Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:16:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Paul2's Pre-Tribulation Rapture pages
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul2's Pre-Tribulation Rapture pages  (Read 20581 times)
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2003, 01:00:43 AM »

"The Time Gap theories!" .......
Ok this is a shot in the dark, but since the it seems we are talking about gaps.......I was just wondering if this gap between the 69 week and the 70 week might parallell with the gap between the Old and new testaments ?   Anyway this  how I understand the gap........first it usually invovles lots of time at the dentist........OH NO NO the other "gap"  Oh ya the one where my daughters like to shop......NO NO NO NO  Tongue.

The "Gap"  is call the Church age. Personally I believe this time was made for us gentiles......
 SO here is the gap in question, seems there are 2 times Jerusalem has been destroyed so keep them like 434 yr apart.

Dan 9:24, 25 .......(here is the prophetic proof Hitch.) It says
Seventy weeks are determinded for your people (this implys 70 total if like you say all is finished your already why over the determined number of 70). Ok let me begin again.
 70 weeks are determinded for your people and for the your holy city to finish the transgressions to make and end to sins....(that answers another of Pauls 2 6 points) and to anoint the most Holy. (yet another) Know therefore that from the going forth of the command to restore and build Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there shall be 7 weeks and 62 week: The street shall be built again, and the wall....
The first the destruction and rebuilding of Jerusalem can be proven Historically 444 BC to 395BC. Artaxerxes allows Jerusalem to be restored. So there is the first 7 weeks.

The next 434 yrs is all the events we understand from 535 BC to the crucifixion of Christ. That 62 weeks.

This scriptural proof is found in  Dan 9:26 And after the 62 weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for himself and the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sancutuary.
Then the second destruction of Jerusalem found in history 70 AD.  

If you add this two numbers together 7 + 62 = 69 weeks ......so you have 1 week missing........... That is talked about in Dan 9:27 Then the prince shall confirm a covenant with many for one week. BUt in the middle of the week he shall bring an end to sacrifice and offerings.  7+62=69+1+70 weeks....
    Grin

in the voice of porkey pig......ablaablablab that all folks
blessings

musicllover
musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2003, 01:07:04 AM »

'By the way, knock off the I'm smarter than stupid you tone. Let the rest of those reading these posts be the judge of who's smart or dumb. By your standard the temple is still standing in Jerusalem, which is now righteous forever, but somehow I think God has a higher standard of righteousness than Jerusalem has now obtained. "

LOL It this kind of trash thas so funny Paul, By your standard the temple is still standing in Jerusalem, which is now righteous forever idiotic is a better word, (if I wanted to be harsh I would claim you are purposefully misrepresenting } I cant even imagine how you dream it up. But as they say garbage in garbage out.

Now have you found that NT support for you GAPS yet?

H

OH Man you all type faster than me or something......so why do you need a NT support Hitch ? The prophetic books of the old testment is what the Nt is based on. Its the foundations of why Jesus is who he is and why he done what he done and will do what he is going to do.
Sounds like a song is coming on.........lol,
« Last Edit: August 13, 2003, 01:23:00 AM by musicllover » Logged

musicllover
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2003, 02:22:37 AM »

'By the way, knock off the I'm smarter than stupid you tone. Let the rest of those reading these posts be the judge of who's smart or dumb. By your standard the temple is still standing in Jerusalem, which is now righteous forever, but somehow I think God has a higher standard of righteousness than Jerusalem has now obtained. "

LOL It this kind of trash thas so funny Paul, By your standard the temple is still standing in Jerusalem, which is now righteous forever idiotic is a better word, (if I wanted to be harsh I would claim you are purposefully misrepresenting } I cant even imagine how you dream it up. But as they say garbage in garbage out.

H

OH Man you all type faster than me or something......so why do you need a NT support Hitch ? The prophetic books of the old testment is what the Nt is based on. Its the foundations of why Jesus is who he is and why he done what he done and will do what he is going to do.

H Man you all type faster than me or something......so why do you need a NT support Hitch ?

Im astonished any believer  could ask that question.

