Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:21:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Do You Trust God ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do You Trust God ?  (Read 5400 times)
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2003, 11:47:29 PM »

Do you trust God absolutely ?

Are you surrendered to him in such a way that you will do whatever he asks of you ?

Remember Abraham's faith.....he was willing to sacrifice his own son...just because God asked him to.
 And that is why he is called the 'Father of the faithful'...God's friend.

God will test you....to see how loyal you really are.
 He will ask you to do things that you do not want to do....GUARANTEED !
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 03:06:02 AM »

Yes, I trust God  very much. Being a widow I place full trust in Him.  And He watches over every aspect of my life. He guides me, comforts me, strengthens me and I could never live a life without Him.
He has given me friends I never thought I would ever have. I trust Him implicitly.  
He knows what things we have need of before we even ask Him. And often, I have nothing to pray for in my own life, so I just like to talk to Him, as a friend.  Especially when I view the sunset or something in nature really beautiful.
He is special.  He is my God.
Love. Tamara.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 07:17:36 PM »

Do you trust God absolutely ?

Are you surrendered to him in such a way that you will do whatever he asks of you ?

Remember Abraham's faith.....he was willing to sacrifice his own son...just because God asked him to.
 And that is why he is called the 'Father of the faithful'...God's friend.

God will test you....to see how loyal you really are.
 He will ask you to do things that you do not want to do....GUARANTEED !

God systematically expands my trust. Right when I'm through a new hurdle, he puts a new one out-bigger and more imposing than the last. It shows me that faith isn't of ourselves-it is from God Himself. I love that about Himj.

DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 11:13:55 PM »

Yes, I trust God  very much. Being a widow I place full trust in Him.  And He watches over every aspect of my life. He guides me, comforts me, strengthens me and I could never live a life without Him.
He has given me friends I never thought I would ever have. I trust Him implicitly.  
He knows what things we have need of before we even ask Him. And often, I have nothing to pray for in my own life, so I just like to talk to Him, as a friend.  Especially when I view the sunset or something in nature really beautiful.
He is special.  He is my God.
Love. Tamara.

Do you trust him enough to keep the 7th day Sabbath....even though you may not understand why....but just because he asks you to ?
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 12:05:43 AM »

Daredevil, the 7th day Sabbath worries me.  I want to keep it, but I have been told that if I do, I will be a very lonely christian.  There is nobody in my town to keep the 7th Day Sabbath with.  They all worship on Sunday.  So, I stay close to Christian Sites on the Web on the Saturday.  That way, I am not a very lonely christian.
Why was the day changed?  I do not understand it! Father said it was a perpetual Day.  Jesus did not change the day, nor did the Apostles!  
On the first day of the week they merely met together, for convenience I would guess for none would have dared to change the Sabbath!  It's a holy Day! Sanctified and blessed by the Lord God Himself!  
I am very confused about this matter.  I don't believe we should worship on the day Jesus was raised from the dead, but, if that is what Father wants, then we must obey!
We have entered into His rest from the Jewish laws and religion.
I just pray Father sets me right on this matter. If not, I'll keep on keeping the 2 days of rest...need it anyway...
Love..Tamara.
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 07:20:34 AM »

Tricky one,i beleive that if you keep sunday as the sabbath that is fine,i was always brought up that sunday was the day,and thats how iam now as a adult.My spirt,heart and mind are always open for i live to please GOD.

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2003, 11:46:33 PM »

Tricky one,i beleive that if you keep sunday as the sabbath that is fine,i was always brought up that sunday was the day,and thats how iam now as a adult.My spirt,heart and mind are always open for i live to please GOD.
Jesus said: "IF..you love me..keep my commandments", (John 14:15).
 The commandments that Jesus wrote out are the 10 commandsments as found in Exodus 20:3-17.
 Included in those commands is the 4th commandment...the 7th day Sabbath.
 "REMEMBER..the Sabbath day,,to keep 'it' Holy".

