Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:49:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Sin, Heterosexual and Homosexual!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sin, Heterosexual and Homosexual!  (Read 7548 times)
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2003, 07:46:31 AM »

I'm sorry what was either graphic (Mr. Paste alotta pictures) or vivid about what I said?

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2003, 07:47:50 AM »

Saved4, and sincereheart, thank you for your graphic and vivid contributions to this website.  Ahem.

Ollie:
Isn't homosexual acts of gotcha146 fornication and adultery according to the Bible and doesn't that make the actions of homosexuality sin according to the Bible?  

Isn't heterosexual acts of gotcha146 out of the marriage union fornication and adultery according to the Bible and doesn't that make the actions of unwed heterosexuality sin according to the Bible?

We lean very heavy on the homosexual and not the heterosexual.

Thank you, Ollie.  Homosex'y can only exist "respectably" under an actual marriage sanction, for all the reasons actually cited by the gay community(benefits, insurance, etc.).

But, in order to obtain that sanction, by definition, marriage loses any meaning.

ebia: Why do you keep singling out this particular sin

Um, duh, because the homosexuals keep forcing it on us??

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2003, 07:57:34 AM »

v's 9 is a pretty horrible reason to marry though.

No, I don't think you understand that correctly.  
Sorry, I was taking it literally.  Grin

Homosexual sin has been placed in the lime light for the simple reasons it is attracting so much attention to itself.  
So you're not prepared to look beyond where the most noise is to where the most suffering is?  Undecided

I remember when everyone was getting all upset because of all the lewdness on TV.

Still getting upset about other people's sin rather than our own.

The difference between Homosexual sin and the rest is that this one is trying to pretend it's not a sin.  

How many people in America still think sex before marriage is a sin?

The others may be out there (and we complain) but they aren't "in our face" nor are they trying to claim it's OK.
See above.  This looks like an excuse to me.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2003, 07:58:26 AM »

You don't expect me to answer that with a one word answer, do you?

If that's in response to my question to you...nope! Take two or three if it helps!   Grin

If not...I'll just shut up now.
It would take an essay, & I've better things to do than write an essay for you to build an argument off.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2003, 08:01:04 AM »

I'm sure they would see it the other way around.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2003, 10:16:50 AM »

Homosexuals are notorious for telling God what is sin and what isn't. Their defiance is what is bringing this on themselves.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2003, 02:29:03 PM »

Saved4, and sincereheart, thank you for your graphic and vivid contributions to this website.  Ahem.

Ollie:
Isn't homosexual acts of gotcha146 fornication and adultery according to the Bible and doesn't that make the actions of homosexuality sin according to the Bible?  

Isn't heterosexual acts of gotcha146 out of the marriage union fornication and adultery according to the Bible and doesn't that make the actions of unwed heterosexuality sin according to the Bible?

Thank you, Ollie.  Homosex'y can only exist "respectably" under an actual marriage sanction, for all the reasons actually cited by the gay community(benefits, insurance, etc.).

But, in order to obtain that sanction, by definition, marriage loses any meaning.

Perhaps the sin of homosexuality is the sin of same gender lying with same gender and not necessarily adultery as they are not in any union or committmnt to adulterate. I have been thinking more on this and have a question.
Is adultery something that can only happen if one is married and one of the marriage partners leaves this marriage union to
have a relationship outside the marriage?
If this be so then homosexual actions are not adultery but sin of unnatural affections and lying with own gender etc.. Fornication.

God does not recognise marriage between same genders so they would never be in an adulterous situation, but in one of fornication.

Is adultery fornication but fornication is not necessarily adultery?

Any thoughts on this anyone?

Support your local Christian.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2003, 06:40:32 PM »

Ollie:

Perhaps the sin of homosexuality is the sin of same gender lying with same gender and not necessarily adultery as they are not in any union or committmnt to adulterate. I have been thinking more on this and have a question.
Is adultery something that can only happen if one is married and one of the marriage partners leaves this marriage union to
If this be so then homosexual actions are not adultery but sin of unnatural affections and lying with own gender etc.. Fornication.

God does not recognise marriage between same genders so they would never be in an adulterous situation, but in one of fornication.

Sounds like you're getting my point that comparing homosexuality to adultery is inappropriate.   Adultery involves an innocent human victim.  

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2003, 06:43:13 PM »

Homosexuals are notorious for telling God what is sin and what isn't.
They're not the only ones.

Their defiance is what is bringing this on themselves.
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"

We're called to be better than the world: "He started it" just isn't good enough.

