Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:33:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hear the Word of God...Rightly Divided
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hear the Word of God...Rightly Divided  (Read 19804 times)
The Crusader
« on: February 12, 2004, 06:37:52 AM »

This is your invitation to    
Hear the Word of God...Rightly Divided    

To Hear    

"So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God"    

Romans 10:17    

"In Whom (Christ) ye also trusted, having heard the Word of Truth..."    
Ephesians 1:13    

The Word Of God    

"For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two - edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner (critic) of the thoughts and intents of the heart"    

Hebrews 4:12    

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God (God breathed) and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect (complete) thoroughly furnished unto all good works"    

2 Timothy 3:16, 17    

Rightly Divided    

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth"    

2 Timothy 2:15    

God's Message for This Age Teaches    

1. The total depravity of man - "There is none righteous, no not one." "For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God"    

Romans 3:10, 23    

2. The all - sufficiency of the work of Christ on the cross - "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died "FOR" the ungodly." "But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died "FOR" us." Much more then, having been justified by His Blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him"    

Romans 5: 6, 8, 9    

"For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus; Who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testifiedi n due time"    

1 Timothy 2:5, 6    

"For He hath made Him (Christ) to be sin for us, Who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him"    

2 Corinthians 5:21                                                                                              

3. The simple means of salvation - "For by Grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast"    

Ephesians 2:8, 9    

"Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ"    

Romans 5:1    

My sole purpose, is to help others fully understand the Gospel of the Grace of God (Acts 20:24). And as the Apostle Paul, my goal is that many might attain "unto all the riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the full knowledge of the mystery of God" (Colossians 2:1) And I hope to give clear teachings on all the following:    

1. The distinctiveness of the revelation given by the Glorified Lord to the Apostle Paul for this age.......................................GALATIANS 1:11, 12    
a. Called the Gospel of the Grace of God..............ACTS 20:24    
b. Hidden in other ages, called the Mystery or secret....EPHESIANS 3:1 - 9    
c. Completes the Word of God...............................COLOSSIANS 1:24 - 26    

2. The oneness of all true believers in Jesus Christ.    
a.  There is one body................................................ROMANS 12:4, 5    
b.  Baptized into Christ by the Holy Spirit.................1 CORINTHIANS 12:13    
c.  The seven - fold unity (oneness) of the Spirit.......EPHESIANS 4:3 - 6        

3. The perfect standing of every true believer in Jesus Christ.    
a.  Accepted in Christ................................................EPHESIANS 1:6    
b.  Seated in the Heavenlies.....................................EPHESIANS 2:6    
c.  Complete in Christ................................................COLOSSIANS 2:9, 10  

4. The joyful responsibilities of every true believer in Jesus Christ.    
a.  To God:    
    ...to glorify Him..................................................1 CORINTHIANS 6:19, 20    
    ...to be a faithful steward...................................1 CORINTHIANS 4:1, 2    
    ...to proclaim God's message...2 CORINTHIANS 5:19, 20; EPHESIANS 3:9    

b.  To one another:    
    ...to love the brethren.........................................................ROMANS 12:10;    

EPHESIANS 4:32, COLOSSIANS 3:12 - 14    

...to serve the brethren...................................................GALATIANS 5:13    

c.  To the world:    
    ...to manifest the love of Christ....................................ROMANS 12:17-21    
    ...to proclaim the Gospel of the Grace of God................ROMANS 3:24, 25;    

1 CORINTHIANS 15:3, 4      

Posted By Ambassador4Christ on another thread.
Re-Posted By The Crusader

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 10:27:26 AM »

Amen .......Bro Crusader,

The whole proposition to read, study and learn scripture is not just for the sake of reading, but to hide it in our hearts and minds that we might not sin against GOD (Psa 119:11); and to excersice the senses, to discern both good and evil  (Heb 5:14)

And to do it.

Blessings,

Petro

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 02:04:17 AM »

Amen Brothers!

