Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 05:41:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286958 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171402 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: August 22, 2008, 11:07:38 AM »

It is looking more and more like the democratic party has become it's own worst enemy with a major party split.

Is that cheers that I'm hearing?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 22, 2008, 01:54:31 PM »

May I suggesy, this guy......................

http://www.jamesgoulding.com/My%20Art/Cartoon,%20Goofy%201.jpg
The only thing wrong with Goofy is that he already overshadows Obama's accomplishments in life.

Grin Grin

Obama Sued on Grounds He is Constitutionally Ineligible. Obama Is a U.S. Citizen

Looks like all the blog speculation on fake birth certificates were in vain. Factcheck.Org:

Of course this isn’t going to end anything. Check this out. It isn’t just about whether he was born here, but whether multiple citizenships, updated birth certificates, etc. threaten his validity to even run.

Of course no media is reporting on this. This could get very interesting. Break out the popcorn and get ready for some more from the Hillary camp.

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 22, 2008, 08:04:42 PM »

I'll just use a little play on words:

There's WAY TOO MUCH WRONG TO BE RIGHT!

All they've done is generate more questions, and answers have not been provided for those questions. I'm now wondering what entity could be trusted and competent to complete the appropriate work and report the real truth. In my mind, it would have to involve law enforcement, document experts, and completely reliable sources of information. At this point, I'm not sure who could be bought and how high it might go. Sadly, this also includes law enforcement. BLUNTLY, there are lots of snakes loose in the grass. The appropriate paths that investigators would go down have probably already been paved. It would take completely honest and determined investigators to get at the truth. There are PLENTY of completely HONEST investigators, but who would choose them? There are also still PLENTY of HONEST people who can't be bought, but who would choose them? THIS REALLY NEEDS TO INVOLVE MULTIPLE CRIMINAL CHARGES WITH JURIES DECIDING THE ISSUES!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 23, 2008, 09:42:41 AM »

Obama's choice:
Sen. Joe Biden
Democratic candidate selects
veteran senator as running mate

The buzz over who Sen. Barack Obama would choose as his running mate ended today when  news leaked from sources in the campaign before the presumptive Democratic nominee announced to supporters via text message his selection of Sen. Joseph Biden of Delaware.

Biden, in his sixth Senate term, sought his party's presidential nomination this year but dropped out after the Iowa caucuses Jan. 3. He also ran for president in 1988 but withdrew after he was accused of plagiarizing a speech by then-British Labour Party leader Neil Kinnock.

Biden, chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, has been touted as a potential Obama running mate because of his foreign policy experience. But while Obama has made his opposition to the war in Iraq a central part of his campaign, Biden voted in October 2002 for the final resolution authorizing military action.

Biden's son, Joseph Robinette "Beau" Biden III – Delaware's attorney general – will be deployed in October to Iraq with his Army National Guard.

"I don't want him going," Biden told an Iowa state fair crowd a year ago. "But I don't want my grandsons or granddaughters going back in 15 years. So how we leave makes a big difference."

Prior to the announcement, Obama spelled out his three main requirements for a running mate. The VP nominee, he said, had to be prepared to be president, able to help him govern and willing to challenge his thinking.

Biden will join him in Illinois today for a massive rally to kick off a pre-convention tour of battleground states.

In an interview that aired this morning on "The Early Show" on CBS, Obama said, "Obviously, the most important question is: Is this person ready to be president? Can this person help me govern? Are they going to be an effective partner in creating the kind of economic opportunity here at home and guiding us through some dangerous waters internationally?"

Obama added he also wanted "somebody who is going to be able to challenge my thinking and not simply be a 'yes person' when it comes to policymaking."

Biden has a long history of making statements that have required him to explain and apologize.

Last year, when competing for the presidential nomination, he said Obama was "not yet ready" to be president. He was forced to apologize for describing Obama as "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," a statement that drew accusations of racial insensitivity.

While campaigning in New Hampshire, Biden, speaking to an Indian-American supporter, remarked "you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent."

Among the known finalists, along with Biden, were Sen. Evan Bayh of Indiana, Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine and Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius. Rep. Chet Edwards was mentioned today, but analysts saw it as a gesture to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who wanted Obama to seriously consider a Democratic Congress member.

