Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:24:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Am I Going to Heaven ?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Pick from the list below what you think is necessary to get you to heaven.
 Obeying God's law and commandments - 28 (52.8%)
Doing your best - 7 (13.2%)
Living a good life - 2 (3.8%)
Good works - 3 (5.7%)
Tithing, or giving money to the church - 1 (1.9%)
Church membership or attendance - 1 (1.9%)
Water baptism - 7 (13.2%)
Holy communion - 4 (7.5%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I Going to Heaven ?  (Read 117207 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 20, 2003, 07:07:23 AM »

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 23, 2003, 06:11:27 AM »

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. . . . But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. . . . For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.  Romans 5:6,8,10

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: November 05, 2003, 04:30:22 PM »

For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. . . . But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. . . . For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.  Romans 5:6,8,10

Brother Love Smiley

Amen Brother, one of my favorites

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2003, 09:35:16 AM »

CAN GOD SAVE ME EVEN AFTER THE THINGS I HAVE DONE?

Answer: Yes, God will give eternal life to anyone that believes the gospel message that Jesus Christ died for their sins and was raised from the dead.

Many people are worried that they have committed sins that are so bad or have lived in such an evil way that they could never be saved.  Some  people believe that there are sins that are unpardonable and if they commit such an act they are beyond forgive-ness.

The Bible clearly teaches that Christ's death was sufficient to pay the penalty for any sin we commit.  The verses in scripture that teach about the power of Christ's death and God's  forgiveness of sins are clear: Christ's death paid for all the sins of everyone.

People often think that certain sins are worse than others and therefore, it takes more for God to be able to forgive them.  From a human perspective it is true that certain sins are more serious.  People make this distinc-tion because we are forced to live with the consequences of sin, therefore we consider certain sins worse than others because some have greater consequences.  For example, a murder takes away a human life, a much more serious consequence than someone that steals a small  amount of money.  Therefore, because of the varying results of peoples' sinful behavior it is necessary for humans to have varying degrees of punishment.

From God's perspective sin is any act, thought or attitude which opposes His per-fect Will.  Because God is completely right-eous and holy He must punish anything that goes against His nature.  Likewise, when God sent His son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross to pay for our sins, His death was a perfect sacrifice.  It satisfied the righteous demands of God's justice.  To say that Christ's death cannot save us is to say that what he did on the cross was somehow insufficient and lacking in power.  Yet the Bible tells us that Christ's death was a perfect sacrifice, able to pay the penalty for all our sin.

One of many examples in the Bible of some-one that received eternal life despite having committed serious sins is Paul the Apostle.  Before becoming a Christian his name was Saul and he was one of the greatest persecu-tors of the believers in Jesus.  In 1 Timothy 1:15 Paul said, "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners -- of whom I am the worst." Clearly Paul believed that Christ's death was sufficient to save anyone.

Please read the following verses:  1 John 2:1-2; 1 Peter 3:18; Hebrews 9:14; Ephesians 1:7; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Romans 3:21-24.
=================================
Daily Inspirational

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com

E-Mail GracentheTruth@aol.com

Posted By Ambassador4Christ for Brother Love

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 10, 2003, 06:07:45 AM »

AMEN!!!!!

CAN GOD SAVE ME EVEN AFTER THE THINGS I HAVE DONE?

Answer: Yes, God will give eternal life to anyone that believes the gospel message that Jesus Christ died for their sins and was raised from the dead.

And AMEN!!!!!

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: December 10, 2003, 04:21:09 PM »

The gospel of salvation from the penalty of sin - Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice. All who believe on Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood (Rom. 3:24-28, 5:8-9). People today are saved by grace through faith alone, and at the moment of salvation are sealed by the Holy Spirit and are eternally secure (Eph. 1:11-14, 2:8-9).

The lost, the unsaved, will suffer eternal damnation as payment for their sins (Rom. 2:1-11, 6:23; Eph. 5:6; II Thes. 1:7-9; Rev. 20:11-15, 21:Cool.

Grace & Peace

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

EndTimeAction

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 10, 2003, 05:59:51 PM »

The Lord said to the sinful woman in Luke 7:50
"Your faith has saved you; go in peace."
He didn't say:

"Your faith has started you down the path toward initial justification. Arrange for a baptism, through which you'll attain the forgiveness of sins, after which you can maintain and increase your justification by participating in other sacraments, working in your church, doing deeds of kindness, and avoiding mortal sins. After a lifetime of this work, you will at last attain eternal life."

