Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:25:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  How does Christianity differ from other religions?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How does Christianity differ from other religions?  (Read 19193 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2008, 12:50:32 PM »

"blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed"

Where is Faith if it's built on the sand?
Where is faith if we must first see?
Where is faith if it must be proven?
Where is faith if there must "evidence"?

Heb 11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Every good thing waned in the church but it wasn't God's will.

...   that we don't take what is freely given to us.

God's will is always done in His time and in His way. His power, His will in the church did not wane at any time. Yes, many fell away from the truth and are doing so today. Many are requiring signs and demanding God to do things. This is the theology of the "name-it-and-claim-it" group that I prefer to call "blab-it-and-grab-it". God is not one that we can demand anything of. We ask in all humility and count our blessings whether His answer is yes or no.

Jesus was moved always with compassion healing the sick, the same Jesus is in you pastor Roger and He wants to reach out to the sick in your church and heal them but He have no hands to lay on them but your hands and no mouth to speak the word of healing but your mouth.

This is where you are definitely wrong. Jesus does not need our hands and our mouths. Yes, He can definitely use them to fulfill His will but He does not need them. He has His own hands and His own mouth and He can and does use them still to fulfill His will.

"Lord I will follow you anywhere." 

Amen, without requirements, without demanding anything, without any strings attached. I am yours dear Lord to use as you will, whether you heal me of my physical afflictions or not, I am still yours. I give of myself freely. This is what He wants and what we should be doing and saying.

God told us that there would be a falling away in the end times and this is exactly what we are seeing with so many false gospels arising.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Marios Pontos

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2008, 03:18:59 PM »

Pastor Roger
The Lord commissioned the church to preach the gospel, and He empower His church by His Spirit  to do it. Jesus said "Go YOU into the world and preach the gospel..." . Paul says....how then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed?and how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard?and how shall they hear WITHOUT A PREACHER? Pastor Roger, do you think Paul was definitely wrong? because he didn't say, God may use a preacher but actually doesn't need him because He has His mouth and He does the preaching fulfilling the great commission.
As for the other things you are saying base on some of my phrases,I have to say this,your not only using what I wrote out of context but out even from a sentence,by this way somebody can say that the Bible declares there is no God!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2008, 03:40:57 PM »

This is not what I was talking about and you know it. Yes, God does give us all the commission to teach his Gospel. What I was referring to was in regards to the physical healing that we have been discussing since you first posted here. Unfortunately you connect physical healing with the Gospel and you seem to have a strong desire to preach it as the gospel.

I will reiterate this once more. The health and wealth gospel is a seductive teaching because it proclaims that not only does God want to bless you in the future (Revelation 21:1ff.), he wants to bless you right now with the best health and the best things money can buy. These perversions of the gospel are illustrated by such statements as, “If you are truly a disciple of Jesus, he will give you what you want. . . . If you are sick, it is because you are outside of God’s will.” The wealth gospel worships materialism, and the health gospel’s idol is the human body.

The health and wealth gospel devalues the TRUE message of the Gospel which is the grace of God demonstrated in Christ Jesus for the forgiveness of sins. When we add physical healing, material prosperity, and personal success to the call of taking up your cross and following Him, we devalue and confuse the REAL message. We invent another gospel.

Paul didn't take the soft approach when confronted by false teaching and neither will I. This is a false gospel that you are teaching and it will not be tolerated here on this forum. It has been shown to you through scripture that even the Apostles suffered many ailments of the flesh and God would not heal them and that it was not due to a lack of faith yet you continue in your false teachings. This is against forum rules and will not be tolerated any longer.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2008, 02:56:23 AM »

1 Corinthians 13:8-13 NASB  Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.  9  For we know in part and we prophesy in part;  10  but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.  11  When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.  12  For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.  13  But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Brothers and Sisters,

The miracle SIGN GIFTS have ceased. They were used by GOD for a specific purpose at a specific time. The purpose was to encourage people to believe the NEW information they were being given. YES - it was NEW information for everyone - the Jews and the Gentiles. JESUS CHRIST being GOD was a NEW revelation for the Jews, and the Jews do require a SIGN. Multitudes were witnesses to SIGNS and MIRACLES during the ministry of CHRIST. CHRIST then died on the CROSS by crucifixion, but HE arose from the dead. This was the GREATEST sign and miracle of all TIME, and it was the ONLY PERFECT AND HOLY SACRIFICE IN HISTORY. In fact, this is the most written about event in HISTORY. For hosts, it is the most PRECIOUS event in HISTORY. As Christians, this is something we give THANKS for every day. We have PEACE WITH GOD, and our sins have been washed away. As Christians, we are seen IN CHRIST and have righteousness ONLY BECAUSE WE ARE IN CHRIST AND SEEN IN CHRIST. GOD THE FATHER is well-please with the PERFECT SACRIFICE OF HIS SON, SO HE IS ALSO PLEASED WITH THOSE IN CHRIST!

