Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:46:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God's Sabbath Rest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God's Sabbath Rest  (Read 22810 times)
John the Baptist
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2003, 08:35:14 AM »

Hay
What does everyone think and belief about the scripture below? Whats the scripture speaking of?

COL.2  [14] Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.[16] Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:[17] Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

John here:
Why not go back to the start of mankind & forget the Sanctuary added things for the question of Obedience & character TESTING?? These few 'sincere' guys here are still on milk! And the other boastfully saved ones?? See where they are located at in 2 Peter 3:14-17. O-P-E-N-L-Y! (at present)

The HANDWRITING OF ORDINANCES has nothing to do with The WRITING OF GOD'S TEN [COMMANDMENTS IN TABLES OF *STONE & *THEN IN THE FLESHY TABLES OF A BORN AGAIN BELIEVER'S MIND]. In FACT, that is the Top Priority for the TESTING OF ALL OF HIS WORD, to see if 'PROFESSORS' are [LIARS OR NOT]!!!! See Isa. 8:20

NO ONE was, or is SAVED BY ANY OTHER KIND OF GRACE AS SEEN [IN] CHRIST!! See Rom. 8:1. In CHRIST means no law?
Hog/wash! That was the first liar's message started in the
Heavenly Throne above. See Eze. 28 & Isa. 14:12-14.

These ALL DIED IN THE FAITH!! Heb. 11:13. See the FAITH of Gen. 3:15...The Lamb of of God that TAKETH AWAY THE SINS OF THE OBEDIENT! Acts 5:32. The DIS/OBEDIENT STILL HAVE THEM! Rom. 3:31. All OTHERS are [LOST] with out the Holy Ghost. No one on here seem's to know or even much care about the [VAIL] being rent from top to the bottom at Christ's death, MAKING THE WAY [INTO] THE MOST HOLY PLACE IN HEAVEN ITSELF, WHERE THE ARK OF GOD IS AT, WITH THE LAW OF GOD INSIDE THE ARK? Huh, they say?Huh? Huh--- Cry But tears do not help!

One does not need either the Holy ghost or 'OBEDIENT' Faith some claim. (just believe they say! Bottom line is just forget Acts 5:32) They try to change a EVERLASTING GOSPEL GOD as they 'see' fit, (satan's doctrine really) and the ONE THAT IS THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND [FOREVER]? satan tells us that the Master's 'EPISTLE' CHARACTER (Everlasting Covenant) is also changed! finished! Voided out!

Little is understood of an 'mature' Cain in Gen. 4:7 talking even perhaps face to face with the Master, and being told that the fruit sacrifice would cause his last act of sin to take place! James 1:15. Regardless of what sin it was, it was MATURE rebellion in the LAST STAGE. (Sunday for the Sabbath is rejecting the Master as was fruit substituted for the Lamb of God offering) And then the devil became the now, lost sinner Cains DESIRE! What is NEW? God says NOTHING IS NEW UNDER THE SUN!

The bottom line is simpley put: "[IF] YE LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS"! Also Matt. 28:20! And Rev. 12:17 & 1 John 2:4. So it is not hard to 'see' that for a 'Born Again' Christian,  understanding your verses, are not even neccessary, huh? See Rom. 2:14-15! These ones WERE BORN AGAIN and never even heard of the Master by 'name only'!! Yet [they HAD HIS CHARACTER] CREATED INTO THEIR HEARTS! Smiley Smiley

He, the Converted one of [TODAY] are too know, that the above texts from Col. all speak about the law that Moses wrote in a BOOK & placed in the [side] of God Royal Ark. (see Deut. 31) Which is a pattern of His Ark in the Throne room in the heavens! And that [satans lying idea] (teachings)  obviated ALL LAW FOR ALL OF THE [ONCE] SAVED and + ones even, huh? From heaven on down, himself & his fallen angels included.  

As told you before, before the saved of Eze. 37's 'all'  dead ones can come out of the closet (grave) they need the Born Again life! (LIFE, LIVE, WORKS OF LOVE!! MIDNIGHT CRY of Matt. 25's AWAKENING!!! ALL are asleep it says!)

Bottom line. You might try another forum? Send me an email if you are interested.

In the Master's quickly FINISHED work for the house of God First, (1 Peter 4:17)
                      John
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2003, 09:13:45 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Wreck N Sow,

You asked the question, and I tried to answer it. I find it ironic that I made a detailed post on this same subject before seeing your post. It is labeled "From Law to Grace" under this same section.

