Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:24:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  BBC show exposes global warming 'lies'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BBC show exposes global warming 'lies'  (Read 10345 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2007, 10:21:29 PM »

BBC show exposes global warming 'lies' 
Documentary's scientists, climatologists agree: 'The whole thing stinks'

"THE ICE IS MELTING," blares the opening headline in the latest TV documentary on global warming. Amid thunderous music and video bites of furious ocean waves, melting glaciers and tornadoes, the headlines continue:

"THE SEA IS RISING."

"HURRICANES ARE BLOWING."

"AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT."

But then, the dramatic BBC documentary deviates from the rest of today's dire presentations on impending global-warming disaster. The headlines continue:

"SCARED?"

"DON'T BE."

"IT'S NOT TRUE."

In "The Great Global Warming Swindle," British TV director Martin Durkin interviews scientist after scientist who claim the current hysteria over global warming is, in a word, nonsense.

Here's how the announcer introduces the controversy at the outset of the 60-minute program:

"Manmade global warming is no longer just a theory about climate change. It is the defining moral and political cause of our age. Campaigners say the time for debate is over. Any criticism, no matter how scientifically rigorous, is illegitimate – even worse, dangerous.

"But in this film, it will be shown that the earth's climate is always changing, that there is nothing unusual about the current temperature, and that the scientific evidence does not support the notion that climate is driven by carbon dioxide, manmade or otherwise.

"Everywhere, you are told that manmade climate change is proved beyond doubt.

"But you are being told lies."

Currently, the video is going viral in the online world, and threatens to break the stranglehold that global-warming hysteria has on the world's major media.

But what's behind the hysteria?

The current edition of WND's popular Whistleblower magazine – titled "HYSTERIA: Exposing the secret agenda behind today's obsession with global warming" – reveals why so many scientists, journalists and others are so gripped by global warming fever.

Whistleblower shows how all the main players – from politicians and scientists to big corporations and the United Nations – benefit from instilling fear into billions of human beings over the unproven theory of man-made global warming. Indeed, just three weeks after the U.N. ratcheted up international fears over global warming, a panel of 18 scientists from 11 countries has now reported to the U.N. that the only thing that can stop catastrophic climate change is a global tax.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 11:46:36 AM »

WOW! - I think that most people knew from the beginning that all of this "global warming" fear-mongering was a complete hoax, and now we find out that it was all about a global tax. They can forget about the global tax and any other global plans they might have. In my opinion, I think it is far past time to send the U.N. home and stop spending a penny of taxpayer money to keep the completely corrupt organization afloat. BUT, I'm far too shy on this subject.   Wink

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 11:51:32 AM »

BUT, I'm far too shy on this subject.

Yep.   Wink Grin Grin

The UN needed to be disbanded a long time ago as a worthless organization.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
jgarden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 02:04:35 PM »

Signed but not ratified
 Croatia
 Kazakhstan

Signed but not intending to ratify
 Australia
 United States

Not signed and not ratified
 Afghanistan
 Andorra
 Angola
 Bosnia and Herzegovina
 Brunei
 Central African Republic
 Chad
 Comoros
 Republic of the Congo
 Côte d'Ivoire
 Iraq
 Montenegro
 Saint Kitts and Nevis
 San Marino
 São Tomé and Príncipe
 Serbia
 Somalia
 Tajikistan
 Timor-Leste
 Tonga
 Turkey
 Zimbabwe
 Sahrawi Republic (Western Sahara)
 Palestine
 Republic of China (Taiwan)
 Vatican City

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kyoto_Protocol_signatories
Afghanistan, Iraq, Serbia, Palestine, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Côte d'Ivoire - America has chosen to associate herself with that "elite" group who haven't succumbed to "global warming" hysteria.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 02:07:17 PM by jgarden » Logged

jgarden
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 02:29:32 PM »

Afghanistan, Iraq, Serbia, Palestine, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Côte d'Ivoire - America has chosen to associate herself with that "elite" group who haven't succumbed to "global warming" hysteria.

