Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:25:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Firefox 2.0.0.2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Firefox 2.0.0.2  (Read 6075 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2007, 02:21:03 PM »

Firefox 2.0.0.2 is now out and available for download. A number of security issues have been fixed in the new release. Many enhancements and fixes for Windows Vista are included. Plus a few other things that probably won't affect most users here.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 10:28:34 AM »

Brother Roger,

I did install it and used the auto-update for the first time. It was really nice to have such a small download automatically install itself. I did read about some security enhancements, but I really can't tell much of a difference in anything else.

I really came over in this area to post about several really nice extensions for Firefox when I saw your post. So, I'm off to make a couple of posts about extensions.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 10:47:53 AM »

Ever since I downloaded firefox 2.0.0.2 I can't see any of the animations here in the forum. Any suggestions?

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 10:59:15 AM »

I haven't had any problems with it at all. In fact I just got finished installing it in my wife's computer yesterday. She was having problems with an older version of FireFox. I uninstalled the older version and installed the new one and it corrected the problems. You might try uninstalling it completely and then installing it again.

When I do that I run a registry cleaner in between the uninstall and install to clean out erroneous files that the uninstall doesn't get. This action takes care of any FireFox files that may be corrupted.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 11:09:29 AM »

I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but I didn't use a registry cleaner. What registry cleaner would you suggest?

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 11:27:33 AM »

I am sure that there are some free ones out there that are very good ones. I use Registry Mechanic myself. My son got it for me. It does cost a bit though.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 11:30:40 AM »

I would need a free one, that does a good job, but doesn't create any problems  Undecided

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 11:40:20 AM »

I'll do some research on that. In the meantime maybe someone else on here knows of a good free one.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 11:55:27 AM »

Thanks  Cheesy

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 05:33:25 AM »

Hello Sister Maria,

Try CCleaner from SnapFiles. I've been using it for years. It's excellent and completely free.

That's a very strange problem you are talking about, and I really don't think that it has anything to do with Firefox. I do know that I had all kinds of strange problems after I tried to install Internet Explorer 7. I only tried it several hours, but my computer hasn't been right since then. I did remove Internet Explorer 7 and turned off Windows Update, but I still have all kinds of problems that I think were all related to Windows products, not Firefox. In fact, I spent most of today with a crashed computer, and all of the problems were with Windows. Of course, with me, it could also have been operator error, but I don't think so. I think it's Bill Gates, REALLY.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 10:35:09 AM »

Hello Sister Maria,

all of the problems were with Windows. Of course, with me, it could also have been operator error, but I don't think so. I think it's Bill Gates, REALLY.

I have been having problems with windows too and so has my husband. Do you think Bill Gates is trying to make us all upgrade to Vista???   Grin Grin Grin Grin
I have a sneaky feeling he does.
My husband bought me Vista, but then he had to buy me a new motherboard, now he has to buy me a new power supply that will work with it and a hard drive that will work with it, and new memory because the memory I have won't work with it, and a new case because the case I have won't work for the motherboard, and a new video card and a sound card. SEE WHAT I MEAN? He wants MORE MONEY

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 10:52:41 AM »

Yep, he wants more money. That's why he is jumping into the political and global warming arena  .... sorry about repeating myself like that. Global warming and the political arena are one and the same, it's all politics.  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed   Grin Grin Grin Grin

I haven't had any problems with windows but then I didn't install IE 7 on mine or my wifes computer. I stayed away from it.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 12:00:56 PM »

I didn't install IE7 either, after seeing all the problems it caused on my husband's laptop. He had to uninstall it and install Mozzila

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 05:28:33 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I'm still having all kinds of problems. I installed IE7 again, hoping that it would end some of the problems. I thought it might have something to do with portions of IE6 disabled when I took IE7 off the computer. I don't have a verdict yet, but I've had nothing but problems since I first installed IE7. It's almost as if Bill Gates has taken control over my computer and decide what programs I use or don't use.   ???

Frankly, all of the crashes have gotten beyond irritating, and things were working pretty smoothly before I installed IE7 the first time. It's installed again now, and the computer is trying to work again. I did list IE7 as the primary browser, and that appears to be what started things to working again. I could obviously be wrong, but this appears to be the source of all kinds of problems.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 05:52:30 PM »

Hmmmmm .....  sounds like a spinoff of the Twilight Zone. Instead of controlling your TV it's controlling your computer.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the