Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:58:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Signs of the Lord's Return and the End of the Age
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Signs of the Lord's Return and the End of the Age  (Read 119126 times)
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2008, 09:40:52 PM »

Wow, grammyluv!!

Thank you so much for sharing all of that information from Jerry Golden!!!!  We have supported his ministry in the past but since we moved have been out of touch. My husband and I were blown away by this report. We've been hearing about that building for years and are astonished about the way everything seems to be falling into place for the arrival of the antichrist.

The pictures were excellent and the report, I know, was just scratching the surface. There are many with so much money that secretly control world affairs and I believe Jerry was right about them getting everything ready for the arrival of their anti-messah, as we can follow in the daily reports published on this website. Things are happening very quickly now!!! Thank you again. If you have more, please share it with us.

As for Ahmadinejad, I'm afraid he's going to find that things won't go according to his plans - and, for that matter, they won't go according to the best laid plans of the members of the Illuminati or Freemasons either. They're in for a gigantic surprise when our Lord and Savior returns! All their planning and money will be for nothing - they will be defeated with a Word from the Living Word of God as He comes back this time to judge the world!!!!!!

Hallelujah to the Lamb!!!!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2008, 01:36:45 AM »

The world must accept Israel's imminent collapse

Speaking to a large crowd in Iran's Southern port city of Bushehr, the site of Iran's nuclear facility, Iranian President Ahmadinejad called on the world to acknowledge Israel's imminent collapse. The Iranian president told world leaders to stop supporting the Zionists, that their regime had reached its final stages and that the Palestinians and regional nations will confront and eventually bring to an end to the Israeli atrocities.

Iran does not acknowledge Israel and Ahmadinejad has called the Holocaust of Jews in WWII a myth and has called for Israel to be wiped off the map and their name to be forgotten forever.

The scenario that Iranian President Ahmadinejad describes as the imminent collapse of Israel with the Middle East nations destroying the Jewish state does fit Bible prophecy; however, it has a different conclusion.

Standing near the nuclear facility located in Iran's port city of Bushehr, Iranian President Ahmadinejad has warned the world of the imminent collapse of the Jewish state of Israel. This warning is a continuation of his radical rhetoric focused on Israel and the claims that Israel is an illegitimate state and will soon be wiped off the map.

The only collapse coming is that of Iran, and that is Bible prophecy to be fulfilled one day. Muslims are drawn to the collapse of Israel, like a moth to fire. Iran is one of the countries that will attack Israel, in Ezekiel 38 & 39.

Ezekiel 38 & 39 Prophesy that several Arab and North African nations will rally together in the Latter Years and mount a massive military operation against the Nation of Israel.  Despite the fall of the Berlin Wall and the "collapse" of communism, Ezekiel Prophesies that a "hook in the jaw" will be placed in Russia 39;s mouth and she will be dragged into this war virtually against her will.  It will not be her smartest move.  It will be the end of her armed forces.

As with most of Bible Prophecy, Ezekiel 39, prophetic language is literal, requiring an enlightened view of all Scripture.  Therefore, we must carefully examine the prophetical books of the Bible and compare them with other Scripture.  Prophetical books are not meant just for "filler" material. they are intended to guide generations by revealing the future *before* it occurs.  All of Bible prophecy will be fulfilled!!

Generally Prophecy books are arranged in chronological sequence.  Occasionally, Prophecy will take quick jumps backwards or forwards to make a point.  In this case, the Prophecies in Ezekiel 38-39 are dependent on the Prophecies of Ezekiel 36-37 being already fulfilled.  In other words, Russia and the Arabs cannot attack the Nation of Israel until after the Nation of Israel had been restored.  In the 20th century, the Nation of Israel has been restored, just as Prophesied in Ezekiel 36:24, Ezekiel 37 and Isaiah 66:8.

Israel is the Apple of Gods Eye.  The Bible also says, in Ezekiel 38 & 39, that God will throw fire against Gog and her allies.  Only 1/6 of those armies will be left, as well as usable land.

Although the Russian-Arab invasion of Israel is foretold in the Prophecy of Ezekiel 38 & 39 after Israel is restored as a nation Ezekiel 36 & 37 this invasion is not the Battle of Armageddon.

