Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:47:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Signs of the Lord's Return and the End of the Age
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Signs of the Lord's Return and the End of the Age  (Read 119128 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2008, 02:02:05 PM »

Axis of Evil gifts: ICBMs from N. Korea to Iran
December 24, 2008

WASHINGTON — The U.S. intelligence community has concluded that North Korea could export intercontinental ballistic missiles or technology to Iran over the next year.

"North Korea, I think, does have intercontinental ballistic missiles that can reach the United States," Adm. Timothy Keating, chief of U.S. Pacific Command, said. "Remember, that would include Hawaii and territories of the United States in our area of responsibility in the Pacific. So yes, I think they do have that capability."

In a briefing on Dec. 18, Keating said the U.S. military was preparing for long-range missile strikes by Pyongyang, Middle East Newsline reported. The admiral said Pacific Command has been increasing capabilities in missile defense.

North Korea has been assisting the medium- and intermediate-range missile programs of Iran and Syria. Officials said Pyongyang has also sought to export ballistic missile systems to Libya, Sudan and Yemen.

"We think Iran will be the first to receive North Korea's ICBM systems and technology," an official said. "From there, the capability could be exported anywhere."

Axis of Evil gifts: ICBMs from N. Korea to Iran

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2009, 11:11:02 PM »

North Korea vows to bolster its military in 2009
By HYUNG-JIN KIM, Associated Press Writer Hyung-jin Kim, Associated Press Writer Thu Jan 1, 5:50 am ET

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea ushered in 2009 with an appeal Thursday to unite around leader Kim Jong Il and bolster the country's military while reaffirming its commitment to denuclearization.

North Korea traditionally marks New Year's Day with a joint editorial by the country's three major state-run newspapers representing its communist party, military and youth militia force. Outside observers pore over the statement for insight on the reclusive country's policy direction.

This year's message accused South Korea of an "anachronistic confrontation policy" and stressed the need to strengthen the country's 1.2 million-member military — the backbone of Kim's totalitarian rule.

However, it lacked the country's usual criticisms of the United States, an indication the country may hope to build up ties with the incoming government of President-elect Barack Obama.

"North Korea didn't issue insults for the U.S. in this year's editorial. That showed North Korea's expectation for the Obama government," said Paik Hak-soon, an analyst at the security think tank Sejong Institute in South Korea.

Obama has sought to emphasize his willingness to hold direct talks with the North — including possibly meeting with leader Kim.

Kim Ho-nyeon, a spokesman at the South Korean Unification Ministry, noted later Thursday that New Year's messages in 1993 and 2001 also didn't criticize the U.S., shortly before former President Bill Clinton and current President George W. Bush were inaugurated.

In other New Year's messages, the North has accused the U.S. of plotting a war against it and demanded that Washington withdraw its 28,000 troops from South Korea.

Tension on the Korean peninsula has run high since South Korean President Lee Myung-bak, a pro-U.S. conservative, took office in February with a pledge to take a tough line on the North. Ties worsened last month as North Korea restricted traffic at the border, expelled some South Koreans from a joint industrial zone and suspended a tour program to an ancient North Korean city.

Lee has questioned key reconciliation accords his liberal predecessors signed with the North and recently sponsored a U.N. resolution denouncing North Korea's human rights record. The North has also bristled at Seoul's failure to stop activists from sending anti-Pyongyang leaflets across the border.

On Thursday, a group of South Korean activists flew balloons carrying about 3,000 leaflets to the North from Imjingak, a South Korean border town. The leaflets criticized Kim Jong Il's dictatorship and policies that have put the country's 23 million people on the brink of starvation.

The New Year message, carried by the country's official Korean Central News Agency and broadcast by state television, said the North's military should strengthen its discipline by upholding "the idea, intention, order and instruction of the Supreme Commander."

The title refers to Kim, who has initiated a "military-first policy" making the country's top priority the strengthening of its armed forces.