How many millions of souls have been deceived by false gospels that take people's eyes off of Christ crucified (1 Corinthians 1:23-24, 2:2, Galatians 6:14)? Salvation through works creates fear and despair. It denies the sufficiency of Christ's finished work. It takes glory from God that belongs only to Him. It makes salvation unjust rather than just (Romans 3:26), since it makes the gospel a revelation of men's righteousness, not God's (Romans 1:17). The gospel is the power of God unto salvation to those who believe in Christ and His finished work, His righteousness:

The world is  divided into 2 camps on the doctrine of salvation.

One camp believes and teaches that salvation depends in some way upon the works of man. This is the camp of Cain, the first person ever to believe the heresy of salvation by human effort.

The second camp is that of Abel and it believes in salvation completely by the grace of God through the work of Christ.

Salvation by grace and salvation by works divide the religious world. The Bible, however, only supports one of these positions. Not salvation by works, but salvation by grace.

People are saved when they believe, even before being water baptized (Acts 10:44-48), even while they're ungodly and not working (Romans 4:5-6). This salvation through believing response to the word of God is not an exception to a rule, but is the rule! (John 5:24, Acts 19:2, Romans 4:16, 10:10, Ephesians 1:13-14, 1 Peter 1:23-25). Paul uses Abraham, an unbaptized man whose works of faith in obedience to God were not a means of salvation (Romans 4:10-11), as the example of how everybody is saved (Romans 4:16). Abraham was saved through faith alone. So is every other person who is saved, as a child of Abraham, who is "the father of us all" in regard to salvation (Romans 4:16).

We will be judged by works;
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Mat 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

But WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Jhn 6:29   Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.  
"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us." Titus 3:5
"So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy." Romans 9:16

"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." Galatians 2:16

Rom 3:27 Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Rom 9:11 (For [the children] being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;

Tts 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Hbr 4:10   For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his.  11   Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.  

I am going to heaven because Jesus Christ has purchased me with his blood. He was the only one worthy to be a sacrifice for me. I did nothing to gain my salvation and I can do nothing to keep it. God looks at me and sees the righteousness of Christ. He has declared me not guilty.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20)
Sower

Romans 8:31-39

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 10, 2003, 07:08:14 PM »

As I told Ambassador. Very nice job of quoting PART of Scripture. Now deal with

James 2:24
You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

And countless other passage just like those that show we must be obedient for our faith to be efficacious.

You Protestants are just like the Catholics. You go to one erroneous extreme seeking to avoid the errors of the opposite extreme. You guys think that if works are involved at all, then salvation is based on what we do, not what God does. You have set up a false dichotomy between Faith and works. Works by themselves do nothing. But Faith without works also does nothing. You guys do a marvelous job of presenting a distorted view of Scripture and ignoring all the Scriptures that balance out the picture you present. One must read ALL of Scripture. One must adhere to ALL of Scripture. Taking a few verses out of context and setting them up as a canon within the canon will lead you into error.

SonofAslan:

Your statements above are partially true and partially false.

1. To begin with, you have a fundamentally flawed understand of salvation, particularly what Christ has done for sinful mankind, and why justification before God [that the believer is "declared righteous" by God and before God] has always been and always will be TOTALLY APART FROM WORKS. Just read the 11th chapter of Hebrews.

2. To understand James 2:24 you must first read Romans chapters 2 through 5 in their entirety.  Paul fully expounds the doctrine of justification by grace through faith in this lengthy portion of Scripture, yet you have not even alluded to it.  So how should we interpret James 2:24? By first reading the entire portion of Romans (as well as the entire epistle to the Galatians) and then the entire second chapter of James.

What James is saying is simply this: Those of you who claim that you have been saved by grace through faith must also live out your faith by doing those things which demonstrate that you have a living faith, not "dead orthodoxy".  Abraham proved that his faith was genuine by simply obeying God and willingly sacrificing His son Isaac.  Therefore Christian, prove your faith by sacrificing those things which you dearly loved as a sinner, and do the things which please God (such as feeding a destitute brother or sister ungrudgingly).