1st,  in Ezekiel there are definite allies mentioned and they are limited in number while other nations stand in opposition. In the Campaign of Armageddon all nations are allied together against Jerusalem without exception.

2nd, the Ezekiel invasion comes from the north, the Armageddon invasion comes from the whole Earth.

3rd, the purpose of the Russian [38:6] invasion is to take spoil, the purpose of the Armageddon Campaign is to destroy all the Jews.

4th, in the Ezekiel invasion there is a protest against the invasion, Armageddon Campaign there is no protest since all the nations are involved.

5th, the Ezekiel invasion is destroyed through convulsions of nature, Armageddon invasion is destroyed by the personal Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

6th, the Ezekiel invasion is destroyed on the mountains of Israel, Armageddon Campaign is destroyed in the area between Petra and Jerusalem.

7th, the Russian invasion takes place while Israel is living securely in the land; the Armageddon Campaign takes place while Israel is in flight and in hiding.

North Africa has no shortage of issues, from war in Sierra Leone, to the battles between Ethiopia and Eritrea, to ongoing persecution in Sudan, Algeria, Togo and Burkina Faso.  Libya is busy constructing chemical and perhaps biological weaponry.  And now, due primarily to AIDS, most South African teenagers have an average life expectancy of just 33 years; down from 70 years a scant 5 years ago.

The arrogance of Imanutjob (Ahmadinejad) is second to none right now.

You can read Ezekiel 38 here and Ezekiel 39 here.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2008, 02:53:07 AM »

Pope Benedict says that the Roman Catholic Church is the one church that Jesus Christ established on earth

In a document issued by the Vatican's congregation for the doctrine of the faith, it contained Pope Benedict's assertion that the Roman Catholic Church is the one church that Jesus Christ established on earth.

The Pope's statement also said that other Christian denominations cannot be called "churches" in the proper sense of the word, a comment that has prompted condemnation and confusion from Protestants and the Orthodox.

The pronouncement from the Vatican said that Pope Benedict was trying to clarify teachings from the second Vatican council of 1962-1965 which the current Pope attended and has been very concerned over its liberal interpretations.

Pope Benedict's statement that the Catholic Church is the church that Christ established on earth has a prophetic significance that is played out during the End Times according to Bible prophecy.

Pope Benedict, the very conservative leader of the world-wide Catholic Church, has made another very controversial statement. Last summer, the Pope angered the Muslim world when he referred to Islam as a dangerous religion.

This summer, the Pope's new assertion that the Catholic Church is the church that Jesus Christ establish here on earth has brought about condemnation and confusion. What is interesting is that the Pope's assertion parallels the prophecy found in the book of Revelation about a one-world church in the future.

John the Apostle, who wrote Revelation, wrote in Revelation 17 of a one-world church coming to power in the first half of the Tribulation Period and being led by the Antichrist. That church described in Revelation 17 will be headquartered in Rome, Italy and will be the only church of that time in history.

John, in Revelation 17, describes in detail that coming false church during the Tribulation Period. Hear me please now, I did not say that the Catholic Church is that false church of Revelation 17.

I have only reported the latest news from the Vatican which does indeed set the stage for Bible prophecy to be fulfilled.

Pastor Roger,

I've thought about this many times and consider it to be a SAD and EVIL distortion of GOD'S WORD. Most real, born again Christians know that the ONE TRUE CHURCH is not made with human hands and IS NOT headed by a man. THE ONE TRUE CHURCH has JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF as the HEAD. The teachings of the HOLY BIBLE are so clear and blunt on this issue that it's hard to see how anyone would misunderstand it.

YES - I do think that the Vatican and the Pope are helping to set the stage for the End Days of this Age of Grace. Further, I think that the Vatican will have a major role in the Tribulation Period. CHRIST HIMSELF will prove that HE is GOD at the end of the Tribulation Period, and HE will subject all things under HIS FEET.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 9:2-7 NASB
The people who walk in darkness Will see a great light; Those who live in a dark land, The light will shine on them. You shall multiply the nation, You shall increase their gladness; They will be glad in Your presence As with the gladness of harvest, As men rejoice when they divide the spoil. For You shall break the yoke of their burden and the staff on their shoulders, The rod of their oppressor, as at the battle of Midian. For every boot of the booted warrior in the battle tumult, And cloak rolled in blood, will be for burning, fuel for the fire. For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, On the throne of David and over his kingdom, To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness From then on and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2008, 03:06:10 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

