Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:13:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God's Sabbath Rest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God's Sabbath Rest  (Read 22811 times)
John the Baptist
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2003, 12:22:51 AM »

Hay, I thought that you could not & did not read my stuff Huh

Perhaps your memories are also like the Catholic 'submission', as in brain dead?

Any way, 'i' am as open as sunlight! Smiley I have posted up many places, and on many forums (including this one I think) a very public library site which I use to store some things on. One time the hackers got to my material here on my home computor (devil or whatever) and I lost it all. So this is the reason for the library site.

I am not looking for posters there per/say, some times I get a couple. But if I remember rightly, there is not much information about me that is missing there. Most of you here, & 'i', have very little in common it seems? & surely you would find me & my material even more boring, evil, & garbled, than your programed mind could handel, should you venture on satans ground, huh?  

The sit again, is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pastornb/messages

---John
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2003, 03:18:21 AM »

Hello JTB,

I didn't think you would let that rest, so let's see if you practice what you preach. Every one of my messages has a link at the bottom that gives my full name, where I live, what I did for a living, and a lot of other personal information. Let's see as much personal information on you as I have provided about me. My E-mail is also available.

Go for it JTB or quit whining about something you yourself don't do. We'll all be waiting. In case you can't figure out how to click the link on the bottom of every one of my posts, here is my information:

Tom Rightmer

Methinks John's been "called out."  Methinks my money's on Tom as well... Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2003, 03:31:04 AM »

Perhaps your memories are also like the Catholic 'submission', as in brain dead?

Any way, 'i' am as open as sunlight! Smiley I have posted up many places, and on many forums (including this one I think) a very public library site which I use to store some things on. One time the hackers got to my material here on my home computor (devil or whatever) and I lost it all. So this is the reason for the library site.

Hello JTB,

I've been to your site, but I obviously didn't read all of the messages. YEP, just what I thought, YOU ARE HIDING. An E-mail address means nothing. Post the same information I posted or consider yourself what you called me, A SPIRITUAL COWARD. Giving your E-mail address is like saying you are on the Internet, nothing. You even hide behind initials on your own site "N.B.", or are the initials false?

If you are as "open as sunlight", post the same information I posted JTB, NB, YAHOO, or whoever you are. In the for what it is worth category, I knew you would hide. Not only are you hiding in the closet, there is NO LIGHT in your closet.

I'll pray for you JTB, ah? NB, ah? YAHOO, ah? whoever you are.

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2003, 12:46:40 PM »

ANYWAYS,

BACK TO THE ORDINANCES OF THE SABBATHS, NEW MOONS AND FEAST DAYS

2 KINGS 17[36] But the LORD, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt with great power and a stretched out arm, him shall ye fear, and him shall ye worship, and to him shall ye do sacrifice.[37] And the statutes, and the ordinances, and the law, and the commandment, which he wrote for you, ye shall observe to do for evermore; and ye shall not fear other gods.

As you can see in above scripture-the ordinances,the law,and the commandments are all separate. Many have
come in the name of Christ and have decieved many, saying that HE nailed the ordinances, the law, and the ten commandments to the cross.But thats not what the bible says

COL.2  [14] Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.[16] Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:[17] Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Above scripture says the handwriting of the ordinances were nailed to the cross. The 10 commandments were not nailed to the cross and niether were the ordinances. Only the laws contained in these ordinances which pointed to Jesus.
On the sabbaths,  new moons,  and the holydays (feast days)

NEH.10 [32] Also we made ordinances for us, to charge ourselves yearly with the third part of a shekel for the
service of the house of our God;[33] For the shewbread, and for the continual meat offering, and for the continual burnt offering, of the sabbaths, of the new moons, for the set feasts, and for the holy things, and for the sin offerings to make an atonement for Israel, and for all the work of the house of our God.

Do ya see how these offerings were made as an ordinance (the sin offerings to make an atonement for Israel), which pointed  to Christ (a shadow of Christ) and were done during these days.
The sabbaths - new moon - set feasts

2 CHR.8  [12] Then Solomon offered burnt offerings unto the LORD on the altar of the LORD, which he had built before the porch,[13] Even after a certain rate every day, offering according to the commandment of Moses, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts, three times in the year, even in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles.

The sabbaths - new moon - solemn feasts

As we can plainly see its not the sabbaths or the new moon or GODS holy days that were nailed to the cross. It was the meat and drink offerings of those days that were nailed to the cross! Think about the last supper! The bread and the wine! JESUS abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances.

