Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:16:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286826 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  President Bush's approval rating drops to 38%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: President Bush's approval rating drops to 38%  (Read 12726 times)
Corpus
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2005, 10:30:38 AM »

For those still wondering about responsibility with disaster preparedness, the following link should provide some insight:

http://www.ohsep.louisiana.gov/plans/EOPSupplement1a.pdf

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2005, 10:59:46 AM »

Pastor Roger, I've always thought you were a great sounding guy, and have a great deal of respect for many of your view.  However, with a comment like the one you made about liberals wanting to replace Christianity with Islam, really shocked me.  I thought you were much smarter than that, and substantially less prone to ridiculous rhetoric.

It is not "ridiculous rhetoric" and it shows how misinformed and misled that you are. Thank you for making my point.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 11:39:56 AM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2005, 12:45:55 PM »

As a cute game, just once, I would like to see BEP or DW say that Bush has perhaps dealt with at least one thing poorly during his reign.  Just for fun... You don't even really have to mean it if you don't want to, just humor me a little.

cheers,

Jimmy
Hi Jimmy,

That will never happen from me. I didn't do it durning Clinton's term on office, I'm not about to start now. I don't think that Beps will do it either. Cheesy

Pastor Roger, I've always thought you were a great sounding guy, and have a great deal of respect for many of your view.  However, with a comment like the one you made about liberals wanting to replace Christianity with Islam, really shocked me.  I thought you were much smarter than that, and substantially less prone to ridiculous rhetoric.
I think you need to reread, Pastor Rogers post again, Jimmy. Lips Sealed

Resting in the hands, of Jesus.
Bob

Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2005, 10:19:19 PM »

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2005, 12:45:33 AM »

[size=40]*SNORT!*[/size]

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2005, 01:03:24 AM »

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JimmySwift

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2005, 02:36:43 AM »

hi all,

DW:  How did I misinturpret "They do support taking Christianity out of the U.S. and replacing it with Islam."  I'm not sure how much more plainly something can be related, no matter how ridiculous the point.

PR:  Clearly, i have missed all of your proofs for liberals in America trying to replace Christianity with Islam.  Could you please tell me when a liberal has taken actions to try and force you to be a muslim?  I guess it just hasn't happened to me yet.  Wow... I must be quite lucky.

Cheers,

J.D.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2005, 03:06:17 AM »

hi all,

DW:  How did I misinturpret "They do support taking Christianity out of the U.S. and replacing it with Islam."  I'm not sure how much more plainly something can be related, no matter how ridiculous the point.
Cheers,

J.D.

Posted by Florida_Catholic
And obviously liberals don't say "anything goes" or whatever other kinds of silly accussations you might make to help you categorize us as bad people who don't respect God.  For example, liberals don't support an elective war that kills tens of thousands of innocent people.  Liberals don't support the pollution and destruction of the Earth.  Liberals don't support letting corporate criminals off easy.  Liberals don't support bailing out failing megacorporations with taxpayer dollars.  Also, liberals believe that reducing the poverty rate is actually something that government should be interested in, while conservatives support an irresponsible tax cut to make the wealthy wealthier.

Posted by Pastor Roger
Liberals do support the killing of inocent babies, they do support degenerates like homosexuals, they do support many tax increases that do hurt those in the poverty level while lining their pockets with a lot of cash. They do sit on their laurels instead of protecting their people while the WTC is bombed, the USS Cole is attacked and setting the U.S. up for 9/11. They do offer up tons of money to a school in Africa for computers that doesn't even have eletricity to run them. They do support taking Christianity out of the U.S. and replacing it with Islam.
Jimmy look at what has be highlighted. Thats why, I think you miss read, Pastor Rogers statement. The second part highlighted should have been apart of the first highlight. It is almost like a after though, and added in.

Resting with the Lord.
Bob

Genesis 24:49 And now if ye will deal kindly and truly with my master, tell me: and if not, tell me; that I may turn to the right hand, or to the left.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2005, 03:07:33 AM »

I never said that anyone tried to force anyone else to be a muslim. I said, "They do support taking Christianity out of the U.S. and replacing it with Islam." There is a difference in those two statements.