These "good works" won't save you BUT PROVE THAT YOU ARE SAVED,  since God has ordained all believers to "good works" (Eph. 2:8-10). James is writing under the guidance of the Holy spirit [just as Paul wrote] so neither apostle contradicts the other. Paul teaches the very same thing in Eph. 2:8-10.

3. Your understanding of the word "Protestant" is incorrect.  Those who teach justification by faith are not just "Protestants", but all Bible-believing Christians ( and many would not call themselves "Protestants".  In fact, the mainline Protestant denominations have largely departed from the faith, and preach another gospel.

4. It would be futile to discuss the proper interpretation of the other Scriptures you have quoted, until and unless you are willing to agree with God's Word that salvation [more specifically justification] is by grace through faith and faith alone. This was the great "discovery" of the Catholic Martin Luther, and I trust God will open your eyes to this blessed truth also.

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 10, 2003, 08:19:17 PM »

Am I going to Heaven?

I'm already in Heaven.  "The kingdom of Heaven is in the midst of you..." (somewhere, in the bible... Grin).

Cool
bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 11, 2003, 12:35:26 AM »

Now see below how you scored on the test

Explanation

If you picked one or more of the above items, you failed the test. Don't feel badly though, most people do fail. Most are to some degree"religious", but religions are nothing more than man-made attempts to reach God.

The real answer of how to get to Heaven is not found in some religious system or by man's self-righteousness. God has declared that "there is none righteous, no not one" (Romans 3:10). "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God"(Romans 3:23).

Further, God's Word teaches that sin is a very serious matter. II Thessalonians 1:9 tells of "everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord."

What can you do about your sin problem ? Can you clean up your life, do good works and hope that in the end your good works will outweigh your bad works ? NO! Salvation does not come to those who work for it, but to those who cease from their own works, placing their trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 4:5 makes that point abundantly clear: "To him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. "In Ephesians 2:8 & 9, it is declared, "For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast."

The issue is not what you can do for God, but what He has done for you. "But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:Cool. "He hath made Him (Jesus) to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (II Corinthians 5:21). You have no righteousness of your own. To have eternal life you must have the righteousness of Christ (see Romans 3:26).

What then is your responsibility? God has given you a free will to either accept or reject what He has done for you. To have God's righteousness, you must believe that "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried; and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures" (I Corinthians 15:3, 4).
Your response to the gospel should be as we read of the Ephesians: "In Whom (the Lord Jesus Christ) ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in Whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise" (Ephesians 1:13). This seal is a guarantee that your salvation is eternal--you can never lose it (see Ephesians 1:14, 4:30, IICorinthians 1:22).

"Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans 10:13)

The question, 'Am I going to heaven poll,' I didn't select any  because we are not saving ourself. We are saved by grace. Eph.2:8-9.
Jn.3:3 Tells us we must be born again. Are you born again?
I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I am born again.  Cheesy
God bless,
bluelake
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2003, 04:10:07 AM »

Explanation

If you picked one or more of the above items, you failed the test. Don't feel badly though, most people do fail. Most are to some degree"religious", but religions are nothing more than man-made attempts to reach God.

The real answer of how to get to Heaven is not found in some religious system or by man's self-righteousness. God has declared that "there is none righteous, no not one" (Romans 3:10). "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God"(Romans 3:23).

Further, God's Word teaches that sin is a very serious matter. II Thessalonians 1:9 tells of "everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord."

What can you do about your sin problem ? Can you clean up your life, do good works and hope that in the end your good works will outweigh your bad works ? NO! Salvation does not come to those who work for it, but to those who cease from their own works, placing their trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 4:5 makes that point abundantly clear: "To him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. "In Ephesians 2:8 & 9, it is declared, "For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast."

The issue is not what you can do for God, but what He has done for you. "But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:Cool. "He hath made Him (Jesus) to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (II Corinthians 5:21). You have no righteousness of your own. To have eternal life you must have the righteousness of Christ (see Romans 3:26).

What then is your responsibility? God has given you a free will to either accept or reject what He has done for you. To have God's righteousness, you must believe that "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried; and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures" (I Corinthians 15:3, 4).
Your response to the gospel should be as we read of the Ephesians: "In Whom (the Lord Jesus Christ) ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in Whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise" (Ephesians 1:13). This seal is a guarantee that your salvation is eternal--you can never lose it (see Ephesians 1:14, 4:30, IICorinthians 1:22).