The word is "not yet". There is however those in Congress that do want to ratify it and so do some of those that are currently running for President.

jgarden

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 02:47:06 PM »

Business Environmental Leadership Council (BELC)
Related Content
 BELC Company GHG Reduction Targets

The Pew Center's Business Environmental Leadership Council (BELC) was created at the Center’s inception under the belief that business engagement is critical for developing efficient, effective solutions to the climate problem.  We
also believe that companies taking early action on climate strategies and policy will gain sustained competitive advantage over their peers. 

The BELC is now the largest U.S.-based association of corporations focused on addressing the challenges
of climate change, with 42 members representing $2.4 trillion in market capitalization and over 3.3 million employees.

ABB
 Air Products
 Alcan
 Alcoa Inc.
 American Electric Power
 Bank of America
 Baxter International Inc.
 The Boeing Company
 BP
 California Portland Cement Co.
 CH2M HILL
 Cummins Inc.
 Deutsche Telekom
 DTE Energy
 Duke Energy
 DuPont
 Entergy
 Exelon
 GE
 Georgia-Pacific
 Hewlett-Packard Company
 Holcim (US) Inc.
 IBM
 Intel
 Interface Inc.
 John Hancock Financial
 Lockheed Martin
 Marsh, Inc.
 Novartis
 Ontario Power Generation
 PG&E Corporation
 Rio Tinto
 Rohm and Haas
 Royal Dutch/Shell
 SC Johnson
 Sunoco
 Toyota
 TransAlta
 United Technologies
 Weyerhaeuser
 Whirlpool Corporation
 Wisconsin Energy
http://www.pewclimate.org/companies_leading_the_way_belc/company_profiles/index.cfm

Corporations with a combined total of 3.3 million employees and $2.4 trillion in market capitalization have the personel and scientific expertise to evaluate whether "global warming" is "hysteria" or based on the best scientific research available.

In addition to the general concensus of the world scientific community, can the "global warming" skeptics also match the scientific and corporate resources available to BELC ?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 03:19:42 PM by jgarden » Logged

jgarden
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 03:16:49 PM »

Corporations with a combined total of 3.3 million employees and $2.4 trillion in market capitalization have the personel, resources and scientific expertise to evaluate whether "global warming" is "hysteria" or based on the best scientific research available.

Or is that they have the desire to capitalize on global warming hysteria. As it has already been said those that go along with this climate change theory all have something to gain from it.

Scientists that have nothing to gain in either direction are the ones that have dispelled the global warming theories.

For us that are Christians we have the promise of God that we will have a change of seasons as long as the earth exists.

Gen 8:22  While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 03:18:01 PM »

I would wonder how many of these companies stand to profit from a new global tax in some way. Something is beginning to stink here, most especially Al Gore and the U.N.

I could see that the wool could be pulled over the eyes of some companies and other companies with customary ties to environmental groups. I know there are some well-meaning environmental groups, but it does make one wonder when they and well-known companies are tied to a massive hoax like this and global taxes. I'll just go ahead and say that I think Al Gore knew it was a hoax from the very beginning. Did you hear that Al?   Grin

This really isn't much of a laughing matter because they did plan to swindle us out of tons of money. I think that charges need to be filed against Al Gore and others.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 03:34:42 PM »

ABB produces environmentally friendly motors, generators, drives and power electronics products etc.

Air Products produces hydrogen related products (including hydrogen fuel stations) and other environmentally friendly devices.

Alcan receives numerous tax exemptions for being environmentally friendly. It also produces environmentally frindly products such as Solar Cookers.

This is just to name a few on the list.

jgarden

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 03:47:13 PM »

"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand."
-James Watt, Secretary of the Interior during the Regan years.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Are you contending the the scientific community and the following members of the BELC are part of an international conspiracy ?