I'll cite two  short reasons, and one example;

It saves a lot of time. All kinds of screwy notions are taught and believed by folks all over the world,based on the OT(and NT for that matter). If I inquire  of this or that based on the Prophets  the screwyer the notion the more easily it is show to be what it is by citation of the Apostolic interpretation(s)  which are of course found only in the NT.

Luke 24:44-45
44   And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45   Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
(KJV)

Hence:
1 Cor 12:28
28   And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
(KJV)
'First apostles'... and we have the cannonized writtings they sent our way, and they learned  from the Master himself. Ignore  them at your peril.

Example:

Joel 2:28-31
28   And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29   And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30   And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31   The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
(KJV)

Now if you're  a lot more intuned to God than me, a matter I sincerely do not doubt, you can see in this text the reality of speaking in unknown tongues with a little fire over the heads of the speakers,,, right? For myself, I will rely on the interpretive ministries granted as 'gifts' to the church. That way I know that when Paul speaks of a 'fleshy' heart that Ezekiel was talking about what Christ would accomplish etc.

take care

Hitch
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2003, 03:00:16 AM »

If you add this two numbers together 7 + 62 = 69 weeks ......so you have 1 week missing........... That is talked about in Dan 9:27 Then the prince shall confirm a covenant with many for one week. BUt in the middle of the week he shall bring an end to sacrifice and offerings.  7+62=69+1+70 weeks....

One 'week' of years... Hmmmmm

Jesus begins his ministry  by saying ;

Mark 1:14-15
14   Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15   And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
(KJV)

Do you know of any prophecy other than Dan's that  is or could be construed as a 'clock'?  I dont.  So I'll contend Jesus is referring to Dan 9, while granting he does not say so explicitly.
Shorlty after he is baptized and John calls him the' Lamb of God'

In the next three and a half years Jesus gains his following ,performs miracles and enters Jerusalem as King.
Then the Cross and Resurrection.
Again  bowing as I do the the authority of the NT and noting the writer's  understanding of the ancient Scriptures  we find an interesting message:

Heb 9:26
26   For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
(KJV)

So far we have

'the time is fulfilled'

the baptism of our Lord

the inagural utterence of the greatest of NT truths;'Behold the Lamb of God'

the 'Prince of Peace' confirming the New covenant with his own blood and as confirmed by H9;26 in the very act of his
Sacrifice,  rendering the old world of daily sacefices obselete.

Does any of this passage seem familiar?

Mark 14:24
24   And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
(KJV)

He uses the same term we see in ,,,Dan 9 while he is explicitly announcing,,, the New Testament which is the same as New Covenant.

Do you think there is a correlation between his public work of 3 1/2 years and the settling of the terms,(confirmation by blood) of the Covenant?

Futurists make a great deal of Jesus  coming to the 'lost sheep of Israel'.  Far too many times they take it upon themselves to add 'only'  to M15;24 even though some of his earlist converts were gentiles. But these same folks forget  that  it takes a while ,for the majority of the Apsotles evengelism to move beyong he Nation.

About the time of Stephen's martyrdom,,, or about seven years from the time Jesus was baptized.

Dont forget, the last of the OT Prophets under the influence of the Holy Spirit  introduces Jesus ,not as a temporal king, not as Messiah, but the 'Lamb of God'.
Only this office holder  is equipped to meet the requirements of Dan 9;27, making forever obselete the blood os sheep and goats.

Take care

Hitch
musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2003, 11:31:37 AM »

H

H Man you all type faster than me or something......so why do you need a NT support Hitch ?

Im astonished any believer  could ask that question.

I'll cite two  short reasons, and one example;

It saves a lot of time. All kinds of screwy notions are taught and believed by folks all over the world,based on the OT(and NT for that matter). If I inquire  of this or that based on the Prophets  the screwyer the notion the more easily it is show to be what it is by citation of the Apostolic interpretation(s)  which are of course found only in the NT.

Luke 24:44-45
44   And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45   Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
(KJV)

Hence:
1 Cor 12:28
28   And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
(KJV)
'First apostles'... and we have the cannonized writtings they sent our way, and they learned  from the Master himself. Ignore  them at your peril.

