Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:38:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  What are you doing? (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Shirts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shirts  (Read 16802 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2004, 04:00:47 PM »

I'm thinking of developing a line of shirts--T and/or fleece--with either relevant slogans or bible verses on them.

In light of on-going current events, and onestarfisher's posts here, what should be the bent, slant or "intent" of these slogans or verses--direct, indirect, loving, judgemental, gospel??

Several I've thot of:

(slogan):  

Maybe in the OT homosexuals were called "dogs" for a reason?  (with a citation to the relevant bibel verse, which I haven't found yet).

(verse):  

"You are to distinguish between the holy and the common; and between the unclean and the clean..."  Leviticus 10:10

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."  Leviticus 18:22

On the other side of the shirt, would be the business or company logo, which would be distinctive, and would also convey a distinct message...

I haven't decided yet which would go on which side, front or back.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 04:16:39 PM »

"Here is a call for the endurance of the saint, those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus"  Rev. 14:12

I'm thinking the logo will be something distinctive, like the cross, and poignant, like the cross.  And instantly recognizable.      And representative of current events, and maybe like representative of the general theme implied by the following:  

"Indeed all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and impostors will go on from bad to worse."  II Tim. 3:12

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 05:54:35 PM »

I'm thinking of developing a line of shirts--T and/or fleece--with either relevant slogans or bible verses on them.

In light of on-going current events, and onestarfisher's posts here, what should be the bent, slant or "intent" of these slogans or verses--direct, indirect, loving, judgemental, gospel??

Several I've thot of:

(slogan):  

Maybe in the OT homosexuals were called "dogs" for a reason?  (with a citation to the relevant bibel verse, which I haven't found yet).

(verse):  

"You are to distinguish between the holy and the common; and between the unclean and the clean..."  Leviticus 10:10

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."  Leviticus 18:22

On the other side of the shirt, would be the business or company logo, which would be distinctive, and would also convey a distinct message...

I haven't decided yet which would go on which side, front or back.

With THOSE quotes ya better put 'em on the INSIDE!!!  Grin

OK  Lips Sealed

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 08:02:21 PM »

Perhaps messages that would correct the misconceived image of true Christians as being "hypocrites". Followed by Godly actions of the person wearing it to show the message is not more misconceived hypocrisy.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 08:06:25 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 09:17:28 PM »

You want to design a good shirt logo?

Forget anything which any group – regardless of how we may disagree with a lifestyle – may consider derogatory.

A great big cross on a contrasting background (which is clearly identifiable as Christian) says more that millions of words.  

You want the wearer to be a beacon – not a target, right?  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 03:41:54 AM »

Yep, Ollie, that's a good point...

and JudgeNot...yep...
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 02:49:17 PM »

I'm thinking about that, JUdgeNOt.  Thank you.

In the meantime, I found that passage:  Deut 23: 17-8

"There shall be no cult prostitute of the daughters of Israel, neither shall there be a cult prostitute of the sons of Israel.  You shall not bring the hire of a harlot, or the wages of a dog, into the house of the Lord your God in payment for any vow; for both of these are an abomination to the Lord your God."  (Deut. 23:17-8)

This is in my RSV.  A footnote at the bottom, on the same page, translates "dog", as "sodomite".   I haven't checked the KJV yet.

The context is important.  It's a little long to quote on a garment.  Perhaps as just a reference.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 09:04:04 PM »

Dude!  Now you're thinking!  (Or, as they say down home - you be thankin' now pardner!)

A big Cross on one side - then the book/chapter/verse on the other - make them look in the Word of God to find the Truth!  Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 10:34:19 PM »

Yep, thanks, JudgeNot...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2004, 07:38:15 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Symphony,

I hope you don't mind 2 cents worth. I would suggest using the New Testament instead of the Old Testament to do away with the biggest cop-out for abominable behavior. Here's a few samples for you:

Romans 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Romans 1:24  Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Romans 1:26  For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Romans 1:27  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:32  Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Brother, do we need to get together and hire body guards for you?   Wink

An idea for a slogan:  REPENT AND SIN NO MORE!

Another one:  GAY WAS HAPPY - NOW IT'S SAD!

Another one (?):  STAND STRAIGHT FOR JESUS!

Another one:  GOD ACCEPTS NO ALTERNATIVES!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2004, 07:58:25 PM »

I'm thinking the logo will be something distinctive, like the cross, and poignant, like the cross.  And instantly recognizable.  

I have a feeling you have an anti-gay topic in mind; this doesn't quite fit, but I always thought it would look neat on a shirt...

The blade of a sword, which fades upward into the distance, and the hilt (pommel? handle?) is the top of a cross instead.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2004, 11:36:04 PM »

On the front:
Homosexual Marriage

On the back:
Jesus Wept

Cry

JPD
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 12:15:26 AM »

Thank you, bep, willow, judgenot.

Hmmm.  You know what.  I just noticed the shirt ad on this webpage, upperright.  Never even noticed it before.

Huh Lips Sealed
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2004, 11:58:30 AM »

I just noticed the shirt ad on this webpage, upperright.  Never even noticed it before.

Huh Lips Sealed
A...sign?Huh

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2004, 11:07:59 AM »

I notice they can make custom-made shirts for you.  So maybe that's the way to go.

I got the idea from onestarfisher, here.  S/he is using magic markers or paints from WalMarts, on her/his own shirts.  Lot cheaper that way.

But if you had one of the advertisers here do it, and bought from them, you'd b e helping support the website...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the