ABB
 Air Products
 Alcan
 Alcoa Inc.
 American Electric Power
 Bank of America
 Baxter International Inc.
 The Boeing Company
 BP
 California Portland Cement Co.
 CH2M HILL
 Cummins Inc.
 Deutsche Telekom
 DTE Energy
 Duke Energy
 DuPont
 Entergy
 Exelon
 GE
 Georgia-Pacific
 Hewlett-Packard Company
 Holcim (US) Inc.
 IBM
 Intel
 Interface Inc.
 John Hancock Financial
 Lockheed Martin
 Marsh, Inc.
 Novartis
 Ontario Power Generation
 PG&E Corporation
 Rio Tinto
 Rohm and Haas
 Royal Dutch/Shell
 SC Johnson
 Sunoco
 Toyota
 TransAlta
 United Technologies
 Weyerhaeuser
 Whirlpool Corporation
 Wisconsin Energy

2. Can you produce the names and findings of some of these scientists who have "nothing to gain in either direction."

3. " 8: And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the LORD which sanctify you.
   9: For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.'
-Leviticus 20:8-9

Can Christians quote Genesis 8:22 but not Leviticus 20:9 ?

jgarden
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 03:58:40 PM »

Are you contending the the scientific community and the following members of the BELC are part of an international conspiracy ?

As stated in my above posts they all have their objectives and reasons for doing what they are doing.

Can Christians quote Genesis 8:22 but not Leviticus 20:9 ?

What does this have to do with the subject?

As for the scientists mentioned some of them are named in the BBC show.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 04:01:33 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 04:03:58 PM »

jgarden,

I don't follow your line of thinking at all with the Scriptures that you quoted.

If you are saying that you believe the global warming hoax, maybe you can get a job with the elect Al Gore bunch. I don't believe it and never did. The reasons are a laughing matter. We don't cause solar storms and flares from earth. If we did, emissions from cows would need to be the first thing brought under control.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 04:17:44 PM »

Or perhaps a job defining the cause of global warming on Mars.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says

Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent climate changes have a natural—and not a human-induced—cause, according to one scientist's controversial theory.

Earth is currently experiencing rapid warming, which the vast majority of climate scientists says is due to humans pumping huge amounts of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

Mars, too, appears to be enjoying more mild and balmy temperatures.

In 2005 data from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor and Odyssey missions revealed that the carbon dioxide "ice caps" near Mars's south pole had been diminishing for three summers in a row.

Habibullo Abdussamatov, head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, says the Mars data is evidence that the current global warming on Earth is being caused by changes in the sun.

"The long-term increase in solar irradiance is heating both Earth and Mars," he said.

Solar Cycles

Abdussamatov believes that changes in the sun's heat output can account for almost all the climate changes we see on both planets.

Mars and Earth, for instance, have experienced periodic ice ages throughout their histories.

By studying fluctuations in the warmth of the sun, Abdussamatov believes he can see a pattern that fits with the ups and downs in climate we see on Earth and Mars.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 04:32:17 PM »

60 Scientists Debunk Global Warming Fears

Earlier this year, a group of prominent scientists came forward to question the so-called “consensus” that the Earth faces a “climate emergency.” On April 6, 2006, 60 scientists wrote a letter to the Canadian Prime Minister asserting that the science is deteriorating from underneath global warming alarmists.

“Observational evidence does not support today's computer climate models, so there is little reason to trust model predictions of the future…Significant [scientific] advances have been made since the [Kyoto] protocol was created, many of which are taking us away from a concern about increasing greenhouse gases. If, back in the mid-1990s, we knew what we know today about climate, Kyoto would almost certainly not exist, because we would have concluded it was not necessary,” the 60 scientists wrote.

“It was only 30 years ago that many of today's global-warming alarmists were telling us that the world was in the midst of a global-cooling catastrophe. But the science continued to evolve, and still does, even though so many choose to ignore it when it does not fit with predetermined political agendas,” the 60 scientists concluded.

