Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 03:35:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286958 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171338 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: August 30, 2008, 09:14:26 AM »

"No one has said from the Obama campaign, 'Ed Martin from the American Issues Project, your facts are wrong, this isn't true.' And maybe there are worse parts of this story that we're not hearing yet. So, it's a very strange response from the Obama campaign, but I'm very grateful because it's created an incredible amount of interest across the country, and that was our goal from the beginning."

Martin established the American Issues Project with Ed Feilor, Jr., executive vice president for Iowans for Tax Relief, to push back against what they say are heavily funded attempts by special interests to control the public conversation.

"It came from a lot of reaction from myself and other conservatives talking about what was going on, and our own fear that people are not being able to understand or pay attention to what Sen. Obama really has done in his life," Martin explained.

"Sen. Obama literally has hundreds of millions of dollars that he will spend along with the unions and other left-wing groups that have said they're going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars. And in the midst of all that, me and some of my colleagues said, 'Wait! There are some things that are not being discussed! They don't appear to be discussed in the mainstream press, they don't appear to be noticed. Let's get together and try to get these issues out there.' And one of them is this friendship mentor relationship with an admitted terrorist," he said.

"We recognized as conservative activists that there was a coming-together of some really powerful forces that were going to dominate and will dominate the discourse." Martin pointed to Planned Parenthood, labor unions, MoveOn.org, and ACORN as groups that have publicly said they will spend hundreds of millions of dollars in this election to put their issues out there. Labor groups have pledged $300 million for ad campaigns and get-out-the-vote efforts between now and November. Planned Parenthood and NARAL together will spend over $20 million," he said.

"Barack Obama has decided to bypass public financing, therefore he will have hundreds of millions of dollars and access from donors. So the sky is the limit at this point," Martin said.

"What we're saying is, 'Hey, we think that there's room for a few million dollars to put out some conservative ideas, and I believe one of the reasons the Left thinks we're coordinated so often is that frankly, the Left is coordinated. And they do a better job of getting on the same page and using each other to promote one effort to move things forward. So that's really one of the reasons we decided we had to do this."

AIP is designated a 501(c)4 under IRS rules, and is required to disclose its donors when making direct expenditures like the TV ads. Texas billionaire Harold Simmons is underwriting a large portion of the $2.8 million ad buy.

"These major campaigns are very expensive," Martin said. "Harold Simmons is someone who is so wealthy that he gives a lot of money to a lot of causes, philanthropic, charitable and others. He is someone that has seen the effectiveness of bringing up some of the issues of the past, and was interested in doing that again. A large chunk of our money and time will be spent on issue advocacy, and a smaller portion on this direct advocacy work that we're doing now. Mr. Simmons has been very generous and so have so many others, and we're very grateful.

"We accept contributions from individuals only, not corporations, Martin explained. "We're up front, we disclose who gives to us as we're required to by the FEC."

The Obama campaign's response to the TV ad triggered more reaction in the press than the ad initially did, resulting in even greater exposure than originally anticipated, despite the refusal of two cable news networks to air it.

"We're running the ad in a lot of the battleground states. We actually went to two of the national stations – CNN and FOX to run the ad and both refused. Now, we didn't get a straight answer why, but it seemed like they were disinclined to run it during the conventions, although I can't say we got a straight answer. But it's running in all those local stations that run Fox and CNN in the local buys.

"A lot of the press wanted to look the other way which is frankly, what the media has done on a lot of issues for a long time. But the Obama response, which was threatening Department of Justice action and boycotts, caused people to sort of say 'Well, now it's news. The fight is news. Let's cover it.'

"I love America and I love these moments," Martin reflected. "We're very pleased that Sen. Obama has overreacted and gotten a little hysterical about the charges, because we think this will get a lot of attention on the issue and we'll be able to talk a lot about who William Ayers is and why Sen. Obama thinks its OK to spend time and work with the guy who's an admitted terrorist.