The presumptive Republican nominee Sen. John McCain, meanwhile, has not decided on a running mate, according to GOP officials.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty are likely to be at the top of the list. Riskier picks, such as Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge and Sen. Joe Lieberman, also have been mentioned.

McCain is expected to make his announcement after the Democratic National Convention ends Thursday.

The Arizona senator plans pre-convention rallies in the swing states of Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

Biden is up for re-election to the Senate this year and, according to Delaware election law, can remain on the ballot and run for both seats. If he wins both seats, he can take the Senate oath and then resign. Gov. Ruth Ann Minner, a Democrat, would then appoint his replacement who would serve until 2010.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 23, 2008, 01:25:49 PM »

The laughs begin.

McCain Launches TV Ad Using Biden’s Words Against Obama

With the ink barely dried on the news Saturday morning that Barack Obama had chosen Joe Biden as his running mate, John McCain’s campaign released a TV ad using Biden’s own words against Obama.

In particular, the ad shows 2007 footage of an ABC debate with the Democratic presidential candidates in which Biden affirmed his belief that Obama is not ready to be president.

“You were asked, ‘Is he ready?’” the moderator, ABC’sGeorge Stephanopoulous, says to Biden. “You said, ‘I think he can be ready but right now, I don’t believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training,’”

“I think that I stand by the statement,” Biden responds, with Obama standing to his right on the stage.

The ad also shows Biden on a 2005 segment on “The Daily Show” saying, “I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off.”

The ad was the McCain campaign’s opening shot against the newly completed Democratic ticket, which was announced by the Obama campaign Saturday morning after the news was leaked to reporters. Biden and Obama — both senators, as is McCain — are scheduled to appear together at 2 p.m. CDT in Springfield, Ill., before heading to Denver for next week’s Democratic convention.

Biden is one of the most influential foreign policy voices in Congress, which could shore up Obama’s foreign policy credentials, Biden also is known for speaking his mind, something the McCain campaign is sure to capitalize on.

But McCain’s vice presidential pick could face similar scrutiny once the name is announced — likely on Friday, after the Democratic convention and before the Republican convention, which starts Sept. 1.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is one of the leading contenders for the spot on McCain’s ticket, and while he was still in the running for the Republican presidential nomination Romney got in his share of jabs at McCain, during debates and on the campaign trail.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 23, 2008, 03:15:35 PM »

Did Obama Just Lose The Election? Better yet, his mind or is this just now showing up his true colors ... RED.

It's lost in the Veep hype for now. Down the stretch that won't be the case. After he is softened up and a growing number of Americans are given reasons for concern over Obama's Leftism - there's this and some pertinent facts on China below.

"Their ports, their train systems, their airports are vastly superior to us now, which means if you are a corporation deciding where to do business you’re starting to think, “Beijing looks like a pretty good option. Why aren't we doing the same thing?”

Obama is either incredibly naive, terribly misinformed, a communist, just flat out dumb or all of the above to be caught on tape making a statement like that.

I can just imagine the voice over now. It wouldn't even require half of this( From The Economist print edition):

In all this activity it greatly helps to have a secretive planning bureaucracy and a government that brooks little dissent. In Britain it took as long to conduct a public inquiry into the proposed construction of Heathrow's Terminal Five as it took to build Beijing's new airport terminal from scratch.

There was no consultation with the public on the terminal. Nor was there any public debate about the construction of Beijing's third runway, notwithstanding the noise pollution already suffered by thousands of nearby residents.

Chinese official Xu Li said, Once a plan is made, it is executed. “Democracy”, she says, “sacrifices efficiency.”

For Beijing's airport expansion, 15 villages were flattened and 10,000 residents resettled. They were barred from unemployment benefits and other welfare privileges though their farmland had been grabbed. Officials threatened them with violence if they refused to leave.

The World Bank says that roads are sometimes built only to convert countryside into revenue-generating urban land. Combined with a lack of adequate public transport, Beijing's polluted air and congested streets, to which 1,000 cars are added daily, are evidence of the problem.

Chinese official Xu Li said, Once a plan is made, it is executed. “Democracy”, she says, “sacrifices efficiency.”

The government wants to build a new mag Lev train line. Residents along the route are fearful of noise and radiation from the trains.

