Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:20:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  President Bush's approval rating drops to 38%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: President Bush's approval rating drops to 38%  (Read 12666 times)
Corpus
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2005, 04:51:13 PM »

Very well co-opted boys.  my congrats to you all.

Co-opted?

I don't get it?

I think I do...

I suspect he'd expand on the clever wit and insightful musings but only if the rest of are up to the daunting task of grasping his brilliance.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 04:53:11 PM by Corpus » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2005, 06:43:20 PM »

Very well co-opted boys.  my congrats to you all.

Co-opted?

I don't get it?

I think I do...

I suspect he'd expand on the clever wit and insightful musings but only if the rest of are up to the daunting task of grasping his brilliance.

Let us not embroider the situation beyond that which it is. The use of co-opted was not that brilliant. The question I have is the context and purpose of his statement. Or is he parroting a term that he does not fully understand.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2005, 01:58:23 AM »

Cheesy   Huh   Roll Eyes   Tongue   Grin   Cool

LLL  -  ACLU  =  ROFL

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2005, 02:02:29 AM »

Cheesy   Huh   Roll Eyes   Tongue   Grin   Cool

LLL  -  ACLU  =  ROFL

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2005, 10:21:31 AM »

I'm with P.R. on this one.  I understand the sentiment, it's the word usage that's slightly ajar...

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
JimmySwift

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2005, 10:12:17 PM »

hi all,

Thanks for all of the replies!  Although some of you don't really seem to be playing very nice...

PR: Many dictionaries include, as a definition for "co-opted" the following word usage: "To take or assume for one's own use; appropriate"  It seemed to me, that through a series of posts, the discussion topic moved away from the abismal approval ratings currently enjoyed by the Bush administration (if you beleive the numbers) into a rant about your usual list of talking points.  I was impressed with your collective ability to turn the thread around, and hence, used that particular term (quite appropriately I might add)  Perhaps you can call off the dogs now, if you wouldn't mind.

Cheers,

Jimmy
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2005, 03:52:11 AM »

hi all,

Thanks for all of the replies!  Although some of you don't really seem to be playing very nice...

PR: Many dictionaries include, as a definition for "co-opted" the following word usage: "To take or assume for one's own use; appropriate"  It seemed to me, that through a series of posts, the discussion topic moved away from the abismal approval ratings currently enjoyed by the Bush administration (if you beleive the numbers) into a rant about your usual list of talking points.  I was impressed with your collective ability to turn the thread around, and hence, used that particular term (quite appropriately I might add)  Perhaps you can call off the dogs now, if you wouldn't mind.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Hello Jimmy,

We buy feed for our cattle at the co-op, and it usually comes in burlap sacks. In terms of the dogs, it sounds like you are hollering for help. You will be fine as long as you stay in the tree unless a mountain lion joins you. I hate it when that happens.  Grin  In the meantime, we'll poll the dogs and see what your tree-climbing approval rating is.

Corpus
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2005, 09:18:07 AM »

Woof!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2005, 09:37:43 AM »

woof woof

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2005, 10:24:45 AM »

"Who let the dawgs out? WOOOF!! WOOOFWOOOF!!!"

Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2005, 11:12:21 AM »

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2005, 07:33:41 PM »

Florida_Catholic

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2005, 10:14:55 PM »

Now, Roll Over!

Berean_Standards

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2005, 03:13:42 AM »

I figure, who cares what kind of job Bush is doing?

I wonder why my fellow Christians seem to be sold on his faith when he refuses to cut ties with the Skull and Bones Society. There are too many Christians in America that are lukewarm and ignorant and think they can be Freemasons or belong to some sort of occult-oriented fraternal organization and yet also be true Christians at the same time.

I'm not confident I would want this man representing Christianity to America, and I'm also starting to think it's impossible to be a Christian and make it into politics, unless you're lukewarm and compromising.

I wonder, how many actual Christians are in office among the Senate and the House? Why do my fellow Christians seem to think the Republican party is also like, the Christian party? Just because they say they are pro-life and anti-gay marriage?
LittlePilgrim

Little pilgrim, walking down the road of life...

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2005, 10:14:46 AM »

I figure, who cares what kind of job Bush is doing?

I think we all care, both his supporters and his detractors. It's a matter of caring because we as the people have the power to influence in which direction the president, whomever he may be, takes this country. If we do not use that power and make no attempt to change things for the better, then we really have no right to complain, do we? Smiley

I wonder why my fellow Christians seem to be sold on his faith when he refuses to cut ties with the Skull and Bones Society. There are too many Christians in America that are lukewarm and ignorant and think they can be Freemasons or belong to some sort of occult-oriented fraternal organization and yet also be true Christians at the same time.

I've actually read quite a bit about Bush, and I think (personally) that he is a wonderful president, second only to (in recent days) Ronald Raegan.

I'm not sure what you mean by refusing to cut ties with Skull and Crossbones society, but we as Chistians cannot be reclusive. The only way to change this world is to live among those that are a part of it. Remember, even Christ associated with tax-collectors, prostitutes, gentiles of all kinds, and these were considered to be the worst sinners of His day.
Did he make them his CLOSEST friends? No. But did He turn them away? No. He loved them and sought them out. Remember the Samaritan woman by the well? Or what about Zaccheus? Levi, later named Matthew, was one of Christ's disciples. Could he have changed if Christ chose to avoid him? I don't think so.

I agree. There are far too many lukewarm Christians, not just here, but around the globe. They think they can take part in something like freemasonry (a topic which I've actually studied a great deal) and still be Christians at the same time.

Are you referring to Bush's statements regarding Islam? That shows ignorance on his part, I think, but it also shows that he is trying not to violate the first ammendment (seperation of church and state). He is trying to not use the power of the presidency to (unconstitutionally) support his religion over that of others. But he has made it very clear where his beliefs and values lie.

These are all just based on a few, rather ambiguous statments of course. If you could be more specific? Maybe I could answer you better. Smiley

I'm not confident I would want this man representing Christianity to America, and I'm also starting to think it's impossible to be a Christian and make it into politics, unless you're lukewarm and compromising.

Again I'm curious as to why. I think he has done a wonderful job, well... As wonderful a job as he can do with the restrictions placed on him by the presidency and the consitution.

A Christian does not have to be lukewarm and comprimising. Again, I'll point you back to Ronald Raegan.

I wonder, how many actual Christians are in office among the Senate and the House? Why do my fellow Christians seem to think the Republican party is also like, the Christian party? Just because they say they are pro-life and anti-gay marriage?

To be honest? I'm not entirely sure.

To your second question, I've got two answers.
The first is this: Looking at society, you'll generally find that the only people openly opposed to abortion and gay marriage are those with a firm moral foundation. More often than not, these are Christians.
Secondly, it is not so much the republicans being the Christian party as it is (in my humble opinion) the conservative movement being a Christian movement.

Anyway, I hope all this helps. Smiley

For I am only human, not some hero of the faith/ I'm merely an example of God's mercy and His grace/ I keep my eyes on Jesus when my gains become a loss/ As I stumble to the cross. -Stumble, Timothy Mark
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the