I'm not a preacher, and I know that I'm not very eloquent with words. However, I think that I gave you the plain and correct truth. I also suffer from the "bull in a china closet" syndrome, so I'm too blunt at times. It appears that you didn't like the answer I gave to your question. Let's see your answer to your own question.

First, you won't be able to give an answer without involving Christ and the meaning of his crucifixion, as HE is in the verses that are part of the question. Second, I don't think there is any other explanation that what I gave, but I look forward to seeing your reply. I'll give you a hint to help you with your answer with a second question that you should answer first. What does it mean that Christ came to fulfill the law? Who did HE fulfill the law for and for what purpose?

The Gospel of God's Grace is CHRIST and CHRIST crucified. At the time, this was a mystery not known to men from previous ages. This is the GOOD NEWS, something foretold but not understood.

In Christ.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2003, 09:20:02 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Ambassador4Christ,

I wondered where you were, so I went looking. Low and behold, I found you over here preaching the Gospel of God's Grace.

In Christ.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2003, 09:40:12 AM »

Hay
What does everyone think and belief about the scripture below? Whats the scripture speaking of?

COL.2  [14] Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.[16] Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:[17] Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The bottom line is simply put: "[IF] YE LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS"! Also Matt. 28:20! And Rev. 12:17 & 1 John 2:4. So it is not hard to 'see' that for a 'Born Again' Christian,  understanding your verses, are not even necessary, huh? See Rom. 2:14-15! These ones WERE BORN AGAIN and never even heard of the Master by 'name only'!! Yet [they HAD HIS CHARACTER] CREATED INTO THEIR HEARTS! Smiley Smiley

Oklahoma Howdy to John The Baptist,

I see that you didn't even attempt to answer Wreck N Sow's question about the verses he quoted from the New Testament. An answer from your perspective about those verses would be very difficult. Would you prefer that those and other verses be removed from the Holy Bible?

It appears that you are attempting to live under the law, and you are happy in your attempt. I am extremely happy to live under the Gospel of God's Grace. I saw you talking about leaving the forum because of us evil, In Christ, Believers, and partakers of God's Grace types. Yes, I am one of those TO THE CORE AND EXTREMELY HAPPY ABOUT IT. However, I would appreciate you answering one question for me. For what purpose did God send his Son to take the form of a man and be crucified on the cross? Did this GIFT change anything?

YES, I AM IN CHRIST!!!!!!!

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2003, 11:05:11 AM »

Black eyed Peas
I see that you didn't even attempt to answer Wreck N Sow's question about the verses he quoted from the New Testament. An answer from your perspective about those verses would be very difficult. Would you prefer that those and other verses be removed from the Holy Bible?

This seems to be national christian pick on John week.Remember B.E.P.youve already removed those scriptures from the bible that i sent earlier in reply to your reply.
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2003, 11:19:29 AM »

Hello AWL-what ya carvin up today

ORDINANCES OF THE SABBATHS, NEW MOONS AND FEAST DAYS

2 KINGS 17[36] But the LORD, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt with great power and a stretched out arm, him shall ye fear, and him shall ye worship, and to him shall ye do sacrifice.[37] And the statutes, and the ordinances, and the law, and the commandment, which he wrote for you, ye shall observe to do for evermore; and ye shall not fear other gods.

As you can see in above scripture-the ordinances,the law,and the commandments are all separate. Many have
come in the name of Christ and have decieved many, saying that HE nailed the ordinances, the law, and the ten commandments to the cross.
But thats not what the bible says

Above scripture says the handwriting of the ordinances were nailed to the cross. The 10 commandments were not nailed to the cross and niether were the ordinances. Only the laws contained in these ordinances which pointed to Jesus.
On the sabbaths,  new moons,  and the holydays (feast days)

NEH.10 [32] Also we made ordinances for us, to charge ourselves yearly with the third part of a shekel for the
service of the house of our God;[33] For the shewbread, and for the continual meat offering, and for the continual burnt offering, of the sabbaths, of the new moons, for the set feasts, and for the holy things, and for the sin offerings to make an atonement for Israel, and for all the work of the house of our God.

Do ya see how these offerings were made as an ordinance (the sin offerings to make an atonement for Israel), which pointed  to Christ (a shadow of Christ) and were done during these days.
The sabbaths - new moon - set feasts

2 CHR.8  [12] Then Solomon offered burnt offerings unto the LORD on the altar of the LORD, which he had built before the porch,[13] Even after a certain rate every day, offering according to the commandment of Moses, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts, three times in the year, even in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles.