The question, 'Am I going to heaven poll,' I didn't select any  because we are not saving ourself. We are saved by grace. Eph.2:8-9.
God bless,
bluelake

YES!!! BlueLake the answer was NONE of the above. Christ did it ALL.

Grace & Peace

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2003, 03:18:37 PM »

Am I going to Heaven?

I'm already in Heaven.  "The kingdom of Heaven is in the midst of you..." (somewhere, in the bible... Grin).

Cool

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Boy Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2003, 04:46:41 AM »

Explanation

God bless,
bluelake

YES!!! BlueLake the answer was NONE of the above. Christ did it ALL.

Grace & Peace

Brother Love Smiley

DITTO

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: December 13, 2003, 09:21:23 PM »

Many have never read the entire Bible or enjoyed knowing it rightly divided.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

avemaria

+JMJ+

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: December 16, 2003, 04:16:30 PM »

This is an interesting article (below) for all of you who are so sure you are going to heaven....I challenge you that if you disagree, that you show me where in the article you disagree and not just spit out your doctrine to me, which I already am thoroughly aware of....Perhaps you could quote which parts you disagree with.  I challenge you to read it.

Are You Saved?

"For it is not the man who commends himself that is accepted, but the man whom the Lord commends."
2Corinthians 10:18

Some non-Catholics teach that all you have to do to achieve salvation is to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, and your salvation is assured in this life. You only have to make a once in a lifetime commitment and no matter what you do for the rest of your life, you can be certain that you will go to Heaven when you die. Once you do this, it is an impossibility that you will ever lose your salvation. That train of thought, however, is not Biblical, and in reality it is a sin of presumption.
Jesus did not die just so we could sin.

Let us examine Holy Scripture and see what it has to say.

"For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is the Lord, and believe in your heart that GOD has raised Him from the dead, You shall be saved." Romans 10:9

"For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13

This is what St. Paul said. Some non-Catholics use these two verses to justify their "Once saved, always saved" belief.
But wait, Jesus Christ Himself said, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven shall enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 7:21

Is there a conflict here? Not at all when it is taken in context. St. Paul was speaking about the Jews and their rejection of Christ.

"And Isaiah cries out concerning Israel, 'Though the number of Israelites were like the sand of the sea, ONLY A REMNANT WILL BE SAVED...'" Romans 9:27

"Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to GOD on THEIR behalf is for salvation. I testify with regard to them that they have zeal for GOD, but it is NOT DISCERNING. For I bear them witness that they have zeal for GOD, but not according to knowledge; for, ignorant of the justice of GOD and seeking to establish their own, they have not submitted to the justice of GOD. For Christ is the consummation of the law unto justice for everyone who believes." Romans 10:1-4

St. Paul clearly said that only a remnant of the Jewish nation will be saved, as they have not rejected Jesus Christ as the Messiah. In these verses he addressed the Judaizers who were still clinging to the Old Covenant Jewish traditions.

However, Jesus Christ in Matthew 7:21, had spoken to all of us, and He clearly stated that we have to do the will of the Father. Doing something requires effort, or work. That work is keeping the commandments. Those who do not keep the commandments will not enter heaven.

Does this sound like "Once saved, always saved to you?"
Jesus Christ redeemed us and provided for our salvation. The Gates of Heaven were opened, but not one of us can just 'walk in' and claim residency without obeying the will of the Father.

Another verse which they use to try to support the "Are you Saved" misnomer, is John 10:28.

"And I give them everlasting life; and they shall never perish, neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand."
See also John 6:37, "And him who comes to Me I will not cast out."

Both of those verses indicate that Jesus Christ will be loyal to us and will never cast us out.

However, He left open the fact that we could simply walk away from Him by not keeping His Word.

Here is yet another verse used by those who say they are forever "saved".

"For GOD so loved the world that He gave his only-begotten Son, that those who believe in Him may not perish, but may have life everlasting." John 3:16

It seems at first glance from that verse, that all one has to do is to believe in Jesus Christ to be saved. Again, when the verse is understood from the original Greek text, this is not the case at all. When the underlying Greek wording is analyzed, their argument is lopped off from the vine as yet another fruitless branch would be.

The Greek word used here for "believe", is "Pisteuvw", or when transliterated into English is "Pisteuo". This Greek word means, to believe, to rely on, and to "obey". To "obey" involves works, which means we must bear good fruit.