I guess it just hasn't happened to me yet.  Wow... I must be quite lucky.

If you were in the U.S. and paying attention to what is actually going on instead of just listening to liberal news medias you would understand what I was talking about.

Check out the ACLU, CAIR, and the CPUSA. That would be good starters for you.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2005, 03:29:34 AM »

Brother Bob,

I just saw that you posted while I was getting ready to post. Thank you, I see that you understood what I was saying.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2005, 04:23:23 AM »

Brother Bob,
Thank you, I see that you understood what I was saying.
Your welcome P.R. Now if some of the others, are aren't American could understand, the American language. Cheesy Lips Sealed Wink

LittlePilgrim

Little pilgrim, walking down the road of life...

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2005, 01:18:58 PM »

Heh... Well, it would seem I'm a bit out of my league here. It still amazes me how much I, a highschool student, have to learn. But I will say this much. I am behind Pastor Roger and Dream Weaver 100%. Do I agree with everything Bush has done? No. I don't. But I support him and respect him.

Even if he was the worst president in history (which I do not believe he is by a long shot), I would still support and respect him as a leader... That is my responsibility as a Christian, to honor and respect those that God has placed in authority over me. Remember, even David refused to kill King Saul, though he had several chances and would likely have gotten away with it. In fact, when one man, hoping for glory, came to David and reported (falsely) that he himself had killed Saul, David had him executed.

To the liberals: I would strongly suggest you stop turning your broken records. If you believe President Bush is doing so poorly, COME UP WITH A BETTER SOLUTION YOURSELF, AND GO OUT AND TRY TO GET IT IMPLIMENTED! IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BETTER SOLUTION, A VIABLE SOLUTION, A PRACTICAL SOLUTION, JUST SHUT UP! I can't tell everyone how tired I've grown of this political crap over the past few years.

(Oh, BTW, If you think Clinton was so great, study economics. Economic changes take about four years to take major effect. IE, Clinton's the reason the economy was sluggish for so long. Bah... I hate politics. It leaves a foul taste in my mouth.)

For I am only human, not some hero of the faith/ I'm merely an example of God's mercy and His grace/ I keep my eyes on Jesus when my gains become a loss/ As I stumble to the cross. -Stumble, Timothy Mark
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2005, 01:50:36 PM »

LittlePilgrim Said:

Even if he was the worst president in history (which I do not believe he is by a long shot), I would still support and respect him as a leader... That is my responsibility as a Christian, to honor and respect those that God has placed in authority over me. Remember, even David refused to kill King Saul, though he had several chances and would likely have gotten away with it. In fact, when one man, hoping for glory, came to David and reported (falsely) that he himself had killed Saul, David had him executed.

Hello LittlePilgrim,

Amen! - good post! Most Christians also pray for their leaders whether they voted for them or not. Your point about God placing people in authority is Biblical. Even if a Christian disagrees with what a leader is doing, the Christian should still be praying for that leader.

AND, the liberal talking points are like a broken record. I guess they believe if the same thing is repeated over and over enough, someone might believe it.  Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 12:1-2 NASB  Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2005, 02:53:06 PM »

I give a second Amen, LittlePilgrim. Politics can be a sickening issue and wear one out quite quickly with its merry-go-round antics. One of the problems here is people setting the eyes on the things of this world and not on the buisness of our Lord.

The verse that is displayed at the bottom of blackeyedpeas last post pertains to this very subject. We should keep God at the center of all things that we do or say and this includes our political decisions.

"let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus,"

Instead of tearing down our President and our country it is time to turn to prayer for both. Prayer that the President will make the right decision for this country and do so according to Gods will.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2005, 01:27:33 AM »

I to give a third Amen, LittlePilgrim. How you said it, is very well said for a high school student!
COME UP WITH A BETTER SOLUTION YOURSELF, AND GO OUT AND TRY TO GET IT IMPLIMENTED! IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BETTER SOLUTION, A VIABLE SOLUTION, A PRACTICAL SOLUTION, JUST SHUT UP!
Cheesy

Resting in the hands, of Jesus.
Bob

Deuteronomy 32:38 Which did eat the fat of their sacrifices, and drank the wine of their drink offerings? let them rise up and help you, and be your protection.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the