Complaints still abound about the way things work. Highways—both expressways and other intercity roads—are studded with traffic-slowing toll booths. China reportedly has 70% of the world's tolled roads and its tolls are the highest in the world (using exchange rates adjusted according to currencies' purchasing power). To cut costs, lorries routinely overload. This helps to make the roads among the most dangerous in the world (89,000 deaths in 2006 by official reckoning; the actual number may be much higher). And it pushes up the cost of maintaining them.

In China, many laborers are lucky to make the equivalent of $8,000 a year. And for that they often work 16 hour days, seven days a week.

And Barack Obama wants America to be more like China? You are kidding me, right?

Well, it is change, I guess. But does Barack Obama really represent the kind of change that America wants? Or maybe he and some of his radical friends should simply move to Beijing.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #516 on: August 23, 2008, 06:42:38 PM »

Obama promoting homosexuality
Assessment outlines stark difference in leading candidates' positions
Posted: August 22, 2008
10:39 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama has a long and established record of promoting homosexuality in contrast to the presumptive GOP candidate, Sen. John McCain., according to a new report card issued by a pro-family organization in California.

The report card, which has been posted online, was produced by the Campaign for Children and Families, which said it isn't taking a position on the political candidates but wanted people to see the "unrepudiated positions" of the candidates on issues including homosexual "marriage," teaching homosexuality to school children and adoption by homosexuals.

"Let the record show that John McCain and Barack Obama are polar opposites on partial-birth abortion, parental notification of abortion, marriage protection on the ballot, homosexual indoctrination of schoolchildren, gay adoptions, gun-owner rights, activist judges, and raising taxes," said Randy Thomasson, president of Campaign for Children and Families. "No one should base their vote on personality or mere feelings. Our carefully researched report card shows you exactly where Obama and McCain stand on issues of importance to voters, their families, and our nation's future."

Obama in June told a homosexual activist group he opposes the "divisive and discriminatory efforts" to install in the California constitution a definition of marriage limiting that status to one man and one woman, the report card says.

His wife, Michelle, told the Democratic National Commmittee's "Gay" and Lesbian Leadership Council, "Barack has made crystal clear his commitment to ensuring full equality for LGBT couples … that's why he opposes all divisive and discriminatory constitutuional amendments, whether it's a proposed amendment to the California and Florida constitutions or the U.S. Constitution."

McCain has said he supports California's marriage amendment proposal, which voters put on the November ballot.

Obama also has supported teaching school children to think favorably about homosexuality, the report card said.

During a Democratic presidential debate at Dartmouth last year, former Sen. John Edwards, responding to a question, said he would want children exposed to positive portrayals of homosexuality in the second grade.

"You know, I feel very similar to John," Obama said. "That … you know, the fact is my nine-year-old and my six year olds, I think are already aware that there are same-sex couples. And my wife and I have already talked about it."

Meanwhile, McCain voted against federal funding for schools that promote homosexuality to school children.

On a third issue, Obama opposes a ban on adoptions based solely on sexual orientation, according to his response to a questionnaire from the Human Rights Campaign. He said in a letter to the Family Equality Council "we have to extend equal treatment in our family and adoption laws" to LGBT families.

McCain, who with his wife has an adopted daughter, said, "I don't believe in gay adoption."

The report card reveals additional opposite positions on allowing local governments to ban gun ownership, with Obama supporting a District of Columbia handgun ban that later was struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court. McCain has affirmed the 2nd Amendment "guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms. And to argue anything else is to reject the clear meaning of our founding fathers."

Obama also has affirmed he would select judges because of their "heart" and "empathy" as well as their ability to have a "broader vision of what America should be." McCain has stated his desire for candidates with "a proven commitment to judicial restraint."

On taxes, the report card said Obama will raise then, while McCain "has pledged to veto any tax increase and says he supports making existing tax cuts permanent."

The two remaining assessments involve abortion, an issue that has enveloped the Obama campaign in recent days as reports have confirmed his statements as a state lawmaker appeared to express concern about the "burden" of offering medical assistance to a baby who survives an abortion.