The sabbaths - new moon - solemn feasts
As we can plainly see its not the sabbaths or the new moon or GODS holy days that were nailed to the cross. It was the meat and drink offerings of those days that were nailed to the cross! Think about the last supper! The bread and the wine! JESUS abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances!

ISAIAH 24 [5] The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.[6] Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

The bottom line is THE DAY OF THE LORD! He will come with fire! They changed the ordinance! They transgressed the laws. But there will be a FEW who will try to obey GOD.
BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD  and not the words of men!
John the Baptist
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2003, 02:44:44 PM »

------"Hello AWL-what ya carvin up today"-------  

Hi, John here:
perhaps they might decern your remark above? yet 'me' thinks not? Too fuzzy for them to catch, huh?

Anyhow just before the slaughter of the Master's [past] PROFESSED folk in Eze. 9, we see a couple reasons for the [why] of it all!? Exekiel's  inspired Words could have been perhaps, 'carvin up'?? They come in the previous chapter, and we will take a peek at them in a minute. (most here probably don't know about man adding the periods, comas & chapter numbers anyway? so will just forget this mention)

But chapter 8:16-18 & in part it states:
"And he brought me into the inner court of the Lord's House (holy place & Most Holy Place) and,at the door of the temple of the Lord, betwixt the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, [WITH THEIR BACKS TOWARD THE TEMPLE OF THE LORD, AND THEIR FACES TOWARDS THE EAST; (sunrise-Easter-Acts 12:4)
[AND THEY WORSHIPPED THE SUN TOWARD THE EAST."

Naw, they say, we don't Worship the sun!! We brought the right sacrifice! Gen. 4:7-1 John 2:4 Cry

Yet, what people was it that were 'thumbing their nose at Christ' in Eze. 8 verse 17 ??

Check Acts 12:1-5 And the Converted will quickly 'see' who it was that were keeping Moses Feast Days! Peter was LOCKED UP, & James had been killed with the sword, both by these 'professed' saints.  (verse 3) And what days were these said to be in that same verse?? (see 2 Chron. 8:13!)  All of these ones were KEEPING THE LAWS OF MOSES & HAD REJECTED THE MASTER!

And Eccl. 1:9-10 & Eccl. 3:15 tells us that today it is NO NEW THING!

---John

Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2003, 11:51:00 PM »

John
Glad ya brought up Ezek. He was a good old boy. Ill post some stuff tommorro that has to do with easter and that passage ya sent.
John the Baptist
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2003, 08:50:21 AM »

John
Glad ya brought up Ezek. He was a good old boy. Ill post some stuff tommorro that has to do with easter and that passage ya sent.

Hay, (Hi)
your stuff above reminded me of something. I wonder what you think of ALL of these (most?) coming out of the 'closet'
and they have no personal e-mail to 'reason together' in their profile??

Perhaps that is the way they think that Christ sent out His 'workers' huh? (or only believe ones?)

Whatever? Looking foward to your EASTER blessing,  Smiley Wink Gal. 1:6-9!

---John
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2003, 10:30:17 AM »

Hi John
Most this came from encyclopia. So believe it or not. Doesnt matter. But it was interesting to read in light of what the bible says would happen. The 10 scattered tribes were scattered because they were following Baal and in light of whats happened since, they appear to be still following for the most part.

Known as Isis to the Egyptions, Ostara, Eostre, Venus, Aphrodite, Astarte, and other names in other cultures, she was Diana to the Romans, but most commonly known as Ishtar, pronouned EASTER.
She symbolized the female principle, as Baal symbolized maleness. The Babylonian and Assyrian counterpart was called Ishtar. Easter Sunrise Service: This custom can be traced back to the ancient Pagan custom of welcoming the sun God at the vernal equinox - when daytime is about to exceed the length of the nighttime. It was a time to ‘’celebrate the return of life and reproduction to animal and plant life as well”

John. The easter bunnys and eggs. Did you ever wonder what that had to with Christ?

EZEK.8 [13] He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.[14] Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.[15] Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these.[16] And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD's house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.

Tammuz was killed by a wild boar. Semiramus is said to have WEPT for Tammuz 4o days, after which, he would be resurrected. This was during the springtime, when crops were planted. Hence, the eastern sunrise service honoring the resurrection, following the 40 days of "weeping for Tammuz", better known as LENT

You know the 1 place where easter is mentioned in the bible(king james),i went back to look at original spelling. Well, its spelled exactly the way passover is spelled.  
John the Baptist
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2003, 12:34:12 PM »

Hi, gotta run, but the Acts 12 chapter is a bundle of truth! verses 1-5 explains who were keeping the EASTER FEASTS DAYS of Gal. 4:9-11. And who is it today that are following Rome in Easter Sunday keeping?