The "PERFECT" is the completed CANON OF THE NEW TESTAMENT. When the last book was added, it was PERFECT. It IS GOD'S WORD AND WILL ENDURE FOREVER. The miracle SIGN GIFTS bestowed on man for the purpose of aiding the belief of the GOSPEL has CEASED! GOD still does as HE Pleases in Heaven and on Earth, but men DON'T! Men can pray and GOD can answer if it's HIS WILL! All of mankind has been given GOD'S WORD! GOD'S WORD IS COMPLETE, PERFECT, HOLY, AND WILL ENDURE FOREVER! As Christians, living or dead, we have NOT been given our glorified BODY yet. SO, even the strongest and most faithful Christians are going to get sick and eventually die in this short life. GOD DID NOT Promise Christians health or wealth for this short life. This should be obvious with 2,000 years of evidence to prove this statement. As Christians, this world is NOT OUR HOME. Our Citizenship is in Heaven, and this is why GOD tells us not to love this world or the things in it. This world is evil, and the love of material THINGS is evil. As Christians, we should give THANKS for bare necessities in this short life. GOD did NOT Promise us anything easy in this short life. In fact, GOD Promised the Opposite. Many of the most FAITHFUL Christians in history were persecuted, beaten, imprisoned, and killed in brutal ways, and this continues TODAY! We should consider it an honor and privilege to suffer anything in the NAME OF CHRIST! We are Children of the KING OF KINGS - our HOME, citizenship, and Inheritance is in Heaven.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:7-21 NASB  But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.  8  More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ,  9  and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,  10  that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;  11  in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.  12  Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.  13  Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,  14  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.  15  Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you;  16  however, let us keep living by that same  standard to which we have attained.  17  Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us.  18  For many walk, of whom I often told you, and now tell you even weeping, that they are enemies of the cross of Christ,  19  whose end is destruction, whose god is their appetite, and whose glory is in their shame, who set their minds on earthly things.  20  For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;  21  who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2008, 09:14:58 AM »

Amen BEP  and Amen Roger.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Marios Pontos

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2008, 11:57:13 AM »

Pastor Roger
I thought that I was welcome even if  we don,t agree,as long we can discuss anything in love and respect to each
other. Please if anything I write must be in agreement with you, erase me from the forum. 
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2008, 12:12:39 PM »

You are welcome here however there is no pulpit here for the teaching of a false gospel. For that reason the posting of any false gospel is not allowed. The gospel is simple, so simple that a child can understand it. When a person adds, changes or detracts from it then it becomes a false gospel and as it has already been said this will not be allowed. This is not debatable either. The subject is closed.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2008, 11:30:48 PM »

I especially don't like it when people claim disabilities are because of lack of faith. I was hurt when I heard it on tv.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2008, 11:58:20 PM »

Brother David, please don't let the ignorance of others hurt you in that manner. It is their error and not yours.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2008, 12:54:13 AM »

I especially don't like it when people claim disabilities are because of lack of faith. I was hurt when I heard it on tv.

Hello Brother David,

I agree 100% with what Pastor Roger has already told you, and I hope you already know the TRUTH. I feel almost certain that you do know the TRUTH.

The people who teach and preach the false health and wealth so-called gospel will ALL eventually get sick, and all of them will also die. It's very sad that some people CONFUSE a specific and limited time that GOD used his messengers with the rest of all recorded history. GOD explained in the Holy Bible what HE did, when HE did it, why HE did it, and when HE ended it. GOD does as HE pleases in Heaven and on Earth, but men don't. It is MOST OBVIOUS that men don't do what they want to, AND men don't have any supernatural power unless it comes from the devil. As Christians, we have THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD living in our hearts. We all should know that GOD is ALL-POWERFUL, and HE can do whatever HE wants to. The Bible teaches us about GOD'S Will, and GOD'S Will is the most important fact for Christians to consider in this day and age. We can pray for things, but we should know that GOD won't give them to us unless it's HIS Will. We should also know that GOD'S Will for us will always be the best for us in this short life. This is hard, especially for the lost, to understand. In fact, no man understands fully the Will, Power, Purpose, and Majesty of ALMIGHTY GOD! We are just men, so how could we know ALL of these things about the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE? GOD told us what HE wants us to know in HIS WORD - the Holy Bible. This is why we should be reading and studying the Holy Bible every day. We should begin our Bible Studies with prayer - asking that the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD helps us to understand what we study in the Bible. Any Christian who is serious about wanting to study the Holy Bible will form this habit and keep this habit until the end of their days. Visualize an elderly pastor who has spent much of his life in studying GOD'S WORD. He will still be praying for GOD'S Help before his studies. WHY? The greatest TRUTHS of the Holy Bible are SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED. The lost don't have the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD living in their hearts, so they won't understand many parts of the Bible. In fact, many of the lost make fun of and mock GOD'S WORD. The "DEPTH OF THE RICHES" is impossible for men to define when we're talking about GOD'S WORD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 3:14-19 NASB  For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

Romans 11:33 NASB  Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2008, 04:40:36 AM »

Amen! I do know

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the