Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:24:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Commandments Struck Down
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Commandments Struck Down  (Read 17744 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2005, 12:43:19 AM »

Sorry about that. I just can't resist the little one.

Speaking of resist. We are supposed to resist evil. How do we go about this? Definitely not like some of those radical militias that want to go around blowing things up. Besides fervent prayer (bruise those knees) we need to get involved in any legal way we can before it is illegal to do so. Writing our Congressmen. If the Congressmen don't agree then we vote them out. Proselytize. The more true believers there are the better chances we have.

When all is done that can be done, having fought the good fight, we must rely on the hands of God to protect us.

Yes, eventually it will get to the point where it will seem that we are overcome for Jesus tells it will be such and He does not lie.

I think that you may be right, that this is the time that he was talking about when He said "see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet."

He also told us "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

It tares my heart to think that my children and grandchildren may have to go through much worse but I rest in His hands that they are saved and He will care for them.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2005, 12:55:52 AM »

Right on Pastor Roger. When Jesus lives in a body, He will guide us.  Even during "protest".  He told us what it takes to be saved.  Through trials and tribuations, in the long run, as long as we confirm Him as King, - WE WIN!

Reba Said:
(speeding doesn't count)
He-he-he-he - Oh yea it does!!!!!

Reba making the quick get-away...

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2005, 01:17:07 AM »

One person here was talking about teaching some of the real history of this land … Wonderful idea…

Amen! That is a wonderful idea.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 12:42:02 PM »

Right on Pastor Roger. When Jesus lives in a body, He will guide us.  Even during "protest".  He told us what it takes to be saved.  Through trials and tribuations, in the long run, as long as we confirm Him as King, - WE WIN!

Reba Said:
(speeding doesn't count)
He-he-he-he - Oh yea it does!!!!!

Reba making the quick get-away...

JN....you might want to help Reba put the car in gear.............that way it will actually go somewhere.   Grin

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 01:15:36 PM »

It doesn't actually have a transmission.  None of those 25 cent rides outside of Walmart actually GO anywhere.   Cheesy

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 03:09:24 PM »

We are like frogs in the pot.... Cry

This started awhile back. Christian teaching using isolated scripture taught to stay out of politics. The good ol " My citizenship is in heaven". or "We dont need to bother ourselves with such things Jesus will rapture us out soon. "Yeah, if Jesus was here which country would He live in?" Politics is such a dirty business  a christian shouldnt get into it"

Thank God for placing me in this Good ol USA. As a Christian i feel i should be the best citizen i can be. This includes, voting, speaking out, being on local boards, flying the Flag, supporting the military.  Obeying laws (speeding doesn't count)  Grin In short doing what i can to effect the little piece of this land God planted me on. Saving the most important, praying for our land.

I have read and heard some of the wonderful things that happened  200+ years ago the mighty hand of God moved this fledgling  nation into power.  One person here was talking about teaching some of the real history of this land … Wonderful idea…

Good post, Reba.  

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2005, 03:24:55 PM »

The US Ninth Circuit Court (the most liberal and the most overturned court in US history) is being sued by a lawyer - (evidenly even more liberal than the court), for this:

Can you see what they are being sued for?  Look at the bottom left of the chair.

Getting kind of nit-picky, don't you think?

But guess who is paying for the law suit?  Yep - You and me.

JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2005, 03:35:35 PM »

It is past time to stop frivilous lawsuits that lawyers are getting rich off of and tax payers are suffering because of.

Could you give me a link to that info JN? I want to share it with a whole bunch of people.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 03:36:49 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2005, 03:37:12 PM »

It is past time to stop frivilous lawsuits that lawyers are getting rich off of and tax payers are suffering because of.

What do you propose to stop it?

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2005, 03:56:56 PM »

Sorry about that. I just can't resist the little one.

Speaking of resist. We are supposed to resist evil. How do we go about this? Definitely not like some of those radical militias that want to go around blowing things up. Besides fervent prayer (bruise those knees) we need to get involved in any legal way we can before it is illegal to do so. Writing our Congressmen. If the Congressmen don't agree then we vote them out. Proselytize. The more true believers there are the better chances we have.

When all is done that can be done, having fought the good fight, we must rely on the hands of God to protect us.

Yes, eventually it will get to the point where it will seem that we are overcome for Jesus tells it will be such and He does not lie.

I think that you may be right, that this is the time that he was talking about when He said "see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet."

He also told us "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

It tares my heart to think that my children and grandchildren may have to go through much worse but I rest in His hands that they are saved and He will care for them.

I'm not sure of where we are exactly in reference to the end as we know it.  I do know that this world is in the worst condition that I can remember.  Technology has played a major part in the lack of morals we see today.  I remember the 50's and we all got along just find without all this "stuff" we have today.  I appreciate being able to talk to all of you guys on the internet....................that's a good thing Wink.  I'd rather do without that good thing if it could change morality, though.  

What do you think might happen if the people revolt?  It wouldn't be a nice sight for anyone, but I think it just might make life better for future generations. For now, it would be devastating in more ways I even care to think about.  We just can't sit by and let our rights get taken away.  I really think God wants us to live and be fruitful and not sit back thinking that there isn't any use because He's coming back soon.  This attitude scares me.

Proselytize..................I agree here if it isn't used to convert one from, let's say, one Christian denomination to another.  Usually that word has negative connotations because it means just that.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2005, 03:58:05 PM »

Here you go PR - It took me a while to find it - I actually read in today's paper...

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/email/news/12003433.htm

JPD
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2005, 04:05:35 PM »

The US Ninth Circuit Court (the most liberal and the most overturned court in US history) is being sued by a lawyer - (evidenly even more liberal than the court), for this:

Can you see what they are being sued for?  Look at the bottom left of the chair.

Getting kind of nit-picky, don't you think?

But guess who is paying for the law suit?  Yep - You and me.

OK then, if we are paying for it and we disagree with doing so, should we all just stop paying income taxes?  I think, we, the people, can do something about what's going on, but most of us aren't willing, because we'd rather put up with it.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2005, 04:16:01 PM »

Here you go PR - It took me a while to find it - I actually read in today's paper...

I'm not signing up to read this.  I get enough unwanted emails as it is.  I'd like to read this, too.  If there's another way, other than registering, let me know.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2005, 04:32:55 PM »

Thanks JN.

Cris,

I agree that we should do something about it. To stop paying taxes would be a futile attempt. It would get us imprisoned and still not accomplish anything positive. Some day it may lead to Christians being imprisoned but let us do so for the right reasons. When it comes to taxes Jesus taught us to "render unto Caesar that which belongs to Caesar".

Again, someday it may come to revolting against the Govn't but I don't believe that this is that time. There are still methods of redress that are available to us that can be used without breaking any laws. The problem here is that most people are content to live in their own little world. They don't see how these will affect them in the long run or they just don't want to disrupt their current happy lives to do something about it.

Personally I am using all methods available to me that I am physically able to handle. Writing to my State Reps and Senators. Contacting as many people as I can reach by phone or internet. Talking about it to people at the VA center when I go there. Discussing it with Church members.

Whether they are Christians or not, explaining to them what these actions means to them. Trying to get them all to understand the problems that we all face and encouraging them to do something about it.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2005, 04:34:42 PM »

I'm not signing up to read this.  I get enough unwanted emails as it is.  I'd like to read this, too.  If there's another way, other than registering, let me know.

Hold on Cris. I'll sign up using one of my throw away email addees and post it here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the