We live in a time of great confusion, but Christians have the TRUTH about what's happening and what will happen in GOD'S WORD. As the times of this world grow worse and more EVIL, the Beautiful and Wonderful Promises of GOD to Christians grow nearer. We can and should give thanks every day for the Promises GOD will most certainly be fulfilled perfectly. If it's GOD'S Will that we should be persecuted or suffer in HIS NAME before we go HOME, we should consider it to be an honor and privilege! If so, I would hope and pray that GOD gives us the courage and strength to proclaim the GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD through it all and BOLDLY to the end. HE IS WORTHY!

2 Timothy 1:7-12 NASB
For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord or of me His prisoner, but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity, but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle and a teacher. For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day.

Philippians 4:12-13 NASB
I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.  I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Romans 8:16-23
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »

America in a permanent decline?
July 2, 2008

The dollar is plunging. Detroit's car dominance is history. London claims to be outfinancing Wall Street. So maybe it's time to ask whether the era of US dominance is over for good.

By Ernest Beck, MSN Money

Forbes magazine's annual list of the world's richest people is eagerly anticipated as a barometer of wealth and power. And each year the mighty U.S., whose economy is often described as the envy of the world, has dominated the rankings.

Until now, that is.

In its most recent survey, the Forbes billionaire list changed dramatically: The United States made only four appearances in the top 20, compared with 10 names two years ago. India, by contrast, posted an astonishing four in the top 10, twice as many as the U.S. While America still leads the overall list, Russia, the new nation of raging capitalism, ranked second. Its 87 billionaires pushed aside Germany, the former runner-up. Is Wall Street's dominance over?

Many Americans are still rich, of course; many more are comfortably middle class. And the economy, though weak, is nowhere near collapse. But the shift in the billionaire allotment reflects broader trends. While globalization is indeed producing fabulous wealth in countries that were once considered basket cases, many are asking whether the U.S. is losing its competitive edge and surrendering its long-held leadership positions in business, finance and innovation to foreign competitors.

"The U.S. was always No. 1 and assumed it would be No. 1 and acted accordingly," says Doug Rediker, a former investment banker and a co-director of the Global Strategic Finance Initiative at the New America Foundation, a Washington, D.C., think tank. "Now other nations are catching up. There are competitors fighting for market share in every industry. The U.S. is under pressure."

Consider the sinking value of the dollar: The greenback is still the world's reserve currency, but its continuing erosion carries a symbolic value, telling the world that the U.S. doesn't have its financial house in order. At home, that means higher prices for food and fuel; it also means more-expensive vacations for Americans traveling abroad.

Talk Back: Do you think America is locked into decline?

The incredible shrinking dollar has also made America a great place for Europeans -- wielding their strong euros and pounds -- to go on cheap shopping sprees, swamping our department stores and designer boutiques to pick up bargains. The U.S., once an elite shopping destination, is becoming their giant outlet mall. Foreign tourists on shopping sprees

And what about Detroit's once-vaunted role as an auto industry leader? That has been diminished by more-nimble global competitors. Companies such as Japan's Toyota are threatening the once-indomitable General Motors with more-stylish design and advanced engineering. While GM was turning out gas-guzzling

SUVs and Hummers, Toyota got on the green bandwagon early with hybrids and other fuel-efficient cars, and is now reaping the rewards as gas prices soar. Meanwhile, Wall Street faces rivals in cities such as London, which is attracting so many international banks and companies to its booming stock and capital markets that it now claims to be the new center for global business and finance -- a title disputed, of course, by New York City boosters.

Still, argues Michael Charlton, the chief executive of Think London, the city's official foreign-direct-investment agency, "It is a valid claim that London is the world financial capital because its status is based on its international credentials and because we trade so successfully internationally." Is London the next global capital?

Even New York's pre-eminent position as the center of the booming global art market is being challenged -- again by London, a city that once shunned contemporary art. Nowadays, London's galleries and auction houses are crowded with new collectors, including many newly rich Russians, clamoring for the work of blue-chip artists.

