Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:04:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  3D device advice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3D device advice  (Read 22744 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2007, 10:08:49 PM »

Okay...Here's the deal....

I took my computer to a friend at Microsoft so he could tweek it to make it run faster.  Didn't work.  Okay fine.  However, now I can't play my games!  It says:
cannot find compatible 3D devices!  I was playing along fine before that. 
So here is the question:
How can I get my computer to recognize the video card again?
If anyone one knows please explain it so a (I was going to say kindergartner could understand, but they probably would) so explain it so a grammy can understand it.
I don't want to take it in and I don't know how to open it up.  If I have to open it up then I will have to take it in, I guess.

Can anyone help me?

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 10:31:55 PM »

If you have the original CD for the graphics card, put it in and reinstall. Sounds like the files were deleted from your computer.

If you don't, you will have to run a internet search, for the missing files.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 11:03:05 PM »

How do I do an internet search.  What do I look for?

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 11:19:48 PM »

If you know the card example... Voodoo, 3D Fuzion, GeForce, 7600GS, ATI, HD, 2900XT,xtremetv TV Tuner PVR, Diamond Viper,ATI X1K Video Cards all have special; drivers. You need to know what card you have. Then you do a search (example) - "aedax graphic 3-d card drivers" you type that in and search the net.

workinprogress

B=basic I=instructions B=before L=leaving E=earth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 12:08:23 AM »

I am not an expert in anything, but I have a suggestion that may work relatively easy. This is assuming that you still have not fixed the problem using "DreamWeaver" instructions, if so, than praise the Lord.

Of course I do not know what operating system you have, such as which windows version you are running, but in the case of most all of MS systems,
you should be able to start with the "Start" tab; using the right button on your mouse, click on the "My Computer" and left click on the "properties".

next in the window that opens click on the "Hardware" tab, and then "Device manager".
in this window you should see all the devices that are in your computer, if by chance all you see is one icon with a + sign in front of it, just click on the + sign and the rest will be available.

Next, look for "Display Adapters" and click on the + sign. You should see what your 3-D video card is: such as Dreamweaver mentioned.
Right click on that and  and try the "Update" option. If this does not help then again using the right button this time choose "Properties". In the window that opens there are 4 tabs, choose "Driver" and there is an option to "roll back driver". Try that one.

If this fails then you will have to use the internet  and look for the driver for your device, download it and then open the download to install the driver.
Of course you will now know what device you have, which you can use to type into any search engine to look for the driver.
Personally I prefer "Google" as to any other internet search engine.

I pray that I did not make this too complicated, and one of my favorite quotes is "I know just enough to be dangerous"
My most said quote is "Christ have regarded my helpless estate, and it is well with my soul"

God's speed in fixing your problem.
Dave H.
a work in progress, getting all the "B=basic I=instructions B=before L=leaving E=earth; that my Lord, and Saviour is giving me.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 12:12:44 AM by workinprogress » Logged

B=I=B=L=E
         &
S=E=C=U=R=E
Showing everyone Christ using [my] real experiences
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 12:05:29 PM »

Thanks for your help guys!  I was able to find what I have and the computer says it's "working properly" but it isn't.  I haven't yet been able to find any kind of download and have contacted Microsoft for help.  I'm waiting for their reply now.  Good Grief.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 12:31:55 PM »

This problem can possibly be software or hardware. From what you have said it sounds more like a software problem.

First try this:

Right-click on your desktop and select:
Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot
and move the Hardware Acceleration slider to "Full",
then click "Apply".

Afterward, right-click on your Desktop and select:
Properties > Setting and adjust your Screen Resolution
settings, then select "Highest (32 bit) Color Quality setting,
and click "apply".

Next you need to insure that you have DirectX and if you do have it then insure that it is working and not corrupted. If you have a valid windows you can get directx from microsoft for free. So if you have directx and it isn't working you can uninstall it and download it again from microsoft.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
workinprogress

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 04:53:40 PM »

I agree with Posted by: Pastor Roger
This problem can possibly be software or hardware. From what you have said it sounds more like a software problem.

I would rather have the hardware problem over the software though, as trying to find and fix software issues can get a bit frustrating. But, Praise the Lord for teaching me patience.

I pray that one of these fine bits of information has been of help, and that your problem is fixed.

In God's speed.
Dave

B=I=B=L=E
         &
S=E=C=U=R=E
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 11:58:14 PM »

Thanks again guys!  You're wonderful to care!  I'll play with it some more when I get home.  Undecided Cheesy

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 12:46:45 AM »

I am not an expert in anything, but I have a suggestion that may work relatively easy. This is assuming that you still have not fixed the problem using "DreamWeaver" instructions, if so, than praise the Lord.

Why is it, that some people think I don't know anything??

