Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:30:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Questions on Witnessing...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Questions on Witnessing...  (Read 16751 times)
Bern

I don't think I'm a llama...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2004, 05:02:25 PM »

I know that there is solid factual evidence for my faith. While I was doing my bio Sciences degree at university here in England, I learned that one does not becoem a Christian because someone proves it is true. People can have you providing reams and reams of solid evidence, but they still may not believe. There are reasons for this is given in the bible, unforunately I can't rember them, which I know is of no use...

John 6:44  No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The above has proved so true in my life. I've met people who have a head knowledge of Christ, they even accept logically that He is who He claims to be, YET they are not convicted deep within of their own sin, they still feel no need of a saviour. I was the same when I first came to God, it was only later that I discovered that I wasn't converted when I thought I was..

The impact of the gospel on unbelievers lies in God's Words preached and lived out in the lives of men.

John 13:35  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Coming from a scientific background I could if I wanted to go into endless debate about proof. But I feel that in the majority of cases it is a total waste of time. Not in every case, but in most cases. Often ( mostly unknowingly) people demand proof because they do not want to be confronted with a challenge that forces them to make a decision one way or the other. They like the heat to be off of themselves and to be able to once again display their own cleverness by making the evangelist look foolish.

Jeremiah 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Peope will even decieve themselves that the gospel is false once adequate proof has been given. It happens all the time.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
The_8th_Person

"My best friend was born in a manger" - DC Talk

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2004, 08:35:37 PM »

Street Preacher thank you for the GREAT post brother. Also thanks for the link. God Bless.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2004, 01:33:50 AM »

AMEN BROTHER BERN!!

I enjoyed your post. Faith wouldn't be faith if someone had 1000% proof standing in front of them that everyone could see, hear, and touch. However, faith grows stronger by the hour for a real child of God because of the Mighty Power of HIS WORD and HIS influence within our hearts and minds. For many of the stronger and more mature Christians, they have that 1000% proof in their hearts and they know it. Assurance of Salvation makes JOY IN JESUS more and more full. HE does become more real than scientific evidence. As we all know, scientific evidence is many times debunked and unfounded. JESUS has never been, nor will HE be debunked or unfounded.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the