Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:27:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prophecy, Drought, Earthquakes, Famine, Pestilence, War, and Strange Weather.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prophecy, Drought, Earthquakes, Famine, Pestilence, War, and Strange Weather.  (Read 100697 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2005, 04:02:48 PM »

I wonder what the effect would be if the magnetic effect of one of these were to reach the surface of earth?

Ahhhhh....just about the same as putting a litter of mice in a microwave.  Tongue

Actually, the best description occurs in
Rev 16:9
And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

Exactly and I have a big feeling that A/C units won't be of any help even if they work, which I doubt they will as strong magnetic fields will have an effect on the motors. There will be no relief.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2005, 01:14:19 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I will simply say that the Bible prophecy in Revelation is not just a tale or something to be explained away. Revelation involves facts, and everything there will be fulfilled to the letter at God's appointed time.

Nobody will be laughing at Almighty God at His appointed time. There will be many times of terror and horror beyond human description. The Great Wrath of an ALL POWERFUL ALMIGHTY GOD will be poured out upon the earth, not just once or twice, but each and every PROMISE that has already been made in the Holy Bible. The only Salvation is JESUS CHRIST, and tomorrow might be too late to accept HIM. This minute is the right time to find out about JESUS.

Love In Christ,
Tom

I Peter 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Ephesians 2:1-7  And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Shemaya
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2005, 01:33:51 PM »

I've been noticing this too.I don't like it.It's kinda freakin' me out and wondering if the end id coming
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2005, 03:31:50 PM »

Shemaya,

For those with JESUS in their hearts:

Any trials or suffering during this short life is nothing compared to the GLORY that WILL BE in CHRIST FOR ETERNITY.

There are various opinions about the RAPTURE of the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST, but I believe that HIS CHURCH will be RAPTURED prior to the Tribulation Period. If so, Christians will already be home with JESUS in Heaven during this horrible time. I have many firm reasons why I believe this, so I don't fear the Tribulation Period at all.

If I'm wrong about the RAPTURE of HIS CHURCH, Christians will face physical death. We face physical death every day anyway, but "Absent from the body, present with the LORD! So, if we die today, are killed today, or we are killed in the Tribulation Period, we will simply go home to spend eternity with JESUS. Every man has a fear of physical death in varying degrees. BUT, a Christian's greatest joy is finally realized when they go home to spend eternity with JESUS!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 1:12-14  Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2005, 03:46:38 PM »

Mat 10:28  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Rev 2:10  Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2005, 04:18:44 PM »

Mat 10:28  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Rev 2:10  Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Pastor Roger,

AMEN BROTHER!!!

The mighty words of the Holy Bible are always the best answer. Thank you brother.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 5:14-16  Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Mysak

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2005, 08:26:41 AM »

Comet strike surprisingly more likely  
For immediate release
20 October 2004
Research conducted by a Cardiff University astronomy scientist suggests that a comet colliding with Earth is actually more likely than was previously believed.

Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe, Honorary Professor Bill Napier and research student Janaki Wickramasinghe of Cardiff University’s Centre for Astrobiology believe that some comets are not visible using current astronomical scanning equipment. They argue that if this is the case, international programmes designed to detect near-Earth asteroids, and ways to reduce the worst effects of them colliding with Earth may need to be urgently reviewed.

Professor Wickramasinghe said, "It’s possible that we are missing many of these Earth-threatening objects and we need to think again about mitigating strategies - some of which assume decades or centuries of warning before impact."

The team has found that the surfaces of inactive comets, if composed of loose,

fluffy organic material like cometary meteoroids, develop such small reflectivities - they appear invisible. The near-Earth objects may therefore be dominated by a population of fast, kilometres-wide bodies, too dark to be seen with current surveys.  

A new NASA mission will scan the entire sky with an infrared telescope - like a powerful set of night vision goggles to search for cool, or failed, stars, called brown dwarfs, and also dark comets and cometary fragments, of the type proposed by Professor Wickramasinghe and his team, that pose a previously unrecognised threat to our planet.

~ends~

PS.
Mysak writes: it looks in Revelation as if 2 such things will hit earth, one will destroy many ships, the other poisen waters.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2005, 11:51:46 AM »

It is going to happen, and there's not a thing anyone can do about it.
Thank God we will not be here to suffer the consequences.

Rev 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;  

Rev 8:9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.  

Rev 8:10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;  

Rev 8:11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.  

Rev 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.  

Rev 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!  

Scofers only scoff until they scorch!