Taken together, some say, the evidence suggests the U.S. might be heading into a twilight phase -- one in which it is ceding to other nations its usual claim to superlatives and leadership as well as its adventurous, cutting-edge spirit. A spate of recent books has explored this development, including Newsweek editor Fareed Zakaria's "The Post-American World." Among the examples he cites: The world's tallest building is in Taipei, Taiwan; the largest publicly traded company is in China; India will soon have the world's biggest oil refinery; and Macau has overtaken Las Vegas in gambling revenue. Map: Global markets on the rise

The reality is a bit more complex, but we do now live in a multipolar world, and we had better get used to it. Forget the superpower rivalry between the U.S. and the former Soviet Union, as well as the brief time in which the U.S. was the only superpower. Forget the time when there was no Airbus, only Boeing and Lockheed and McDonnell Douglas.

Today the centers of power, finance and trade have realigned into three heavyweight blocks: the U.S., the European Union and Asia, with the last dominated by China and India, boasting massive populations and rapidly developing economies. Each group is looking out for its own interests and using its might to influence economic policy and world affairs.

So where does that leave the U.S.?

Rediker, of the New America Foundation, says the U.S. is still a major player in the global economy and isn't likely to become a second-tier nation anytime soon. But, he adds, it's time to recognize that "it's also not the only player, and as such, can't dictate terms to the rest of the world."

In the short term, that shift in thinking might not cut prices at the pump or in grocery stores, or restore strength in the dollar. But it could become part of a wider strategy on how the U.S. can deal with the world's evolving economic structure and encourage business leaders to adopt a broader, bolder outlook to remain competitive in the global marketplace.

Despite the challenges and gloomy outlook fostered by the credit crunch and subprime mortgage mess, many believe the U.S. economy remains both formidable and resilient, with deep reserves of talent, entrepreneurship and continuing investment in research and development.

Even General Motors is trying to change: It has vowed to design an electric car and have it on the road by 2010.

"We should not underestimate the ability of the U.S. economy to transform itself," says Mauro Guillen, a professor of international management at The Wharton School in Philadelphia. "It has one of the most flexible economies and continues to be a magnet for the best and the brightest." Although the nation is at a crossroads in many respects, Guillen adds, "The U.S. will weather the storm."

America in a permanent decline?

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2008, 06:52:20 PM »

Mainly, this is the predictable nay-saying and horse whipping we see from the media

I firmly believe that the US must lose its status as the top dog on the global scene as we get nearer to the End. This does not surprise me and to me is just another indicator that we are closer to the Rapture.

Yes it is sad, but inevitable. Everything is proceeding according to His will. Every earthly kingdom is destined to fall. America is no different. Praise God we are citizens of an Eternal Kingdom that will never fall.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2008, 01:00:22 AM »

Mainly, this is the predictable nay-saying and horse whipping we see from the media

I firmly believe that the US must lose its status as the top dog on the global scene as we get nearer to the End. This does not surprise me and to me is just another indicator that we are closer to the Rapture.

Yes it is sad, but inevitable. Everything is proceeding according to His will. Every earthly kingdom is destined to fall. America is no different. Praise God we are citizens of an Eternal Kingdom that will never fall.

AMEN BROTHER!

I believe this is exactly what we're watching. I'm convinced that the End Times for this Age of Grace are drawing near. In fact, these days might be much nearer than any of us imagine. I feel extremely sad for the lost in this world, but Christians await the GLORIOUS PROMISES OF GOD! They are so sure that we can consider them already done! The evil have much to fear, but what do we as Christians have to fear?

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 NASB
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:50-58 NASB
Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O  DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2008, 11:50:54 PM »

Turkish President calling for a new world order.
16 Aug 2008

Turkish President Abdullah Gul says the Georgia conflict has proved that the US could no longer control the entire world from one centre.

In an interview with The Guardian newspaper published on Saturday, President Gul said the conflict in Georgia indicated that Washington could no longer shape global politics on its own, and with other countries.

"A new world order, if I can say it, should emerge" and the United States should begin sharing power in a new world order, he added.

The remarks were made a couple of days after Russia pushed Georgia back from the breakaway region of South Ossetia. Georgia faced a harsh response from Moscow in its military action to retake control of the region last week.

"There are big nations. There are huge populations. There is unbelievable economic development in some parts of the world" the president said.