He said Obama could calm the issue down quickly, if he chose.

"He could say, 'I was young. I hung out with a guy who was my mentor. Then I realized he was wrong and I walked away. But he didn't walk away, or he hasn't answered that, so we're going to find out."

"And there are more things to come, I suspect," he said.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 01, 2008, 03:23:21 PM »

Gazan phone squad champions Obama
By FELICE FRIEDSON/THE MEDIA LINE NEWS AGENCY
Sept 1, 2008

"Hello, I'm calling from Gaza. I want some of your time. We are supporting Barack Obama..."

Group phones random numbers in US, urging vote for Obama (The Media Line).
For the past seven months, a group of 24 students and young professionals have gathered in the Gaza Strip nightly to phone random telephone numbers in the United States, urging the voices at the other end to "vote for Barack Obama."

Although only American citizens can actually cast a ballot in the election, this Gaza-based effort is a forceful demonstration of how Internet technology opens the door for anyone, anywhere to take an active role in US politics. Even if they have never even been to the USA.

Far from utilizing a state-ofthe art call-center of the sort that have become a mainstay of American political marketing, the Gaza callers are amateur volunteers who meet in a local Internet café or in a stark room at a local youth center equipped with little more than desks, chairs and outlets for the personal computers through which they will make their calls. That - and the desire to see Barack Obama become president of the United States.

The bare-bones décor belies the fervor with which the callers go about their task. Organized and led by Ibrahim Abu Jayyeb, a 23-year old student of media at Al Aqsa University, the group's effort has taken on the flavor of a wellorganized campaign - complete with title: "All This for Peace."

Ibrahim is a self-described political junkie who says he has been following events closely and hopes that Obama will win the presidency. He says he finds the Illinois senator "the kind of person who, when he says 'I will change America,' will do what he says."

Ibrahim relies on his colleagues and friends to make the actual phone calls because he feels his own command of English is not up to the task. His knowledge of technology, however, very much is. Utilizing Voip (voice over internet protocol) and Skype, Ibrahim has crafted a system of politicking that runs at almost no cost in dollars (or shekels), but requires a great deal of patience and persistence. According to Ibrahim, 19 out every 20 calls his group makes ends with an unceremonious "hang-up."

Ibrahim told The Media Line that during the past seven months his group had reached between 5,000 and 6,000 Americans.

If his assertion of 1-out-of-20 completed calls is accurate, 120,000 calls have been placed. Asked how he could weather such mass rejection, he replied, "It's worth it."

When pressed about how a politician five thousand miles away who was relatively unknown to his own constituency before the campaign began is able to evoke such monumental dedication among people who can't even vote in the election, Ibrahim replies simply that, "I believe that Barack Obama will achieve peace in the area, in the Middle East and Palestine, between us, the Palestinian people, and the Jewish people."

Without exception, the Gaza phone-callers insisted that their efforts were "independent, without ties to any organization or government."

Ibrahim insists that "Barack Obama is definitely not a Muslim. It had never even crossed my mind to support him because of his Muslim background - which I doubt even exists."

The callers said the Obama campaign has never contacted them, and they have not contacted the Obama organization. Sources in the Obama campaign confirmed to The Media Line that the group is unknown to them and that "no such group has been authorized to solicit on behalf of the campaign."

Adv. Sheldon Schorer, who is counsel to Democrats Abroad, Israel, said, "The fact that Obama is acceptable to people on both the Israeli and Palestinian sides should be seen as a positive sign to vote for him. I think that's good."

Schorer stressed that he was speaking as an individual Democrat because he is not authorized to speak on behalf of the Obama campaign.

Moatz Twael, a Gaza pharmacist who makes phone calls with Ibrahim's group says that although he had never visited America, he had "visited Israel many times before 2001," and harbors no optimism on reconciliation between the two sides in the conflict.

"Some people don't believe in peace," Twael contends. "But these are the same people who are preventing it."