"We should continue to put utmost efforts to building up the country's military strength in line with the requirements of the prevailing situation," it said.

Kim has been the focus of intense speculation since he reportedly suffered a stroke and underwent brain surgery in August. The North has denied its 66-year-old was ever ill, churning out a slew of reports and photos depicting him as healthy and active.

The statement also restated the country's commitment to a nuclear-free Korea.

"The independent foreign policy of our Republic to denuclearize the Korean peninsula and defend peace and security of Northeast Asia and the rest of the world is demonstrating its validity more fully as the days go by," it said.

The editorial said the North plans to develop relations with "the countries friendly toward us."

Paik said the remarks show the North's willingness to "actively" cooperate in furthering disarmament talks if it has improved ties with the U.S. under Obama's new administration.

The North Korean nuclear talks ended in a stalemate last month over Pyongyang's refusal to put into writing commitments on inspecting its past nuclear activities, blocking progress on an aid-for-disarmament agreement reached last year.

North Korea vows to bolster its military in 2009

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2009, 04:38:51 PM »

Very interesting signs coming in the sun and the moon in 2014-2015, according to 'Prophecy in the News' with J.R. Church and Gary Stearman.

This past Sept. 2008 at Rosh HaShanna, began a sabbatical week of years according to the Jewish calendar. That 7 years will end in a very unusual way. Beginning September 25, 2014 and ending September 13, 2015, there will be a series of 4 lunar eclipses. The first happens to fall on Passover, April 15, 2014 will be a blood red moon, and another on the Feast of Tabernacles, October 8, 2014. Then another on Passover, April 4, 2015, and the following feast of Tabernacles, September 28, 2015.

This doesn't happen that often in history. Four, total blood red moons is called a 'Tetrad'. These are the only ones that happen on Passover and Tabernacles in the whole century. The last time this happened was in 1967/68 running parallel to Jerusalem being recaptured in the Six Day War. Before those in 67/68, was another 'Tetrad' in 1949, immediately after Israel became a nation. Very interesting! Again, the next time this 'Tetrad' fell on Passover and Tabernacles was in 1493/94 after the Jews were kicked out of Spain. So each time these happened it looks as if it is tied to the Jewish people. Passover, by the way, is the first of the 7 Feast of Israel and Tabernacles is the 7th of those feasts as recorded in Leviticus.

There seems to be a distinct astronomical parenthesis around these events. Stearman goes on to quote Matthew 24:29:

"Immediately after the Tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened and the moon not give her light..."

Could this be a natural cycle of the eclipses happening in the 7th year of the cycle? Interestingly enough, there is also a solar eclipse on Rosh HaShanna, 2015, and 6 months later, a total solar eclipse on Nisan 1, 2015, which is the beginning of the year on the Jewish calendar, which is also when Moses set up the Tabernacle and the Glory of God fell. J.R. Church goes on to say this is no coincidence, you can go on a computer site and look these up and there are no more for the rest of the century that fall on these feasts listed in Leviticus. He believes something could very well be marked by God for us around this time and we should be aware of this unusual occurence.

In 2008, 2009 and 2010 there are 3 solar eclipses that fall on the Jewish calendar on the 1st of Av (usually around our August).

Some very interesting information. Is God showing us something?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2009, 06:24:12 PM »

There are a number of problems with this theory and that is exactly what it is ... a theory and not a fact. The most important is the fact that these sort of things are used to attempt to place a date and time of the rapture and the second coming of Jesus Christ. Another problem being that not all lunar eclipses cause a blood red moon. Sometimes it will cause a bright orange, dark brown or even a very dark gray colored moon. This color phenomenon cannot be gauged ahead of time. Many things come into play that determine the coloring of the moon at the time. Dust and moisture particles in the earth's atmosphere, the angle at which the eclipse is viewable (it may appear red to some but other colors to others).

The dates are also a bit off. The Feast of Tabernacles in 2014 doesn't start until the day after the lunar eclipse which is the same as the solar eclipse in 2015 with Rosh HaShanah.