Bronzesnake
Mysak

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2005, 02:34:16 AM »

Well Bronzesnake
 I really do wish you are right when you wrote:"Thank God we will not be here to suffer the consequences."
But as I wrote in disscusion concerning pre trib. ruption, the only clear time indication I found in Bible for pre trib. rup. is the last trumpet Paul talks about.
All the other reasonings I read there are only POSSIBLE explanations, nothing that is supported with such a direct word from bible as the last trumpet. If you can ignore that last trumpet as meaning something else, than you can ignore almost anything quoted from Revelation for support of pre trib. rupt.
Mysak
P.S. I do not say I am right, But in absence of clear evidence I respect the only clearly time indicating written word. If that is not correct, than even antichrist defeating saints might refer to the Church, in such a case.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2005, 01:49:22 PM »

Well Bronzesnake
 I really do wish you are right when you wrote:"Thank God we will not be here to suffer the consequences."
But as I wrote in disscusion concerning pre trib. ruption, the only clear time indication I found in Bible for pre trib. rup. is the last trumpet Paul talks about.
All the other reasonings I read there are only POSSIBLE explanations, nothing that is supported with such a direct word from bible as the last trumpet. If you can ignore that last trumpet as meaning something else, than you can ignore almost anything quoted from Revelation for support of pre trib. rupt.
Mysak
P.S. I do not say I am right, But in absence of clear evidence I respect the only clearly time indicating written word. If that is not correct, than even antichrist defeating saints might refer to the Church, in such a case.

My friend.

If you read the Rapture verses carefully, you will see the Trump described as - the last trump of God. Look anywhere else in Revelation for God's trump and you will not find it. All other trumps are sounded, not by God, but by angels.

This is a very important distinction which clearly marks the signal from God to begin the Rapture. Therefore, we do not have to confuse the "last trump" which is at the end of Revelations, with "God's last Trump" which is prior to the Tribulation.

Bronzesnake
Mysak

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2005, 03:03:58 AM »

Yes Bronzesnake,
You realy could be right about that trump, and I might be wrong.
But for me, that was the only clear word indicating that rupture would come before antichrist, beast and tribulation.
All the other explanations and " proofs" I have ever heard (or read here) "Church age" , stop of "clock" counting weeks from Daniel and so on, are only asumptions, speculations and possible explanations, very much the same sort of argumentation as Wittness of Jehova use.
I am not in any way looking down, or dissregarding such studies and attempts to find the truth, ( some of them might hit the nail) but I do not like when those are presented as sure evidence, insted of POSSIBLE , with such a poor evidence ( no evidence only indicie, that can be explained aither way)  at hand.
Mysak
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2005, 01:22:48 AM »

Yellowstone Rated High for Eruption Threat

Sat May 7, 3:30 PM ET

The Yellowstone caldera has been classified a high threat for volcanic eruption, according to a report from the U.S. Geological Survey.

Yellowstone ranks 21st most dangerous of the 169 volcano centers in the United States, according to the Geological Survey's first-ever comprehensive review of the nation's volcanoes.

Kilauea in Hawaii received the highest overall threat score followed by Mount St. Helens and Mount Rainer in Washington, Mount Hood in Oregon and Mount Shasta in California.

Kilauea has been erupting since 1983. Mount St. Helens, which erupted catastrophically in 1980, began venting again in 2004.

Those volcanoes fall within the very high threat group, which includes 18 systems. Yellowstone is classified with 36 others as high threat.

Recurring earthquake swarms, swelling and falling ground, and changes in hydrothermal features are cited in the report as evidence of unrest at Yellowstone.

The report calls for better monitoring of the 55 volcanoes in the very high and high threat categories to track seismic activity, ground bulging, gas emissions and hydrologic changes.

University of Utah geology professor Robert Smith, who monitors earthquakes and volcanic activity in Yellowstone, said more real-time monitoring should be helpful.

"We've really been stressing over the last couple of years that the USGS should consider hazards as a very high priority in their future," he said. "We need to get the public's confidence and the perception that we're doing it right."

The university has joined the Geological Survey and Yellowstone National Park in creating the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory, which uses ground-based instruments throughout the region and satellite data to monitor volcanic and earthquake unrest in the world's first national park.

The USGS report recognizes Yellowstone as an unusual hazard because of the millions of people who visit the park and walk amid features created by North America's largest volcanic system, Smith said, a status he has been advocating for years.

Smith does not paint the devastating picture portrayed in a recent TV docudrama but said smaller threats exist. For example, a lower-scale hydrothermal blast could scald tourists strolling along boardwalks.

Emissions of toxic gases from the park's geothermal features also pose a threat. Five bison dropped dead last year after inhaling poisonous gases trapped near the ground due to cold, calm weather near Norris Geyser Basin.

Stepped up monitoring and a new 24-hour watch office could lead to more timely warnings and help avoid human catastrophes at Yellowstone and nationally, according to the USGS.

Forty-five eruptions, including 15 cases of notable volcanic unrest, have been documented at 33 volcanoes in the U.S. since 1980, according to the report, released April 29.