Example:

Joel 2:28-31
28   And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29   And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30   And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31   The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
(KJV)

Now if you're  a lot more intuned to God than me, a matter I sincerely do not doubt, you can see in this text the reality of speaking in unknown tongues with a little fire over the heads of the speakers,,, right? For myself, I will rely on the audacity. That way I know that when Paul speaks of a 'fleshy' heart that Ezekiel was talking about what Christ would accomplish etc.

take care

Hitch

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Hitch,
       I am astonished that you set there and say no to the OT teachings,  any historical, or biblecal proof, and to save time.....afraid of a little hard work? Cause I am, its already written for me.... The OT teaching is the bibical proof, Historical proof. Then you turn around and say DON"t FORGET the OT prophets about Jesus, does that sound familiar?Huh?? Huh. The OT is good for prophcing Messiah but not the end time?HuhHuh

You remind me of the scrpture that say.....like the days of Noah that demand a sign....Your shown by the math, refuse that cause it comes from the OT, your shown the historical proof, that can be found in history books at the library. I don't know what you do with that.  ALL that was written about the Messiah came true, even what was fortold WAY back in the OT....not just up close to the NT. Like that should make a diff.
 What I am beginnning to understand  is, that you believe we are now  in the millenium , Christ has returned removed his church, and the rest of us run around with 666 on our right hand or forehead? Show me historcal proof of any of that, surely millions of people missing in a twinkling of an eye would make some news paper. (Although twisted I am sure)
Satan has come and is bound for a 1000 yrs?
Who was the anti chirst,
WHo was the false prophet,
What about the 2 witness, they lay dead in the street for 3 days and I missed it?HuhHuh OH man, I shouldn't have slept so late.  Embarrassed  What about the one world system, relegion? I know its not worth as much but the American dollar is still good, gettting littler but better than Husseins money at least.
I forgive your ingnorance, I don't mind that you don't believe how I do. But it does bother me that you pick and choose what fits your beliefs rather than believing what the scriptures says. You tell me I'm backwards.......I'm scared Hitch, do you live near me cause your so backwards you drive the wrong way down the road.  Grin

I'll read your (excuse me while I clear my throat) proof, and post more later. I just had to get that off my chest.

I have to admit that I've not read all you've posted because I can't believe you have the audacity to sit on your pedistal and change history or what was written in the OT.....saying it can screwed up. I do agree that Man can do anything they want, believe anything they want....Jesus warns us in Matt 24:15 (most all of Matt) There for when you see the abomination of desolation spoken by Daniel the propjet standing in the holy placethen let those who are in Judea flee to the mt..............Jesus used the OT, but its not good enough for you.  What is that the Rev says...... he who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the church........  No I'm not any more enlightended or have any special gift although I do believe in the gifts. (not with little flames a fire over my head either......but in my heart YES!!. You dear friend are listen with your foot or something. You say..."

musicllover
Reba
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2003, 12:39:31 PM »

Musicllover,

do you sacrifice bulls and goats? I am going to guess you dont.  We dont because of the teachings of the NT ( Jesus the cross the resurection etc) correct?   So dont we need the support of the NT?
musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2003, 06:18:15 PM »

Musicllover,

do you sacrifice bulls and goats? I am going to guess you dont.  We dont because of the teachings of the NT ( Jesus the cross the resurection etc) correct?   So dont we need the support of the NT?

Reba,
         WHo said we didn't need the support of the NT? Huh The cross the resurrection as you but it, HOW can anyone forget it, do away with it, life would be useless.
Its Hitch who is saying he don't want the support of the OT. Cause its faster that way, or that it can be  "screwed up"
 I gave a some NT support from Matt. as well, and Hitch throws that out. Matt 24 mostly is JESUS imself talking about the end times. He is asking for apostolic PROOF, how much more can you ask?
      In my understanding its take the WHOLE book from Gen. to Rev. to complete the word of God, not just the NT, or not just the OT. To pick and choose what part of the complete book you want is to "take away from" and that is a sin.  

musicllover
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2003, 08:43:20 PM »

Lets take a look at what the APOSTLE PAUL has to say about the mystery of God and the prophets.

Romans 16:25  "Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ,according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
   26: But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Heres something to think about. Verse 26 above says "But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets"

Think about something: the Scriptures of the prophets were being read and studied but until Paul revealed the mystery (Rapture- 70th week is future) the truth that was written was sealed up, meaning hidden. Until Paul started revealing hidden truths or mysteries they were overlooked by all who read them.