The computer I'm using is home built. I have no degree, and yes I search the net, for software drivers. The last computer I built was a Pen 2 233 Mhz MMX. This one is a Pen 4 2.3 Ghz. So I do know something, if I can do this.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 01:26:58 AM »

The computer I'm using is home built. I have no degree, and yes I search the net, for software drivers. The last computer I built was a Pen 2 233 Mhz MMX. This one is a Pen 4 2.3 Ghz. So I do know something, if I can do this.

No one here meant to indicate that, brother. The drivers are some of the software side of things and you covered that quite well.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 04:16:45 PM »

First try this:

Right-click on your desktop and select:
Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot
and move the Hardware Acceleration slider to "Full",
then click "Apply".

Afterward, right-click on your Desktop and select:
Properties > Setting and adjust your Screen Resolution
settings, then select "Highest (32 bit) Color Quality setting,
and click "apply".

Next you need to insure that you have DirectX and if you do have it then insure that it is working and not corrupted. If you have a valid windows you can get directx from microsoft for free. So if you have directx and it isn't working you can uninstall it and download it again from microsoft.

I've done all this and it still isn't working.  I still have not done:
If you know the card example... Voodoo, 3D Fuzion, GeForce, 7600GS, ATI, HD, 2900XT,xtremetv TV Tuner PVR, Diamond Viper,ATI X1K Video Cards all have special; drivers. You need to know what card you have. Then you do a search (example) - "aedax graphic 3-d card drivers" you type that in and search the net.

Because I haven't been home long enough.  I have found out what kind of card I have so now I wil have to do a search.  What a drag.

(Next, look for "Display Adapters" and click on the + sign. You should see what your 3-D video card is: such as Dreamweaver mentioned.
Right click on that and  and try the "Update" option. ) quote from workingprogress.....I've done this but not this (If this does not help then again using the right button this time choose "Properties". In the window that opens there are 4 tabs, choose "Driver" and there is an option to "roll back driver". )

And I'm not sure what I'm looking for to do this:
(
If this fails then you will have to use the internet  and look for the driver for your device, download it and then open the download to install the driver.

When I can get to it, I'll post what my device is (it's written down at home) and then maybe someone will know what I need to do from there.
Sorry to be so needy guys and I really do appreciate your help.   Kiss

workinprogress

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 06:20:33 PM »

Quote from: workinprogress on December 21, 2007, 12:08:23 AM

Please forgive me if I have caused you or anyone to feel that I implied anything other than respect for any instructions posted concerning computers, hardware & software. I mean no transgression here, nor to cause hard feelings.
I did start out in the old DOS systems, and  moved up from there. The computer I have now is like yours home built, just a simple AMD Athlon 64x2 daul core processor.
As I said before in that posting "I know just enough to be dangerous" meaning that I have in the past helped fellow brothers in Christ with their computers and ended up having to completely re-install everything from the original CD's.

So, once again, please forgive me if I have caused any distention or caused any hard feelings.

A brother in Christ.
Dave H
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 06:28:41 PM by workinprogress » Logged

B=I=B=L=E
         &
S=E=C=U=R=E
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 08:39:31 PM »

Hi workinprogress,

I don't think that you said anything to even imply that. I just think it was a misunderstanding which happens to us all at one time or another.

You sound like me when it comes to computers. I started out with computers in 1974 while in the Navy. I did put quite a few computers together. One of them was even at the individual component, soldering them in level. I did a lot of pc board repair, computer troubleshooting and more back then. I was even a Navy instructor for the operations of 6 different computer systems. I worked a lot with the original dos as well as programs prior to dos.

The last 15 years though I haven't kept up on computers so I know just enough with these new computers to be dangerous. If I run into any serious problems now I have to go to my oldest son who has a job working in computers both industrial and commercial level. He has had to fix my computers quite a bit in the past both hardware and software.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 10:33:06 PM »

Quote from: workinprogress on December 21, 2007, 12:08:23 AM

Please forgive me if I have caused you or anyone to feel that I implied anything other than respect for any instructions posted concerning computers, hardware & software. I mean no transgression here, nor to cause hard feelings.
I did start out in the old DOS systems, and  moved up from there. The computer I have now is like yours home built, just a simple AMD Athlon 64x2 daul core processor.
As I said before in that posting "I know just enough to be dangerous" meaning that I have in the past helped fellow brothers in Christ with their computers and ended up having to completely re-install everything from the original CD's.

So, once again, please forgive me if I have caused any distention or caused any hard feelings.

A brother in Christ.
Dave H
Hi Dave, I just think it was a misunderstanding between us. It is easy to do in this format, so no you haven't caused any distention or any hard feelings between us.

Like you, I also started out on DOS 2.0, which I still have all the programs, up, to windows XP Pro. I've been looking at Linux, here of late though.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the