Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:26:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A touchy subject
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A touchy subject  (Read 5360 times)
Shemaya
« on: December 06, 2004, 06:14:16 PM »

Please don't hurt me.I wish not to offend anyone.I have to ask though because it's bothering me.I was just wondering....does God approve of homosexuals.He loves everyone I know,but does he like them dating and getting married.I though God said that marraige was between man and woman.So does God approve,disapprove,or doesn't care if you are or not.Again I don't wish to offend anyone,but this question has been bothering me badly. Huh
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 06:51:28 PM »

God does not approve of ANY sin, and homosexuality is a sin. Smiley

Romans 1:27   And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 07:23:11 PM »

Leviticus 20.13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Just on this verse alone, it shows that it is a sin. This goes for a man or a woman.

mattistheman

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 08:24:57 PM »

Homosexuality is a sin, and therefore God does not approve of it.  Homosexuality is caused from willingness to embrace the said sin.  While it is true that some are more sussepteble (sp) to homosexuality, some are also more susseptable (again please excuse my horrific spelling) to anger, that alone however, does not justify actions taken in anger.  There is no "gay gene" or biological reason for homosexuality, it is a choice we all must come to a conclusion about.

Glory to the Living God  
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 04:39:36 AM »

Homosexuality is a sin, and therefore God does not approve of it.  Homosexuality is caused from willingness to embrace the said sin.  While it is true that some are more sussepteble (sp) to homosexuality, some are also more susseptable (again please excuse my horrific spelling) to anger, that alone however, does not justify actions taken in anger.  There is no "gay gene" or biological reason for homosexuality, it is a choice we all must come to a conclusion about.

Glory to the Living God  

I agree Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
gabriel

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 05:29:22 AM »

Romans 1:27   And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Let he among you who is without sin cast the first stone
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 05:32:16 AM »

Your on a roll gabriel  Grin

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 06:54:50 AM »

Here we go again.... Lips Sealed

Which stone was cast?

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004, 08:25:20 AM »

The "stone" would be a passed judgment.  What was given is God's word on the matter.  God says it's wrong.  No stone, and if there is, He's the One throwing it.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2004, 03:36:07 PM »

There is a major difference in casting a stone, and sharing God's Word. What was shared with in this thread was the fact that homosexuality is a sin, and God hates sin, But he loves the sinner. When someone says to me "Let he who has no sin cast the first stone" in a case such as this, i begin to wonder if maybe it's not anyone casting a stone at all, but the Word is doing a little toe stomping. If you tihnk the Word is casting stones, then you're in for a rude awakening as you read any of my posts, because I let God's Word do the speaking for me. Please don't go on the defensive with words "Let he who has no sin cast the first stone" because in that statement Jesus is talking about judgement and hypocrisy. Sharing God's Word and showing what He says about a subject is not judgement, and it most certainly is not hypocrisy. Forgive me if i sound a little harsh, but i believe this needs to be said. Please, if one is afraid to address the subject, let him/her be silent and learn from what may be said here. Just a few thoughts. God Bless

In His Service,
Joshua

P.S. Shemaya...God's Word is clear friend. Homosexuality is a sin and an abomination in the eyes of the Lord. Unfortunately some are compromising and saying that it's ok. "Let's accept the sinner for who he/she is." We are to love the sinner, but hate the sin. And when confronted with the Word of God some may get on the defensive...and raise up walls. We as Christians are to plant a seed and let God do the harvesting. Sharing Scripture is by no means casting a stone. I hope you aren't discouraged by what has been said on the subject on homosexuality. I hope you will continue in God's Will and in His service. God Bless you as you seek these answers and in your studies.

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004, 03:53:33 PM »

AMEN BROTHER JOSHUA!!!

I'd love to hear you preach some day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

I Corinthians 2:5  That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004, 04:26:04 PM »

Another hearty Amen added to you Jemidon.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shemaya
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004, 04:38:32 PM »

thank you everyone.I thought it was a sin,but wanted to be sure. :-\Sad thing is my Grandma believes it's a disease and I keep explaining it to her.I think she just wants to think the best of everyone i think Huh
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2004, 06:12:29 PM »

Off topic a bit...but...

I am angered that my workplace has passed out a memo this year forbidding the use of the word christmas or any other holiday name in decorations or cards.   It must read happy holidays or something similar.   However they had no problem proclaiming that the company would celebrate gay and lesbian weekend not to long ago.   Roll Eyes   IMO this is reverse discrimination.   I can send a card to all my co-workers in the name of homosexuality, but not in the name Christ, or Christmas.   Angry  Cry    What a backwards world we live in.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Bern

I don't think I'm a llama...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2004, 06:13:01 PM »

I suppose you could say sin is a disease.. we've all got it, and Jesus is the cure.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the