He says that listening to Obama persuaded him to encourage Americans to vote for the Senator. "He's a good man to achieve the goal [of bringing peace between Israelis and Palestinians]."

Like all of Ibrahim's telephone volunteers, Moatz claims no affiliation with any Palestinian faction in Gaza. "We don't want to live in war, in siege. Many want peace," he said. "I think people in the world don't understand Gaza very well. They think that all the people here are terrorists; not educated. We want to persuade them that we can live like any other people in the world."

Twael claims that listening to English channels and watching American films is the basis of his love of the English language. It's also the reason that he is involved in Ibrahim's campaign to enlist voter support for Senator Obama. "From television and film, I learned to love democratic life," he said

Despite Twael's own involvement with American culture and democracy, he doubts there are many others like him who are able or inclined to become involved in the American campaign on either side. When asked whether there are Gazans who would do the same for Republican John McCain, Twael was quick to reply that, "If Gazans don't know about Barack Obama - and most Gazans don't know - how would they know about McCain?"

Asked whether he believed race was an issue in the American campaign, Twael was upfront about what attracted him to Obama. "He's black. And he's better than [President George W.] Bush."

Ibrahim also sees a historic imperative inherent in American politics. He said, "Historically, it was the Democrats who achieved peace between [Palestinians] and the Israelis," citing the Oslo Accords as his proof.

Despite the group's exercise in democracy, the specter of Hamas - which the US considers to be a terrorist organization and which rules the Gaza Strip with an iron fist - hangs over the callers' activities.

Asked whether he worries that Hamas might put a stop to his efforts on behalf of Obama, Ibrahim replied, "Personally, I fear some about this."

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 02, 2008, 02:37:45 AM »

UM? - I wonder if we're smart enough to figure out the significance of this and countless other things going on as we speak. I would think that just a limited amount of common sense would be more than enough, BUT it's obvious this isn't the case for some reason. Tons of folks are being deceived as if they have NO sight, hearing, or perception of any kind. I'm being completely SERIOUS, and this makes me very sad. I don't claim to have anything except a little bit of common sense AND JESUS CHRIST AS MY SAVIOUR! I can't see very well either, but I can see Obama for what he is. SO, why are there hosts of Obama followers - even from the other side of the world? I really don't have a clue, but I'm beginning to think it has something to do with supernatural EVIL! Do you have a better answer?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 02, 2008, 11:14:04 AM »

I really don't have a clue, but I'm beginning to think it has something to do with supernatural EVIL! Do you have a better answer?

I don't think that there is another answer.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 02, 2008, 11:49:55 AM »

Good Morning Pastor Roger and All!

I was hoping I wasn't alone in having this thought go through my mind over and over again. We are living in wild, unpredictable, and evil times. It's fascinating from the standpoint of looking at Bible Prophecy.

Unlimited time has never been a luxury for the lost, but the final time may be running out as we speak.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Christian Quotes 47 - We can disobey God if we choose, and it will
bring immediate relief to the situation but we shall be a grief to our
Lord. Whereas if we obey God, He will look after those who have been
pressed into the consequences of our obedience. We have simply to obey
and to leave all consequences with Him. Beware of the inclination to
dictate to God as to what you will allow to happen if you obey Him. --
Oswald Chambers - (My Utmost for His Highest)

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 02, 2008, 01:11:44 PM »

I feel sure of it, brother. This is not about Obama, Osama, Bush, McCain or any other politician we can name. All of these are simply pawns in a much bIgger picture. Yes, some of these are in fact promoting evil but there is an evil much greater than they that is coming and it is coming swiftly. Praise God, He is also coming to deal with that evil once and for all and when Jesus returns to claim His own it will be too late for those that are still here and have not accepted Him as Lord and Saviour. NOW IS THE TIME, NOW IS THE PLACE TO COME TO JESUS CHRIST FOR THERE IS NO SALVATION FROM ANY OTHER!

