely important. This Perfect Truth and Ultimate Knowledge in the Holy Bible helps us to judge all other things and discern their truth or fiction with the BIBLE. If we haven't learned the Great Truths of the Holy Bible, we are ill-equipped for these evil days. It would be as if we are going forth into battle without a weapon and without armor.

Ephesians 6:10-17 NASB
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

I give thanks that we don't depend on our own strength when we go forth into battle, rather the Strength of GOD in us. We obtain that Strength by praying for GOD to help us and by eating the Spiritual Food GOD has provided for us - HIS WORD. By the way, I love the portion of Scripture above. It provides the beginning of a beautiful Bible Study. When everything is boiled down to the simple facts, we are Nothing without CHRIST! We can do many things in CHRIST because of HIS Strength and Righteousness - not our own.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Timothy 4:16-18 NASB
At my first defense no one supported me, but all deserted me; may it not be counted against them. But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that through me the proclamation might be fully accomplished, and that all the Gentiles might hear; and I was rescued out of the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Colossians 1:9-12 NASB
For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

Philippians 4:12-13 NASB
I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.  I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Romans 15:1-3 NASB
Now we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those without strength and not just please ourselves. Each of us is to please his neighbor for his good, to his edification. For even Christ did not please Himself; but as it is written, "THE REPROACHES OF THOSE WHO REPROACHED YOU FELL ON ME."

armorbearer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 04:23:27 AM »

Hello Armorbearer,

Brother, I do think that the teaching of Prosperity, Health, and Wealth Gospels is WRONG, mainly because they don't exist, and they are not taught by the Bible.

This difficult for me to digest. I'm mean prosperity, health, and wealth. This is a doctrine that hundreds of preachers preach on. Who also show evidence that they are filled with the Holy Ghost by speaking in tongues. They give scripture after scripture showing proof that God does want HIS people to live a prosperous life. And if these teachings be false, then we as believers have hell on our hands because there are a lot of people being deceived by this doctrine if indeed it is false. So are these preachers misinterpreting the Word? How is it that so many thousands(and i would venture to say millions) of people are being deceived by the Word of God given by these preachers. And i'm not just talking about baby christians. Yes those who wax strong in the Word and spirit. IF THIS IS A FALSE DOCTRINE

Now i know that there are preachers out there who are nothing but con-men and call themselves christians. These cons cause a snare to those who are genuinely speaking the truth. Why? Because if you have one person who says they represents Christ and cons a lot of people out of money, then all of a sudden everyone who preaches prosperity becomes a crook. Those who do so will receive their due punishment in that day when Christ will judge the world.

Moreover, some of these big time preachers, they give so much back to the communty. I mean i know of some that have paid off peoples mortgages, bought cars for those in need. Some go over to Africa and help dig water wells for people so they don't have to walk 5 miles just so they can have water. A lot of these preachers do give back. They don't just speak prosperity as a means to get money, but they teach so that you will be impowered to be a blessing on behalf of someone else.    

John 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

3John2    Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

And yes we as believers are called to search the scriptures ourselvs. The Apostle Paul praised the Phillipians for doing such things. We must get stronger in the Lord, in HIS WORD so that we won't fall to any deceptions that may come our way. As believing whether it's wrong or not to preach prosperity, you know my answer. 

1 Corinthians 3:10-11 (New King James Version)
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 09:13:04 AM by armorbearer » Logged

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 08:49:10 AM »

I know some people would say that my muscular dystrophy is because of lack of faith or a sin. Kenneth copeland is one of these.
I used to get a kids magazine from them. In one issue, there was a story about a person sick in a hospital. I didn't read it because Dad had read it and threw it out. He said it said that it was that person's fault that they were sick. Dad didn't want me to think it is my fault I have muscular dystrophy.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the