I've been thinking about this often. One can talk about the basic principles of Bible Study and even try to spoon-feed someone for a time. However, there comes a time where nothing can replace a person's individual effort and study on their own.

I like the Biblical description of the babe in Christ drinking the spiritual milk of HIS WORD and the maturing Christian growing up in HIS WORD, finally progressing to the meat of HIS WORD. I give thanks for the patience of many to feed HIS flock.

The student must eventually do large amounts of individual study on their own and not depend upon every sip or bite being raised to their lips by the teacher. Here is where the joy becomes more full and the Holy Spirit becomes a guide and teacher. There is a secret here to be discovered by the student. There are always willing teachers when there is an eager and willing student to put forth some effort of his or her own.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Fewarechosen7F

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004, 04:34:39 PM »

Quote from: blackeyedpeas
[color=Red
The student must eventually do large amounts of individual study on their own and not depend upon every sip or bite being raised to their lips by the teacher.[/color] Here is where the joy becomes more full and the Holy Spirit becomes a guide and teacher. There is a secret here to be discovered by the student. There are always willing teachers when there is an eager and willing student to put forth some effort of his or her own.

One part of that secret is that if the whole adult part of even one congregation would do this sort of studying, their entire church body could do mighty things very quickly, with far fewer obstacles in their way. It is the lack of this sort of study that throws stumbling blocks in their path to begin with.

Anne
The Crusader
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 05:41:04 AM »

Amen Brothers!

I've been thinking about this often. One can talk about the basic principles of Bible Study and even try to spoon-feed someone for a time. However, there comes a time where nothing can replace a person's individual effort and study on their own.

I like the Biblical description of the babe in Christ drinking the spiritual milk of HIS WORD and the maturing Christian growing up in HIS WORD, finally progressing to the meat of HIS WORD. I give thanks for the patience of many to feed HIS flock.

The student must eventually do large amounts of individual study on their own and not depend upon every sip or bite being raised to their lips by the teacher. Here is where the joy becomes more full and the Holy Spirit becomes a guide and teacher. There is a secret here to be discovered by the student. There are always willing teachers when there is an eager and willing student to put forth some effort of his or her own.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Yes, thank you blackeyedpeas, I agree.

Your friend and brother

The Crusader
<Smiley))><
The Crusader
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 05:42:58 AM »

Amen .......Bro Crusader,

The whole proposition to read, study and learn scripture is not just for the sake of reading, but to hide it in our hearts and minds that we might not sin against GOD (Psa 119:11); and to excersice the senses, to discern both good and evil  (Heb 5:14)

And to do it.

Blessings,

Petro

Thanks Petro, and one Amen back at you

Your friend and brother

The Crusader
<Smiley))><
The Crusader
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 05:44:50 AM »

My sole purpose, is to help others fully understand the Gospel of the Grace of God (Acts 20:24). And as the Apostle Paul, my goal is that many might attain "unto all the riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the full knowledge of the mystery of God" (Colossians 2:1)

Your friend and brother

The Crusader
<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2004, 09:28:36 AM »

My sole purpose, is to help others fully understand the Gospel of the Grace of God (Acts 20:24). And as the Apostle Paul, my goal is that many might attain "unto all the riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the full knowledge of the mystery of God" (Colossians 2:1)

Your friend and brother

The Crusader
<Smiley))><

Oklahoma Howdy to the Crusader,

I read your post and was thinking that failure to study and learn the beautiful truths of our Lord and Saviour may be the reason why some Christians are unhappy. Some might listen to their preacher for a couple of hours a week, but that is not enough for the fuller joy and peace that is revealed in the Scriptures.

I give thanks for the many sweet Christians who share the Good News of the Gospel of God's Grace. Brother, I give thanks for you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 09:40:17 AM »

One part of that secret is that if the whole adult part of even one congregation would do this sort of studying, their entire church body could do mighty things very quickly, with far fewer obstacles in their way. It is the lack of this sort of study that throws stumbling blocks in their path to begin with.