IF THERE ANY READING THIS TODAY THAT HAVE NOT COME TO JESUS CHRIST THIS VERY MOMENT IS THE TIME TO DO SO. TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR ALL. IT MAY BE RUNNING OUT FOR YOU THIS VERY MOMENT. THIS IS NOT JUST SOME CRAZY CONSPIRACY. IT IS NOT JUST A SCARE TACTIC. IT IS A FACT! THE BIBLE WRITTEN SO MANY YEARS AGO SHOWED US THESE THINGS ARE COMING AND WE ARE INDEED SEEING THEM COME TRUE ALL AROUND US.

IF YOU HAVEN'T ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOUR TAKE A MOMENT TO DO SO NOW. IT ISN'T DIFFICULT, THERE IS NOTHING HARD ABOUT IT.

Rom 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the
power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew
first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith
to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Salvation, salvation from death under the law by God's perfect grace.

Rom 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh
after God.
Rom 3:12  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become
unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Rom 5:12  Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and
death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have
sinned:

Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is
eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all
ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in
unrighteousness;

Rom 3:20  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be
justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom 3:27  Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of
works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Rom 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be
saved from wrath through him.

Rom 2:4  Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance
and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee
to repentance?

Rom 3:22  Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus
Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no
difference:

Rom 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith
without the deeds of the law.

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the
dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 4:21  And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was
able also to perform.

Rom 4:24  But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe
on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Rom 5:1  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God
through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Rom 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and
with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 02, 2008, 01:32:22 PM »

AMEN!

For Christians, the lost should be a matter of prayer every day we have left in this short life. We already have the Promise of GOD that HIS WORD will never return void, and we also know that many are still accepting CHRIST as LORD and SAVIOUR. GOD'S GOOD NEWS is still the most powerful and precious message on earth. There is room at the foot of the CROSS for all who want to come.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB  I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,  19  and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might  20  which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,  21  far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.  22  And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church,  23  which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Ephesians 2:8-10 NASB  For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;  9  not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.  10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 02, 2008, 02:29:22 PM »

Radical Liberals Threaten Race Wars if McCain Wins

The Drudge Report headline reads - “Philadelphia Columnist Warns: ‘If McCain wins, look for full-fledged race war’…” Oh yeah… That’s the way to put forth your candidate. Threaten a race war. That is a terrorist tactic if I’ve ever heard one. Threaten something bad if you don’t get your wish.

We also must consider the source of this warning. It comes from a columnist from the Philadelphia Daily News named Fatimah Ali. Hmmm… That doesn’t sound Arab does it?

Should we expect anything less from the radical left than threats of violence if they aren’t put into power. Just look at the events yesterday in St. Paul. Anarchists and anti-war protesters get violent in the streets. Trash bins knocked over and set on fire. Car and business windows smashed.

It seems to me that if the African-American community fails to accept the loss of Barack Hussein Obama in a civil manner, then perhaps this nation is not ready for an African-American as President. Threats cannot determine the outcome of this election. For if they do the nation cannot survive.

Fatimah Ali: We need Obama, not 4 more years of George Bush

AMERICA is on the brink of a long, harsh and bitterly cold winter, with a looming recession that the GOP won't even admit to.

The policies of the current White House have brutalized our economy, yet the wealthiest think that everything is fine.

Rich Republicans just don't understand that millions are suffering. But many of their working class do, and they're beginning to abandon their own party.

When lifelong Republican Barney Smith told the Democratic convention that he'd vote for Barack Obama for president, he gave pause to even the most conservative members of his party.

Smith, like many disgruntled working-class Republicans, is ready to turn his back on his party because he's having such a hard time providing for his family. Like others, Smith fell victim to the loss of 3.2 million American jobs as factories closed or their work was outsourced to cheap labor markets overseas.

Poet Langston Hughes once wrote, "Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly, Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams go, life is a barren field, frozen with snow."

