Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:18:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Sin, Heterosexual and Homosexual!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sin, Heterosexual and Homosexual!  (Read 7547 times)
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2003, 08:12:28 PM »

Isn't homosexual acts of gotcha146 fornication and adultery according to the Bible and doesn't that make the actions of homosexuality sin according to the Bible?  

Isn't heterosexual acts of gotcha146 out of the marriage union fornication and adultery according to the Bible and doesn't that make the actions of unwed heterosexuality sin according to the Bible?

We lean very heavy on the homosexual and not the heterosexual.

Support your local Christian.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 09:20:45 PM »

Very good point.

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2003, 07:29:16 AM »

I agree, ollie. I (speaking for myself) tend to lean heavier on it for the simple fact that no one ever seems to dispute that heterosexual sex outside of marriage is wrong. Nor do I ever see "Pride" parades for adulterers. I do, all too often, hear how homosexuality isn't wrong, or that it's just the way someone is born, or that it doesn't affect anyone else. Since all of that is blatantly untrue, I tend to pipe in on those discussions.

When 'adulterers' come out of the closet (so to speak Roll Eyes) and try to have legislation passed saying it's an acceptable alternative lifestyle and that it harms no one and that they just can't help it - I'll be glad to join in a rousing debate! Wink

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2003, 07:36:17 AM »

I agree, ollie. I (speaking for myself) tend to lean heavier on it for the simple fact that no one ever seems to dispute that heterosexual sex outside of marriage is wrong. Nor do I ever see "Pride" parades for adulterers. I do, all too often, hear how homosexuality isn't wrong, or that it's just the way someone is born, or that it doesn't affect anyone else. Since all of that is blatantly untrue, I tend to pipe in on those discussions.

When 'adulterers' come out of the closet (so to speak Roll Eyes) and try to have legislation passed saying it's an acceptable alternative lifestyle and that it harms no one and that they just can't help it - I'll be glad to join in a rousing debate! Wink
You don't see any evidence of society accepting sex between unmarried people as being ok?  What sort of sand do you keep your head buried in?

Surely homosexual sex would be more reasonably compared to sex between two unmarried hetrosexuals than adultery.

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2003, 07:49:54 AM »

What sort of sand do you keep your head buried in?

Well, gollee.... what sorts of sand are there?

and try to have legislation passed saying it's an acceptable alternative lifestyle and that it harms no one and that they just can't help it - I'll be glad to join in a rousing debate!

I must've missed the pending legislation on that  Roll Eyes

Surely homosexual sex would be more reasonably compared to sex between two unmarried hetrosexuals than adultery.

ROFL! Does this answer your question, ollie?

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2003, 07:52:13 AM »

Lots.  Some of it's not sand at all, like the beach at Bude, in Cornwall.

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2003, 04:08:27 PM »

Ollie,

The Word is very clear that those who practice sex outside of the marriage covenant will go to hell; whether it's heterosexual, or homosexual sex.

However, sodomy (the actual biblical term) is so vile and so unnatural, that God will destroy civilizations over it.

When a country becomes sodomized; judgement is at the gates.

Psalm 119
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2003, 06:19:58 PM »

However, sodomy (the actual biblical term) is so vile and so unnatural, that God will destroy civilizations over it.

Tosh.

Ezekiel 16:49
" 'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2003, 06:56:53 PM »

Did a search and could not find the word "sodomy" in the Bible.

I did find this in Easton' Bible Dictionary:

Topics: Sod'om

Text:  burning; the walled, a city in the vale of Siddim (Gen. 13:10; 14:1-16). The wickedness of its inhabitants brought down upon it fire from heaven, by which it was destroyed (18:16-33; 19:1-29; Deut. 23:17). This city and its awful destruction are frequently alluded to in Scripture (Deut. 29:23; 32:32; Isa. 1:9, 10; 3:9; 13:19; Jer. 23:14; Ezek. 16:46-56; Zeph. 2:9; Matt. 10:15; Rom. 9:29; 2 Pet. 2: 6, etc.).