____

On the Net:

U.S. Geological Survey: http://www.usgs.gov

Volcano Threat Report: http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2005/1164

Yellowstone Volcano Observatory: http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/yvo/index.html

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050507/ap_on_sc/yellowstone_volcano_threat&printer=1

I've forgotten where, I had posted on Yellowstone before. So I am posting this here now. About  months ago, I had posted about this. I wouldn't worry about this yet. Only those that miss the rapture, should worry.
Bob

Acts 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

Bronzesnake
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2005, 04:06:19 AM »

Yes Dreamweaver, I've been reading about Yellowstone for some time now, scientists are at a loss to predict exactly what will or will not happen. It could be a huge disaster.
I think there are many explosive events just waiting for the Rapture to occure before they will begin to go off.

On a lighter side - Yogi and Boo-Boo are reporting that Jellystone Park is safe and want visitors to come and visit. Yogi says each visitor must bring a "pic-a-nik basket!"  Grin

Bronzsnake
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2005, 11:47:24 AM »

On a lighter note BRNZ, Yogi and Boo-Boo have enought "pic-a-nik baskets!" I'll bet you they have enought, to build a mansion.  Grin

On a more serious note.
One of the sites I visit reguarly, I e-mailed the director. Here is what he had to say;
Hi Bob -

Thank you for your e-mail and the USGS reference.

Actually that was USGS Report 2005-1164 that was just released and yes, I have read it in detail.  As a matter of fact, I just sent an e-mail the other day to the USGS with the probability calculations as a result of Eruption Pro 10.5 on all the volcanoes cited.

With regard to Yellowstone -- the short answer is that it is acting completely normal for the moment.  An update of Yellowstone can be gleaned from our SWVRC website in the "Restless Volcanoes Status Report" section.

Again, many thanks.

Respectfully,

SOUTHWEST VOLCANO RESEARCH CENTRE

"R. B."

************, Ph.D.
Director & Principal Research Volcanologist

Note:  All SWVRC e-mails have been screened for viruses prior to sending for your protection.

Here is the report.
http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2005/1164/

An Assessment of Volcanic Threat and Monitoring Capabilities in the United States:
Framework for a National Volcano Early Warning System

A National Volcano Early Warning System – NVEWS – is being formulated by the Consortium of U.S. Volcano Observatories (CUSVO) to establish a proactive, fully integrated, national-scale monitoring effort that ensures the most threatening volcanoes in the United States are properly monitored in advance of the onset of unrest and at levels commensurate with the threats posed. Volcanic threat is the combination of hazards (the destructive natural phenomena produced by a volcano) and exposure (people and property at risk from the hazards).

The United States has abundant volcanoes, and over the past 25 years the Nation has experienced a diverse range of the destructive phenomena that volcanoes can produce. Hazardous volcanic activity will continue to occur, and – because of increasing population, increasing development, and expanding national and international air traffic over volcanic regions – the exposure of human life and enterprise to volcano hazards is increasing. Fortunately, volcanoes exhibit precursory unrest that if detected and analyzed in time allows eruptions to be anticipated and communities at risk to be forewarned with reliable information in sufficient time to implement response plans and mitigation measures.

In the 25 years since the cataclysmic eruption of Mount St. Helens, scientific and technological advances in volcanology have been used to develop and test models of volcanic behavior and to make reliable forecasts of expected activity a reality. Until now, these technologies and methods have been applied on an ad hoc basis to volcanoes showing signs of activity. However, waiting to deploy a robust, modern monitoring effort until a hazardous volcano awakens and an unrest crisis begins is socially and scientifically unsatisfactory because it forces scientists, civil authorities, citizens, and businesses into “playing catch up” with the volcano, trying to get instruments and civil-defense measures in place before the unrest escalates and the situation worsens. Inevitably, this manner of response results in our missing crucial early stages of the volcanic unrest and hampers our ability to accurately forecast events. Restless volcanoes do not always progress to eruption; nevertheless, monitoring is necessary in such cases to minimize either over-reacting, which costs money, or under-reacting, which may cost lives.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2005, 12:02:13 PM »

Along the same lines:
New Madrid Fault Averages Over 200 Events Yearly
Most people think that destructive earthquakes only occur in the western United States. To the contrary, St. Louis is located in the most active seismic zone east of the Rocky Mountains. In the winter of 1811-1812 the Central Mississippi Valley was struck by three of the most powerful earthquakes in U.S. history. The Great New Madrid Earthquake was actually a series of over 2000 shocks in five months, five of which were 8.0 or more in magnitude. Eighteen of these rang church bells on the Eastern seaboard. The very land itself was destroyed in the Missouri Bootheel, making it unfit for farming for many years. It was the largest burst of seismic energy east of the Rocky Mountains in the history of the U.S. and was several times larger than the San Francisco quake of 1905.

As has been shared; there will be no place to hide...

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the