Many wealthy folks live in a dream state and ignore people like Smith, whose tale of personal woe preceded Obama's acceptance speech.

He opposes John McCain because, he says, America can't afford another four years of failed GOP policies that have extended $200 billion in tax cuts to big corporations but not to the nation's 100 million families.

Our national debt has soared from $5.6 trillion to $9.6 trillion under Bush. The Republicans have overstayed their welcome and dragged us into a nightmare that must end soon, or this nation may be headed for chaos.

Obama tugged on the nation's heartstrings when he challenged McCain's tough talk and told the truth about the current policies.

Critics of the GOP believe that a four-year extension of the Bush administration will be disastrous. People are struggling, and the privileged are so out of touch they pretend it's OK that children go hungry.

Over the last eight years, we've lost 3.2 million jobs, and started a war that's cost trillions. The lies and deceit that got us into Iraq in the first place are just the tip of the iceberg and have ruined America's reputation across the globe.

Meanwhile, our economy continues to crumble, while crime, homelessness and poverty continue to soar.

Despite the fact that thousands of immigrants risk their safety to come here because this country may offer them better opportunities, the truth is that poverty lives right here in our own backyard.

Suffering is widespread as the gap between rich and poor widens. The Bush administration doesn't get it and neither does McCain. He is so out of touch that he hasn't a clue how many homes he owns, while the working class struggles to hold on to one.

The Democrats desperately need many more voters like Smith to cross party lines in order to secure the White House. Obama says electing him to the nation's highest office will not only help restore America's moral standing globally, but will lift the nation's low morale and improve our declining economy.

He promises to cut taxes for 95 percent of American workers and ease the burden for millions of families. And I believe him, although his critics say he's out of touch with the working class and blast him for not having a lineage that includes slavery.

But just because his ancestors never wore shackles, and he has paid off the student loans from his elite education doesn't mean he doesn't have compassion. Or that he doesn't understand the pain of those who live in dire poverty, who've lost their homes, who want yet can't afford college, and who lack health insurance.

His acceptance speech indicated that, unlike McCain, Obama gets it because hard times aren't so far behind him that his memory's been erased.

If McCain wins, look for a full-fledged race and class war, fueled by a deflated and depressed country, soaring crime, homelessness - and hopelessness!

Plenty of Americans would rather stay in their dream state than to recognize the poverty sweeping across the country, right here, right now.

Obama understands that people are suffering. Every week, prices go up at the supermarket, and people are unable to feed their families. It already is dark and stormy for millions, who can't even afford pencils, book bags and lunch money for their children.

But when Obama wins the White House, we may just see a revolution that can turn the tide and improve this nation for everyone, not just a select few.

And I expect him to keep his word.*

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 02, 2008, 03:02:27 PM »

Obama Explains National Anthem Stance

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.  According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171,  During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.  'As I've said before about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides,'  Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. 'I like th e song I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing. If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'

This is the first time I have seen this answer.  I already thought he was a light weight, but from  his own mouth he says, he doesn't want to take sides for the USA ?  How can he be President if he thinks of the American flag as a symbol of oppression and he can't respect our national anthem and what the words represent?  I do not believe that this radical liberal is in touch with the American people if he believes the American people would EVER consider changing the national anthem to his choice of 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing'  He apparently wants to salute a song but not the country's flag.  What an idiot.  This guy is a danger to all!! 
Everyone needs to see through his light airy tones and charismatic personality.
Maybe THIS is part of what he meant about change. 