This is just a few of the scientists that disagree with global warming:

Dr. Ian D. Clark, professor, isotope hydrogeology and paleoclimatology, Dept. of Earth Sciences, University of Ottawa

Dr. Tad Murty, former senior research scientist, Dept. of Fisheries and Oceans, former director of Australia's National Tidal Facility and professor of earth sciences, Flinders University, Adelaide; currently adjunct professor, Departments of Civil Engineering and Earth Sciences, University of Ottawa

Dr. R. Timothy Patterson, professor, Dept. of Earth Sciences (paleoclimatology), Carleton University, Ottawa

Dr. Fred Michel, director, Institute of Environmental Science and associate professor, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Carleton University, Ottawa

Dr. Madhav Khandekar, former research scientist, Environment Canada. Member of editorial board of Climate Research and Natural Hazards

Dr. Paul Copper, FRSC, professor emeritus, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ont.

Dr. Ross McKitrick, associate professor, Dept. of Economics, University of Guelph, Ont.

Dr. Tim Ball, former professor of climatology, University of Winnipeg; environmental consultant

Dr. Andreas Prokoph, adjunct professor of earth sciences, University of Ottawa; consultant in statistics and geology

Mr. David Nowell, M.Sc. (Meteorology), fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society, Canadian member and past chairman of the NATO Meteorological Group, Ottawa

Dr. Christopher Essex, professor of applied mathematics and associate director of the Program in Theoretical Physics, University of Western Ontario, London, Ont.

Dr. Gordon E. Swaters, professor of applied mathematics, Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, and member, Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Research Group, University of Alberta

Dr. L. Graham Smith, associate professor, Dept. of Geography, University of Western Ontario, London, Ont.

Dr. G. Cornelis van Kooten, professor and Canada Research Chair in environmental studies and climate change, Dept. of Economics, University of Victoria

Dr. Petr Chylek, adjunct professor, Dept. of Physics and Atmospheric Science, Dalhousie University, Halifax

Dr./Cdr. M. R. Morgan, FRMS, climate consultant, former meteorology advisor to the World Meteorological Organization. Previously research scientist in climatology at University of Exeter, U.K.

Dr. Keith D. Hage, climate consultant and professor emeritus of Meteorology, University of Alberta

Dr. David E. Wojick, P.Eng., energy consultant, Star Tannery, Va., and Sioux Lookout, Ont.

Rob Scagel, M.Sc., forest microclimate specialist, principal consultant, Pacific Phytometric Consultants, Surrey, B.C.

Dr. Douglas Leahey, meteorologist and air-quality consultant, Calgary

Paavo Siitam, M.Sc., agronomist, chemist, Cobourg, Ont.

Dr. Chris de Freitas, climate scientist, associate professor, The University of Auckland, N.Z.

Dr. Richard S. Lindzen, Alfred P. Sloan professor of meteorology, Dept. of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Dr. Freeman J. Dyson, emeritus professor of physics, Institute for Advanced Studies, Princeton, N.J.

Mr. George Taylor, Dept. of Meteorology, Oregon State University; Oregon State climatologist; past president, American Association of State Climatologists

Dr. Ian Plimer, professor of geology, School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Adelaide; emeritus professor of earth sciences, University of Melbourne, Australia

Dr. R.M. Carter, professor, Marine Geophysical Laboratory, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia

Mr. William Kininmonth, Australasian Climate Research, former Head National Climate Centre, Australian Bureau of Meteorology; former Australian delegate to World Meteorological Organization Commission for Climatology, Scientific and Technical Review

Dr. Hendrik Tennekes, former director of research, Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute

Dr. Gerrit J. van der Lingen, geologist/paleoclimatologist, Climate Change Consultant, Geoscience Research and Investigations, New Zealand

Dr. Patrick J. Michaels, professor of environmental sciences, University of Virginia

Dr. Nils-Axel Morner, emeritus professor of paleogeophysics & geodynamics, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden

Dr. Gary D. Sharp, Center for Climate/Ocean Resources Study, Salinas, Calif.

Dr. Roy W. Spencer, principal research scientist, Earth System Science Center, The University of Alabama, Huntsville

Dr. Al Pekarek, associate professor of geology, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Dept., St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, Minn.