Daniel 12:9 "And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end."

The Book of Daniel was sealed but is now not sealed, we can discover the MYSTERY of Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy. We can use the Book of Revelation, which is not sealed to understand the Book of Daniel in great detail.

Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2003, 09:43:29 PM »

Dont forget, the last of the OT Prophets under the influence of the Holy Spirit  introduces Jesus ,not as a temporal king, not as Messiah, but the 'Lamb of God'.
Only this office holder  is equipped to meet the requirements of Dan 9;27, making forever obselete the blood os sheep and goats.

Take care

Hitch

Hitch,

Let me show you were you went wrong in your responce above.

First lets look at Daniel 9:26 very closely

Daniel 9:26  "And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined."

Lets see what this really is saying: At the end of the 69th week the Messiah (Jesus) shall be cut off, but not for himself (for us). And the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.

Lets work on this backwards to discover the truth. First we need to know what people destroyed the city of Jerusalem and the sanctuary. HISTORY tells us that the ROMANS destroyed the city and sanctuary in 70a.d. Now we have identified the "people" that destroyed the city were the ROMANS. The "prince" is the prince of the Romans. This prince is NOT JESUS but is Antichrist, the little horn, the beast out of the sea, he has many names and titles but Jesus is not one of them.

26: And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah (JESUS) be cut off, but not for himself: and the people (Romans)of the prince (Antichrist) that shall come shall destroy the city (Jerusalem)and the sanctuary (Temple); and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
   27: And he 9Antichrist)shall confirm the covenant with many for one week (7 years): and in the midst of the week (middle of 70th week) he (Antichrist) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Seems your trying to fit the 69th and 70th week together to make it fit your theory Hitch. The 69th week was ended when Jesus was crucified, so the 70th week must begin after.

Now it seems you want Jesus to be the prince of the people that destroyed Jerusalem, the Romans. So when exactly was the mid week of the 70th week? When was the abomination that causes desolation?

2Thessalonians 2:3  "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
   4: Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

The above verse will be completed by the same "prince" in Daniel 9:27 and the same character we read about in Rev.13 as seen below:

1: And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
   2: And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
   3: And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
   4: And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
   5: And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. ( 42 months from the abomination of desolation in the middle of the 70th week until Jesus returns to establish His millenial Kingdom at the end of the 70th week.)

This is history? I think not! keep reading and then explain how history failed to record such events:

6: And he (Antichrist) opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
   7: And it was given unto him (Antichrist) to make war with the saints (Tribulation Saints for the Rapture has already taken place), and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
   8: And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him 9Antichrist), whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

You laugh at me but you actually believe this is past history? Well then explain it. Put it all together because it makes no sense at all the way you've explained it so far.

Paul2 Cool

Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2003, 09:44:24 PM »

LOL So the mystery refers to Dan? Where does Paul say that?

Where does Paul alludeto or mention directly Dan's 'weeks' and where does he specify the seventieth week?

But you already said Dan was no longer sealed. Hmmmm doenst take much to gather then that the 'time of the end' which literalist love to switch to end times,heh heh, must .By the definition you gave have come at or near Paul's time.(which is correct,btw as that document known as the NT teaches in Heb 9;26)  I reckon thats no problem for those who define 'soon' as more than 2,000 years, but off Bizarro World it doesnt fly.

Now you have stated that Paul refers to Dan's 'weeks'. OK Support that idea. But havnt I already asked you to support this from the NT and havent you already  said there is none ?

H
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2003, 09:58:23 PM »

Hitch,

the two witnesses of Revelation 11 need to be explained away as well for the beast out of the sea kills them. People on earth have an AntiChristmas and send presents to each other delighted they are dead. People from every tribe, tongue and nation SEE their dead bodies. Impossible 100 years ago but possible now.

Revelation 11 3: And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
   4: These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
   5: And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
   6: These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
   7: And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
   8: And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
   9: And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
   10: And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
   11: And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
   12: And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
   13: And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

According to you this is history? I get it, what ever it says it really means something else. Problem is once you start spiritualizing things away you lose all the meaning. Where do you take it literally and where do you decide its symbolic?

