Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 01:38:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286958 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171305 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: September 08, 2008, 02:14:01 PM »

Iranians Hoping for ‘Muslim’ Obama Victory

Iran’s leadership has expressed “great pleasure” at the prospect of a Barack Obama victory in November, according to Menashe Amir, the Iranian-born head of Radio Israel’s Persian language service.

But Iranian President Ahmadinejad has said he doubts that the American establishment “will allow” Obama to win.

“One of the Iranian religious leaders said if Obama will enter the White House, then Islam will conquer the heart of the American nation,” Amir told Isracast.com.

The Iranian leadership likes Obama “mainly because he is a Muslim,” according to Amir. His first name, Barack, comes from “al-baraq,” which is the name of the horse that Muslims believe Muhammad rode on his way to paradise.

His middle name Hussein is also a Muslim name, and he was “born in a Muslim family,” said Amir.

“If he wins the election, Muslims will be very proud of such a conquest, such a win.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 08, 2008, 03:17:26 PM »

Please God, save America from this Obama-nation.  Amen.

Let us fight the good fight!
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 08, 2008, 03:52:38 PM »

It is like that saying, "if you can't beat them, join them, then beat them."

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 08, 2008, 04:31:06 PM »

It is like that saying, "if you can't beat them, join them, then beat them."

That is the objective of the fifth column.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 08, 2008, 10:38:49 PM »

Miracle of miracles! One of the 60 states identified!

Remember the 60 states? He’s been to 57 states, with one left to go, and that doesn’t include Hawaii and Alaska. Well, Obama has finally identified one of them for us. I give you…

New Pennsylvania!

Transcript:

I see a steel worker for Obama here. You use a lot of steel when you make… put… put bridge together! And if people tell you that we can’t do it, you just remember that we are spending $10 billion a month in Iraq, when the Iraqis have $79 billion in surplus that they have parked in a New York bank account and are getting interest for. And I don’t think that makes much sense, I think we should spend some of that money right here in New Pennsylvania!

It should probably go without saying, but there is no city called New Pennsylvania. My first thought was, maybe that’s the city he’s speaking in. But no. He was in New Philadelphia, OH.

A really good foreign diplomat that is sure to insult someone from say New Iran. Oh wait a minute ... he has the names of those areas memorized correctly.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 09, 2008, 03:08:31 AM »

Obama Lawsuit Questioning Citizenship: Papers Served

Barack Obama (or his representative) was served (September 4th) at his Washington Senate office with official notification of a lawsuit questioning his citizenship.

The story of Philadelphia attorney, Philip Berg’s lawsuit against Senator Barack Obama’s citizenship, also naming the Federal Election Commission (FEC) and the Democrat National Convention (DNC), made it into the Washington Times. Still nothing from the NYT, LA Times, Washington Post, or Chicago Tribune.

The Washington Times - August 28, 2008

The suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia last week, also names the Democratic National Committee and the Federal Election Commission and says Mr. Obama´s mother went to Kenya late in her pregnancy and ended up giving birth there. It also claims that later in life, Mr. Obama declared himself a citizen of Indonesia.

Here’s the latest update from the intrepid Jeff Schreiber, who made phone calls to Obama’s Senate office and his campaign headquarters, where the Obama staffer refused to give his name and scoffed at the viability of the Washington Times:

From Jeff Schreiber America’s Right
September 5, 2008

Illinois Sen. Barack Obama was served with papers yesterday connected with the lawsuit filed more than two weeks ago in federal court in Philadelphia questioning his constitutional eligibility for the American presidency. Service was made at his Washington, D.C. Senate office at approximately 1:00 p.m.

From a press release provided by filing attorney Philip Berg and available on his Web site:

Philip J. Berg, Esquire, the Attorney who filed suit against Barack H. Obama challenging Senator Obama’s eligibility to serve as President of the United States, has received confirmation from his Process Service Company that the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Senator Barack Obama were served today, September 4, 2008, with the legal documents pertaining to Berg vs. Obama, Civil Action No. 08-cv-4083. The DNC was served at 12:00 p.m. and Senator Obama was served at 1:00 p.m. The U.S. Attorney’s Office accepted service on behalf of the Federal Elections Committee (FEC) on or about August 22, 2008.

A telephone call to Obama’s Senate office in Washington, D.C. yielded no official comment, as his staffer maintained that she was “not familiar with any legal action” and, even though I mentioned that service was made in D.C. to that office, it was “probably a campaign-related issue.”

