Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:51:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I'm Lonely, Scared and Abandoned
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm Lonely, Scared and Abandoned  (Read 6362 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 08:13:46 PM »

My own pastor contacted me awhile ago - he said there are single ladies in the church that may need a roommate and my mailman attends my church; he offered to bring my mail to the door instead of me trying to make it to the mailbox.

Now is God at work, or what?  Cheesy

Blessings -
Yes that is God at work, sister. Grin  I will keep you in my prayers. If you need anything, PM me.

And in the immortal words of Gloria Gaynor: I WILL SURVIVE!  And I will keep you all posted on what's going on - you're stuck with me now!
AMEN!!
I haven't though of Gloria Gaynor, in a very long time. Sad  

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

John 21:22 Jesus said to him, If I want him to stay (survive, live) until I come, what is that to you? [What concern is it of yours?] You follow Me!

Battle Maiden

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2005, 07:42:12 AM »

Smiley

I am so sorry TalkerCat, I will pray that the Lord will give you that you need.

Battle Maiden
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2005, 11:27:16 PM »

Sister Terri,

I am very happy to hear about the recent developments. YES, we serve an AWESOME GOD. I think that many times the only real answers are when we place our burdens at the feet of JESUS and simply pray. But also remember that we are all here together as Brothers and Sisters in Christ. We all have JESUS but we also have each other. The biggest GIFT we can give each other is prayer, but our fellowship also involves care and concern. Many of us have strange schedules or sleeping problems, so a PM to several of us would almost always mean it would be read 24/7, and we would do whatever we could to help.

BUT, I'm also happy and give thanks that you have others who live close to you who care and will help. GOD works things out in wonderful ways.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 2:1-2 NASB  Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2005, 02:49:25 PM »

Sister Terri

I'll also be praying for you and Praise God, it already seems that God is working in your situation. I sometimes underestimate the power of prayer and so its great to read something like this and be reminded how powerful prayer is and how it can be answered so quickly.

I visit a number of forums, yet this one seems diffrent. The love that is here can be seen in the posts and in the friendships and i am so happy the Lord led me here. I may not post much but i read a lot. Blessings to all my family here at CU.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 02:50:44 PM by Joey » Logged
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005, 10:34:44 PM »

Hi Joey, glad to see you and thanks for your prayers.  I too, believe in it.  I hope you're welll  How's your puppy?  Please post more often so we can get to know you better.

Blessings -

technological

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 01:26:53 PM »

That's awesome about the mail man. I will be praying for you. Thanks for your email by the way Smiley Talk to you later!
Joey

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2005, 09:08:10 AM »

Hi Joey, glad to see you and thanks for your prayers.  I too, believe in it.  I hope you're welll  How's your puppy?  Please post more often so we can get to know you better.

Blessings -

Thanks TalkerCat. As i become braver, i'll try and post more often. I'm not very good with words... As for my puppy, he's growing real fast. I actually posted a new photo of him on the pets section the other day, if you haven't seen it yet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2005, 11:12:53 AM »

Blessings -

Thanks TalkerCat. As i become braver, i'll try and post more often. I'm not very good with words... As for my puppy, he's growing real fast. I actually posted a new photo of him on the pets section the other day, if you haven't seen it yet.

Hello Brother Joey,

I think you are very good with words, especially thoughts that are from a loving, Christian heart. Sweet Christians like you and many others are the basis for our fellowship. I simply give thanks that God allows us to enjoy each other's company.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 18:2 NASB  The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2005, 02:59:32 PM »

Dearest Brothers and Sisters,

Bill called today asking when he can come home.  I told him to stay away until after next week.  I'm going to the bank and to the Social Security office on Tuesday to straighten out my finances and I'm securing a cell phone in my name only.  Then I'll let him come back.  My pastor has offered counseling, but that is up to Bill.  Being that he's a nonbeliever I doubt that he accepts it (he doesn't want to hear about 'no religion'!).  Either way, an incident like this will NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN in that I'm prepared!  I'm not worried about this facade of a marriage - I have overwhelming health issues to concern myself with.

I want to thank everyone again for your support!  I know there is power in prayer and you came through for me like the soldiers of the Lord that you are!  I love you all and will keep you updated on the "Bill" situation.  And of course I'm still posting here and there.

Blessings -

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2005, 03:31:53 PM »

Bill called today asking when he can come home.  I told him to stay away until after next week.  I'm going to the bank and to the Social Security office on Tuesday to straighten out my finances and I'm securing a cell phone in my name only.  Then I'll let him come back.  My pastor has offered counseling, but that is up to Bill.  Being that he's a nonbeliever I doubt that he accepts it (he doesn't want to hear about 'no religion'!).  Either way, an incident like this will NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN in that I'm prepared!  I'm not worried about this facade of a marriage - I have overwhelming health issues to concern myself with.

I want to thank everyone again for your support!  I know there is power in prayer and you came through for me like the soldiers of the Lord that you are!  I love you all and will keep you updated on the "Bill" situation.  And of course I'm still posting here and there.

Blessings -
I will keep praying for you, sister Terri.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2005, 07:28:03 PM »

Blessings -

Thats great news sister in that your wellbeing is covered. I will still be praying for both you and Bill.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2006, 01:58:42 PM »

Terri, that is great news, but don't give up on Bill just yet. I know you have your health to worry about, but God is so amazing, tha he might have touched B9ill's heart and he might be ready to get some Christian counseling. Always keep good things in your thoughts and prayers, don't give up on him yet.
I am praying for both of you. And I am very happy to see that you are getting it all together.  Cheesy

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2006, 07:21:32 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I wish I could say that things were perfect; but they are much better.  On Tuesday I'm taking care of my Social Security and my bank account to make sure that Bill can't wipe me out.  I'll just start a seperate account in my name only.  The cell phone was easy to get, I took care of that already.  And I still have to talk to the landlord about adding my name to the lease. Now all I have to do is decide if I want a roommate, or if Bill's going to come back.  I know it sounds crazy, but Bill is just as nice as he is nasty!  I don't mind him so much when he's nice.  But when he's NASTY - there is hell to pay (as most of you know from my experience at Christmas).

What's most important is that God came through !  Cheesy .  There is power in prayer!  And there is a lot of love at this forum.   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Blessings ~

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2006, 07:58:24 PM »

Sister Terri, I will keep praying for you. Please keep us updated on this. I am also praying that Bill comes to God.

Resting in the warm embrace of the Lord.
Bob

1 Kings 1:1 AND KING David was old and advanced in years; they covered him with [bed]clothes, but he could not get warm.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 08:00:27 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2006, 08:34:55 PM »

Amen Sister Terri, there is power in prayer and I will continue praying for you and Bill.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the