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2003, 09:38:27 PM »

I agree, ollie. I (speaking for myself) tend to lean heavier on it for the simple fact that no one ever seems to dispute that heterosexual sex outside of marriage is wrong. Nor do I ever see "Pride" parades for adulterers. I do, all too often, hear how homosexuality isn't wrong, or that it's just the way someone is born, or that it doesn't affect anyone else. Since all of that is blatantly untrue, I tend to pipe in on those discussions.

When 'adulterers' come out of the closet (so to speak Roll Eyes) and try to have legislation passed saying it's an acceptable alternative lifestyle and that it harms no one and that they just can't help it - I'll be glad to join in a rousing debate! Wink
I understand where you are coming from. The fact that the world, many denominational churches, and America in particular is considering legislation to legalize and normalize many of tha aspects of these sinful acts of homosexuality does tend to make one sit up and take notice of it more than heterosexual sins.

How ever Hollywood and the entertainment industry is continually throwing heterosexual sins at us in their TV shows, motion pictures, recorded music vocals, stage shows, dancing, fashion, magazines, newspapers, and on and on and on! They are also throwing the homosexual sins at us.

God's people today have to be very discriminating in entertainment. Sometimes it is subtle and can sneak up on one before discrimination can be made. This is true of movie DVDs and video tapes where the cover description is misleading. Even the rating letter can be misunderstood. Who knows what some of these rating symbols mean except the people that apply them?

Any how I can see what you are saying.
We really need to try and concentrate on all sin and show the love of Christ towards those in them including ourselves and pray that they and us will find the spirit to overcome and be redeemed back to God through Christ.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2003, 09:43:30 PM »

It is you, Ebia, who miss so many points. You don't understand the concept of personal responsibility for one's actions. We reap what we sow. If homosexuals are going to play God, they are going to get flack, period. My children understand these concepts. You are saying homosexuals are not responsible for their actions and that they are not only above God's law but above human laws. If I tell God what sin is, it's going to fall back on me.

You also don't understand the concept of loving the sinner but not the sin. Real love isn't enabling someone to continue sinful behavior. You must believe that if it feels good, do it. In that case, i can see you offering an alcoholic a drink.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2003, 09:49:36 PM »

Ollie:

Sounds like you're getting my point that comparing homosexuality to adultery is inappropriate.   Adultery involves an innocent human victim.  

I really was not trying to compare homosexuality to adultery but that the action of homosexuality is the sin of adultery and the actions of heterogotcha146 out of wedlock is also adultery.

But further study has me thinking that homosexual action is a sin unto itself seperate from adultery which God relates to us in the old testament and the new.

Yes, your post where you reworded your previous post after I asked, and I replied that "I understand now" started me thinking more on it. I believe my thinking on adultery was more in the worldly sense of illicit sex than seeing it as God puts it to us in scripture.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2003, 10:14:40 PM »

It is you, Ebia, who miss so many points. You don't understand the concept of personal responsibility for one's actions. We reap what we sow. If homosexuals are going to play God, they are going to get flack, period.
Who's playing God here?

My children understand these concepts. You are saying homosexuals are not responsible for their actions and that they are not only above God's law but above human laws.
Putting words into my mouth again?

If I tell God what sin is, it's going to fall back on me.
The only people telling God what is here is are the funtamentalists.

You also don't understand the concept of loving the sinner but not the sin.
I understand the concept, I've yet to see anyone who uses the phrase actually show anything but hate the sin and sinner alike.  Saying you are being loving doesn't make it so.

Real love isn't enabling someone to continue sinful behavior. You must believe that if it feels good, do it.
Certainly not.  You do like to build straw men, don't you?

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2003, 11:04:50 PM »

Ebia, no, you don't understand the concept of loving the sinner but not the sin. I hope you don't have children because you would not be able to let them know when their behavior is out of line. You see that as hate. You're very confused. I'll pray for you.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2003, 11:19:20 PM »

Ollie, if you leave your spouse to lie with another person(or beast, etc.), it's adultery.  B/c the underlying intent of the indictment of adultery is to remedy the offended person--that is, the betrayed spouse, what would it matter who or what you're doing it with?

If you're not married, but you do it, it's fornication.

Of course, Jesus did not specify if you are married and even look on another woman.  He just said if you even look.  So in that case, it doesn't matter whether you're married or not--just looking lustfully is adultery!!

So adultery is pretty broad and inclusive, including even just the intent, and even if you are not married(which, technically, would be fornication).

This would be my understanding. Lips Sealed

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the