The subsequent call to the senator’s campaign headquarters, however, yielded the same result but in a more entertaining fashion.

“That’s very interesting,” said a campaign official who declined to provide a name and admitted that this was the first he had heard of Berg’s lawsuit. He asked whether anything about the civil action had appeared in the newspapers, and when told that the story had appeared in the Washington Times, he laughed.

“Has the story appeared in the New York Times? How about the Washington Post? Or the Los Angeles Times? The Chicago Tribune?” he asked. “Those are all more trustworthy papers than the Washington Times. When the story appears there, then we might have something to say about it.”

"If Sen. Obama were ineligible to run for president," he said, "I think we would have heard about it by now."

Berg, over the phone, mentioned that he has received phone calls and advice from dozens of lawyers across the country, and was currently working on preparing a motion for expedited discovery to be filed before the next conference with Judge Surrick. While he was unable to provide a copy of the affidavit of service--as soon as I get a copy, it will be posted here--he was more than happy to offer his perspective on the predictable response I received from Obama's senate office and campaign headquarters.

"They know about it," he said, noting that the story has catapulted across the Internet and radiowaves, citing 7.9 million hits on his Web site and mentioning that he is booked for a pair of radio interviews this evening, and will be sitting with a newspaper photographer for another story to appear in the [Norristown, PA] Times-Herald. "Too many times, a lawsuit can be filed and nobody knows about it. This time, the political people must know for sure."

"The silence is proving me right," he said, wondering why no doctor or nurse has come forward to claim the inevitable publicity which would accompany an admission that they were in attendance for the Illinois senator's birth. "I think it's an insult to the American public and even more so to his campaign supporters who have worked so hard and donated so much money. All they're doing is prolonging the agony. If I'm right and they stay quiet, they could sit on it for 60 days, get elected, and the only way out would be impeachment by this do-nothing Congress."

"What does that do for America?" He asked. "This deserves a comment one way or another."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 09, 2008, 03:42:13 AM »

This is the kind of person that would get bit by a rattle snake thinking he could make it as gentle as a new born lamb then turn around and let a whole brood of rattlesnakes loose in a nursery saying there is no danger in doing so.

Terrorists are barbarians who love killing people. If they spent the wasted money on weapons for good, just think about how much good could be done. If they spent the effort killing innocents on helping their own people, just think about how much better things would be in many parts of the world. In fact, many of their own would be rich and lack almost nothing, BUT THIS WOULD NOT FULFILL THEIR BLOOD-LUST!

Obama and people like him would give prestige, honor, and recognition to terrorists. Obama would cause their blood-letting to be better funded and recognized as legitimate. It's a well-known fact that the worst victims of terrorists are their own people, and this has always been true. Obama is either EXTREMELY NAIVE, or he thinks like and sympathizes with terrorists. I THINK HE THINKS LIKE AND SYMPATHIZES WITH TERRORISTS. HE MIGHT NOT BE FAR REMOVED FROM BEING A TERRORIST HIMSELF!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 09, 2008, 09:27:26 AM »

I don't doubt that at all. There is so much evidence in who he tends to want to associate with. The old birds of a feather cliche fits well.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #578 on: September 10, 2008, 06:34:16 AM »

This is the kind of person that would get bit by a rattle snake thinking he could make it as gentle as a new born lamb then turn around and let a whole brood of rattlesnakes loose in a nursery saying there is no danger in doing so.

Thats also known as turning the fox loose in the hen house...........

Your right though brother.........

Their legitimate claims claims add up to terrorizing others, that have nothing to do with the situation. Just look at the violence they do to each other..........

Their islamic religion has a violence back ground, from the beginning. For those of you that haven't read about islam/muslim there is a thread in General Theology, called Peaceful religion isn't spelled Islam (<----- link). This gives back ground on the islamic religion.

Sorry about that brother Roger....................... Wink

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 10, 2008, 07:36:15 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I give thanks that we have excellent information on the forum about Islam. I must add that the sources are first class and reasonable. I feel comfortable in knowing it's true unless the post is labeled otherwise. In fact, there is considerable effort by DreamWeaver and Pastor Roger to provide great information on a variety of topics that Christians need in these increasingly wild and evil times.

