Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:53:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hear the Word of God...Rightly Divided
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hear the Word of God...Rightly Divided  (Read 19825 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2004, 02:33:49 PM »

When you see the word "Rightly Divided" in relationship to Biblical interpretation, it is a red flag warning for the Dispensational heresy. The Scofield Reference Bible is the best known proponant of this dangerous teaching. Someone wrote a song about it to the tune of "My hope is built on nothing less"

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Scofield's notes and reference
I dare not trust this Thompson's Chain
But whole lean on Scfield's fame

refrain

He taught me to divide the truth
By reading James and chucking Ruth
He lets me choose which laws are right
And I admit that's mighty nice

There are a few other verses.

You get "TWO"Thumbs DOWN Grin

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2004, 10:16:51 PM »

Tom, that e-Sword looks great, are you sure it is safe to download? Have you downloaded it to your hard drive?

Thanks

Tim,

It's completely safe, and I've been using it for years on various operating systems. I currently use it on XP PRO, and it works flawlessly. It's every bit as good as many very expensive Bible Study packages, and it's FREE. I have it running in the background right now and most of every day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2004, 10:53:33 PM »

Tim Vaughn Said:

When you see the word "Rightly Divided" in relationship to Biblical interpretation, it is a red flag warning for the Dispensational heresy. The Scofield Reference Bible is the best known proponant of this dangerous teaching. Someone wrote a song about it to the tune of "My hope is built on nothing less"

Tim,

We can agree to disagree, and I think you are completely wrong. Anyone wishing to get beyond being a baby Christian must learn how to "rightly divide the Word of Truth". It's not a matter of ignoring even a single Scripture of the Bible, rather a matter of understanding the speaker, the audience, the purpose, how it applied, and when it applied.

Here's a couple of easy examples for you:

Adulterers were stoned to death.

Children who didn't learn to honor their father and mother before age 18 were stoned to death.

Gentiles (that's us) are unclean heathen, and it is forbidden to associate with us or be with us.

There are thousands more, but you will be fine if you make proper burnt offerings at the right time, way, and place.   Cheesy

Anyone can misuse and and confuse the Holy Bible without a single word of commentary. There is no heresy with the use of a Scofield Reference Bible, but there might be some heresy with the user or the user's results. There are no perfect commentaries or Bible study aids. That's why the Holy Bible is and should be the primary source of truth and study. That's also why the Old King James Version of the Holy Bible should be used.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Chesed

Zechariah 2:10-12

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2004, 12:26:40 AM »

Hi there BEP -

Gentiles (that's us) are unclean heathen, and it is forbidden to associate with us or be with us.

Are you saying the above is found in the OT somewhere? Could you please reference the scripture?

The reason I challenge you on this is because such a thing is not found in the OT, at least according to my understanding.

Peter says that he was forbidden (by law) not to associate with Gentiles: Acts 10:28 And he said to them, "You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him;" You will find no such prohibition in the Law of Moses. It was Rabbinic Law that prohibited a Jew from associating and particularly eating with a Gentile -- mostly as an issue of Kosher eating and keeping oneself from partaking in idol worship.

The Law of Moses, however, was given not only to Israel, but also to the Gentiles who left Egypt with Israel and sojourned with them:

Ex 12:49 " The same law shall apply to the native as to the stranger who sojourns among you."

Le 18:26 'But as for you, you are to keep My statutes and My judgments and shall not do any of these abominations, {neither} the native, nor the alien who sojourns among you

Le 24:22 'There shall be one standard for you; it shall be for the stranger as well as the native, for I am the LORD your God.' "

Nu 15:29 'You shall have one law for him who does {anything} unintentionally, for him who is native among the sons of Israel and for the alien who sojourns among them.

Nu 15:30 'But the person who does {anything} defiantly, whether he is native or an alien, that one is blaspheming the LORD; and that person shall be cut off from among his people.

Take care,
Chesed

'Sing & be glad, Daughter of Zion! For behold, I am coming & I will dwell in your midst, says the Lord. Many nations will join themselves to the Lord on that day & they will become a people unto Me; & I will dwell in your midst. Then you will know that the Lord sent me to you.'
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2004, 04:13:58 PM »

Chesed,

I think that you answered your own question.   Cheesy

I made a general statement, and that statement is true. You will find many other references to what Gentiles were known for (i.e. demon worship, pagan rituals, familiar spirits, and on and on and on). In fact, you will find a host of general and specific references throughout the Old Testament. Gentiles were not partakers of the things of God, rather partakers of the things of the devil. Jesus Christ and the Cross allowed Gentiles to become partakers of the things of God.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the