The report card said Obama has opposed government regulation of even partial-birth abortions, while McCain has sponsored a ban on the procedure he described as "odious." Obama also has opposed notifying parents before an abortion can be peformed on their minor daughters, while McCain co-sponsored legislation to prohibit taking minors across state lines to circumvent parental notification laws.

"The American people have come together to say that partial-birth abortion offends our national conscience, that taxpayers should not be forced to pay for elective abortions, and that states should be allowed to enact parental notification laws," McCain told the National Right to Life convention in July.

The CCF, a leading California-based organization representing children and families in California and America, says it stands for marriage and family, parental rights, the sanctity of human life, religious freedom and back-to-basics education. The group said it provided the report to document candidates' positions "that matter to families."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 24, 2008, 11:24:39 AM »

Biden on Haditha

In June 2006, straight-talking Joe Biden went on Meet the Press and demanded accountability from the administration for the so-called Haditha massacre. Biden spoke about the incident as if the accused marines were guilty (before a trial) and called on the administration to proceed — and to be treated — as if there were a cover-up at the highest levels of government.

Well, it turned out Biden was wrong about Haditha. Eight of the Marines charged for the “massacre” and “coverup” have already been exonerated. (One case is still pending.)

RUSSERT: Let me ask you a last question on Iraq about Haditha and some of the other alleged atrocities. The fact is, our government knew about that for some time. How high up the chain, based on your information, do you think this goes?

SEN. BIDEN: The secretary of defense.

MR. RUSSERT: And what should be done?

SEN. BIDEN: He should be gone. He shouldn’t be in his office tomorrow morning. But I’m so tired of saying this on your show. I’ve been saying this for two years.

MR. RUSSERT: Well, the president knew about it in March.

SEN. BIDEN: Well, we can’t get rid of the president. He’s there for two and a half more years. There is a system of accountability. The system of accountability is, it used to be a gentlemanly thing, as they say, when you make serious mistakes, you step forward and you acknowledge them and you walk away. Presidents can’t and shouldn’t do that. Secretaries of defense can and should.

Shouldn’t a veteran senator, supposedly renowned for his gravitas and understanding of the world stage, at the very least, caution us to wait for an investigation and trial of the Haditha Marines before jumping to a politically expedient conclusion?

So will Biden take his own advice and apologize to those eight marines?  Or perhaps walk away?

This definitely shows support for our Troops.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 25, 2008, 09:45:17 AM »

Obama disguising ties
to radical leftist group?
Organization convicted of voter fraud,
pushes 'authoritarian socialist' agenda

Did Sen. Barack Obama's campaign attempt to hide a paid working relationship with a radical leftist organization that has admitted to major financial improprieties and has been convicted in numerous major voter fraud scandals?

That question is being openly asked by the Republican National Committee after it was disclosed Obama's campaign paid more than $800,000 in services to Citizen Services Inc. (CSI), a nonprofit organization that is an offshoot of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN.

ACORN is the nation's largest community organization of low- and moderate-income families. It has held violent, disruptive protests, seeks to regulate banks, supports left-leaning education policies, is accused of working on urging partisan voter turnout for elections, and seems to promote driving businesses from cities.

CSI is headquartered in New Orleans in the same building as ACORN. The three directors of CSI are also top leaders of ACORN. The two groups have close financial ties.

The Obama campaign's payments to CSI – first reported by the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review – raise questions about the nature of Obama's current relationship with ACORN. Obama has been closely linked with the radical group and may have even helped drive large amount of money to the organization.

According to FEC records reviewed by the Tribune-Review, the Obama campaign paid CSI $832,598.29, from Feb. 25 to May 17, including $564,342.21 for "stage, lighting and sound."

That payment immediately stood out after a pro-Hillary Clinton blogger contacted CSI Director Sunday Alabi, who also serves as an ACORN leader. Alabi said CSI doesn't perform stage, lighting or sound services.

Also unusual was payment to CSI of $63,000 and $75,000 for advance work. Excluding the large payments to CSI, the average amount the Obama campaign spent on advance work paid to other organizations was  $558.82.

The Obama campaign on Friday announced it was amending its FEC filings to indicate it hired CSI for "get out the vote" projects instead of stage, lighting and sound.

FEC spokeswoman Mary Brandenberger told the Tribune-Review it is not unusual for campaigns to amend FEC reports, even in the case of large sums of money.

