Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:45:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Commandments Struck Down
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Commandments Struck Down  (Read 17646 times)
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« on: June 27, 2005, 10:36:57 AM »

The Supreme Court, in a split decision, just ruled against the 10 Commandments in court houses.  They say it breaks the non-written “rule” (contrived by such loony-heads as the ACLU) that God is not allowed in government.

Does this mean the dunder-heads will be removing the dozen or so displays and references to the Commandments in their own halls of the Supreme Court?  

I’m sorry – I have no respect for the Supreme Court.  Zero.  Zilch.  Nadda.  

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/SupremeCourt/wireStory?id=885213

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 11:18:31 AM »

I agree JN, I have no respect for our current Supreme Court either. This is all the more reason we need to pray for the people of this nation and those holding such power over it. It would help if Judge Rhenquist would retire and a sensible Judge takes his place.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Alnilam

ATM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 05:43:40 PM »

The atheists are angry, Christians are angry.  To me that sounds like it just could be a good decision.

What personal liberties or freedoms have been lost ?

Peace
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 06:03:26 PM »

Okay – I’ve thought about it – it took about 10 seconds.

Freedoms or liberties lost?  

Americans should have the freedom to understand how our laws were established and what those laws are based on.  

Americans should have the liberties to display unrevised history.  

Liberals do not recognize a “higher power” as being responsible.  They want all the little children (and naïve adults) to believe that anything good is a result of the “modern liberal collective” rather than having a moral basis beyond what a liberal can comprehend.  (Liberals want to steal the credit from God.)  

I’ve lost the freedom to see the displays and I’ve lost the liberty to acknowledge the displays.  

Modern liberalism, just as communism before them, wish to REPLACE GOD with their collective selves.  They cannot BE GOD until God is wiped from the minds of the ignorant.  

That’s what this is all about.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 06:28:02 PM »

They ruled against one 10C display but ruled for another. Supposedly the reason was that the display ruled for had other displays around it that were historical on non-religious therefore those 10C's was considered part of an historical display. The one ruled against stood out by itself therefore the intent of that display was religious.

Go figure...ruling on "intent of the display". Sounds like criminal laywer jargon.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 09:11:39 PM »

They ruled against one 10C display but ruled for another. Supposedly the reason was that the display ruled for had other displays around it that were historical on non-religious therefore those 10C's was considered part of an historical display. The one ruled against stood out by itself therefore the intent of that display was religious.

Go figure...ruling on "intent of the display". Sounds like criminal laywer jargon.

Why is it that so few "KNOW what the intent was, or is, and vote, based on that?

Well guys, we better all band together and start an organization bigger than THEM or, we're just going to watch our beloved America sink into the pit.  It's going to take ALL of us.

What happened the first time the 10 Commandments were struck down (broken) by Moses?  We either have to pray for restoration and or get busy and do something about it.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 09:28:48 PM »

I agree with that.

They might destroy all those that are written in stone, but thank God there are some they will never destroy.

2Co 3:3  Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 09:33:05 PM »

Okay – I’ve thought about it – it took about 10 seconds.

Freedoms or liberties lost?  

Americans should have the freedom to understand how our laws were established and what those laws are based on.  

Americans should have the liberties to display unrevised history.  

Liberals do not recognize a “higher power” as being responsible.  They want all the little children (and naïve adults) to believe that anything good is a result of the “modern liberal collective” rather than having a moral basis beyond what a liberal can comprehend.  (Liberals want to steal the credit from God.)  

I’ve lost the freedom to see the displays and I’ve lost the liberty to acknowledge the displays.  

Modern liberalism, just as communism before them, wish to REPLACE GOD with their collective selves.  They cannot BE GOD until God is wiped from the minds of the ignorant.  

That’s what this is all about.

Hear you loud and clear.

THEY banded together, we didn't.  Are there more of us or more of them?  If we don't like what's happening, then we better do something instead of talking about what THEY'RE taking away from us. They count on middle class America doing nothing.  Middle class America is only good to go to war to keep THEM free.  No doubt in my mind that God has blinded them.  It doesn't appear they're any different than psycho's.

I really think WE need to wake up.  Sorry 'bout being so blunt.  I know, no one really wants to hear this.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 09:41:49 PM »

I really don't know who there are more of. There are many that profess to be Christian but are so liberal that they would agree with the removal of the 10C's from all public places.

But does it matter who has the largest numbers? After with Christ on our side they would be outnumbered if it were 1,000 of them to each 1 of us.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 09:53:14 PM »

I agree with that.

They might destroy all those that are written in stone, but thank God there are some they will never destroy.

2Co 3:3  Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

I'll AMEN that, PR.

OK, it's written on our hearts to love our neighbor as ourselves.  Is the government our neighbor?  Is the ACLU our neighbor?  Do we give them our shirt, too?  Or, as a people of God, do we revolt against the evil?  How, besides praying?

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 09:58:57 PM »

The Word lives.

JPD
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 10:18:16 PM »

I really don't know who there are more of. There are many that profess to be Christian but are so liberal that they would agree with the removal of the 10C's from all public places.

But does it matter who has the largest numbers? After with Christ on our side they would be outnumbered if it were 1,000 of them to each 1 of us.

Numbers?  Well, we just can't sit back and let them do this, can we?  In the end, we win.  But, I'm talking about life here on earth for us, our children and grandchildren.  If Christ tarries, this earth is going to be an awful place for future generations.  Every time I think about this, I think about what the Word says in reference to wars, rumors of wars, pestilence, etc. and how He said not to fear, because these things have to take place.  I wonder if He meant what is going on now, or if we are supposed to get in there and confront this evil.  I know I'm extremely upset about what's happening but I don't know what to do about it.  I know what I'd like to do. Grin  Forget I said that!  I was also thinking about what I posted last week about the volcano.  Maybe, we Christians are that volcano.  To say the least, it's very disturbing and even more disturbing that more than half the people, plain and simple, don't think it'll affect them.  Me thinks all of us need to re-priortize.  

OK, I'm finished ranting for the night.  I think. Grin  I better be or I'll never sleep. Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 10:31:56 PM »

The granddaughter just came over. I'm not ignoring your question but my answer will be lengthy. I'll have to get back to you on it later.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 11:04:46 PM »

The granddaughter just came over. I'm not ignoring your question but my answer will be lengthy. I'll have to get back to you on it later.

OK.  I'm not sure I'll be back tonight, either.  

Grace and peace,
cris

Reba
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2005, 12:35:46 AM »

We are like frogs in the pot.... Cry

This started awhile back. Christian teaching using isolated scripture taught to stay out of politics. The good ol " My citizenship is in heaven". or "We dont need to bother ourselves with such things Jesus will rapture us out soon. "Yeah, if Jesus was here which country would He live in?" Politics is such a dirty business  a christian shouldnt get into it"

Thank God for placing me in this Good ol USA. As a Christian i feel i should be the best citizen i can be. This includes, voting, speaking out, being on local boards, flying the Flag, supporting the military.  Obeying laws (speeding doesn't count)  Grin In short doing what i can to effect the little piece of this land God planted me on. Saving the most important, praying for our land.

I have read and heard some of the wonderful things that happened  200+ years ago the mighty hand of God moved this fledgling  nation into power.  One person here was talking about teaching some of the real history of this land … Wonderful idea…
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the