Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:02:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Firefox 2.0.0.2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Firefox 2.0.0.2  (Read 6100 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 10:22:57 AM »

Hmmmmm .....  sounds like a spinoff of the Twilight Zone. Instead of controlling your TV it's controlling your computer.

Grin Grin Grin It's more like the Bill Gates Zone. Brother Tom is right he is trying to control everyone's computer.

Firefox has a new update 2.0.0.3, I downloaded it yesterday.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 10:55:31 AM »

Or perhaps it's more like the Outer Limits ......

"There is nothing wrong with your computer. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are now controlling the transmission. We control the horizontal and the vertical. We can deluge you with a thousand files or expand one file to complete chaos - and beyond. We can shape your vision to anything our imagination can conceive. For your complete lifetime we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the deepest inner mind to... The Outer Limits. Bill Gates Land. Please stand by."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 11:13:26 AM »

Or perhaps it's more like the Outer Limits ......

"There is nothing wrong with your computer. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are now controlling the transmission. We control the horizontal and the vertical. We can deluge you with a thousand files or expand one file to complete chaos - and beyond. We can shape your vision to anything our imagination can conceive. For your complete lifetime we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the deepest inner mind to... The Outer Limits. Bill Gates Land. Please stand by."

Grin Grin Grin

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 07:51:19 AM »

I tried out IE 7 before it was released and have kept it updated and had no problems with my computer. I usually use Firefox, however, as I like it better.

I have noticed that with the continual Windows updates lately my computer is getting more unstable - I have occasional problems with Outlook Express crashing.

Will say I have NEVER been able to get Firefox to run animated GIF's. In some cases it won't even display static images, such as Ebay's main page.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2007, 10:58:03 AM »

I have never had a problem with Fire Fox loading any images of any sort. You might want to check Options under the Tools. Click on Content and then check to insure "Load Images Automatically" is checked and then insure there are no Exceptions listed for it as a "block". I do have a few there but I have them as an "allow".

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 12:13:47 PM »

Those are all O.K.
It does load images, just not some and animated gif's aren't animated.
May be you have a fast connection - I have a slow dial up.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 01:11:47 PM »

There is that. I have cable internet. It is supposed to be 10 megs download but most of the time it operates at 1 to 2 megs. Still faster than dial up so that may have something to do with it.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 10:43:23 PM »

I've had all kinds of nightmares with my computer, and many of them are still going. Some of the computer works now and some of it doesn't. I really don't know what to think. All kinds of little things are broken, even in simple settings like the forum. As an example, my spell-checker says that everything is wrong.   Grin

I'll just have to see what happens next. YES - it is a trip into the twilight zone. I'm sure that I could have made some mistakes and be partly responsible for a few problems, but I really don't think much of this is operator error.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 107:6 NASB  Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble; He delivered them out of their distresses.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 10:47:11 PM »

The verse in your last post is very fitting right now brother.  Wink

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 08:53:54 AM »

Those are all O.K.
It does load images, just not some and animated gif's aren't animated.
May be you have a fast connection - I have a slow dial up.

Brother Rhys, I have firefox too and my animated gif's  aren't animated either  Undecided Huh

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2007, 03:24:00 PM »

Ever since I downloaded firefox 2.0.0.2 I can't see any of the animations here in the forum. Any suggestions?

Try clearing the Cache
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2007, 03:26:37 PM »

I'll do some research on that. In the meantime maybe someone else on here knows of a good free one.

Unless you have a problem with your registry, i would recommend you leave it well alone, unless you know what you are doing. Just one mistake and it will mess your whole system up. There really is not any need to clean the registry as it makes no difference to the running of your PC.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 11:20:31 AM »

For those having problems with animations on FireFox there is a help page on Mozilla for this:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Images_or_animations_do_not_load

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 11:34:25 AM »

Unless you have a problem with your registry, i would recommend you leave it well alone, unless you know what you are doing. Just one mistake and it will mess your whole system up. There really is not any need to clean the registry as it makes no difference to the running of your PC.

That is the reason I use a program specifically designed for that purpose. I have numerous occasions where I had a system crash caused because of problems in the registry. The system trying to access something that the registry says is there and it isn't. A sluggish system can also be caused by this. With a program that is designed specifically for cleaning the registry, errors are limited and a good registry cleaner will have a restore function built into it in case there is a problem caused from the cleaning.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 12:12:15 PM »

Joey this is weird if I use IE I can see the animations, if I use Mozilla I can't. I am going to have my husband look at it and fix it for me. He's an IT and I know he's going to tell me I don't need both browsers ...yada yady yada yada... so I haven't said anything to him yet.  Grin Roll Eyes Shocked

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the