The RNC immediately pounced, accusing Obama of hiding a deeper relationship with ACORN:

"Barack Obama's failure to accurately report his campaign's financial records is an incredibly suspicious situation that appears to be an attempt to hide his campaign's interaction with a left-wing organization previously convicted of voter fraud. For a candidate who claims to be practicing 'new' politics, his FEC reports look an awful lot like the 'old-style' Chicago politics of yesterday," stated RNC Spokeswoman Blair Latoff.

Obama's camp fired back, accusing the RNC of "outlandish conspiracy theories" and pointing out Sen. John McCain was forced to return $50,000 "raised by a foreign national through a number of contributors who weren't even supporting McCain."

Group promoting Obama has history of major voter fraud

But the Obama campaign did not address the larger issues of the presidential candidate's ties to ACORN and why Obama would hire for a "get out the vote" drive a reported subsidiary of an organization whose leadership was convicted in multiple voter fraud cases.

WND calls to the Obama camp were not returned before press time.

Last July, ACORN settled what was described by the Washington Secretary of State as the "largest case of voter fraud in the state's history."  Government prosecutors had filed felony charges against seven ACORN workers, who ended up receiving jail time.

Senior Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Stephen Hobbs said in the case the workers had admitted filling out registration forms with names they found in phone books. The ACORN canvassers filled out the forms while sitting around a table at the downtown Seattle Public Library, Hobbs said.

ACORN was also investigated in 2006 for submitting false voter registrations in St. Louis. Nearly 1,500 fraudulent voter registrations were identified in the case, which was tied to at least one campaign, that of Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo. Four ACORN workers were indicted in the case.

Also in 2006, four part-time ACORN employees were indicted in Kansas City, Mo., for voter-registration fraud after being caught, fired and turned in by ACORN.

In January 2005, two Colorado ACORN workers were sentenced to community service for submitting false voter registrations.

In Ohio in 2004, four ACORN employees were indicted by a federal grand jury for submitting false voter-registration forms.

ACORN has been accused in multiple other voter fraud cases in other states. Some investigations are still pending.

Although the connections between ACORN and CSI are well documented, ACORN says it is not doing work on behalf of the Obama campaign, which may be accurate on the technicality that CSI, hired by Obama, is legally a different organization.

Asked about his group's relationship with CSI, ACORN spokesman Charles Jackson told WND, "We're an ally organization of CSI. We work with them on various projects. CSI is a different company altogether. Acorn is a community organization."

Jackson said ACORN "doesn't do work on behalf of Obama."

CSI executive vice president Jeff Robinson, an ACORN activist listed as a director for ACORN election campaigns, did not reply to a WND e-mail asking whether CSI is a nonprofit front for ACORN.

He told the Tribune-Review, "ACORN is a client of ours. ACORN has a lot of different partner organizations. We are a partner, but we are separate."

In a 2006 ACORN publication, Citizen Services Inc. is described as "ACORN's campaign services entity."

ACORN has been accused of financial improprieties.

The New York Times last month quoted ACORN officials admitting Dale Rathke, brother of ACORN founder Wade Rathke, embezzled nearly $1 million from ACORN and affiliated charitable organizations in 1999 and 2000. A small group of executives decided to keep the information from almost all of the group's board members and not to alert law enforcement, the Times reported.

ACORN is organized into more than 850 neighborhood chapters in over 100 cities across the United States, as well as in Argentina, Canada, Mexico and Peru. The organization was born out of the American Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s.

ACORN strongly lobbies for gun control, leftist education policies, and the regulation of banks, targeting the lending practices of major financial institutions it sees as "predatory." It has a strong anti-capitalism agenda.

National Review Online writer Stanley Kurtz, who conducted a thorough review of ACORN, wrote the organization's primary goals are "municipal 'living wage' laws targeting 'big-box' stores like Wal-Mart, rolling back welfare reform, and regulating banks – efforts styled as combating 'predatory lending.'"

Sol Stern of the City Journal, who also wrote an extensive piece on ACORN, stated the group's "radical agenda" occasionally broke through to "undisguised authoritarian socialism."

He wrote ACORN works to drive big businesses out of cities and force companies that want to move to obtain "exit visas."