I'll bet if it backs your theory its literal and if it conflicts with your theory its symbolic. Is that how it works?

Explain these things so we can understand them seeing you think we're wrong and your right, when did these events take place and why didn't history record them?

Paul2 Cool

musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2003, 11:46:55 PM »

LOL So the mystery refers to Dan? Where does Paul say that?

Where does Paul alludeto or mention directly Dan's 'weeks' and where does he specify the seventieth week?

But you already said Dan was no longer sealed. Hmmmm doenst take much to gather then that the 'time of the end' which literalist love to switch to end times,heh heh, must .By the definition you gave have come at or near Paul's time.(which is correct,btw as that document known as the NT teaches in Heb 9;26)  I reckon thats no problem for those who define 'soon' as more than 2,000 years, but off Bizarro World it doesnt fly.

Now you have stated that Paul refers to Dan's 'weeks'. OK Support that idea. But havnt I already asked you to support this from the NT and havent you already  said there is none ?

H
Hitch
You said......... For myself, I will rely on the interpretive ministries granted as 'gifts' to the church. That way I know that when Paul speaks of a 'fleshy' heart that Ezekiel was talking about what Christ would accomplish etc......end quote

I'm worried now......first you say that its too easy to "screw up the OT teaching" its faster than simply going to one of the Apostle teaching of the NT. BUT you would rather listen to a man behind the pulpit to teach you. I do believe in the gifts of preaching, teaching and the like but YOU still need to line everything they say up with the word.....ALL OF IT not just the NT.
    So if one of the apostle dont back it up its not something we need to listen to or heed?
What is wrong with allowing the scriptures to interpret scripture. It give good balance that way you don't have a man interferring with his ideas. Its easy to do, we all do it to some degree. But its very very dangerous to realy soley on the teaching of a man.

One more quesiton for you......you've not bothered to answer any of the others but for those who are following along with the thread and to help a little with those in doubt.
Do you have musical instruments at your church?
Is there ANY scripture in the NT that says to have music instruments? SO do we NOT do them because it not in the NT. Do musical instruments in a church make us worng?Huh
Some do believe this way so I don't intended to begin a new thread but this is an example that is all.
As someone asked me earlier do I still sacrifice animals....NO cause Jesus took care of that need.....yes he is NT talked about and for told in the OT. Do you not believe in the OT patraichs? Some of what is taught in the OT isn't found in the NT, animal sacrifices, musical instruments, we no longer need the high priest ect ect. But if it weren't for the OT and what is written there we wouldn't know the need we have for our Savior either.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2003, 02:08:09 AM by musicllover » Logged

musicllover
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2003, 11:54:07 PM »

Lets see what this really is saying: At the end of the 69th week the Messiah (Jesus) shall be cut off, but not for himself (for us). And the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
Actually its says after 62 weeks,,,

Lets work on this backwards to discover the truth. First we need to know what people destroyed the city of Jerusalem and the sanctuary. HISTORY tells us that the ROMANS destroyed the city and sanctuary in 70a.d. Now we have identified the "people" that destroyed the city were the ROMANS. The "prince" is the prince of the Romans. This prince is NOT JESUS but is Antichrist, the little horn, the beast out of the sea, he has many names and titles but Jesus is not one of them.
 And which Roman prince promised to destroy the Temple ? Which Roman prince prophecied that the King would send his armys to the city to burn it because of their murder of his son? Whic Roman prince spoke of these things and declared the generation living would live to witness the events described?

H
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2003, 12:00:40 AM »

You laugh at me but you actually believe this is past history? Well then explain it. Put it all together because it makes no sense at all the way you've explained it so far.

Sure  ,,all you need to do is quote a passage from the Apocalypse that mentions antichrist.

Its right next to the one Paul cites Dans seventieth week in. But I see you havent come across that one either.

In the mean time we'll just pretend that Hebrews doesnt say Christ ended the sacrfices.

But Im not in a hurry.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2003, 12:37:29 AM by Hitch » Logged
Reba
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2003, 12:51:56 AM »

Rev 11:3  And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Rev 11:4  These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Rev 1:2  Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Rev 1:3  Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2003, 10:28:30 AM by Reba » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the