"So what we have to do is, instead of unilateral actions, act all together, make common decisions and have consultations with the world," Gul concluded.

Turkish President calling for a new world order.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2008, 12:29:16 AM »

Brazil wants its say in new financial order

By ALAN CLENDENNING, AP Business Writer Fri Oct 10, 6:26 PM ET

SAO PAULO, Brazil - Brazil's president said Friday that emerging market nations like Brazil must have a strong say in developing strict international rules for financial institutions.

Brazil and other developing countries "need to learn from this crisis to construct a new world economic order," President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva said in a speech to Brazilian and American trade investment forum attended by U.S. Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez.

Silva demanded tighter regulations for high risk investments in rich nations that he and many other leaders of developing market nations blame for eroding their economies after they spent decades adopting U.S. backed reforms.

New rules are crucial to "control the anarchy that is hitting the world economy," Silva said, laying out harsh criticism for bankers who made risky bets on mortgage-backed securities that went bad.

"What happened is that some people acted like they were teenagers with failing grades on their report cards, wanting to hide them from their parents," Silva said.

Central banks around the planet must adopt new rules, and governments must make sure financial institutions comply or are punished to prevent another debacle like the U.S.-born crisis, Silva said.

The president reiterated his belief that Brazil is better insulated from a deep domestic economic crisis because it has put its financial house in order, paying off its foreign debt and accumulating more than US$200 billion in foreign reserves.

However, shares on Brazil's Ibovespa index fell for the fifth day in a row, closing down 4 percent at 35,610. And Brazil's currency fell another 4.5 percent against the dollar, as the central bank auctioned reserves to halt the slide. The real has lost more than 30 percent of its value since Aug. 1.

Silva said Brazil will stick to its plans for hundreds of billions of dollars in infrastructure investment in coming years, including hydroelectric dams, highway improvements and railways.

He also called Friday for a new global free trade agreement as an important step to prevent economic chaos.

In an interview with The Associated Press, U.S. Commerce Secretary Gutierrez acknowledged the anger across the planet aimed at the United States for causing the crisis, but said regulatory reforms must wait until the U.S. bailout package starts rippling through the economy and restoring credit.

"We are working as hard as we can to fix it," he said.

Silva said he lobbied for progress on the stalled World Trade Organization trade negotiations several days ago in a phone call with President Bush, and will deliver the same message in India next week to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

Gutierrez echoed Silva's message that free trade — and not protectionism — is needed to bolster the global economy. But he said there is little hope of an agreement on a world trade treaty until after the inauguration of a new U.S. president in January.

Brazil wants its say in new financial order

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2008, 12:48:40 AM »

Hundreds flee chemical leak
October 12th, 2008

(CNN) — A leak at a western Pennsylvania chemical plant Saturday formed a toxic cloud that affected more than 2,000 residents — some of whom fled their homes while others huddled indoors with windows shut, authorities said.

Three people were taken to hospitals but officials could not immediately say what ailed them.

Authorities located the source of the leak at the Indspec Chemical Corp. plant in Petrolia and shut it down. But it will take until mid-morning Sunday before officials greenlight residents to return home, said Freda Tarbell, spokeswoman for the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection.

The number of injuries from the incident were not immediately available, though plant Manager Dave Dorko said all employees and inspectors at the plant were safe and accounted for.

Tarbell described the chemical as fuming sulfuric acid, which is also known as oleum.

The plant uses the chemical during its production process for its ability to absorb water, she said.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2008, 10:03:59 PM »

Mysterious glowing aurora over Saturn confounds scientists

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 8:24 PM on 13th November 2008

A stunning light display over Saturn has stumped scientists who say it behaves unlike any other planetary aurora known in our solar system.

Picture #1

Picture #2

The blueish-green glow was found over the ringed planet's north polar region just like Earth's northern lights.

It was discovered by the infrared instruments on NASA's Cassini spacecraft.

'We've never seen an aurora like this elsewhere,' said Tom Stallard, a scientist working with Cassini data at the University of Leicester.

'This aurora covers an enormous area across the pole. Our current ideas on what forms Saturn's aurora predict that this region should be empty, so finding such a bright aurora here is a fantastic surprise.'

Auroras are caused by charged particles streaming along the magnetic field lines of a planet into its atmosphere.

