Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:14:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prophecy, Drought, Earthquakes, Famine, Pestilence, War, and Strange Weather.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prophecy, Drought, Earthquakes, Famine, Pestilence, War, and Strange Weather.  (Read 100788 times)
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2005, 05:38:46 PM »

I'm  honestly  beginning  to  think  that  the  end  is  near.

There have been people in every generation since the one contemporary with Jesus that have said the same thing!

They have all been wrong, for the last two thousand years.

The doomsayers of this generation who say we are in the "End Times" are wrong too!

2Pe 3:3
Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
:4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as [they were] from the beginning of the creation

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Dyskolos

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »

So far the scoffers have been right, every single one of them, for the last two thousand years!

So maybe these aren't the last days. Sometime people scoff because the thing they're scoffing need to be scoffed at.

I suspect that when the end actually does draw near, there won't be too much doubt about it.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2005, 04:54:18 PM »

So far the scoffers have been right, every single one of them, for the last two thousand years!

So maybe these aren't the last days. Sometime people scoff because the thing they're scoffing need to be scoffed at.

I suspect that when the end actually does draw near, there won't be too much doubt about it.
Roll Eyes Well because you don't see any signs. I would suggest you search the Bible.

Dyskolos

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2005, 07:48:39 PM »

Still scoffing!

One suggestion I would have would be to educate yourself a little about the Scriptures, particularly Daniel & Revelation.

Anyway time will tell.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2005, 12:06:41 AM »

Still scoffing!

One suggestion I would have would be to educate yourself a little about the Scriptures, particularly Daniel & Revelation.

Anyway time will tell.
No my friend, I see you are scoffing. Talking about Daniel and Revelations, you need to reread them. The only things that have nnot happened yet.
Russia becoming a major power again.
The Temple in Jerusalem being rebuilt.

One thing I do agree with.... Time will tell...... Smiley

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2005, 12:20:44 AM »

2Pe 3:3  Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4  And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Mat 24:42  Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Mat 24:44  Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Are you ready, are you watching?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2005, 12:52:37 AM »

Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring

This happened while I was gone.

Solar Tsunami Alert As Giant Sunspot Erupts

Three days ago the sunspot numbered 10720 barely rated a mention. But as it rotated into an earth-facing position, the boiling solar cauldron quickly mushroomed in size to over seven times the diameter of our own planet. Now experienced observers say it has explosive potential for massive solar eruptions aimed at Earth.

By late yesterday, the sunspot was large enough to be seen with the unaided eye, and SpaceWeather.com was warning the sunspot posed a threat for strong M-class solar flares. However early today, solar watcher Jan Alvestad reported that the sunspot has already produced an even stronger X-class 1.2 flare at 00:43UT.

It's been a busy 24 hours on the sun. A total of 28 C-class events were recorded yesterday --the most C flares in a single day during the current solar cycle 23.

Alvestad also noted that Sunspot 10720 now had the largest penumbra observed in solar cycle 23. In his 5am report he wrote:

"Within this penumbra [is an] extremely strong positive polarity field in the south. That positive polarity area has the longest and largest umbra I have ever observed."

Not only that, but the internal structure of the sunspot is capable of producing spectacular effects, according to Alvestad's evaluation.

Alvestad says the western end the positive umbra is actually in contact with the negative polarity umbra --causing exceptional magnetic shear. When the structure of the magnetic field around a sunspot becomes twisted and sheared, then magnetic field lines can connect with explosive results.

The size of 10720 and its observed structure have significant implications: "Extremely energetic flares, above the X10 class level, are possible," writes Alvestad "This region has the potential to generate flares similar to those observed in October/November 2003."

Such an X-class 10 flare would certainly rank along with the historic flares of late 2003, when a series of nine massive X-class solar eruptions in only 12 days all largely missed Earth.

Coronal mass ejections move like a three-dimensional wave, sweeping outward from the epicenter at the Sun. Even though Earth was not directly struck, two Japanese satellite failures and a power outage in Sweden were blamed on the solar storms.

Those outbursts culminated in an X20 --the largest ever recorded. That remarkable flare emanated from a region of the Sun about 15 times the size of Earth. The sunspot had already rotated around to the back side of the Sun, so the massive outburst was thankfully not pointed at Earth.

We will need the same luck again, as Sunspot 10720 will be aimed towards Earth for the next few days.