No trace of it or of the other cities of the plain has been discovered, so complete was their destruction. Just opposite the site of Zoar, on the south-west coast of the Dead Sea, is a range of low hills, forming a mass of mineral salt called Jebel Usdum, "the hill of Sodom." It has been concluded, from this and from other considerations, that the cities of the plain stood at the southern end of the Dead Sea. Others, however, with much greater probability, contend that they stood at the northern end of the sea.

Topics: Sod'omites

Text:  those who imitated the licentious wickedness of Sodom (Deut. 23: 17; 1 Kings 14:24; Rom. 1:26, 27). Asa destroyed them "out of the land" (1 Kings 15:12), as did also his son Jehoshaphat (22:46).

Where is the scripture for what you say about sodomy Psalm 119?
Is it infered from the above scriptures given in Easton's Dictionary?

« Last Edit: September 19, 2003, 07:06:33 PM by ollie » Logged

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2003, 06:58:36 PM »

and try to have legislation passed saying it's an acceptable alternative lifestyle and that it harms no one and that they just can't help it - I'll be glad to join in a rousing debate!

I must've missed the pending legislation on that  Roll Eyes

ROFL! Does this answer your question, ollie?

Hmmmmm!   HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??
Not sure just yet.

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2003, 07:05:25 PM »

It was not mean't to be a comparison but a statement of what God says the acts are, adultery which makes it sin.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2003, 07:08:41 PM by ollie » Logged

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2003, 07:11:58 PM »

It was not mean't to be a comparison but a statement of what God says the acts are, adultery which makes it sin.
eh?

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2003, 09:26:25 PM »

eh?
Perhaps I am not understanding your statement and gave a wrong not applicable response. Could you reword it?

Thanks.

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2003, 09:35:43 PM »

eh?
Perhaps I am not understanding your statement and gave a wrong not applicable response. Could you reword it?

Thanks.
I'm not sure whether your response was wrong or not, since I'm not sure what it meant.

All I was trying to say was that most homosexuals are not married, and therefore sex between them is surely more similar (sin wise) to sex between unmarried heterosexuals than it is to adultery (which is a serious act of betrayal).

This was in direct response to sinceheart's post where he was trying to draw a comparison between adultery and homosexual sex.

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2003, 10:24:19 AM »

Ebia,

I find your quote out of Ezekiel interesting......that's the one that "churches" that have homosexual members quote quite often. You wouldn't happen to fall into that category would you?

"Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth AS AN EXAMPLE suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignitaries." Jude 7-8

Ollie,

"There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel. Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into the house of the Lord thy God for any vow, for even both these are abomination unto the Lord they God." Deut 23:17-18

I went to the Strong's Dictionary and the word sodomy was not in there, but the term sodomite and Sodom were. I don't want to get into semantics here.....the concept of sodomy (the act of two men or a man and a beast) is throughout the scripture. In the NKJV they are referred to as homosexuals, and sodomites. Other versions either water the term down or omit it.

The New Century Dictionary refers to a sodomite as one who was an inhabitant of Sodom; one who practices unnatural sexual itnercourse, esp of one man with another, or a human being with an animal.

No matter what how you cut it...it's sin and an abomination.

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? DO NOT BE DECEIVED. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor exstortioners will inherit the kingdom of God" I Cor.6:9-10 NKJV

Judges chapter 19-20 is real clear about what happens to a nation when they harbor and protect sodomites. Thousands can die....

This new legislation that has passed in Canada to speak out against sodomy ,is now a hate crime. The radical sodomites want to silence anyone who would dare confront them in their sin. It will come to the U.S. soon

I won't remain silent on the issue....

Psalm 119

ps In further reference I will use the term sodomite rather than sodomy.Although the legal definition is sodomy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the