Intrusive, radical protest tactics

ACORN protests have turned violent, at times as soon as the rallies began. Some protests disrupted Federal Reserve hearings and busted into closed city council meetings.

Stern noted that in 2003 that in Baltimore ACORN underlings piled garbage in front of City Hall to protest lack of services in poor neighborhoods, wielded huge inflated rubber sharks to disrupt a bankers' dinner, and even staged a profanity-laced protest in front of the home of the city's mayor, Martin O'Malley.

"They unloaded a busload of people shouting pretty ugly things and scared the daylights out of my wife and kids," O'Malley told the Baltimore Sun. "I thought it was a pretty cruddy thing to do."

cont'd

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 25, 2008, 09:46:35 AM »

Obama has deep ties to ACORN, including with Ayers

ACORN is very active in Obama's native Chicago, where in 1997, some 200 members attempted to storm a City Hall meeting, resulting in six members being arrested, including Madeleine Talbot, ACORN's Chicago director.

In the early 1990's during Obama's community organizing days, Kurtz notes Talbot invited Obama to help train ACORN activists, beginning what seems to be a long-term relationship between the presidential candidate and the radical group.

Obama and other Chicago attorneys won a 1995 suit on behalf of ACORN, forcing the state of Illinois to implement the federal "motor-voter" bill.

While Obama served on the board of the Woods Fund, a Chicago nonprofit, it channeled millions of dollars to ACORN and affiliated groups.

Obama was a director of the Woods Fund board from 1999 to Dec. 11, 2002, according to the Fund's website. According to tax filings, Obama received compensation of $6,000 per year for his service in 1999 and 2000.

He served on the Fund alongside William C. Ayers, an unrepentant member of the Weathermen terrorist group which sought to overthrow of the U.S. government and took responsibility for bombing the U.S. Capitol in 1971.

Obama actively sought and received the endorsement by ACORN for his local campaigns.

In the Social Policy Journal, Toni Foulkes, a Chicago ACORN leader, documents what he terms Obama's "long service" with ACORN, which he said led many of the organization's members to help in voter campaigns for Obama's early Chicago campaigns.

Foulkes said Obama and ACORN were "old friends."

As a state senator, Obama touted many of ACORN's lines.

Writes Kurtz: "Sure enough, a bit of digging into Obama's years in the Illinois State Senate indicates strong concern with Acorn's signature issues, as well as meetings with Acorn and the introduction by Obama of Acorn-friendly legislation on the living wage and banking practices."

ACORN endorsed Obama's presidential campaign, an endorsement touted on Obama's official website.

"What it came down to was that Senator Obama is the candidate who best understands and can affect change on the issues ACORN cares about like stopping foreclosures, enacting fair and comprehensive immigration reform, and building stronger and safer communities across America," said ACORN's Maude Hurd of the group's Obama endorsement.

Obama met numerous times in recent months with ACORN leaders.

Sam Graham-Felson, Obama's official website blogger, noted when Obama met with ACORN leaders in November, he reminded them of his history with ACORN and his beginnings in Illinois as a Project Vote organizer, a nonprofit focused on voter rights and education. Project Vote was connected to ACORN.

"I've been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career. Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work," Obama told ACORN members in November.

A little more about ACORN for those that have not followed them in the news.

ACORN is another George Soros funded organization. Soros used to fund these organizations directly but when it started becoming publicly known he stopped and is now funding many of these organizations through a secretive club called "Democracy Alliance".

ACORN has been accused of voter fraud in 13 states since 2004 and was convicted of falsifying signatures in a voter registration drive in July 2007, drawing a fine of $25,000 in Washington state.

It was just announced that ACORN is now under investigation for voter fraud in Milwaukee.

Milwaukee’s election chief on Wednesday turned 32 more voter registration workers in to the district attorney’s office for possible prosecution, saying they tried to submit falsified registration cards.

That brings to 39 the number of registration workers under scrutiny, and the number could grow, Election Commission Executive Director Sue Edman said. An organization warned the commission staff late Wednesday afternoon about some questionable cards in the latest batch collected by its workers, Edman said.

All of the workers targeted for investigation were paid employees of two liberal groups running voter registration drives, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) and the Community Voters Project.

