Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:28:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Sin, Heterosexual and Homosexual!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sin, Heterosexual and Homosexual!  (Read 7546 times)
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2003, 01:52:35 AM »

I understand where you are coming from. The fact that the world, many denominational churches, and America in particular is considering legislation to legalize and normalize many of tha aspects of these sinful acts of homosexuality does tend to make one sit up and take notice of it more than heterosexual sins.

Sadly, yes. So many have let the world convince them that God's Word may be wrong. And knowing homosexuals (through the workplace or as neighbors, etc.) makes it that much harder to say it's a sin. Thanks to the open-mindedness of so many, we now have legalized abortions.  Roll Eyes  

How ever Hollywood and the entertainment industry is continually throwing heterosexual sins at us in their TV shows, motion pictures, recorded music vocals, stage shows, dancing, fashion, magazines, newspapers, and on and on and on! They are also throwing the homosexual sins at us.

Sadly, yes.

Any how I can see what you are saying.
We really need to try and concentrate on all sin and show the love of Christ towards those in them including ourselves and pray that they and us will find the spirit to overcome and be redeemed back to God through Christ.

Which is why I don't walk up to someone who is sinning and tell them they're sinning. I'm totally against the Fred Phelps' of the world who think that homosexuals are beyond God's reach. I believe in letting God use each Christian to reach the unsaved and then I believe in letting God convict them of their sin the same as He does for me. But for discussion purposes, if someone asks if homosexuality is a sin (whether that 'someone' is a homosexual or not) I HAVE to say 'yes'!  

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2003, 03:06:06 AM »

Ebia, no, you don't understand the concept of loving the sinner but not the sin. I hope you don't have children because you would not be able to let them know when their behavior is out of line.
What I see from you isn't loving correction, it's bigotted hate thinly disguised as loving correction.

You're very confused.
Arn't we all.

I'll pray for you.
Thanks.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2003, 09:33:09 AM »

Well, Ebia, I don't hate myself when i admit my sins. Why do you think I hate homosexuals when i agree that they are sinning? Homosexuals are no different than me. We all sin. We're all forgiven by God...provided we admit we sin. I treat homosexuals the same way i treat myself. Your assertion that I'm bigoted and hateful toward homosexuals is so far off the mark and completely unfounded. Do you hate yourself when you admit you sin? You must or why would you think other people hate others who sin? I am so glad i can admit my sins because otherwise i wouldn't be able to receive forgiveness from God. Why do you want to deny that to homosexuals?
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2003, 05:24:44 PM »

Well, Ebia, I don't hate myself when i admit my sins. Why do you think I hate homosexuals when i agree that they are sinning? Homosexuals are no different than me. We all sin. We're all forgiven by God...provided we admit we sin. I treat homosexuals the same way i treat myself. Your assertion that I'm bigoted and hateful toward homosexuals is so far off the mark and completely unfounded. Do you hate yourself when you admit you sin? You must or why would you think other people hate others who sin? I am so glad i can admit my sins because otherwise i wouldn't be able to receive forgiveness from God. Why do you want to deny that to homosexuals?

I repeat:
What I see from you isn't loving correction, it's bigotted hate thinly disguised as loving correction.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2003, 07:02:07 PM »

Once you understand the forgiveness from God, Ebia, you'll understand my feelings toward homosexuals. You didn't answer any of my questions which indicates you don't understand that forgiveness.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2003, 08:01:19 PM »

Ollie, if you leave your spouse to lie with another person(or beast, etc.), it's adultery.  B/c the underlying intent of the indictment of adultery is to remedy the offended person--that is, the betrayed spouse, what would it matter who or what you're doing it with?

If you're not married, but you do it, it's fornication.

Of course, Jesus did not specify if you are married and even look on another woman.  He just said if you even look.  So in that case, it doesn't matter whether you're married or not--just looking lustfully is adultery!!

So adultery is pretty broad and inclusive, including even just the intent, and even if you are not married(which, technically, would be fornication).

This would be my understanding. Lips Sealed

Thanks for this input. I am still studying this topic. Anything you find and can contribute would be very appreciated.   Smiley

Support your local Christian.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2003, 12:40:02 AM »

It would take an essay, & I've better things to do than write an essay for you to build an argument off.

Sooooo, you give up, or you have no argument?  Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2003, 05:43:54 AM »

It would take an essay, & I've better things to do than write an essay for you to build an argument off.

Sooooo, you give up, or you have no argument?  Grin
Neither, I decline to answer your question, at least for the moment.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2003, 05:47:19 AM »

Once you understand the forgiveness from God, Ebia, you'll understand my feelings toward homosexuals.
I do (well, as well as any of us can) and I don't.

You didn't answer any of my questions which indicates you don't understand that forgiveness.
Which question, specifically, did you want answered.  Since most of your questions are based on misunderstandings and misrepresentations of what I've previously said, they generally aren't worth answering in direct terms.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2003, 06:51:38 AM »

I patiently await your answer then.   Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2003, 06:55:58 AM »

I patiently await your answer then.   Grin
Don't hold your breath.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2003, 09:12:14 AM »

I'll repeat my questions. Ebia, do you hate yourself when you sin? Or do you know you're forgiven and seek to make amends? if you don't understand those questions i can see why you have a hard time communicating with people.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the