Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:08:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Sin, Heterosexual and Homosexual!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sin, Heterosexual and Homosexual!  (Read 7549 times)
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2003, 05:16:31 PM »

And my reply to the original question in this thread still stands:
I agree, ollie. I (speaking for myself) tend to lean heavier on it for the simple fact that no one ever seems to dispute that heterosexual sex outside of marriage is wrong. Nor do I ever see "Pride" parades for adulterers. I do, all too often, hear how homosexuality isn't wrong, or that it's just the way someone is born, or that it doesn't affect anyone else. Since all of that is blatantly untrue, I tend to pipe in on those discussions.

I understand now.
Thanks.

Lips Sealed

I assume this isn't what you meant to say:
You assumed incorrectly. I also incorrectly assumed that you would read the whole sentence. Let me make that easier for you.....
I didn't think they were pertinent to this particular discussion, EITHER 1)sex during menstruation OR 2)child sacrifice...... Are suggesting that these are now ok?

Can you comprehend the meaning now?

The list of 'unlawful sexual relations' are still valid.

Virtually everyone here is guilty of reviling, and everyone here is collectively responsible for the collective extortion that we in the "western" countries inflict on the rest of the world, yet I don't see a single thread addressing either.

ROFL! If you don't like the threads started - start a thread you do approve of!

More likely because its easier to rant about someone elses sin than address our own.

I said: "And I will not sit back and let anyone justify them in man's eyes whether they are sins I'm guilty of or not."  The Bible says that homosexuality (which this thread asked about) IS a sin. If you think that is unjust or unfair - take it up with God!

Amazing that you haven't answered any questions and do your best to divert the topic. Hmmmm......

Sincereheart,
You have laid down the scriptural evidence down , ebia has rejected it.

Point taken....
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 06:36:24 AM by sincereheart » Logged

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2003, 05:30:41 PM »

I assume this isn't what you meant to say:
You assumed incorrectly. I also incorrectly assumed that you would read the whole sentence. Let me make that easier for you.....
I didn't think they were pertinent to this particular discussion, EITHER 1)sex during intercourse OR 2)child sacrifice...... Are suggesting that these are now ok?

Can you comprehend the meaning now?
Um, not entirely, no.  Did you mean sex during menopause?

The list of 'unlawful sexual relations' are still valid.
How so.  The fact that some of the list still applies doesn't prove that all of the list still applies.

Virtually everyone here is guilty of reviling, and everyone here is collectively responsible for the collective extortion that we in the "western" countries inflict on the rest of the world, yet I don't see a single thread addressing either.

ROFL! If you don't like the threads started - start a thread you do approve of!

Ok, so I haven't started any threads either, but how does that invalidate my evidence?

More likely because its easier to rant about someone elses sin than address our own.

I said: "And I will not sit back and let anyone justify them in man's eyes whether they are sins I'm guilty of or not."  The Bible says that homosexuality (which this thread asked about) IS a sin. If you think that is unjust or unfair - take it up with God!

Why do you keep singling out this particular sin?

Amazing that you haven't answered any questions and do your best to divert the topic. Hmmmm......
I've had to skim over a couple of questions so far for lack of time to answer them properly
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 12:01:56 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2003, 05:37:39 PM »

Ebia,

I'm glad to know that you're not a homosexual; but why do you keep defending the sin of homosexuality (i.e. sodomy)

Romans 1:32 states that  it's not just those who practice such things (sexual immorality) that are worthy of death but also to those who approve of such things.
St Paul also puts reviling and extortion on the same par.

Why do you defend the things that God hates?
Because
a. I'm not convinced that homosexuality always constitutes sexual immorality.
b. Because I'm sick and tired of people here acting as though it is a far worse sin than any other, including those sins that we are each guilty of.

I urge you again to read the above article on homo-heresies.
I did. The same old stuff in a poorly written article.
I could not explain things any better.
Probably not.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2003, 11:26:29 PM »

Ebia,

Let me ask you this: is God truth?  Not just is God truthful, but is God truth?

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2003, 12:03:58 AM »

Ebia, Let's pretend for a minute that the bible doesn't say lhomosexuality is a sin. In order to understand why it's a sin, you first have to understand what sin is. Sin is simply self-glorifying behavior. Lust is a sin because it is glorifying self-gratification. Jesus says that to lust in our hearts is sinful. The only time lust is not sinful is if it is used for God's purposes such as a man and woman united in marriage because that's the way God intended it. Any other sexual act is done purely to gratify ourselves. That's why they are considered sins. Who are any of us to say what is sinful and what isn't?
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2003, 03:27:23 AM »

Ebia,

Yes.  And love, etc.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2003, 03:30:02 AM »

The only time lust is not sinful is if it is used for God's purposes such as a man and woman united in marriage because that's the way God intended it.
Big assumption alert: that marriage is the only relationship that God intended for anybody.