Particles from the sun cause Earth's auroras. Many, but not all, of the auroras at Jupiter and Saturn are caused by particles trapped within the magnetic environments of those planets.

Jupiter's main auroral ring is caused by interactions in Jupiter's magnetic environment and remains constant in size. Saturn's main aurora is caused by the solar wind, and changes size dramatically as the wind varies. However, the newly observed aurora at Saturn doesn't fit into either category.

The new infrared aurora appears in a region hidden from NASA's Hubble Space Telescope. Cassini observed it when the spacecraft flew near Saturn's polar region.

In infrared light, the aurora sometimes fills the region from around 82 degrees north all the way over the pole. This new aurora is also constantly changing, even disappearing within a 45 minute-period.

'There is something special and unforeseen about this planet's magnetosphere and the way it interacts with the solar wind and the planet's atmosphere,' Cassini scientist Nick Achilleos from the University College London said.

The Cassini-Huygens mission is a cooperative project of NASA, the European Space Agency and the Italian Space Agency.

Mysterious glowing aurora over Saturn confounds scientists

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2008, 01:20:00 PM »

VeriChip rises from the ashes
Written by Chris Perver   
Saturday, 15 November 2008

This link from my friend Adam. Earlier in the year, the VeriChip Corporation, which manufactures the human-implantable RFID tags, sold its Xmark subsidiary to the Canadian firm Stanley Works, after the company fell into financial difficulties. VeriChip corporation had embarked on an extensive rebranding scheme to make its products more appealing to the public, following negative publicity over their product's link with cancerous tumours in mice. A three month advertising campaign was also undertaken in order to promote its products among the medical industry, and a partnership with a well known hearing aid manufacturer was also announced. But the scheme failed and the company reported losses of around $1.9 million in the first quarter of 2008. Stanley Works bought Xmark with the intention of integrating its the technology into its own security business. The money went to pay off VeriChip's loan from its parent company, Digital Angel, which manufactures livestock implants and external RFID devices. Civil liberties advocates heralded the sale of Xmark as a death blow to human RFID implants. But now former CEO Scott Silverman is back in control, after his company R & R Consulting Partners, bought a controlling share of the VeriChip Corporation.

Quote: "Silverman commented on the transaction, "The prior controlling stockholder of the Company preferred a different path for the Company, which could have jeopardized the value of our FDA-cleared, first-of-a-kind medical device for patient identification. I couldn't let that happen. Our stockholders and the medical community believe in the value of our technology and its ability to evolve patient care and medical record access. I am eager to reignite the VeriMed Health Link business including our patient, hospital and physician outreach activities. We will focus once again on our core geographies and ensure our important relationships with advocacy groups are maintained and successful. Furthermore, we will continue the development of the glucose-sensing microchip in conjunction with RECEPTORS LLC, who is making good progress. In the near future, we will update the investor community on the results of our Phase I development of the glucose sensor."

As you can see, the issue of the implantation and personal identification of human beings has not gone away. And with the present global financial turmoil and speculation about the crash of world currencies due to mounting world debt, we should be expecting these issues to be coming to the fore. The Bible speaks of a day in which it will be impossible for a person to buy or sell without having a name, a number or an identifying 'mark' in their right hand or forehead (Revelation 13:16-18). Many of the people that come to buy goods in our bookshop will use a credit card, even for very small transactions. How long will it be before cash is done away with completely and a new electronic currency is launched, with the aim of replacing our failed currencies and improving our personal and national security? As British Prime Minister Gordon Brown states, we now have the perfect opportunity to set such a system up. How do you establish, in Gordon Brown's own words, a true global society? One of the first things you need is a global currency. And it seems the prospect of that happening gets closer by the day. Jesus Christ is coming back. The Bible prophesies that financial turmoil would be one of the major conditions that would characterize the last days (Revelation 6:5-6). Amos 4:12 states, "Prepare to meet thy God". Have you made the proper preparation to meet God? Have you had your sins forgiven through trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation? Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation today.

VeriChip rises from the ashes

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2008, 11:13:41 PM »

Scientists find new penguin, extinct for 500 years

Ray Lilley
Wed Nov 19, 3:39 pm ET

WELLINGTON, New Zealand – Researchers studying a rare and endangered species of penguin have uncovered a previously unknown species that disappeared about 500 years ago.