I think that the facts are more clear by the day that Christians might not be here that much longer. In the meantime, there are still many people on this earth who love the LORD. We should know that things are going to get more difficult, but we should also know that our GOD and HEAVENLY FATHER is greater than all. When we give THANKS, JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS should be at the top of our list.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Christian Quotes 292 -
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can
satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another
world."
 -- C.S. Lewis

Favorite Bible Quotes 135 - Ezekiel 39:11-13 And it shall come to pass
in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in
Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it
shall stop the noses of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog
and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog.
12 And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that
they may cleanse the land. 13 Yea, all the people of the land shall
bury them; and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be
glorified, saith the Lord GOD.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 10, 2008, 07:56:58 AM »

Sorry about that brother Roger....................... Wink

Nothing to be sorry about. You are correct. islam is definitely not a religion of peace and anyone that says otherwise is either lying or totally naive in what islam truly stands for.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #581 on: September 10, 2008, 08:15:18 AM »

Nothing to be sorry about. You are correct. islam is definitely not a religion of peace and anyone that says otherwise is either lying or totally naive in what islam truly stands for.

Here a picture of Obama, if he is elected president. By the way, new picture............

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 10, 2008, 11:56:47 PM »

Congressman likens Palin to Christ's crucifier
'Obama was a community organizer like Jesus ... Pontius Pilate was a governor'

Sen. Barack Obama was likened to Jesus Christ on the floor of the U.S. House today, while Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was compared to the Roman governor responsible for ordering Jesus' crucifixion.

Both comparisons came from Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., a supporter of Obama for president.

"If you want change, you want the Democratic Party," Cohen said during his one-minute speech. "Barack Obama was a community organizer like Jesus, who our minister prayed about. Pontius Pilate was a governor."

Cohen was referring to comments Palin aimed at Obama during her acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention in Minnesota last week.

Palin had made fun of Obama for citing his experience as a community organizer, saying, "I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, except that you have actual responsibilities."

"What point was Cohen trying to make?" asked the National Republican Congressional Committee, pointing out it was Pontius Pilate who sentenced Christ to death.

One WND reader, expounding on the biblical references, noted, "The community organizer was actually the prisoner Barabbas, and the crowd shouted for him like a rock star instead of Jesus."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 11, 2008, 09:16:36 AM »

Yes, Palin Did Stop That Bridge
By JIM DEMINT

"But, you know, when you've been taking all these earmarks when it's convenient, and then suddenly you're the champion anti-earmark person, that's not change. Come on! I mean, words mean something, you can't just make stuff up." -- Barack Obama, Sept. 6, 2008

In politics, words are cheap. What really counts are actions. Democrats and Republicans have talked about fiscal responsibility for years. In reality, both parties have a shameful record of wasting hundreds of billions of tax dollars on pork-barrel projects.

My Senate colleague Barack Obama is now attacking Gov. Sarah Palin over earmarks. Having worked with both John McCain and Mr. Obama on earmarks, and as a recovering earmarker myself, I can tell you that Mrs. Palin's leadership and record of reform stands well above that of Mr. Obama.

Let's compare.

Mrs. Palin used her veto pen to slash more local projects than any other governor in the state's history. She cut nearly 10% of Alaska's budget this year, saving state residents $268 million. This included vetoing a $30,000 van for Campfire USA and $200,000 for a tennis court irrigation system. She succinctly justified these cuts by saying they were "not a state responsibility."

Meanwhile in Washington, Mr. Obama voted for numerous wasteful earmarks last year, including: $12 million for bicycle paths, $450,000 for the International Peace Museum, $500,000 for a baseball stadium and $392,000 for a visitor's center in Louisiana.

Mrs. Palin cut Alaska's federal earmark requests in half last year, one of the strongest moves against earmarks by any governor. It took real leadership to buck Alaska's decades-long earmark addiction.

Mr. Obama delivered over $100 million in earmarks to Illinois last year and has requested nearly a billion dollars in pet projects since 2005. His running mate, Joe Biden, is still indulging in earmarks, securing over $90 million worth this year.

Mrs. Palin also killed the infamous Bridge to Nowhere in her own state. Yes, she once supported the project: But after witnessing the problems created by earmarks for her state and for the nation's budget, she did what others like me have done: She changed her position and saved taxpayers millions. Even the Alaska Democratic Party credits her with killing the bridge.

When the Senate had its chance to stop the Bridge to Nowhere and transfer the money to Katrina rebuilding, Messrs. Obama and Biden voted for the $223 million earmark, siding with the old boys' club in the Senate. And to date, they still have not publicly renounced their support for the infamous earmark.