Clearly untrue, as for some He intended celebacy.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2003, 06:10:00 AM »

Quote from: Allinall on September 21, 2003, 11:26:29 PM
Ebia,

Yes.  And love, etc.

Amen!  Now...what was the purpose of the Law that we are no longer under?

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2003, 06:48:46 AM »

You don't expect me to answer that with a one word answer, do you?

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2003, 07:00:00 AM »

My apologies..... I thought you were emphasizing the 'either' part! I haved edited it to read 'sex during menstruation'. Again, my apologies for my typo.....

How so.  The fact that some of the list still applies doesn't prove that all of the list still applies.

Some of the list? Which do you say no longer apply?

Ok, so I haven't started any threads either, but how does that invalidate my evidence?

What evidence?  Roll Eyes If you don't like the topics discussed, start a thread you do like.

I'm not 'singling' out this paticular sin. This particular thread asked about this particular sin.

Big assumption alert: that marriage is the only relationship that God intended for anybody.

Actually, what Heidi said was:
"The only time lust is not sinful is if it is used for God's purposes such as a man and woman united in marriage because that's the way God intended it."

And Scripture bears that out.....
1 Corinthians 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2003, 07:13:46 AM »

My only problem with Heidi's statmewnt is that she used the word lust.  I don't really think that it is appropriate to call a married couples attraction to each other lust.

I was worried about you for a minute there sincereheart, I wasn't exactly sure I knew how to have sex during sex.  Undecided  That edit makes sense now though.

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2003, 07:17:23 AM »

I was worried about you for a minute there sincereheart, I wasn't exactly sure I knew how to have sex during sex.    That edit makes sense now though.

ROFL!  Tongue Actually, I'm not sure I know how NOT to have sex during sex....  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue

Grin

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2003, 07:32:08 AM »

My apologies..... I thought you were emphasizing the 'either' part! I haved edited it to read 'sex during menstruation'. Again, my apologies for my typo.....
No worries.

Some of the list? Which do you say no longer apply?
Arguably that - no-sex during menstruation.  That wasn't what I was going to say, but I realised what I was going to say makes no sense.
Nevertheless, I don't accept that because the other sexual offences listed there still stand necessarly implys they all still stand, in light of the discarding of most of the Law in Levitcus.  The others are there for clearly obvious reasons, otherwise they probably would have been discarded.

What evidence?  Roll Eyes If you don't like the topics discussed, start a thread you do like.
I'm objecting to this singleing out of homosexuality as hateful, unloving, and un-Christ-like, even if it is a sin.  That is a legitamate point of view.  The lack of threads condemning or even discussing equally sinful acts that we are all collectively guilty of is part of my evidence for such.

I'm not 'singling' out this paticular sin. This particular thread asked about this particular sin.

"You" in that sentence wasn't aimed at you in particular, but the collective majority on this board.

Actually, what Heidi said was:
"The only time lust is not sinful is if it is used for God's purposes such as a man and woman united in marriage because that's the way God intended it."

And Scripture bears that out.....
1 Corinthians 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.
Ok, I may have misread Heidi. Sorry. It's possible to read that sentence in different ways according to where you put the missing punctuation.

Anyway, two possibilites don't have to be exclusive of all others.  This is perfectly compatible with other options being acceptable to God, but St Paul gives two examples (celebacy and marriage)

v's 9 is a pretty horrible reason to marry though.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2003, 07:37:30 AM »

You don't expect me to answer that with a one word answer, do you?

If that's in response to my question to you...nope! Take two or three if it helps!   Grin

If not...I'll just shut up now.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2003, 07:43:56 AM »

v's 9 is a pretty horrible reason to marry though.

No, I don't think you understand that correctly.  

Homosexual sin has been placed in the lime light for the simple reasons it is attracting so much attention to itself.  I remember when everyone was getting all upset because of all the lewdness on TV.  The difference between Homosexual sin and the rest is that this one is trying to pretend it's not a sin.  The others may be out there (and we complain) but they aren't "in our face" nor are they trying to claim it's OK.

You have NOTHING from the word of God to claim homosexual sin is anything but.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the