The research suggests that the first humans in New Zealand hunted the newly found Waitaha penguin to extinction by 1500, about 250 years after their arrival on the islands. But the loss of the Waitaha allowed another kind of penguin to thrive — the yellow-eyed species that now also faces extinction, Philip Seddon of Otago University, a co-author of the study, said Wednesday.

The team was testing DNA from the bones of prehistoric modern yellow-eyed penguins for genetic changes associated with human settlement when it found some bones that were older — and had different DNA.

Tests on the older bones "lead us to describe a new penguin species that became extinct only a few hundred years ago," the team reported in a paper in the biological research journal Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences.

Polynesian settlers came to New Zealand around 1250 and are known to have hunted species such as the large, flightless moa bird to extinction.

Seddon said dating techniques used on bones pulled from old Maori trash pits revealed a gap in time between the disappearance of the Waitaha and the arrival of the yellow-eyed penguin.

The gap indicates the extinction of the older bird created the opportunity for the newer to colonize New Zealand's main islands around 500 years ago, said Sanne Boessenkool, an Otago University doctoral student who led the team of researchers, including some from Australia's Adelaide University and New Zealand's Canterbury Museum.

Competition between the two penguin species may have previously prevented the yellow-eyed penguin from expanding north, the researchers noted.

David Penny of New Zealand's Massey University, who was not involved in the research, said the Waitaha was an example of another native species that was unable to adapt to a human presence.

"In addition, it is vitally important to know how species, such as the yellow-eyed penguin, are able to respond to new opportunities," he said. "It is becoming apparent that some species can respond to things like climate change, and others cannot. The more we know, the more we can help."

The yellow-eyed penguin is considered one of the world's rarest. An estimated population of 7,000 in New Zealand is the focus of an extensive conservation effort.

Scientists find new penguin, extinct for 500 years
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Huh??

If this penguin is not extinct, as scientists have said.............  it show the limited knowledge of man. Ever wonder how many species are still alive, that are called extinct.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2008, 10:20:39 PM »

Super-Ant Taking Over Europe
by Robert Roy Britt
Wed Dec 3, 9:05 am ET

An ant species that originated in the Black Sea region has invaded more than 100 areas across Europe and is moving north. Scientists say if it is not stopped, it will reach Northern Germany, Scandinavia and Britain and could invade the whole world.

The pest, called Lasius neglectus, destroys native ant species as it invades new territory. It has also invaded much of Asia.

This week in the journal PLoS ONE, scientists presented the first thorough study of the intruder, which was discovered in 1990 after moving into Hungary.

"Its rapid spread through Europe and Asia [is] the most recent example of a pest ant that may become a global problem," the scientists write.

Ants rule

Ants thrive all over the world because they are very adaptive. Urban ants, for example, have adapted to the extreme heat of city living. Scientists estimate there are about 20,000 different species globally. The combined weight of ants in the Brazilian Amazon is thought to be four times greater than the combined mass of all of the mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians there.

When they arrive in new locations, ants can be extremely aggressive and very detrimental to local flora and fauna.

For example, The non-native red fire ant causes about $750 million of damage in the United States every year, the authors of the new study point out. And the Argentine ant has spread along thousands of miles of coastline in southern Europe, exterminating the natural insect fauna. In California, the Argentine ant armies have nearly wiped out all native ants.

Unbelieveable numbers

L. neglectus resembles the common black garden ant, but its colonies involve up to 100 times more workers. It frequently settles in parks and gardens, the researchers say, and it quickly exterminates native ants.

"When I saw this ant for the first time, I simply could not believe there could be so many garden ants in the same lawn," said University of Copenhagen researcher Jacobus J. Boomsma, a co-discoverer of the ant.

L. neglectus live in networks of interconnected nests, with many queens that mate underground and don't fly.

So how do they spread across a continent? They infest potted plants, and humans carry them far and wide, the researchers said.

"The future will therefore see many more ants become invasive, so it is about time we understand their biology and this study is a major step in that direction," said Jes S. Pedersen, who coordinates the invasive ant program in Copenhagen.