Mrs. Palin has proven courageous by taking on big spenders in her own party. In March of this year, the Anchorage Daily News reported that, "Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens is aggravated about what he sees as Gov. Sarah Palin's antagonism toward the earmarks he uses to steer federal money to the state."

Mr. Obama had a chance to take on his party when Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid offered a sham ethics bill, which was widely criticized by watchdog groups such as Citizens Against Government Waste for shielding earmarks from public scrutiny. But instead of standing with taxpayers, Mr. Obama voted for the bill. Today, he claims he helped write the bill that failed to clean up Washington.

Mr. Obama has shown little restraint on earmarks until this year, when he decided to co-sponsor an earmark moratorium authored by Mr. McCain and myself. Mr. Obama is vulnerable on this issue, and he knows it. That is why he is lashing out at Mrs. Palin and trying to hide his own record.

Mrs. Palin is one of the strongest antiearmark governors in America. If more governors around the country would do what she has done, we would be much closer to fixing our nation's fiscal problems than we are.

Mrs. Palin's record here is solid and inspiring. She will help Mr. McCain shut down the congressional favor factory, and she has a record to prove it. Actions mean something. You can't just make stuff up.

Mr. DeMint, a Republican, is a U.S. senator from South Carolina.

The points that DeMint has made on the records of Obama and Palin can be verified as factual and it is not just his opinion.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 15, 2008, 02:09:34 PM »

From the website Wake Up America:

Obama Attempted To Interfere In Iraq Negotiations

WHILE campaigning in public for a speedy withdrawal of US troops from Iraq, Sen. Barack Obama has tried in private to persuade Iraqi leaders to delay an agreement on a draw-down of the American military presence.

According to Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, Obama made his demand for delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July.

“He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington,” Zebari said in an interview.

Obama insisted that Congress should be involved in negotiations on the status of US troops - and that it was in the interests of both sides not to have an agreement negotiated by the Bush administration in its “state of weakness and political confusion.”

“However, as an Iraqi, I prefer to have a security agreement that regulates the activities of foreign troops, rather than keeping the matter open.” Zebari says.

The New York Post has Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari on record showing that Barack Obama tried to interfere with ongoing negotiations with Iraqi leaders when he was on his so-called fact finding, photo-op, trip to Iraq not long ago.

Why would he do such a thing?

Because in order for him to have any type of credibility he needed to convince Americans that things were still going badly in Iraq.

Despite some usual equivocations on the subject, Obama rejects pre-emption as a legitimate form of self -defense. To be credible, his foreign-policy philosophy requires Iraq to be seen as a failure, a disaster, a quagmire, a pig with lipstick or any of the other apocalyptic adjectives used by the American defeat industry in the past five years.

The fact that Iraqi officials are going on record to let people know what Obama tried to do is bad, very bad, but what is worse is that Barack Obama was telling his supporters one thing while deliberately, secretly doing another.

Worse yet, he was interfering with ongoing negotiations without the right to do so which could have jeopardized those very negotiations for no other reason than to use it for his campaigning.

Barack Obama has no authority to negotiate with Iraqi leaders, yet he did, which shows incredible hubris on his part as well as a lack of concern for what is best for America and replacing what is best for America with what is best for his own political aspirations.

Hot Air weighs in with another factor involved with his trying to interfere with diplomatic negotiations.

Hypocrisy isn’t the issue here; it’s the interference of Obama in military and diplomatic affairs. Just on diplomacy, interfering with the United States in its diplomatic efforts is a Logan Act violation. Interfering with war policy treads on even more serious ground, especially since the primary motivation appears to be winning an election without regard to whether it damages our ability to fight the enemy or drives wedges between us and our ally, the elected, representative government in Baghdad.

Big mistake, rookie mistake and goes to show that Obama is willing to try to cause Americas defeat simply so he can obtain victory into the White House.

Far cry from John McCain, who fought for the surge in Iraq, which has succeeded as even Obama has recently admitted, with McCain saying back in 2007, via Politico, “I’d rather lose an election than lose a war.”

Which man is willing to put his country before his campaign and political aspirations?

In July, according to a Fox embed, John McCain said it seemed to him Barack Obama “would rather lose a war in order to win a political campaign.”

Perhaps he was right.

Which man stands for “Country First?”

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the