Commercial space weather forecast center Spacew.com notes that should eruptions occur, they are : "likely to be associated with Earthward-directed coronal mass ejections."

The estimates of the risk of a significant eruption are taking place against a backdrop of Solar Radio Flux measurements showing a significant rise in recent days.

Should an Earth-directed eruption occur, its effects will depend in part on the orientation of the magnetic field of the ejected solar material. A southward orientation would more deeply penetrate Earth's northward-facing magnetic ionosphere. Despite the massive explosive power of such sunspots, our protective magnetic field means significant effects are unlikely to be felt at the surface of Earth.

In severe storms, people in high-altitude airliners can be exposed to the x-ray component of the eruptions. Owners and insurers of earth-orbiting satellites have the most to loose. They hope to be breathing easier by the end of the coming week, when Sunspot 10720 will no longer have Earth in its sights.

Fast-developing sunspot could match historic flares of Nov. '03

The sunspot grew quickly over the last four days -Image Spaceweather.com

http://www.breakfornews.com/articles/SolarTsunamiAlert.htm

While I don't agree, all the time with this source. Sometimes they do have useful information.

Bob
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 01:00:51 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2005, 01:10:58 AM »

I wonder what the effect would be if the magnetic effect of one of these were to reach the surface of earth?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2005, 01:17:05 AM »

I wonder what the effect would be if the magnetic effect of one of these were to reach the surface of earth?

The last one that hit earth (Nov. 03), messed up 2 satellites, and a few other things. That is if the old grey matter remembers right. Roll Eyes  It wasn't as strong as these are.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2005, 11:23:12 AM »

I remember there being a high amount of sunspot activity in the mid to late 1980's that disrupted military satellite communications. The article said that:

Despite the massive explosive power of such sunspots, our protective magnetic field means significant effects are unlikely to be felt at the surface of Earth.

So I am wondering what would happen if they were strong enough to penetrate the earths magnetic field.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2005, 04:50:17 PM »

I remember there being a high amount of sunspot activity in the mid to late 1980's that disrupted military satellite communications. The article said that:

Despite the massive explosive power of such sunspots, our protective magnetic field means significant effects are unlikely to be felt at the surface of Earth.

So I am wondering what would happen if they were strong enough to penetrate the earths magnetic field.
Well, I guess it would be a HOT time on the earth, when it happens. Smiley

Praise God, for he is worthy.
Bob

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2005, 04:58:15 PM »

Just guessing but I would think that it would disrupt all communications, computers, power plants, etc. Anything that relies on magnetics fields or could be destroyed by magnetic fields. Possibly throw the earth's magnetic field out of kilter?

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2005, 05:13:52 PM »

Just guessing but I would think that it would disrupt all communications, computers, power plants, etc. Anything that relies on magnetics fields or could be destroyed by magnetic fields. Possibly throw the earth's magnetic field out of kilter?

If it did happen, I wouldn't want to be here.  Cheesy  I think that could be (in my opinion) Rev. 16:8-9
Rev. 16:8-9 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.  And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2005, 05:42:04 PM »

I'm  honestly  beginning  to  think  that  the  end  is  near.

There have been people in every generation since the one contemporary with Jesus that have said the same thing!

They have all been wrong, for the last two thousand years.

The doomsayers of this generation who say we are in the "End Times" are wrong too!
Ah, but see we are nearing the end times.

http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion02151.shtml
<snip>
Reading the 'Signs'
For centuries, theologians and authors have made the mistake of predicting when these events might occur. The fact is, nobody knows when these things will happen. However, we do have the "signs of the times" that Jesus Christ warned about in Matthew, Chapters 24 and 25.

There are two common mistakes that people making when reading these signs of the times. One is to dismiss them entirely and say that "these things have always happened." To a certain degree that is true.[/b] However, there is one important exception: Israel did not exist as a nation for almost 2,000 years.[/b] In 1948 Israel was re-formed as a nation, and the Jews began to return to their land from around the globe as the ancient Hebrew prophets existed.

<snip>

Resting in the, embrace of the Lord.
Bob

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2005, 03:55:27 PM »

Ahhhhh....just about the same as putting a litter of mice in a microwave.  Tongue

Actually, the best description occurs in
Rev 16:9
And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 74 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the