Acts 2:20, which is a repeat of Joe 2:31 and mentioned again in Rev 6:12, gives us a scenario where the darkening of the sun and the moon turning to blood occurs at the same time. Rev 6:12 also tells us that a great earthquake will happen first. Perhaps one that will cause the situation with the sun and moon? The reddish moon ever seen according to written history was caused by the dust in the atmosphere after the eruption of Krakatoa. The moon was seen as a deep blood red for over a month.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2009, 01:12:01 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I've read several highly detailed and complex studies regarding signs in the Heavens. There is a common denominator in most of them:  they forget that GOD can cause whatever signs in the Heavens that HE wants to at any time. HE is not bound by the laws of nature that HE devised and put into place. However, I have found the studies to be very interesting. Another common denominator appears to revolve around known cycles and alignments of various stars. We must remember that GOD is in charge of all and can change whatever he pleases. I specifically remember a lengthy study done by a friend that obviously took him years to complete. Unfortunately, he set a date, and that date came and went.

I think that one of the most important things to remember #1 is that GOD is totally in charge, and HE does what HE pleases in the Heavens and on the Earth. I'm convinced that ONLY GOD can align all the signs and events according to HIS Perfect Will and timing. We really don't know if the signs will resemble what we expect in NATURE using SCIENTIFIC methods. The key important thing to remember #2 is that NATURE belongs to GOD, and any sort of so-called SCIENCE must be based on what GOD CREATED. Mankind - with all of his supposed WISDOM - has only seen a glimpse of GOD'S CREATION, and we only THINK that we understand a tiny percentage of NATURE on our own planet - MUCH LESS THE HEAVENS. SO, mankind must be humbled before the CREATOR of ALL THINGS. All of our so-called discoveries of GREAT MAGNITUDE were BREATHED INTO PLACE by GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT. We are really back to falling on our faces before GOD and trying to IMAGINE the GREAT MAGNITUDE OF GOD'S MAJESTY, MIGHT, POWER, AND GLORY! I'm convinced that GOD will prove to the world that ALL GLORY IS HIS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN! There are no great men - JUST A GREAT GOD!

The ONLY REAL, GREAT, AND 100% ACCURATE SCIENCE BOOK IS THE HOLY BIBLE, GOD'S WORD. GOD told us things that HE wanted us to know, and most things that HE wants us to know can be understood even by humans if we are diligent. In the end, I'm convinced that the things of man will be insignificant and NOT worthy of study. I'm not trying to offend REAL SCIENTISTS, rather just state the obvious that they aren't GOD and don't have a clue. The BEST REAL SCIENTISTS look to GOD and HIS WORD FIRST as the ULTIMATE MEASUREMENT OF ALL TRUTH! I am the most impressed with any so-called PROFESSIONAL who LOOKS TO GOD FIRST! WHY? The greatest questions of HUMANITY are answered in the HOLY BIBLE, and diligent study of the HOLY BIBLE requires the help of GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT. If Christians sincerely pray for help in the study of HIS WORD, GOD will provide that help according to HIS Will.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 12:2-3 NASB  "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD GOD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation." Therefore you will joyously draw water From the springs of salvation.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2009, 10:24:28 AM »

I think that one of the most important things to remember #1 is that GOD is totally in charge, and HE does what HE pleases in the Heavens and on the Earth. I'm convinced that ONLY GOD can align all the signs and events according to HIS Perfect Will and timing. We really don't know if the signs will resemble what we expect in NATURE using SCIENTIFIC methods. The key important thing to remember #2 is that NATURE belongs to GOD, and any sort of so-called SCIENCE must be based on what GOD CREATED.

Amen! I was thinking along those lines also but didn't express that thought at all. Thank you for defining it more clearly. This is the same thing that I have stated many times in reference to the false science of evolution and global warming.