Dr. Marcel Leroux, professor emeritus of climatology, University of Lyon, France; former director of Laboratory of Climatology, Risks and Environment, CNRS

Dr. Paul Reiter, professor, Institut Pasteur, Unit of Insects and Infectious Diseases, Paris, France. Expert reviewer, IPCC Working group II, chapter 8 (human health)

Dr. Zbigniew Jaworowski, physicist and chairman, Scientific Council of Central Laboratory for Radiological Protection, Warsaw, Poland

Dr. Sonja Boehmer-Christiansen, reader, Dept. of Geography, University of Hull, U.K.; editor, Energy & Environment

Dr. Hans H.J. Labohm, former advisor to the executive board, Clingendael Institute (The Netherlands Institute of International Relations) and an economist who has focused on climate change

Dr. Lee C. Gerhard, senior scientist emeritus, University of Kansas, past director and state geologist, Kansas Geological Survey

Dr. Asmunn Moene, past head of the Forecasting Centre, Meteorological Institute, Norway

Dr. August H. Auer, past professor of atmospheric science, University of Wyoming; previously chief meteorologist, Meteorological Service (MetService) of New Zealand

Dr. Vincent Gray, expert reviewer for the IPCC and author of The Greenhouse Delusion: A Critique of 'Climate Change 2001,' Wellington, N.Z.

Dr. Howard Hayden, emeritus professor of physics, University of Connecticut

Dr Benny Peiser, professor of social anthropology, Faculty of Science, Liverpool John Moores University, U.K.

Dr. Jack Barrett, chemist and spectroscopist, formerly with Imperial College London, U.K.

Dr. William J.R. Alexander, professor emeritus, Dept. of Civil and Biosystems Engineering, University of Pretoria, South Africa. Member, United Nations Scientific and Technical Committee on Natural Disasters, 1994-2000

Dr. S. Fred Singer, professor emeritus of environmental sciences, University of Virginia; former director, U.S. Weather Satellite Service

Dr. Harry N.A. Priem, emeritus professor of planetary geology and isotope geophysics, Utrecht University; former director of the Netherlands Institute for Isotope Geosciences; past president of the Royal Netherlands Geological & Mining Society

Dr. Robert H. Essenhigh, E.G. Bailey professor of energy conversion, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University

Dr. Sallie Baliunas, astrophysicist and climate researcher, Boston, Mass.

Douglas Hoyt, senior scientist at Raytheon (retired) and co-author of the book The Role of the Sun in Climate Change; previously with NCAR, NOAA, and the World Radiation Center, Davos, Switzerland

Dipl.-Ing. Peter Dietze, independent energy advisor and scientific climate and carbon modeller, official IPCC reviewer, Bavaria, Germany

Dr. Boris Winterhalter, senior marine researcher (retired), Geological Survey of Finland, former professor in marine geology, University of Helsinki, Finland

Dr. Wibjorn Karlen, emeritus professor, Dept. of Physical Geography and Quaternary Geology, Stockholm University, Sweden

Dr. Hugh W. Ellsaesser, physicist/meteorologist, previously with the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Calif.; atmospheric consultant.

Dr. Art Robinson, founder, Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine, Cave Junction, Ore.

Dr. Arthur Rorsch, emeritus professor of molecular genetics, Leiden University, The Netherlands; past board member, Netherlands organization for applied research (TNO) in environmental, food and public health

Dr. Alister McFarquhar, Downing College, Cambridge, U.K.; international economist

Dr. Richard S. Courtney, climate and atmospheric science consultant, IPCC expert reviewer, U.K.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 08:33:54 PM »

I'm not a scientist, but I do wonder if greatly increased solar activity could have anything to do with warming. In terms of HEAT, those solar storms and flares pack a wallop. If they didn't have an effect on earth, I wouldn't understand WHY NOT. I'm not a scientist, but this would seem to be a matter of common sense.

Huh   Roll Eyes   Cheesy   Grin   Shocked   Cool

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the