Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:18:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I'm Lonely, Scared and Abandoned
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm Lonely, Scared and Abandoned  (Read 6361 times)
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 26, 2005, 09:06:03 PM »

Hello Dear Brothers and Sisters - I wish I could say that I was doing well, but I'm not.

Most of you know that I'm married to a nonbeliever.  Well, what I haven't admitted to is his cruelty, and Christmas was a hum dinger!  My husband has always called me filthy names and he's notorious for blaming me for his problems, but this time he got angry over a trivial occurance and left the house.  I don't know where he is.  When he left he took the phones so I can't call for help if I need it.... I'm physically vulnerable because I'm disabled and can't even LEAVE my house and go to a neighbor because I don't have a ramp to go over the curb! He rifled through my purse and took my ATM card and cell phone.  He told me that I have to move out of the house.  I don't know where to go.  I'm not a senior citizen yet, so I don't qualify for the senior housing.  I don't have children so I don't qualify for "Section 8".  My disability check will not cover rent on a place large enough to accomodate my (motorized) wheelchair.  I have an appointment tomorrow with a vascular surgeon; I'm consulting with him about the amputation of my other leg.  I'm so scared I can't stand it!  I'm having a hard time handing this over to God and not worrying.  I feel abandoned and lonely.

I'm asking you, my christian brothers and sisters to pray for me because I am unable to pray for myself right now.  My heart has been shattered and I don't have the strength to appeal to God, even though I know that's what I should do.  

Thank you all in advance

Blessings -

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 09:29:55 PM »

Hello Sister Terri,

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having this kind of trouble, and I will definitely be praying for you.

You probably remember that I'm a retired police officer. A temporary solution might be a women's shelter in your area. I don't think you've ever said anything about physical abuse, but it sounds like things have gotten pretty close to that. It's just an idea that you call your local police and find out. The typical shelter has all kinds of resources. Even if there isn't a shelter close, your local police department will have a directory of all kinds of services available in your area. I'm reasonably sure that they can help you with a temporary solution and probably connect you with the right people for a more permanent solution.

For the immediate communications problem, nearly all police agencies have email, and they read them pretty quickly, especially if you email their dispatch facility. If email isn't an option, you should probably try to get the attention of one of your neighbors. If you are hurt or have an immediate need, you can also send me a personal mail or email, and I'll make the calls for you from my home. My email address is:

blkidps@sirinet.net

I will try to watch my mail very closely until I know that you are OK. Please do let me know, and I will do the best I can to help you.

I'm sending this to you by PM also so that you will get it in your email. In the meantime, I will be praying for you. AND:

KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 105:3-4 NASB  Glory in His holy name; Let the heart of those who seek the LORD be glad.  Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face continually.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 10:02:43 PM »

Sister, Terri,

I am praying for you. You also have a PM coming.
Bob

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 11:21:11 PM »

Sister Terri,

My prayers are with you also.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 09:44:25 AM »

I will be praying for you also sister.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 10:22:34 AM »

Terri, I am praying for you. Remember with God all things are possible. Please consider Brother Tom's offer, you will get help. and please contact your bank as soon as possible and contact the Social Security office. You might need to have your check mailed elsewhere or open a new account to protect your income. Do you have the phone number to a neighbor or a family member that you can contact? I know you said he took the phones, but if you do, I can call someone for you to come and help you. In any case I think that the police would be able to help you as well. We are all here for you. Anything we can do for you we will gladly do. Just say the word.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 06:29:54 PM »

I'm so very grateful that God lead me to this site.  All the love is pouriing over and I feel so much support.

Since last night, a neighbor has loaned me her cell phone.  She came over to drop off Christmas cookies and found out I needed a phone.  I called my mom and she spent the night with me and took me to the doctor today.  When I got back from the doctor, Bill was here.  He was remorseful (he always is) but I told him that I would feel better if he'd stay with a friend for a few days while I sort things out.  In the meantime I'm taking BEP's and Sister Maria's advice; I'm going to contact the sheriff's office just to let them know that I'm disabled and in an abusive relationship.  I'm going to contact Social Security and have my checks mailed instead of auto-deposited, that way I won't be broke if/when he does this again.  I'm going to have an account seperate from his.  I have contacted the landlord and he's putting my name on the lease too so Bill can't kick me out AND I've already alerted my neighbor of the verbal abuse so we agreed that she'll keep a watch out and any time my truck is not in the carport after 11:00 pm, she's going to come over and check on me.....

I feel a lot more in control!  And in the immortal words of Gloria Gaynor: I WILL SURVIVE!  And I will keep you all posted on what's going on - you're stuck with me now!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 06:40:28 PM »

Praise God for the help sister. If there is anything at all that we can do for you just let us know.

you're stuck with me now!

A pleasure for sure.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 06:43:51 PM »

Terri what a relief to hear from you, please make sure that you will be able to get to the mailbox to get your checks, and call them before the 15th of the month in order for any changes to take place on the following check. Report your ATM card lost or stolen. And please be careful and stay in prayer. I am going to PM you, be on the look out.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Reba
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 06:56:00 PM »

Please put your plans into action quickly. Move on them while your not in a totally emotional upheavel.

Most of us here have heard the joke of the guy waiting on the roof top for God to rescue him fromt hbe flood waters..

He told the sharreffs he would be fine... he was waiting on the Lord

He told the guys in the row boat ....he was waiting on the Lord

He told the helocopter folks ....he was waiting on the Lord..

The he met St Peter and Peter asked him why he had not used the rescusers God had sent

Blackeyedpeas knows what he is talking about do WHAT EVER you must to keep your self safe.

Prayer  is often answered via practical means.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 07:12:03 PM »

Sister Terri,

YEAH!!! - Praise GOD!!! - Things already sound a lot better. I'm extremely happy that you know now that you always have options and alternatives.

We will continue to pray for you. Most Christians would tell you to try and make things work with your husband, and that would probably involve Christian counseling. However, there is a circumstance here that really bothers me - him intentionally leaving you without communications for however long that was. Sister, I know this is your business and you will make all the decisions, but I don't think that you should ever put up with anything like this again. It's not right and it's not safe. I know that GOD will always be with you, and I hope this will be a matter of prayer for you to let the LORD lead and guide you about what to do.

In the meantime, we will continue praying for you. We will also love you in Christ and treasure your friendship and fellowship.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 18:30-31 NASB  As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God,

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 07:16:55 PM »

My own pastor contacted me awhile ago - he said there are single ladies in the church that may need a roommate and my mailman attends my church; he offered to bring my mail to the door instead of me trying to make it to the mailbox.

Now is God at work, or what?  Cheesy

Blessings -

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 07:17:22 PM »

Praise God for the help sister. If there is anything at all that we can do for you just let us know.

you're stuck with me now!

A pleasure for sure.

For eternity!! Grin Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 07:19:22 PM »

My own pastor contacted me awhile ago - he said there are single ladies in the church that may need a roommate and my mailman attends my church; he offered to bring my mail to the door instead of me trying to make it to the mailbox.

Blessings -

Amen Sister, He is at that.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2005, 07:19:37 PM »

Blessings -

There ya go sister God is in control.. get all the help you can get until you are able to fend for yourself. Maybe it would be a good idea if you had a roommate.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the