Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:41:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Do You Trust God ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do You Trust God ?  (Read 5396 times)
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2003, 09:47:12 PM »

Trust in God is the same as the woman with the issue of blood.
We reach out for His Love, He heals us of everything, and we carry His love in our hearts forever...think about it.

Love...Tamara.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2003, 03:09:06 AM »

Ollie, amen. Peter is my favorite-so zealous, so outspoken, full in for God. He boldly proclaims that Jesus will never be subjected to washing his feet, but when he learns there is a spiritual application, a cleansing from sin, he wants a whole bath. I love that guy.

Tamara, God is so good, isn't He? I can just see that woman's relief when she finally wasn't sick anymore. And in heaven, we'll all be cured of everything. I really don't think we're even going to remember our sufferings anymore.

Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2003, 05:52:04 AM »

Once we get to Heaven Whitehorse, we won't WANT to remember some of the sufferings on earth!!LOL!  
Yes, that poor lady just reached out in complete knowledge that she would be healed if she but touched His garment.  What sheer and utter belief.   That is the most beautiful example of faith we can see.  She was obviously very weak.  And, He healed her without knowing!  The Holy Spirit in Jesus reacted immediately.  Just because she has so much trust.
That lady is our example in complete acknowledgement Father can do anything - immediately!

Love..Tamara.
maryann
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2003, 12:08:23 AM »

Yes I do trust God.  The first thing I do when I awaken is thank
Jesus for keeping me safe through the night and ask Him to help me
live for Him throughout the day.  To give me His Love and Compassion
for people and to guide me that I may honor Him in all my thoughts,
words and deeds.  I know I only make it through my day because of
His Love for me and caring.   I trust Him to get me through the night
 and day in His protection.  I trust Him as Savior and Lord
and depend on Him for my journey through this life that one day I will
be with Him forever in Heaven.  He is to be praised forever.
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2003, 03:31:39 AM »

Amen!!
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2003, 03:11:48 PM »

Can't we gaither every day if we wanted, to worship?Or is that vain?Please.........Iam willing to listen.

Can you answer the qeustion?When is sabbath day?I know the 7th day,but when is that?please dont use a man made calendar for proof.
Are we agreed that Sunday is the day on which Jesus rose from the grave ?
The Bible calls this...the 1st day of the week.
 And so, the 7th day of the week..must come just 1 day before that , right ? If you have any more questions...please contact me at:  present_truth2002@yahoo.com  
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2003, 08:52:42 AM »

Thus the heavens and the earth were completed, and all their hosts. And by the seventh day God completed His work which he had done; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work... Here is the first week; from this pattern, we get our seven-day week.

It is interesting to note that, though years, days, and months have been calculated by man according to the sun, moon, etc., we do not find a scientific reason why mankind celebrates the week. Its just there. Seven days, the historic number for perfection.

For the Son of Man [Jesus] is Lord of the Sabbath. The works of necessity are allowed on the "day of rest"; Jesus's disciples were following Him, and, passing through a cornfield, and being hungry, they plucked some ears and rubbed off kernels to eat. The Pharisees went wild, not because the disciples took someone else's corn, but because they did it on the Sabbath. Jesus rebukes the Pharisees, and tells them to not condemn the innocent. (By the way, this sort of reaping is allowed by Old Testament law.)

I will not go into details about why some people worship on the first of the week, and others on the traditional seventh day, nor will I condemn one or the other. I do not think it is wrong for God's children to worship whenever they have need to. Just trying to answer a piece of your question, Jabez!  Smiley

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2004, 06:50:13 AM »

I will not go into details about why some people worship on the first of the week, and others on the traditional seventh day, nor will I condemn one or the other. I do not think it is wrong for God's children to worship whenever they have need to. Just trying to answer a piece of your question, Jabez!  :)
We are not to judge anyone...but God will punish those who are disobedient to his commands.
Why ?
Because they have shown that they do not love their Lord, by obeying what he tells them to do. Jesus said: "IF..you love me...keep my commandments".

Jesus also said: "BUT IN VAIN...do they worship me, teaching for doctrine the commandments of men", (Matthew 15:9).

Sunday worship services is a man-made idea....in disobedience to what God has said to do.
Judas
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2004, 12:48:47 AM »

I do not believe in god, i trust myself in doing the right thing  Smiley
The Crusader
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2004, 03:54:11 AM »

I do not believe in god, i trust myself in doing the right thing  Smiley

Your a lot like some of the ones here on this forum. They believe they keep there salvation, by being good.

The Crusader
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2004, 07:51:10 PM »

We are not to judge anyone...but God will punish those who are disobedient to his commands.
Why ?
Because they have shown that they do not love their Lord, by obeying what he tells them to do. Jesus said: "IF..you love me...keep my commandments".

Jesus also said: "BUT IN VAIN...do they worship me, teaching for doctrine the commandments of men", (Matthew 15:9).

Sunday worship services is a man-made idea....in disobedience to what God has said to do.
So...we are saying we do not love the Lord, by worshipping?  Cry I don't understand what you are saying. He tells us to gather together with the brethren, to sing praise with one another to the Lord, to lift each other up and bear one another's burdens, not just once a week but whenever possible. If we choose to meet as a congregation at the beginning or middle of the week, or somewhere in between, what commandment have we violated?

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
DareDevil

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2004, 10:46:50 PM »

So...we are saying we do not love the Lord, by worshipping?  :'( I don't understand what you are saying. He tells us to gather together with the brethren, to sing praise with one another to the Lord, to lift each other up and bear one another's burdens, not just once a week but whenever possible. If we choose to meet as a congregation at the beginning or middle of the week, or somewhere in between, what commandment have we violated?
There is nothing wrong with worshipping any day of the week...as long as you obey what he asks..."REMEMBER the Sabbath day, to keep it Holy".
 God will never allow anyone into heaven, who disobeys what he says.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the