ISAIAH 24 [5] The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.[6] Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

The bottom line is THE DAY OF THE LORD! He will come with fire! They changed the ordinance! They transgressed the laws. But there will be a FEW who will try to obey GOD.
BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD  and not the words of men!
ANYWAYS, does anyone see what im sayin the scriptures are sayin? Am i barkin up the wrong tree? WHY? It seems pretty straight forward to me. The new testament says that Jesus nailed to the cross the law contained in the ordinances. The ordinances are GODS holy days and the law contained in those ordinances were the burnt offerings,blood offerings, meat and drink offerings(which were a shadow of Christ). Can anybody see this. If not, why?  
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2003, 12:57:42 PM »

Hi again

ORDINANCES VAIN OBLATIONS-another way to prove is looking at the oblations

ISAIAH 1 [10] Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.[11] To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.[12] When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
[13] Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.[14] Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

Bring no more vain oblations - WHY? Because Jesus nailed these offerings(oblations) to the cross. The sabbath,
the new moons were not nailed to the cross nor were the 10 commandments.

Numbers 18  [8] And the LORD spake unto Aaron, Behold, I also have given thee the charge of mine heave offerings of all the hallowed things of the children of Israel; unto thee have I given them by reason of the anointing, and to thy sons, by an ordinance for ever.[9] This shall be thine of the most holy things, reserved from the fire: every oblation of theirs, every meat offering of theirs, and every sin offering of theirs, and every trespass offering of theirs, which they shall render unto me, shall be most holy for thee and for thy sons.

Just wanted to show you this scripture to confirm that the oblations were the offerings by the law of the ordinance.

EZEK.45  [15] And one lamb out of the flock, out of two hundred, out of the fat pastures of Israel; for a meat offering, and for a burnt offering, and for peace offerings, to make reconciliation for them, saith the Lord GOD.[16] All the people of the land shall give this oblation for the prince in Israel.[17] And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

Once again you can read that it was the burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths. And it was the PRINCE OF PEACE who prepared the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

LUKE 22  [15] And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
[16] For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.[17] And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:[18] For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.[19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
[20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

The bread-meat offering-now Christ
The wine-drink offering-now Christ
The blood of animals-sin offering-THE BLOOD OF CHRIST

Gettin right is the bottom line. Im not out to win an argument.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2003, 04:34:51 PM »

Hello Wreck,

If you have fellowship with Christ one day per week, you rob yourself of 6. There's the secret and part of the GOOD NEWS, the GOSPEL OF GOD'S GRACE.

John the Baptist
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2003, 09:18:43 PM »

Hello JTB,

I've been to your site, but I obviously didn't read all of the messages. YEP, just what I thought, YOU ARE HIDING. An E-mail address means nothing. Post the same information I posted or consider yourself what you called me, A SPIRITUAL COWARD. Giving your E-mail address is like saying you are on the Internet, nothing. You even hide behind initials on your own site "N.B.", or are the initials false?

John here:

It seem that my last post was removed?  Smiley

You make accusations, & then say.. "I OBVIOUSLY DID NOT READ ALL OF THE MESSAGES."?? You best read 2 Cor. 4:2.

Yes, it is OBVIOUS!

If you are as "open as sunlight", post the same information I posted JTB, NB, YAHOO, or whoever you are. In the for what it is worth category, I knew you would hide. Not only are you hiding in the closet, there is NO LIGHT in your closet.

I'll pray for you JTB, ah? NB, ah? YAHOO, ah? whoever you are.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2003, 10:05:47 PM »

Hello "Open as Sunlight", JTB, NB, Yahoo, or Whoever,

Are you saying there is something there other than Mr. Yahoo?   Grin

If so, why don't you get brave, turn the light on, come out of the closet, and post it. Until then, wear your own tag, "Spiritual Coward". You designed it and it fits. I won't hold my breath waiting, but I will still pray for you Yahoo.

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2003, 04:14:12 AM »

If so, why don't you get brave, turn the light on, come out of the closet, and post it. Until then, wear your own tag, "Spiritual Coward". You designed it and it fits. I won't hold my breath waiting, but I will still pray for you Yahoo.

Sad, But True, Amen

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
John the Baptist
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2003, 08:11:06 AM »

Sad, But True, Amen

Brother Love Smiley

John here:
Forum readers. Here are two persons claiming to be Christians.
Both have made positives statements in the missive (post) above. One even says that the others post is true. Then follows by an Amen.

All one needs to do is read the library sites material to see if these Christians are of God? It is that simple! No LIARS will be in the kingdom of God!
".. Neither whatsoever worketh abomination, [OR MAKETH A LIE: .." Rev. 21:27.