You could be a branch attached to the vine, but just who is the vine dresser?

"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vine dresser. Every branch in Me that bears no fruit He will take away; and every branch that bears fruit He will cleanse, that it may bear more fruit."
John 15:1-2

"For all of us must be made manifest before the tribunal of Christ, so that each one may receive what he has won through the body, according to his works, whether good or evil."
2Cor 5:10

See Matthew 22:8-14, the parable of the marriage feast. The one who was not dressed properly was cast into the darkness outside where there was weeping and the gnashing of teeth.

In Matthew 25:1-13 is the parable of the ten virgins. Five were not prepared for the coming of the Bridegroom (Christ) and were shut out of the marriage feast.

Then there is another parable which applies to our topic. In Matthew 13:47-50, the kingdom of heaven is likened to a net cast into the sea and gathers fish of every kind, both good and bad. The good fish are saved, but what happens to the bad ones in verses 49-50? They are cast into the furnace of fire where again there is weeping and the gnashing of teeth. All of the fish were gathered into the net, but were all of them saved from the furnace of fire?

Read about the sheep and the goats in Matthew 25:31-46. You probably have already noticed that both believed, but did you also notice that only one worked? What was the final end of those who did no works? See verses 45-46. Since the goats believed, why then were they not saved also?
See, you may think you are "saved", but a fruitless person is cut off. Now you can readily see that salvation depends upon each one of us and on our individual fruitful actions in a very important way.

Nothing defiled may enter the kingdom of heaven.
"And there shall not enter into it (heaven) anything defiled, nor he who practices abomination and falsehood, but only those who are written in the book of life of the Lamb." Revelation 21:27

Does this sound like "Once saved, always saved?"The people who fit this verse are not following the will of GOD, the Ten Commandments.

"He who overcomes shall possess these things, and I will be his GOD, and he shall be my son. But as for the cowardly and unbelieving, and abominable and murderers, and fornicators and sorcerers, and idolaters and all liars, their portion shall be in the pool that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." Revelation 21:7-8

Does this sound like "Once saved, always saved?"

Where do liars spend all eternity even if they accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, but fail to work out their salvation by keeping the Ten Commandments? Are not "Thou shalt not lie", and "Thou shalt not kill" two of the Ten Commandments?

According to the "Once saved, always saved" group of believers, you can sin as much as you want after accepting Jesus Christ and your salvation is guaranteed, regardless.

"Why do you ask me what is good? One there who is good, and he is GOD. But if you will enter into life, OBEY THE COMMANDMENTS." "Which commandments?" the man asked. Jesus said, "Never murder. Never commit adultery. Never steal. Never give false testimony. Honor your father and mother. Love your neighbor as you love yourself.""
Matthew 19:17-19

These verses clearly have said that if we do not obey the commandments, we will not have (eternal) life.
So if a person who thinks he is "saved", and then lies or commits adultery, how then does he reconcile his actions with Matthew 19:17-19 and Revelation 21:7-8 and 21:27?

Jesus did cure the infirmed man at the pool in John 5:1-9, and later He told him in verse 14, "See, you are well! SIN NO MORE, THAT NOTHING WORSE BEFALL YOU."
Does that sound like, "once saved, always saved"?
Here is yet another example, the woman caught in adultery in John 8:1-10. Jesus had prevented her from being stoned to death, and in verse 11 He said, "Neither do I condemn you; GO, AND DO NOT SIN AGAIN." Again, Jesus cautioned, not to sin again.

What is the message from these two examples from John 5 and 8? What if both sinned again? In the first case it would seem that indeed, SOMETHING WORSE WOULD BEFALL THE MAN and in the second case it would be a clear disobedience by the woman to a direct command of Jesus. I repeat, does that sound like, "once saved, always saved"? No way!
"Here is the patience of the Saints, who keep the commandments of GOD, and the faith of Jesus."
Revelation 14:12

If we are "saved" already then what is the purpose of having to obey the commandments?

So, can we truthfully say we are saved? Yes, but not as some non-Catholics believe that it is a one sided process completed by Jesus Christ alone. He did His part, now it is up to each one of us to do our part by our co-operation with His unlimited sacrifice on the cross.

Nevertheless, Catholics realize that even the fulfilling of Our Lord's requirements for salvation is impossible without the free gift of His grace.

Continued below.....

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the