Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:06:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Tracts and stuff
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tracts and stuff  (Read 3917 times)
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2003, 08:33:32 AM »

Tracts seem to be used to explain viewpoints and many times opinions.

Why not just hand out Bibles? However tracts can also be used to point out a certain thought, and verses leading to that thought, in the Bible which could be missed by handing out the whole book.

Support your local Christian.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2003, 12:31:21 PM »

Tracts seem to be used to explain viewpoints and many times opinions.

EXACTLY! Like the Left Behind Tract...

Why not just hand out Bibles? However tracts can also be used to point out a certain thought, and verses leading to that thought, in the Bible which could be missed by handing out the whole book.

Yeah, the problem with that is they are to big, to expensive, and no one is going to shift thru all that.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2003, 12:50:40 PM »

The Salvation Army used to hand out Bibles in airports, train stations, bus depots, bars, etc..

I wonder if they still do?

Support your local Christian.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2003, 02:35:20 PM »

And the Gideons, too, Ollie.

I don't know.

I reached recently for one in a hospital bedside lampstand drawer--no Bible!!

The Left Behind thing seems to have become more of a fad, sad to say.

But I think short, easy to read tracts, like just a Billy Grahm sermon, is good.  I know there's a lot wrong with Graham, I spose, but his messages alwasy seem to be right to the point.

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2003, 05:41:17 PM »

I have corrected you on these topics numerous times. I’ve even tried coming at it from different angles, to see if that would help you comprehend. I’m not going to get into it with you yet again.

Opinions are not inspired....doesn't make any difference what angle you come in from.

Keep believing what you will, doesn’t change the fact that they are lies to discredit the Catholic Church, or that we do agree on most of the topics we discuss.

You are dreaming.

Worshipping and praying to Mary, is not taught in the bible.

Neither is obedience to a pope as an infallible mouthpiece for God, who has the power to forgive sin on the eearth, binding and setting free sinners at will, anathemizing and blessing them that disagree with catholic doctrine found in scripture.

And neither is praying for intecession to idols and relics of dead saints, found in the Holy Scriptures.

These are lies??

1.  Mary i  co-redemptress  mother of the church with Christ this is an official teaching of the Catholic chruch.  (1965AD)

2. The pope is infallible..  another official teaching in the Catholic church. (1870AD)

3.  Relics, crosses and images of saints should be venerated,; to venerate is to worship, definition of latin word venerari.   (375AD)

4.   Apocryphal books declared canonical  (1546AD)

5.   The Rosary introduced (1090AD)

6.   Purgatory defined as Dogma  (1439 AD)

I don't think so..

etro

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2003, 06:24:50 PM »

Yeah, I know of a little the Salvation Army guy who hands out tracts in Churches. No logo, or address to the church he is a member of, no deep personal convictions or theology being pushed, it is just a simple piece of black/blue and white paper in a half cartoon, half text format, just tells you Jesus died for you, summaries the roman road, puts bible verse all thought-out. THAT is what a tract should be like.

No bible? In a Hospital? Call front desk and tell them. The Gideon’s have a Key word search on their spy satellites. They tap ALL phone lines. When the Super computer in the island of Gidea picks it up, they will send a message for the nearest operative to move. Like the night, then Gideon will swoop down from a Helicopter, in his ninja suit, breaking through the glass. He will whip a 10 ponder out of his utility belt, put it on the bed side, and leave as fast and stealthy as he came. Grin

1. We have agreed on this topic. Perfect Example.

2. The pope is infallible, right… At least the Roman Catholics have the gall to admit they believe their leader is infallible. Most Christian Churches show the same favor toward their leaders, they just down say it. You seem to think YOU are infallible, Petro. Again, that is only Rome. BUT, I will admit, I am more inclined to believe that in the very least, God keeps a close eye on him, and guild his hand. The evidence is very completing.

3. Venerate is respect, honor, etc. Not worship. I know you are infallible and all, but I think I would know if I’m worshiping something.

4. Reread your history before you shouting this one from the Roof tops

5. Um… so?

6. Hey, the Dogma of Purgatory, maybe. The Philosophy behind it, yes.

Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2003, 06:41:22 PM »

Yeah, I know of a little the Salvation Army guy who hands out tracts in Churches. No logo, or address to the church he is a member of, no deep personal convictions or theology being pushed, it is just a simple piece of black/blue and white paper in a half cartoon, half text format, just tells you Jesus died for you, summaries the roman road, puts bible verse all thought-out. THAT is what a tract should be like.

No bible? In a Hospital? Call front desk and tell them. The Gideon’s have a Key word search on their spy satellites. They tap ALL phone lines. When the Super computer in the island of Gidea picks it up, they will send a message for the nearest operative to move. Like the night, then Gideon will swoop down from a Helicopter, in his ninja suit, breaking through the glass. He will whip a 10 ponder out of his utility belt, put it on the bed side, and leave as fast and stealthy as he came. Grin

1. We have agreed on this topic. Perfect Example.

2. The pope is infallible, right… At least the Roman Catholics have the gall to admit they believe their leader is infallible. Most Christian Churches show the same favor toward their leaders, they just down say it. You seem to think YOU are infallible, Petro. Again, that is only Rome. BUT, I will admit, I am more inclined to believe that in the very least, God keeps a close eye on him, and guild his hand. The evidence is very completing.

3. Venerate is respect, honor, etc. Not worship. I know you are infallible and all, but I think I would know if I’m worshiping something.

4. Reread your history before you shouting this one from the Roof tops

5. Um… so?

6. Hey, the Dogma of Purgatory, maybe. The Philosophy behind it, yes.

So, I guees they aren't lies afterall, you were just blowing smoke.

Petro

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2003, 11:49:02 PM »

Hahaha. I could correct you so you could NOT get it again, or just drop the subject and let this get back on topic. Roll Eyes

Anyways, who wants to watch a Gideon in action? Grin

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2003, 06:00:43 AM »

At this time I am working on some tracts for Roman Catholics, I plane on presenting the Salvation Message to them.
The Grace Gospel

Have A Nice Day Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2003, 09:55:23 AM »

Boi, don't make me slap da Fundamentalism out of ya! Wink Grin lol

Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2003, 11:11:19 AM »

Now Tibby they took your fish and cooked it to eat, whats next?

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2003, 10:42:49 PM »

*Reaches for a snake*That being the case, I will now renounce my Slapping, and turn to plan B: whipping.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the