Yes, the laws of science were designed by God and He can control them as He wishes. He can make the sun go out and start as He wishes. He can also make the moon pink with raspberry stripes if He so chooses. Once mankind thinks that they have all things figured out God will usually humble us by showing us that we in fact know very little at all.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2009, 12:24:08 PM »

Agreed with all of the above.

These men aren't trying to set a date for the rapture or the Second Coming, but are noticing that these are not common occurences. The fact that they occur within the framework of these next 7 years is very interesting though, and point them out only to glorify God who, they also agree, controls all things and holds allthings together by His Word.

The fact that they also coincide with these dates that God called our attention to in Leviticus CAN be something we might keep our eyes on. (Don't know if you ever saw their show on the internet, but they are very down to earth lovers of Jesus Christ).

Again, they're not date-setters but felt it was note-worthy that these events occur within this time. I would say they feel these next 7 years will contain many signs - as most of us do. Write it off if you will, I just thought it was very interesting.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2009, 01:17:36 PM »

I guess that we will just have to disagree then on this.

This article is about an interview of Mark Blitz by J.R. Church and Gary Stearman on "Prophecy in the News." A video of this interview is available on the internet and I have seen it already. Although each of these men have spoken against date setting before during the interview they called these incidents "time markers" and then tied it together with the rapture and the second coming. In fact about half way through the interview, just before their pitch for their magazine, they actually say that this incident in 2014-2015 is a "marker" for the coming of the Lord. They again reiterate later that this is in fact the Sabbatical year and "time for the Lord to appear."

This is quite clearly date setting.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2009, 01:18:34 PM »

Hello Sister Barbara,

I hope you don't think I was trying to argue. I merely wanted to add a thought to the discussion. Most Christians who seriously study Bible Prophecy would quickly agree that the End Days of this Age of Grace are growing near. We are currently watching the systems of man fall apart, certainly including this part of the world. We don't know what the resulting chaos will be yet, but this is only one piece of the Bible Prophecy Puzzle. We see many other things around the world that also clearly indicate the End Days of this Age of Grace are drawing near. How long? We really don't know, but this is a beautiful topic for Christians to discuss.

For Christians, this is a beautiful topic because it means that we will see our SAVIOUR face to face soon. It also means that the Promises of GOD will be fulfilled soon. These are things that the world doesn't want to hear about, and many might even think we've lost our minds in discussing the Precious Promises of GOD. One example I like to think about often is receiving our Glorified Body - Like the Body of JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF. Another example I love to think about is JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF making peace and taking HIS Rightful Throne in Jerusalem to rule over the world. Prior to the Rule and Reign of CHRIST, the world will experience 7 years of horror like nothing ever seen.

Sister Barbara, please accept my apology if you thought I was trying to argue. This is simply a topic I love to think about every day. All Christians should be anxiously awaiting HIS Glorious Appearance. The RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST could happen at any moment. These are exciting times for Christians as we consider what awaits us WITH CHRIST!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2009, 02:09:19 PM »

Thank you blackeyedpeas!

I, like them and you, also am so looking forward to the return of Our LORD and Master, Jesus Christ. I also picture that time and I do grab onto any hope or sign and watch to see if it harmonizes with Scripture - sometimes I've just got to wait to see.

Pastor Roger, they, like every other ministry on TV, have to support themselves. I pray you don't think these kind people are 'pitching' their products. J.R. Church has re-mortgaged his house a number of times in order to keep their studies going. I do receive their magazine - but when it expired a few years ago, they continued to send it for free for 2 and 1/2 years, not knowing I had cancer and couldn't donate at the time - they never asked for any contribution.

Church has recently survived heart surgery which was quickly followed this past year by cancer surgery. His family lives modestly and they also love the coming of the LORD and report what they consider to be points of interest and hope for all of us in this dark world, that are waiting along with them. They are gentle men, sharing their studies.  When I called a few months ago after I learned of his surgery, his daughter answered and spoke so kindly. His daughter (who recently lost her husband) or wife usually answer, and never press for money.