Oklahoma Howdy to FewareChosen7f,

I go to a little church that does almost all Bible study. I doubt that the congregation will grow to any degree, and I doubt we will ever need a larger church. I honestly believe that many people don't go to church to study the Holy Bible. It seems that many people don't find sufficient entertainment in Bible study. I have no problem at all with social activities and other fun things, but the primary reason for church should be Bible study.

I think you are completely correct.

Love In Christ,
Tom

The Crusader
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004, 09:47:13 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to FewareChosen7f,

I go to a little church that does almost all Bible study. I doubt that the congregation will grow to any degree, and I doubt we will ever need a larger church. I honestly believe that many people don't go to church to study the Holy Bible. It seems that many people don't find sufficient entertainment in Bible study. I have no problem at all with social activities and other fun things, but the primary reason for church should be Bible study.

I think you are completely correct.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Amen, I thougt of this poem I posted on another thread.

GIMMICKS
by Gene Sutton

It seems that churches everywhere are doing things today
To try to bring their attendance up by giving things away.
They're running buses all over town in a way they think is dandy
Giving all the boys and girls that ride some bubble gum or candy.
And maybe they'll have a contest give the winner a free plane ride
Or offer them a ten-speed bike that would make one swell with pride.
God does not use this kind of plan to save one from his sin
But uses visitation to bring the sinner in.
So if you're using this unscriptural plan perhaps you'd better stop
Or your rewards in heaven might be just a lollipop.

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 07:59:51 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to the Crusader,

That poem speaks volumes. We have pot-luck once a month after church, Vacation Bible School, and Bible Camps. The pot-luck is probably the closest we have to what some might call entertainment. However, it's really just a time of fellowship.

I can't remember who said this or how long ago it was, but there was another thread about church. The church usher said something like "will that be drinking, non-drinking, smoking, or non-smoking."   Cheesy

Well, we know what Bible prophecy says about itching ears and sound doctrine.

Love In Christ,
Tom

The Crusader
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2004, 06:28:26 AM »

Miles Cloverdale Wrote:
(Paraphrased) It will help you to understand Scriptures, if you mark not only what is said or written,but of whom or to whom, with what words, at what time, where, to what intent, with what circumstances,considering what goes before and what follows after.Miles Cloverdale, was the first man to translate the entire Bible into the English language. While the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is an accurate record of events and sayings of men,we must remember: All Scripture is for me. It is not all addressed to me nor is it written about me.

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2004, 04:23:04 PM »

Miles Cloverdale Wrote:
(Paraphrased) It will help you to understand Scriptures, if you mark not only what is said or written,but of whom or to whom, with what words, at what time, where, to what intent, with what circumstances,considering what goes before and what follows after.Miles Cloverdale, was the first man to translate the entire Bible into the English language. While the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is an accurate record of events and sayings of men,we must remember: All Scripture is for me. It is not all addressed to me nor is it written about me.

<Smiley))><

AMEN!!!

All Scripture is for me. It is not all addressed to me nor is it written about me.

And AAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!!!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Gracey

...still just a child

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2004, 06:55:50 PM »

but the primary reason for church should be Bible study.

...jeepers. Ya mean I've been going for the wrong reason all along?    Grin

I go to worship God, to adore him, to meet with him, together with his family (where ever two or more meet...)

(technically, I suppose you could call bible study a form of worship)

Gracey  †

†† Guided by God ††
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2004, 10:35:49 PM »

Miles Cloverdale Wrote:

<Smiley))><

Oklahoma Howdy to The Crusader,

Here's a second AMEN!

If would be great if everyone had the beginning of understanding in the above paragraph. Every word of the Bible from front to back is precious, worthy of study, and critical to study. I think your quote says it all, so I'll stop.

I would add one thing: ignoring the Right Dividing of the Word of God causes great confusion.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the