Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:47:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  What are you doing? (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Shirts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shirts  (Read 16805 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2004, 10:55:51 PM »

So you didn't want her examining your cat?    Huh

Yes, I like the Paganism is Hell slogan because somewhat ambiguous, but nails where we're headed, and it's not really "attacking".  Few people really identify with paganism--even atheists, I think.  But it still gets a very critical point across.

Reba
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2004, 11:15:05 PM »

onestarfisher

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2004, 11:18:48 AM »

1) The pagan vet: she breezed into the exam room and "something" came with her - I can't explain it, but I felt the way I always do when in the presence of darkness, and that's what it felt like.

Her pentagram was huge, and like, in your face. I was feeling very uncomfortable as she began her examination. I felt like it was a "stance" issue - it was being shoved in my face - I could "bow" to it, or not. I asked her about her "gram" and she said, oh, it's paganism, it means blah blah blah. I said, I know full well what it means, it's a symbol of darkness. She got very nasty at that point and started arguing with me.
onestarfisher

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2004, 11:24:29 AM »

2) T shirts. What else is there to do? It does no good for Christians to try to change things legally - I mean, go ahead and try, but we're losing. (not eternally, just now) They will never overturn abortion, and I think it's just a matter of time before gay marriage is the norm in this country. Protest all you want to, it won't do any good.

so, why not be a beacon for truth and a billboard? just state the facts - on your clothing. the world wont' accept it anyway, but it is a stand. And for some reason, taking a stand really matters to me.

And, there is preaching. More of us should be standing on street corners or somewhere (not where no one can hear you with 6 lanes of traffic rushing by) - more of us should be on street corners or sidewalks preaching the gospel. (it's the foolishness of preaching, remember, not the movies or "lifestyle" evangelism) I'm not there yet, because I have fear, but the Lord keeps pulling me in that direction. Some libraries (at least here) have "free speech zones" outside the door. (altho I thought speech was still free everywhere here!)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 11:26:39 AM by onestarfisher » Logged
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2004, 08:52:37 PM »

Wow, the vet, it's cool that you challenged.  Hmmm.  

I wonder what becomes of any "unwanted" stray cats... Roll Eyes Lips Sealed

Yep, every opportunity we get, to say or do something.  Shirts are perfect..

I guess if I go out, I might as well go out with a bang.

I sent you a message, on one business possibility, onestar--or, that is, one way I was thinking of, of looking at it.

And you're sure definitely right--the paganism isn't going away.  Just today, now, a NY town mayor, 26 years old, issuing marriage licenses to several dozen gay couples....

But I did hear also that CA's Atty Gen'l apparently is beginning to come down on San Francisco's mayor.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2004, 01:21:27 PM »

I'm thinking of a shirt that says, on the front,

HOMOSE
XUALITY
IS A SIN.
    Lips Sealed

Exactly like that.  No hyphen. Maybe do it on an iron-on transfer using computer.

First, I'll probably only wear it into places I wouldn't normally go otherwise, just in case I get chased out, I won't need to go back in there anyway.

It'd be great to wear on out-of-town trips.  Sometimes I have to go to neighboring towns.   Maybe to their Wal-Mart.

Could you get arrested for it?   Hmmmm.   And, I wonder if it won't be "Christians" who will be doing the arresting.

On the back, another iron on, but in flowing script:

"Romans 12:1"
onestarfisher

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2004, 08:09:02 PM »

I LOVE IT! Boy, that is excellent. Why didn't I think of that??  Grin It's perfect. No, you won't get chased out of anywhere. Are they chasing people out who are wearing shirts dissing the Lord or calling him foul names , or shirts with big swear words on them? They aren't here. You go, guy!

ps you can buy transfers for light shirts and they have some for dark shirts too.

I don't think you can get arrested for it, at least not as long as speech is still legal. I walked right past two cops on duty inside the entrance to the public library in my shirt. (I live in a town where we have to have things like that!)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 08:12:36 PM by onestarfisher » Logged
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2004, 02:40:40 PM »

I'm experimenting a bit with this slogan idea.  This may take me a little while.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2004, 05:02:20 PM »

HOMOSE
XUALITY
IS A SIN.
  Lips Sealed

I'm having trouble transfering or enlarging this sufficiently in MS Word, or maybe Publisher?   I dunno.

And, an iron-on is what, 81/2 X 11, so I'm wanting it to "fill" that page to the very edge, ideally?  
onestarfisher

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2004, 07:44:19 PM »

I'm sure you'll figure it out! I'm not that literate on the computer.......
tony

Your Brother in Christ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2004, 08:43:20 PM »

Overall I think T-shirts are a wonderful idea... what is as equally important is the behavior/actions of the individuals wearing the shirts... I believe that it is entirely possible to do more harm than good if a person is labeled as being "Christian" but do not conduct themselves in a manner pleasing toward God.  Do people really run to wal-mart and make purchases because they see an off duty employee wearing a wal-mart vest??? Possibly...   My friends in the business industry frequently tell me that "word of mouth advertisement is the best advertisement".  Producing T-shirts or other products can be a costly endeavor and in the end our time may be better spent showing others Christ through the way in which we live our life, and even doing a little "word of mouth" advertisement...
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2004, 09:40:56 PM »

Thank you, tony.  Yep, onestar, I'm working through it.  I've got some design options finally worked out on MS Word; just don't know yet how to display them here, in this software.  I'd like to to get people's opinion here, on one's they might like best.  Maybe I could advertise(paid) them here at CU.   Any actual production would take me some time, though. I may want to copyright, or trademark it--that is, the design of where or how to place the image(not the text) I'm thinking about.  That would be some legal work, which would mean more time.  

Those are excellent points, tony.  Yes, the manner in which we carry a message is certainly as important as the message itself.

I'm not sure I can recommend the shirt(s) for every situation, or for everyone.  I want to stir clear of the hate-mongers, of course.  So far, though, I'm thinking this, if executed carefully, may be just the ticket.  

And, wearing something like this--that is, something that specifically speaks of "sin"-- will force me, likewise, to look at myself.  I'll have to.  Because I'm going to be in trouble with so many people, already, for simply wearing it.

"Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same thought, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin..."  (I Peter 4:1).

Wearing the shirt has a built-in duplicity to it.  It may, or will, cause me to suffer, which means it's more likely to clean sin out of my life, PLUS it calls a simple spade a spade(homosexuality really IS a sin), PLUS, it also can easily segue into the Gospel message--the good news!!  It'll work as a double-edged, or actually, a triple-edged sword, cutting at least three ways--for them, for me, and for the Gospel.

onestarfisher

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2004, 01:04:10 AM »

Yep, going around in the shirt is definitely an interesting experience. It's quite intense, actually - I haven't been out in mine for awhile, busy with other things. You really have to get your mindset on right when you go out in the shirt - it isn't just, "oh, I think I'll wear this today,"
The Crusader
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2004, 05:25:39 AM »

I LOVE IT

HOMOSE
XUALITY
IS A SIN.

How much do you want for one of them?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2004, 08:45:48 PM »

I'll probably make a special offer to you, Crusader.

Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the