Jesus warned people about worshiping himself in vain (Matthew 15:3,9).
 Sunday worship services are vain worship according to Christ.
 And what excuse do people have when they have access to a Bible and don't study it to know for sure what is the truth ?
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2003, 11:57:29 PM »

Jabez answered he lives to please God.  But, I cannot help but wonder how are we pleasing God if we purposely ignore one of His 10 Commandments?
Father insists we keep the 10. Not miss on even 1 Commandment.
I AM NOT  a Seveth Day Adventist. I am just an ordinary christian.  And, I have a very deep conviction about this sunday worship.  It seems to me to be like the mark of the beast!
Fact is fact.  The Jewish never changed the day...so who gave permission for the day ever to be changed?
It's a puzzlement...
In Love Tamara.
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2003, 12:08:13 AM »

I want to keep it, but I have been told that if I do, I will be a very lonely christian.
Don't you believe it for a minute !
 Our Lord Jesus Christ set up this Sabbath day as a special appointment to be with us personally. God promises a blessing to those people who honor God's Holy Sabbath day (Isaiah 56:2....58:13,14).
Why was the day changed?
In Daniel 7:25 we are told the some Anti-Christian power would: "THINK TO CHANGE TIMES AND LAWS".
The only law of God's that deals with time...is the 7th day Sabbath, the 4th commandment(Exodus 20:8-11).

God set up the Sabbath as a sign as to who his true followers are (Ezekiel 20:12,20).

If you wish to talk more about anything....here is my e-mail address:
present_truth2002@yahoo,com
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2003, 06:54:46 AM »

Hebrews 4:
7 Therefore God again set a certain day, calling it Today, when a long time later he spoke through David, as was said before:
   "Today, if you hear his voice,
       do not harden your hearts."

Romans 14:
4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

Colossians 2:
15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2003, 08:00:58 AM »

Can't we gaither every day if we wanted, to worship?Or is that vain?Please.........Iam willing to listen.

sorry for getting off topic,i appologise.I will start a new thread
« Last Edit: September 26, 2003, 08:13:38 AM by Jabez » Logged

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2003, 04:31:42 PM »

Well, I'm wondering what it was about Sabbath days that was being contested. As for the actual day that we celebrate it, that may be our difference, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's what Paul is addressing. It could very well be, but as far as I know, what the Bible tells us to do as a commandment wouldn't be what is contested. Because is there any contest about what a Commandment actually teaches? I've been keeping a seventh day sabbath for a couple of weeks now because it's what my Bible tells me.

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2003, 06:25:20 PM »

Can't we gaither every day if we wanted, to worship?

I think that's a wonderful idea. 'Course I could be prejudiced cause that's how we do it... Wink

Well, I'm wondering what it was about Sabbath days that was being contested.

Maybe the rest part? The worship part should be daily!

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2003, 07:24:59 PM »

I'd have to pretty much agree with sincereh, or the scriptures she quote's there, on this one.

DareD, you aren't like going off the deep end here, are you?

Like you're reminding me of the extremist type 7th Day Adventist(which remind me sometimes of the Jesuit faction w/in the Catholic church...?)?

Yes, God will test us.  " I said in my heart with regard to the sons of men that God is testing them to show them that they are but beasts."                                          Eccl. 3:18

And if our testing seems as suffering:  "Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same thought, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin..."  I Peter 4:1

I love that verse b/c it says if you're suffering then you won't be sinning!!

Not a very pleasant thought.  I was trying to avoid suffering if I at all could. Embarrassed

Lips Sealed

Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2003, 02:27:30 PM »

What in the world does the commandment have to do with the Sabbath?

First of all, we live under grace.  Not by the law.  Paul completely blew the 7th Adventist theory out of the water with Romans 14:4-5 (quoted by sincereheart).

Second, the commandment doesn't say "Gather together that day."  It says, "Do not work, and keep it holy."  Most people don't work already on Saturday.  Fellowship should be an all-week event, not on Sunday only.  Nobody says that we shouldn't meet on Wednesday night, though many churches do.

The 7th Adventist doctrine is so full of holes, it looks like a Democratic national policy.

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the