One even SAYS: "It is OBVIOUS that I have not read all of the Material" This is ALSO OBVIOUS that this is the way the Master's Word is read too, or at least lived.  See Matt. 4:4

---John
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2003, 09:51:05 AM »

More proff of what the ORDINANCES really are

EPH.2  [15] Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;[16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances

JOSHUA 8,[31] As Moses the servant of the LORD commanded the children of Israel, as it is written in the book of the law of Moses, an altar of whole stones, over which no man hath lift up any iron: and they offered thereon burnt offerings unto the LORD, and sacrificed peace offerings.

book of the law of Moses

2 CHR.2   [4] Behold, I build an house to the name of the LORD my God, to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the LORD our God. This is an ordinance for ever to Israel.

burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening

HEBREWS 9[1] Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal
redemption for us.

first covenant had also ordinances of divine service
Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances,

HEBREWS 10[1] For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect..
[7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.[8] Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

yup

PSALM 40  [6] Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.[7] Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,[8] I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

yup

LEV.6  [8] And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,[9] Command Aaron and his sons, saying, This is the law of the burnt offering: It is the burnt offering, because of the burning upon the altar all night unto the morning, and the fire of the altar shall be burning in it.

This is the law of the burnt offering:
Yup. the law contained in the ordinances

Numbers 19  [1] And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,[2] This is the ordinance of the law which the LORD hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke:[3] And ye shall give her unto Eleazar the priest, that he may bring her forth without the camp, and one shall slay her before his face:[4] And Eleazar the priest shall take of her blood with his finger, and sprinkle of her blood directly before the tabernacle of the congregation seven times:

Does anyone believe these scriptures. Does anyone see the 10 commandments here in the law contained within then ordinances?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2003, 12:54:26 PM »

Hello Yahoo,

You started the name calling and you continue. However, you got caught in your own trap. I have my own Holy Bible, and it contains the Old Testament. I've read it countless times and will read it many more times. I'm not interested in reading your version of the Law or your interpretation that limits fellowship with the Lord and Saviour. In fact, you cheapen and take away from the GIFT and vainly try to add your own goodness to a perfect sacrifice. If you wish to live by the Law, you must live by all of it. You also advocate limiting fellowship with the Lord and Saviour to one day per week instead of 7. Your answer to being caught in your own trap is more name calling. Are you digging another hole that you, yourself, will fall into? "Open as sunlight", you need to examine the hole you are already in before you dig another one.

In the meantime, I'll tell you one more time that fellowship with THE LORD AND SAVIOUR is a real joy, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I'll continue to pray for you "Open as Sunlight". Your continued name calling is really getting pretty sad, for you. Now, here is what you have been waiting for and don't understand.

IN CHRIST (24/7).

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2003, 10:17:30 PM »

Hi Blackeyed Peas
Are you confusing me with someone else. Ive called no one names?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2003, 10:19:58 PM by Wreck N Sow » Logged
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2003, 10:33:48 PM »

And Black Eyed Peas
Since you brought up the pit i guess ill put in the WORDS 2 cents

PSALM 94 [11] The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.12] Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;[13] That thou mayest give him rest from the days of
adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.

Teach out of thy law - until pit digged for the wicked

PSALM 119 [84] How many are the days of thy servant? when wilt thou execute judgment on them that persecute me?[85] The proud have digged pits for me, which are not after thy law.[86] All thy commandments are faithful:
they persecute me wrongfully; help thou me.

They who are not after the law have dug pits(So BEPs as you can read its those who want GODS law thrown away that have dug the pits)ALL THY commandments faithful. Not just nine?

PROVERBS 28 [9] He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
[10] Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, he shall fall himself into his own pit: but the upright
shall have good things in possession.

Turn from hearing the law and fall into pit they themselves dug

ISAIAH 24 [3] The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.
[4] The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.[5] The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.[6] Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.[17] Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.[18] And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.[22] And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

DAY OF THE LORD - transgressed the laws-gathered in the pit - after many days visited (one thousand years?)

REV.20 [1] And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.[2] And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,[3] And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Is this the reason Jesus says that only a few will be saved? There are so many people that claim the 10 commandments are no longer to be kept. Most people intentionally do not keep GODS sabbath and ignore the commandment about graven images.

The new testament says if you break one of the commandments, you break them all. Has the whole world been decieved as the bible claims? Will good intentions or a warm fuzzy at a sunday go to meeting bring us eternal life or is it the keeping of GODS 10 commandments as JESUS said in Matt. 19 ?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2003, 10:38:02 PM by Wreck N Sow » Logged
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2003, 10:52:25 PM »

Hey BEPs,
You wrote
Hello Wreck,
If you have fellowship with Christ one day per week, you rob yourself of 6. There's the secret and part of the GOOD NEWS, the GOSPEL OF GOD'S GRACE.

Sooo....Do we lose this grace you speak of once we reach the 1000 year period of rest? Because the scripture below says at that time ALL flesh(those that are left after Jesus deals with transgressors) will come up to worship HIM on the sabbath day.

ISAIAH 66 [21] And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.[22] For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.[23] And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.[24] And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2003, 10:56:55 PM by Wreck N Sow » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the