Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:27:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Questions on Witnessing...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Questions on Witnessing...  (Read 16756 times)
CleansedSpirit

For He has cleansed me, and made me whole!

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2004, 06:32:17 PM »

How do we answer questions such as, "Can you prove God, or Jesus, Exists or existed?"

Psalm 51:1 "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according to the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions."

Wot,Wot, it's me, Hon Rosie, with a differant name.
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 07:00:18 PM »

Here`s a good link to read that might help answer your questions Rosie

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/answers.html

Those who look at the universe as it is will clearly see the hand of God.

Heb 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 10:37:29 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Shylynne,

Thanks for the link. I can see that I must spend some time there studying a host of ideas about witnessing. I think that the picture of the baby looking in the mirror at his image speaks volumes. One can make the comparison that God created man in HIS image and go from there.

Your Link: http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/answers.html
  also addresses a host of questions that trained atheists use to hunt and make sport of Christians. It's hard to believe there are lost people actually trained to hunt and trap Christians. It's really sad how much damage they do, especially for those who are struggling with a decision for Christ and those who are babes in Christ. For this and many other reasons, we should all be extremely busy in building each other up in Christ to fight the devil and add members and power to THE BODY OF CHRIST.

Love In Christ,
Tom

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 08:08:46 AM »

So much depends on the answer to this question. The reliability of the Bible. The answer to your search for meaning. The destiny of all people. It all depends on whether or not Jesus is alive. Did His body ever leave the grave?

No matter which side of the issue you are on--a Christian who has faith in the resurrection or a nonbeliever who finds this miracle too good to be true--we hope this booklet will help you. Explore with us why we can trust the biblical account of what happened on that first Easter morning.

Dave Branon, RBC Ministries
http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/ds/q0203/intro.html

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 05:50:11 PM »

For this and many other reasons, we should all be extremely busy in building each other up in Christ to fight the devil and add members and power to THE BODY OF CHRIST.

amen Tom!

If Jesus was raised from the dead, as I am absolutely, intellectually positive that He was--and the evidence of history is overwhelming--it's not only a matter of faith but a matter of deepest intellectual conviction

Great link sincereheart !

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 10:47:48 PM »

How do we answer questions such as, "Can you prove God, or Jesus, Exists or existed?"

Sometimes that's an ideal question to actually dodge.

I mean, there's something more important to them, at this moment, than that particular question.

Try to find out what that is.  

That's how I would try to answer that question.  Go for something that is important to them at that moment.  It's doubtful that question is very important to them, that they are asking.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 04:13:46 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Symphony,

I think that the answers for many questions depend on the setting, the time the person gives you, their attitude when they ask, and their sincerity in asking the question.

If they appear to be serious and really want answers, I would spend all the time they wished. I think that the entire creation proves the existence of God without any doubt. There are intricate patterns of behavior in all of God's creatures. If you start thinking about all of the things that would make just the earth function as a system, it would take millions of top scientists millions of years to uncover a tenth of the secrets. Then you could make a comparison with very simple life forms that we learn something new about all the time. Our best and most brilliant scientists are simply babies playing in God's toy box.

I think the best information regards our personal knowledge about how we know that God is real, that Jesus is our personal Lord and Saviour, and the Holy Spirit lives in our hearts. That would be a hard thing for a lost person to understand, but they might be asking those questions out of despair in some sort of crisis situation. In fact, many people search for answers when their world appears to be falling apart. If they once realize they aren't able to handle everything alone and they start asking about Jesus, that time should never be wasted. The peace and comfort they are desperate for is in the answer to their questions.

If the person is trying to be smart, start an argument, or make fun of God, I would give them a shorter answer and a way to get more information if they changed their minds. That might also be a good opportunity to give them a Bible tract, invite them to church, and any number of other things.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Neo
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 10:31:11 AM »

The Christian God cannot be proven to exist.
Neo
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 10:40:08 AM »

In addition, the "God and Science" website does not support Young Earth Creationism (YEC). Just so you know.

And pretty much every argument against atheism that they have resorts to "God is incomprehensible, so all your arguments against him fail."

That argument's a double-edged sword, friends. If God's incomprehensible, any argument made in his defense likewise fails.

Epistemological transcendance is a corollary of supernatural "existence."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 10:40:51 AM by Neo » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 06:51:14 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to All,

Most opinions are from a position of perspective, and we must all be aware of that. There is obviously a dramatic difference between the positional perspective of a Christian and a lost person. For the Christian, the absolute proof and evidence of God lives in their hearts. So, how we communicate this personal knowledge and evidence becomes a big question.

The lost person is obviously skeptical or they wouldn't be lost.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2004, 01:02:39 PM »

Simply.  God points to creation as His proof, and to our lives as His "masterpiece", if you will, as He conforms us into the image of His Son for this world to see.  How can I prove it?  Should be asking, "How can I not?"   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2004, 01:05:49 PM »

In addition, the "God and Science" website does not support Young Earth Creationism (YEC). Just so you know.

And pretty much every argument against atheism that they have resorts to "God is incomprehensible, so all your arguments against him fail."

That argument's a double-edged sword, friends. If God's incomprehensible, any argument made in his defense likewise fails.

Epistemological transcendance is a corollary of supernatural "existence."

That's why God requires us to put our faith in Him for our salvation.  He requires us to believe Him.  The proof is there.  You just have to believe it.   Smiley

Prayin' for ya Neo.

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Neo
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2004, 12:15:59 PM »

The proof is there.

Example?

Prayin' for ya Neo.

Have fun.
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2004, 12:53:47 PM »

Uhhmmm, Neo....

The proof is there.

Example?

Ya forgot something....

You just have to believe it.

I believe the ball is in your court   Smiley

Peace  †
Gracey

†† Guided by God ††
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2004, 09:56:04 AM »

Take a look outside.  It's written over every blade of grass, every tree and every cloud passing in the sky.  Granted.  It's proof that requires faith, otherwise, it never would please God.   Smiley

And I will have fun praying for you!  And even more when you see the truth and come to Him.  Afterall, He came for you.   Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the