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 02, 2008, 10:02:53 PM »

Obama Explains National Anthem Stance

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.  According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171,  During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.  'As I've said before about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides,'  Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. 'I like th e song I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing. If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'

This is the first time I have seen this answer.  I already thought he was a light weight, but from  his own mouth he says, he doesn't want to take sides for the USA ?  How can he be President if he thinks of the American flag as a symbol of oppression and he can't respect our national anthem and what the words represent?  I do not believe that this radical liberal is in touch with the American people if he believes the American people would EVER consider changing the national anthem to his choice of 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing'  He apparently wants to salute a song but not the country's flag.  What an idiot.  This guy is a danger to all!! 
Everyone needs to see through his light airy tones and charismatic personality.
Maybe THIS is part of what he meant about change. 

Hello Grammyluv,

Along with everything else, THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE FOR OBAMA! He doesn't even have basic respect and loyalty for the COUNTRY HE WANTS TO BE PRESIDENT OF! If he's proud of some other country or has loyalty to some other country, let him go home to wherever it might be.

There would never be any RESPECT for a "wannabe" Commander In Chief who couldn't show minimum respect for our Flag and our National Anthem. Why is this CLOWN even being considered? I don't have a clue.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 02, 2008, 10:18:51 PM »

Why is this CLOWN even being considered?

A few reasons:

Anti-Christians
Anti-Americans
Radical Terrorists

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #551 on: September 03, 2008, 02:12:36 AM »

I feel sure of it, brother. This is not about Obama, Osama, Bush, McCain or any other politician we can name. All of these are simply pawns in a much bIgger picture. Yes, some of these are in fact promoting evil but there is an evil much greater than they that is coming and it is coming swiftly. Praise God, He is also coming to deal with that evil once and for all and when Jesus returns to claim His own it will be too late for those that are still here and have not accepted Him as Lord and Saviour. NOW IS THE TIME, NOW IS THE PLACE TO COME TO JESUS CHRIST FOR THERE IS NO SALVATION FROM ANY OTHER!

IF THERE ANY READING THIS TODAY THAT HAVE NOT COME TO JESUS CHRIST THIS VERY MOMENT IS THE TIME TO DO SO. TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR ALL. IT MAY BE RUNNING OUT FOR YOU THIS VERY MOMENT. THIS IS NOT JUST SOME CRAZY CONSPIRACY. IT IS NOT JUST A SCARE TACTIC. IT IS A FACT! THE BIBLE WRITTEN SO MANY YEARS AGO SHOWED US THESE THINGS ARE COMING AND WE ARE INDEED SEEING THEM COME TRUE ALL AROUND US.

IF YOU HAVEN'T ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOUR TAKE A MOMENT TO DO SO NOW. IT ISN'T DIFFICULT, THERE IS NOTHING HARD ABOUT IT.

Rom 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the
power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew
first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith
to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Salvation, salvation from death under the law by God's perfect grace.

Rom 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh
after God.
Rom 3:12  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become
unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Rom 5:12  Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and
death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have
sinned:

Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is
eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all
ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in
unrighteousness;

Rom 3:20  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be
justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom 3:27  Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of
works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Rom 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be
saved from wrath through him.

Rom 2:4  Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance
and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee
to repentance?

Rom 3:22  Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus
Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no
difference:

Rom 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith
without the deeds of the law.

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the
dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 4:21  And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was
able also to perform.

Rom 4:24  But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe
on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Rom 5:1  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God
through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Rom 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and
with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

AMEN!!

One of the best things about giving your life to Christ as your savor is, it is free!!!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: September 04, 2008, 12:36:13 PM »

Obama clueless on abortion issue
Likely voters say they would reject 'president who does not know when life begins'
Posted: September 03, 2008
2:39 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Most voters and Catholics oppose a president who doesn't know when life begins and would reject legal recognition of same-sex marriage, according to a new poll.

The ATI-News/Zogby poll, commissioned for WND Books' latest release, "The Audacity of Deceit: Barack Obama's War on American Values," confirms a large number of voters take issue with Sen. Barack Obama's stance on abortion.