In many cases, the groups have said they caught the fraud and fired the workers before handing the cards over to the commission. The groups also have said the problems represent a small fraction of the tens of thousands of cards collected by hundreds of workers.

But in a presidential election year, the incidents have revived partisan debate over Wisconsin’s voter registration rules, and over the question of whether requiring photo identification for voters would prevent fraud or suppress turnout.

Of the 32 ACORN workers referred Wednesday to Assistant District Attorney Bruce Landgraf, Edman said:

• Seventeen apparently filled out voter applications and then signed the cards themselves. That involved two to four cards in each case.

• Twelve submitted cards for individuals who later told ACORN they never filled out an application. That involved one card in each case.

• One submitted a card for a dead voter. That was the second such case; a Voters Project worker previously submitted a card for a deceased voter.

• One was apparently making up driver’s license numbers for an unknown number of voters.

• One submitted about a half-dozen applications for already-registered voters.

With Wednesday’s action, Edman has now referred 35 ACORN workers to Landgraf. She also has referred one worker from the Voters Project and one whose employer is unknown, and she plans to refer two more from the Voters Project.

But more workers from the Voters Project will come under scrutiny, because the group identified problems with a handful of the 7,500 cards it turned in Wednesday, Edman said.

Mayor Tom Barrett supports Edman’s efforts to aggressively investigate and seek prosecution for any vote fraud attempts, the mayor’s top aide said.

“Mayor Barrett believes the intentional abuse of Wisconsin voter registration laws is a slap in the face to voters and to all who support increasing voter participation in our democratic elections,” said Patrick Curley, Barrett’s chief of staff.

Common Council President Willie Hines Jr. said the kind of violations under scrutiny “just should never occur. You can’t undermine the democratic process for your own self-serving gain.”

Both ACORN and the Community Voters Project were paying their workers by the hour, to comply with a state law that forbids paying them by the number of voters signed up. ACORN has said it did not fire workers for signing up too few voters or offer bonuses for exceeding registration goals, but the Voters Project fired at least one worker for missing a quota.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 25, 2008, 11:32:34 AM »

There is so much scandal about this man.  I can't believe he is still allowed in the race for president.  At the least he should be prosecuted and deported.  I don't care if it ties up the court system for years, at least he won't be anywhere in AMERICAN government.
At the most, I'm with Hillary on one score........shoot him.

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: August 25, 2008, 11:15:56 PM »

Obama seeks to "Suppress freedom of speech and information"

Obama seeks to silence ad tying him to 60s radical

By JIM KUHNHENN, Associated Press Writer 2 hours, 23 minutes ago

DENVER - Barack Obama is striking back fiercely and swiftly to stamp out an ad that links him to a 1960s radical, eager to demonstrate a far more aggressive response to attacks than John Kerry did when faced with the 2004 "Swift Boat" campaign.

Obama not only aired a response ad to the spot linking him to William Ayers, but he sought to block stations the commercial by warning station managers and asking the Justice Department to intervene. The campaign also planned to compel advertisers to pressure stations that continue to air the anti-Obama commercial.

It's the type of going-for-the-jugular approach to politics many Democrats complain that Kerry lacked and that Republicans exploit.

Obama's target is an ad by the conservative American Issues Project, a nonprofit group that questions Obama's ties to Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground organization that took credit for a series of bombings, including nonfatal explosions at the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol four decades ago.

The lone financier of the anti-Obama ad, Texas billionaire Harold Simmons, was also one of the main funders of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth who targeted Kerry. Simmons, a McCain fundraiser, contributed nearly $2.9 million to the American Issues Project, according to documents filed by the group with the Federal Election Commission.

Fox News and CNN have declined to air the anti-Obama ad. But by Monday afternoon, the ad had run about 150 times in local markets in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia and Michigan, according to Evan Tracey, head of TNS Media Intelligence/Campaign Media Analysis Group, an ad tracking firm.

Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor said Obama supporters have inundated stations that are airing the ad, many of them owned by Sinclair Communications, with 93,000 e-mails. He called the ad false, despicable and outrageous.

"Other stations that follow Sinclair's lead should expect a similar response from people who don't want the political discourse cheapened with these false, negative attacks," Vietor said.

Sinclair offices were closed late Monday and officials there could not be immediately contacted.