We just cannot tell right off if they are ignorant 'sincere' Christians, or just plain ignorant?

Thanks for the commentary remark.

---John
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2003, 06:38:11 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Wreck and Baptist,

Many folks don't publish their E-mails on forums because of mail robots that harvest them. This usually results in tons of spam, much of it being of the gross variety.

If you boys are going to try to keep the law, you won't have time for E-mail. You boys need to get busy collecting the things you will need in the attempt. I'm not sure where you will find a High Priest to serve on your behalf, but that won' matter if you don't have a proper sacrifice. Further, you will really need to understand which violations involve a death sentence. One has to be alive to observe the Sabbath. Good luck boys.

I, for one, will rely on and trust in my LORD AND SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST.

John the Baptist
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2003, 09:53:34 PM »

Hi, gotta run, but the Acts 12 chapter is a bundle of truth! verses 1-5 explains who were keeping the EASTER FEASTS DAYS of Gal. 4:9-11. And who is it today that are following Rome in Easter Sunday keeping?

We just cannot tell right off if they are ignorant 'sincere' Christians, or just plain ignorant?

Thanks for the commentary remark.

---John

Back Wreck:
About the sincere or ignorant thing? These guys on here remind me of the Catholic thread over on the

Logan@123christian.com
(this is his email-ask him his site address)

There is a quote posted there for 'brain dead' Catholics from their [own] work. They don't see it of course, but take a look at the quote & let me know if you can see why it is so hard to reach ones set in dead denominational doctrines. Here is the quote with my highlights:

"We have NO RIGHT to ask reasons of the church, anymore than of Almighty God, as a preliminary to OUR SUBMISSION, We are to take with UNQUESTIONING DOCILITY, WHATEVER THE CHURCH GIVES US." ---The Catholic World, page 589.

And Baptists? 'Once saved Always Saved', Burning in hell eternally?? The devils first lie, that one does not die, but has an eternal soul?? And then, using the Catholics Sunday 's'abbath thing that ALL of her Daughters defend with every ounce of WORK, and then they say that you are saved & need no work!!? WOW, huh???

Hay, here is another one. (take a deep breath! Wink)
"All dogmatic decrees of ('this forum'.. er' a, of)  the Pope, (saved for ever, huh) made with or without his general council, ( Smiley naw, 'i' pass on that one, huh? well maybe just the amen kid then?) ARE INFALLIBLE ... Once made, no pope or council can reverse them...THIS IS THE CATHOLIC PRINCIPLE, THAT THE CHURCH CANNOT ERR IN FAITH."
---The Catholic World, pages 422, 423.

And posters with/out emails?? They ARE still the ones in the closet & are spiritual cowards! Or concerned with Spam?? Are folks so brain dead that they cannot find a deleat button?Huh? Matt, Mark, Luke, John, and Paul, all sent to do the Master's work from [hidden locations?] Wow! some Christian wittness.  

I have been on the internet for a number of years. And the mail in the inbox [is one of the best witnessing tools the Lord has blessed us with!] And some want to hide it under the bed? Cry  This is truly a 'sleeping' bunch of Matt. 25'ers here is all the Master has got to say!! Matt. 10:5-38 are not these ones!! but perhaps they might be the dead ones of Eze. 37?
Whatcha think Wreck?

---John

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2003, 11:21:33 PM »

And posters with/out emails?? They ARE still the ones in the closet & are spiritual cowards! Or concerned with Spam?? Are folks so brain dead that they cannot find a deleat button?Huh? Matt, Mark, Luke, John, and Paul, all sent to do the Master's work from [hidden locations?] Wow! some Christian wittness.  

Hello JTB,

I didn't think you would let that rest, so let's see if you practice what you preach. Every one of my messages has a link at the bottom that gives my full name, where I live, what I did for a living, and a lot of other personal information. Let's see as much personal information on you as I have provided about me. My E-mail is also available.

Go for it JTB or quit whining about something you yourself don't do. We'll all be waiting. In case you can't figure out how to click the link on the bottom of every one of my posts, here is my information:

Tom Rightmer
Lawton, Oklahoma
E-Mail - blkidps@sirinet.net
Web Site:  http://www.sirinet.net/~blkidps/index.html
Male
Scotch, Irish, Cherokee
Age 54
Christian (IN CHRIST!!!)
Retired and Disabled Police Officer

Post your's, or hide JTB and be a spiritual coward.   Cool
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 12:20:25 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2003, 11:24:55 PM »

Go John the Baptist Go Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the