A nationwide study of 1,084 voters from Aug. 22 – 24 asked the following question:

Recently, Barack Obama was asked when he thought life begins, in reference to the issue of abortion. Obama responded by saying that decision was above his pay grade. Knowing that the next president may be able to appoint two or three U.S. Supreme Court Justices, who may be called to make rulings on the issue of abortion, do you support or oppose a president who does not know when life begins?

A full 55 percent of respondents said they would oppose such a president, while 28 percent said they would support him. Among voters who identified themselves as Catholic, 67 percent objected to having a leader with such views, and 19 percent said they would support him.

"It's sad that a man would run for president having considered the key questions that drive someone to become a Christian," said ATI-News president and "The Audacity of Deceit" author Brad O'Leary.

On the question of same-sex marriage, voters were asked, "Would you support or oppose a ballot measure in your state that stipulates only marriage between a man and a woman will be legally recognized?"

Approximately 58 percent of respondents said they would support a proposal to recognize only marriages between straight couples, while 36 percent of likely voters would reject it. Sixty percent of Catholic voters expressed support for such a measure, and 36 percent opposed one.

O'Leary said, "This bodes well for California and the people who are working on the ballot initiative in that state because our poll results show that 58 percent of the people nationally support such a ballot measure."

In "The Audacity of Deceit," author Brad O'Leary demonstrates how Obama's campaign promises on a number of issues would affect average Americans should the Democrat be elected president.

O'Leary, the former NBC Westwood One talk show host who has authored 11 books and penned political columns for USA Weekend that drew 90 million readers, looked at the potential consequences of an Obama administration and reached the following conclusions:

* Obama will be a radical on the abortion issue as signaled by his blocking of emergency medical aid for babies who survive abortion;
    * Obama will attempt to ban the use of firearms for defense by law-abiding citizens;
    * Obama will raise tax rates up to 60 percent;
    * Obama will push for health care reforms that will let government determine which procedures and operations senior citizens are allowed to have;
    * Obama will "transform the U.S. Treasury into the United Nations' ATM";
    * Obama will choke off America's domestic energy resources, sending gas, electricity and food prices through the roof;
    * Obama will raise the percentage of Americans who pay no taxes at all, from 30 percent to 40 percent – at the expense of those who do;
    * Obama will transfer child-rearing responsibility and authority from parents to the federal government with his "0 to 5" program.

In one chapter of "The Audacity of Deceit" called "The Barack Obama Test," O'Leary gathers results from America's top pollsters, including Zogby, Rasmussen, Gallup and CNN, demonstrating how Obama's positions on a broad array of issues are in stark contrast to the values held by the vast majority of Americans.

People can see the contrast for themselves at www.BarackObamaTest.com, where visitors can take a 39-question survey to see how closely their values line up with Obama's professed positions.

The book's website also allows anyone to download a free chapter of their choice from the book, including a chapter with exclusive Zogby polls – never before published and available nowhere else – that detail the differences in political views between the 70 percent of Americans who pay federal income taxes and the 30 percent who do not.

Through the poll results, O'Leary reveals for the first time who the non-taxpaying Americans are – detailing their income levels, education, marital status, and even religious practices – and who they plan to vote for.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 04, 2008, 11:40:50 PM »

Now we see the true nature of the left.

Sarah Palin made comments about herself and her experience that she felt qualified her to be a VP. Obama comes back and whines that McCain and Palin never mentioned him and his experience. He goes on to talk about his experience as a community organizer (after all that is all that he can talk about since he has never done anything in the Senate except vote "present" )

Now Daily Kos has posted in support of Obama's experience as a community organizer. The following is excerpts of it minus the degrading comments about McCain and Palin and the "plans" to attack them further:

Jesus Was a Community Organizer.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matt. 25:34-40

More proof that the left looks at Obama as their messiah.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 11:44:08 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: September 05, 2008, 12:08:27 AM »

More proof that the left looks at Obama as their messiah.

Is that a duck, or a screwball??

On a more serious note............... I heard on the radio today that demo-cats were calling Barry Obama-nation the messiah.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the