I'm not saying that everything they say is totally correct, nor do they believe they are. They are just longing, like so many of us for that Great Day. We can disagree, Pastor Roger. I also respect your opinions very much, and have valued the information I've received so often from your hard work.

God Bless You!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2009, 03:11:07 PM »

Hello Sister Barbara,

Sister, I'm sorry to hear about your illness. If you mentioned it, I must have missed it. You will be in my prayers. I also suffer from a major illness and don't know what tomorrow might bring, but I've tried to learn how to live one day at a time IN CHRIST and know that my HOPE isn't in this world. Many Christians are suffering around the world with various kinds of trials, illness, persecution, imprisonment, beatings, and even execution. I think it's far past time for all Christians to pray for each other every day, even for the ones we don't know around the world. GOD didn't promise us an easy time in this short life, and we should know that the coming months and years may involve increasing difficulty. However, this day could also be our last day in this short life. We could physically die in many different ways, OR we could be caught up to meet the LORD in the air at any time. Regardless, we should simply place our trust and ourselves IN GOD. There should be JOY every morning in the sure knowledge of our HOPE, and there will be a day of rejoicing soon.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 89:13-16 NLT  Powerful is your arm! Strong is your hand! Your right hand is lifted high in glorious strength.  14  Your throne is founded on two strong pillars-righteousness and justice. Unfailing love and truth walk before you as attendants.  15  Happy are those who hear the joyful call to worship, for they will walk in the light of your presence, LORD.  16  They rejoice all day long in your wonderful reputation. They exult in your righteousness.

Psalms 118:19-24 NLT  Open for me the gates where the righteous enter, and I will go in and thank the LORD.  20  Those gates lead to the presence of the LORD, and the godly enter there.  21  I thank you for answering my prayer and saving me!  22  The stone rejected by the builders has now become the cornerstone.  23  This is the LORD'S doing, and it is marvelous to see.  24  This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2009, 03:38:19 PM »

Oh thank you blackeyedpeas,

But I have to add that right now I am cancer free!!!! Praise the LORD for His kindness and mercy!! (I should have mentioned that above). I still have complications but I agree and do hope and pray every day that he'll come soon. I will be praying for you also. I know each day is a gift from Him, and I have more time to be with my 13 year old and teach him more of the LORD's ways. He knows God heals and protects us and He can take us to be with Him at any time, and so he trust's in the LORD! I  can have no better gift than to know my son understands this.

My family and I will, and have, thanked God for you guys and the information and updates we get here. There is only one focus for us and that is to do and be in His Will!

We will be praying, brother, for your health and strength! May our merciful LORD bless you and keep you in His Hands!!!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2009, 04:06:36 PM »

THANKS SISTER BARBARA!

GOD has already blessed us both in countless ways. I'm happy to hear that you are now cancer free. You'll need a lot of that extra energy to keep up with you teenage son in those typically difficult years. I'll just say that I wouldn't want to go through those years again, and I give thanks that my parents decided to let me live.   Smiley

All of our children are grown, and I give thanks for three grandsons. My daughter and her family will be moving back closer to us in a little more than a year, so we will get to see them often. There's always a huge list of things to give thanks for.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2009, 04:27:46 PM »

Grin Oh yes, I need the energy and a clear mind. I just turned 56. We had him when I was 42 (and was told that I would never have children!) So he is our only child and I must say a blessing above any blessings except for when the LORD came into my life!
But OH how I need that energy!!  Smiley
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2009, 06:24:51 PM »

Hello sister,

I was only using the "pitch for their magazine" statement as a means to describe where on the video that the statement was made. I do understand that it costs a lot of money for air time and that the money has to come from somewhere. I didn't mean that as a derogatory statement.

I, too, am sorry to hear of your battle with cancer. Praise God that you are currently cancer free and my prayers will be that you stay that way as well as for the energy to keep up with your son. I am just a few years older than you and don't have the energy to keep up with myself let a alone a teenager.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the