"It seems they protest a bit too much," American Issues Project spokesman Christian Pinkston said. "They're going all of these routes — through threats, intimation — to try to thwart the First Amendment here because they don't have an argument on merit."

Ayers is now a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He and Obama live in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood and served together on the board of the Woods Fund, a Chicago-based charity that develops community groups to help the poor. Obama left the board in December 2002.

Obama also was the first chairman of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a school reform group of which Ayers was a founder. Ayers also held a meet-the-candidate event at his home for Obama when Obama first ran for office in the mid-1990s.

Obama has denounced Ayers' past activities.

"Barack Obama is friends with Ayers, defending him as, quote, 'Respectable' and 'Mainstream,'" the group's ad states. "Obama's political career was launched in Ayers' home. And the two served together on a left-wing board. Why would Barack Obama be friends with someone who bombed the Capitol and is proud of it? Do you know enough to elect Barack Obama?"

In a letter to station managers, Obama campaign lawyer Robert Bauer wrote: "Your station is committed to operating in the public interest, an objective that cannot be satisfied by accepting for compensation material of such malicious falsity."

Bauer also wrote to Deputy Assistant Attorney General John C. Keeney, noting that the ad is a "knowing and willful attempt to evade the strictures of federal election law."

The campaign's aggressive tactics could draw more attention to a subject the campaign wants to go away. On Tuesday, the University of Illinois at Chicago will make available records of Obama's service on the board of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. The group was set up to improve the city's schools. The documents could shed further light on whether Obama and Ayers had a relationship.

The American Issues Project is a 501(c)4 nonprofit corporation. It is permitted by law to air a political ad provided that the majority of its spending is nonpolitical. It cannot accept money from corporations and it must identify the donors that finance its ads in reports to the Federal Election Commission. Pinkston said the group has set aside money to carry out non-election related work to meet the legal requirements. It filed a report identifying Simmons as its sole donor for the ad last week.

In the Obama campaign's own response ad, an announcer states: "With all our problems, why is John McCain talking about the 60s, trying to link Barack Obama to radical Bill Ayers. McCain knows Obama denounced Ayers' crimes, committed when Obama was just 8 years old."

The McCain campaign cannot coordinate efforts with outside groups. But the campaign took advantage of being the target of the response ad.

"The fact that Barack Obama chose to launch his political career at the home of an unrepentant terrorist raises more questions about Senator Obama's judgment than any TV ad ever could," said McCain spokesman Brian Rogers.

Obama seeks to "Suppress freedom of speech and information"

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 25, 2008, 11:42:18 PM »

Yes, he denounced Ayers past activities but he hasn't denounced Ayers recent statements and activities. Obama still keeps a close relationship with someone that feels no guilt in committing terrorism against the United States, while we are at war with terrorism and in fact thinks he needs to do more! Obviously, your judgment and character lacks and this particular friendship you refuse to denounce is scary!

“The fact that Barack Obama chose to launch his political career at the home of an unrepentant terrorist raises more questions about Senator Obama’s judgment than any TV ad ever could. And the fact that he’s launching his own Convention by defending his long association with a man who says he didn’t bomb enough U.S. targets tells us more about Barack Obama than any of tonight’s speeches will.”
–McCain spokesman Brian Rogers

What does Obama and Osama have in common? They both have friends that bombed the Pentagon.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: August 25, 2008, 11:54:30 PM »

What does Obama and Osama have in common?

Take a look brother............ OBama OSama that is the only difference between Obama and Osama. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 26, 2008, 01:37:18 AM »

I just want to know one thing:

What will it take for folks to wake up! - and will they do anything if they do wak up? WE ARE WATCHING THE END OF THE RULE OF LAW, MORALS, JUSTICE, AND OUR WAY OF LIFE. CORRUPTION AND EVIL IS CAUSING THE COLLAPSE OF OUR SOCIETY! WHAT WILL BE LEFT WORTH LIVING IN IF WE ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN? EVIL IS OUT IN THE OPEN TAKING. EVIL KNOWS THAT WE SEE IT AND IS DARING US TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT! All Christians should be praying about this and STAND UP! If we get knocked down by the devil, we need to stand back up and keep standing! WE DON'T DO EASY DELIVERIES FOR THE DEVIL!

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the