Super-Ant Taking Over Europe

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2008, 10:50:41 PM »

Christmas visit supports peace plan

Mahmoud Habboush
December 26. 2008 12:18AM UAE

ABU DHABI - Capping a symbolic trip to the Palestinian Territories, Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed, the Foreign Minister, attended midnight mass at the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem with Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian president, on Christmas Eve.

Earlier in the day, Sheikh Abdullah reiterated the UAE’s support for the Arab Peace Initiative, and gave his strong backing to Mr Abbas’s Palestinian Authority, which is struggling to control Hamas militants who continue to fire rockets into Israel and have started to openly question the legitimacy of his presidency.

The Foreign Minister urged Mr Abbas to continue to lead the Palestinian people after his term expires on Jan 9.

The UAE’s support of Mr Abbas is in line with the view of many Arab nations that a power vacuum in the occupied territories needs to be avoided to prevent further intra-Palestinian violence. The Emirates also believes the fresh impetus to the Middle East peace process that is likely to take place with the accession of the US president-elect, Barack Obama, will be the best opportunity in years to move forward the Arab initiative launched in 2002.

“We feel that it is in the interest of the Palestinian people and of the region at large that [Mr Abbas] should continue to lead his people, regardless of what effect this laborious task might have to his health and efforts,” Sheikh Abdullah said at a press conference with the Palestinian leader on Wednesday afternoon, according to the state news agency WAM.

After their talks, which coincided with Christmas celebrations in the West Bank city famed as the birthplace of Jesus, Sheikh Abdullah said the UAE hoped to persuade the Obama administration to adopt the Arab plan that was relaunched at an Arab summit in Riyadh last year.

The plan calls for a resolution of the Arab-Israeli conflict in return for Israel’s withdrawal from the Arab lands that it occupied in the 1967 Six Day War, including east Jerusalem. Israel initially expressed support for the plan, but its leaders have since voiced deep reservations over pulling out of east Jerusalem and resettling Palestinian refugees in Israel.

“The initiative is considered the solution to the region’s problems, to make our region a safe and stable place, enjoying development and prosperity,” Sheikh Abdullah said.

“We should bear in mind that the initiative has been driven not only by Arab countries, but also by the Islamic countries who unanimously adopted it during their conference in Tehran,” he said, referring to a meeting of Islamic nations in the Iranian capital last month, an apparent suggestion that even Iran would support the effort.

He noted that the 57 countries in the Organisation of the Islamic Conference said at the Tehran summit that they would be willing to normalise relations with Israel if the Jewish state adopts the initiative.

Both Mr Obama and Gordon Brown, the British prime minister, are believed to be favourably disposed to its general outlines, and Sheikh Abdullah suggested that after the Israeli elections would be an ideal time to move the plan forward.

Later on Wednesday evening, Sheikh Abdullah and his delegation joined Mr Abbas and Salam Fayad, the Palestinian prime minister, for mass at the Church of the Nativity before dining together, WAM said.

After the meal, Sheikh Abdullah again made clear the country’s support of Mr Abbas: “The UAE Government and people are all with the Palestinian people. We support you and Abu Mazen. I feel happy to be here in Palestine with our people to celebrate Christmas,” referring to the Palestinian leader by his Arab nickname.

Mr Abbas’s Fatah movement is struggling with Hamas, the Islamist group which seized control of Gaza in June 2007 and won national elections in Jan 2006. An Egyptian-brokered truce between Hamas and Israel in Gaza expired on Dec 19.

Since then, Israel has attacked presumed Hamas militants, while armed groups have fired rockets on Israeli cities bordering Gaza.Arab and western backing of Mr Abbas has allowed him in recent months to consolidate his authority in the West Bank, which is relatively quiet.

The deployment of newly trained Palestinian policemen in Jenin and Hebron and more development projects have created stability that contrasts with the dire living conditions in Gaza, which remains under Israeli siege. Rami Khouri, a Palestinian-Jordanian journalist and analyst, applauded Sheikh Abdullah’s visit but warned of the pitfalls of the appearance of taking sides in internal Palestinian disputes.

“Both Hamas and Fatah have popular legitimacy and both won elections, but both have also acted in immature ways,” Mr Khouri said.

Christmas visit supports peace plan
~~~~~~~~~

Hmmmmmmmm A possible "Covenant with Many"??

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the