Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:05:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Homosexual marriages
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Homosexual marriages are constitutional?
They should be - 2 (5.1%)
YES - 3 (7.7%)
Gays are just like us (normal) - 2 (5.1%)
Maybe - 0 (0%)
Who Cares - 0 (0%)
no - 5 (12.8%)
NO WAY! - 19 (48.7%)
Sick - 8 (20.5%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Homosexual marriages  (Read 12263 times)
Jesussavedusall

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2003, 01:04:55 AM »

I don't know. Same goes with why people are allowing gays to preach. It's not right. How can you listen to someone who is clearly contradicting him or herself?

Do you think the church can do something about the second one?
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2003, 01:44:46 AM »

I don't know. Same goes with why people are allowing gays to preach. It's not right. How can you listen to someone who is clearly contradicting him or herself?

Do you think the church can do something about the second one?

I don't and wouldn't attend a Church that would let a Homosexual be a member,not knowingly let alone let one preach. Now if a Gay came to Christ, and left it and was called to preach ok, but not a curently open or a hidden Gay.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2003, 02:06:22 AM »

... but not [...] a hidden Gay.
How will you know?

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Mozilla

Got Root?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2003, 03:12:30 AM »

What do you think about the High Court in the State of Massachusetts decreeing that homosexual marriages are constitutional?
I think the High Court is high alright.  Homosexuals should get the death penalty if found guilty of such immoral crime against our society.  That's what a good government like the one God established is supposed to do to homosexuals, execute them!
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2003, 08:57:03 AM »

What do you think about the High Court in the State of Massachusetts decreeing that homosexual marriages are constitutional?
I think the High Court is high alright.  Homosexuals should get the death penalty if found guilty of such immoral crime against our society.  That's what a good government like the one God established is supposed to do to homosexuals, execute them!

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! rotfl! Good one! Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2003, 11:03:24 AM »

Not funny!  Love the sinner, hate the sin.  No wonder people who practise homosexuality feel outraged.   Some christians make this a personal attack on these people without making room at the cross for them as well.  Jesus died for ALL of us.

2 Pet 3:9
9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

I'm not saying we shouldn't say sin is sin, but Jesus came to us in this life as good news.  Judgment comes later to those who don't reprent.  Go into all the world and preach the good news

Mark 16:15
15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.
(NIV)

Luke 4:18
18 "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed,
(NIV)

Luke 4:43
43 But he said, "I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent."
(NIV)

Acts 8:12
12 But when they believed Philip as he preached the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
(NIV)

Acts 11:20-21
20 Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.
21 The Lord's hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord.
(NIV)

People who turn, turn because of the good news of Jesus Christ and his ability to rescue us from our hopeless lives.   We will not change peoples lives condeming them to hell without throwing them a life line.  Its one thing if they refuse to grab the life line, but its quite another if we laugh at them as they drown in their sin, while enjoying the comfort of our life boat.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2003, 11:20:11 AM »

Not funny!  Love the sinner, hate the sin.  No wonder people who practise homosexuality feel outraged.   Some christians make this a personal attack on these people without making room at the cross for them as well.  Jesus died for ALL of us.

Hey, Faldwell... relax.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2003, 11:42:20 AM »

Hey Tibby,

Sorry if I sounded a little hyper....lol   I just believe that sometimes in the heat of battle, its easy for soldiers of the faith to forget who the real enemy is.  

Peace and Love!

Tim

twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2003, 12:31:56 PM »

Under the law gay people were stoned.

[think of this for a while.... ]

[....  just a sec.... ]

And I would be standing next to them in the rally ;
I did New Age sorcery before I met Christ and His Power.

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Jesussavedusall

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2003, 12:40:58 PM »

You know I think I might be going a little off topic, but what do you guys think about Christians marrying non-christians? I know it happens. It doesn't make sense to me, but then again we are not supposed to hate the sinner, but the sin. So what does the bible say on that?
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2003, 02:19:08 PM »

The verse you are referring to is...

2 Cor 6:14
14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
(NIV)

Yoked, meaning litteraly joined together

Strongs Greek/Hebrew deffinition of Yoke.
2218  zugos (dzoo-gos');
from the root of zeugnumi (to join, especially by a "yoke"); a coupling, i.e. (figuratively) servitude (a law or obligation); also (literally) the beam of the balance (as connecting the scales):
KJV-- pair of balances, yoke.

And Fellowship
3353  metochos (met'-okh-os);
from 3348; participant, i.e. (as noun) a sharer; by implication an associate:
KJV-- fellow, partaker, partner.

It is possible to love sinner's without being participants.

Mark 10:21
21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
(NIV)

Clear message of love and hope, not condemnation.   Again, I do not dispute the sin, or deny its wrong.  Only that by loving sinners can they see the error of their way, and have the hope of treasure in heaven by following the forgiver of sin.

Grace and Love!

Tim

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2003, 02:25:26 PM »

Under the law gay people were stoned.

[think of this for a while.... ]

[....  just a sec.... ]

And I would be standing next to them in the rally ;
I did New Age sorcery before I met Christ and His Power.

You will get no argument from me  Grin

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2003, 02:29:27 PM »

As for marrying an un-believer.  You are forming a union with a spouse.  The two become one.  I think the problem here is the spiritual battle that would ensue.  All of us are constantly fighting our own sinful nature.  But imagine fighting your own sinful nature along with a yoked sinful nature.   Thats 2 sinful natures against one forgiven nature.  Not winning odds for you spiritually.  Might sound silly, but thats the way I look at it.

Tim

Mozilla

Got Root?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2003, 02:39:08 PM »

2nd Timothy's words are plain text
Mozilla's word are in bold text.
--------------------------------------------------
Not funny!  Love the sinner, hate the sin.  

That is a dangerous and unscriptural cliche.  Does God punish the sin or the sinner?  The sinner of course, because the sin is within the sinner.  You cannot separate the two.

No wonder people who practise homosexuality feel outraged.

I've yet to see many outraged homosexuals.  There are plenty of homo activists that pretend to be outraged so someone will feel sorry for them.  I for one will not tolerate it.

Some christians make this a personal attack on these people without making room at the cross for them as well.

Only an extremely small number of Christians have personally attacked a homosexual by physical means.

Jesus died for ALL of us.

Yes, but that doesn't mean ALL are saved.

I'm not saying we shouldn't say sin is sin, but Jesus came to us in this life as good news.  Judgment comes later to those who don't reprent.  Go into all the world and preach the good news

We are not to tell homosexuals their lifestyle is acceptable just so they can get saved.  That would be a horrible thing to do.

People who turn, turn because of the good news of Jesus Christ and his ability to rescue us from our hopeless lives.  

I think it's great if a homosexual repents.  But the "good news" presented to them better not be the wishy-washy (God loves you and will save you no matter what even if you are a practicing homosexual) gospel.  Homosexuals must repent if the want to be saved.  And to repent means a 180° turn from their homosexual ways.

We will not change peoples lives condeming them to hell without throwing them a life line.  Its one thing if they refuse to grab the life line, but its quite another if we laugh at them as they drown in their sin, while enjoying the comfort of our life boat.

Actually, we cannot condemn them to hell.  And we cannot throw them a life-line.  That is something only God can do my friend.
Mozilla

Got Root?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2003, 02:51:28 PM »

Oh, and there is no such thing as a homosexual marriage!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the