Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:45:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  President Bush's approval rating drops to 38%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: President Bush's approval rating drops to 38%  (Read 12662 times)
Florida_Catholic

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2005, 07:55:14 PM »

Who are these 38%?

I'm curious; who still thinks President Bush and the Republicans are doing a good job with the extremely unbalanced level of power they hold . . . leading all three branches of the government? Why do you not think that they're doing awful?

Let's just look at this governments history . . . first major issue where we look to the Federal Govt: September 11th, 2001. Saddam Hussein and the Iraqis brutally attacked . . . wait I mean Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda brutally attacked us. We know that bringing this man to justice is a top priority - more than four years later Bin Laden is still at large. We realize that our disaster preparedness could be better; they made some changes - great, change is always good, except when it makes things worse like we saw in the response to Katrina. So shortly after September 11th, the citizens of this great nation align themselves behind the President - giving him the opportunity to lead the country to greatness and accomplish much more than say Clinton did with a divided country and Congress. Of course this unity was squandered since today we're more divided than ever. He misled us into a war in Iraq - spending billions of dollars to destroy a country posing little threat to us and then billions more to try to rebuild and fight off terrorists that this action was effective in growing. Also this and other irresponsible spending habits (unbalanced tax cuts for the wealthy), squandered a budget surplus to put us in unprecedented deficits. More recently he returned to the White House early from one of his many vacations to push for Teri Schiavo to have her feeding tube reinserted against her and her husband's will, but failed to take such quick or strong action to feed the suffering people of New Orleans after an awful disaster that he was warned about. Of course he was warned about several of his other failings before making those poor decisions as well.

One of the few things he hasn't screwed up is developing a group of supporters, apparently 38%, who will defend him with greater fervor than they would the many innocent people of this world who have suffered unnecessarily due to his misjudgments.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 09:20:23 PM »

Florida_Catholic,

In spite of the liberal loopy left's best efforts to lie, twist and distort, I think that President Bush and the Republicans are doing a wonderful job. Further, I think that the LLL's efforts will lead to many more Republicans in office on the next election.  Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 09:23:09 PM »

The poll I saw said "82% think President Bush is doing an excellent job". So as normal polls are only good for the amount of people doing them. They are useless for an assessment of the entire nations opinion.

You need to give up the LLL droll and start putting your efforts into a more Godly purpose.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Florida_Catholic

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 10:15:23 PM »

If you're calling me a liar, I'm offended and I'd really like for you to speak to each of the exact points in my post - those you think are true and those that you think are false and why you believe differently.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 10:35:01 PM »

If you're calling me a liar, I'm offended and I'd really like for you to speak to each of the exact points in my post - those you think are true and those that you think are false and why you believe differently.

Florida_Catholic,

I'm not calling you anything. If you are labeling yourself, that's your problem. And, I'll answer your points if I wish to, and only then. I have better things to do with my time, so don't hold your breath.

Huh   Cheesy   Roll Eyes   Grin   Cool

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 02:10:27 AM »

Who are these 38%?

I'm curious; who still thinks President Bush and the Republicans are doing a good job with the extremely unbalanced level of power they hold . . . leading all three branches of the government? Why do you not think that they're doing awful?
Florida_Catholic, yes I think President Bush is doing a wonderful job. Maybe if the democrats would ever follow through with there promises he would do even better.

Florida_Catholic, The funny thing is, polls can be twisted anyway the poll maker want to twist them. The poll rating I saw, Bush had a 59% Approval. But the fact of the matter is, most poll makers are democrats.

I don't trust polls anyway, cause of the lies they say. What happen when they take a poll of .100 (thats 1/1000) of 1% and 95% of those are democrats. You get a 95% dissaproval rating. The same thing can be said of the Republicans. Now you know why, I don't trust polls. The only thing I trust 100% in, is Jesus!

Resting in the hands, of Jesus.
Bob

Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.

Florida_Catholic

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 06:54:14 AM »

I'm not trying to make a deal about the poll, more about the fact that people are blindly supporting Bush inspite of these catastrophic failures.  However, if you are interested in making an argument against polls of this nature you should study them a little further.  Reputable polls, unlike the one you quoted, do things to eliminate known biases like that.  They'll take polls of a representative cross section of the country, not mostly Democrats or mostly Republicans.  Everyone who has responded has done so by name calling and silly claims that what I posted is not true.  If you continue to get your news from liars who seek to intentionally mislead you for the sake of their own political agenda, of course you'll be ignorant of what's really going on.
Corpus
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 08:17:24 AM »

FC,

Do approval ratings dictate right vs. wrong or even competence? If so, than Christ was an abysmally poor leader at the time of His crucifixion.

First, the capture or killing of Osama Bin Laden might prove fruitful as a symbolic act of success, but would do little to stop the terrorist machine from chugging along. Bin Laden is simply the most well-known terrorist, but far from being the only leader. His death will simply result in his being replaced with another 'number one.'

Secondly, the recent tragedy caused by Hurrican Katrina has little, if any correlation to 9/11. Disaster preparedness is by its very nature is a virtual oxymoron. In criticizing how the federal government should have responded, it's worth commenting on exactly what you expected them to do.

Of course this unity was squandered since today we're more divided than ever. He misled us into a war in Iraq - spending billions of dollars to destroy a country posing little threat to us and then billions more to try to rebuild and fight off terrorists that this action was effective in growing.

I question your point about us being more divided then ever. Reliance upon the opinion poll just doesn't match up to what I see, hear and experience every day from those in my community. Maybe that's stricitly geography, but a review of opinion polls shows how horrible they've been at predicting election outcomes where plenty more resources are devoted to the task. Just how credible they are mid-way through a presidency then becomes iffy at best.

And you know, that point about the war in Iraq is just too old to address any more. He no more mis-led us than the Democrats and the UN did in claiming the threat posed by Iraq. The US was in fact the only country willing to follow through on the "threats" levied by the UN for compliance failure. If we'd done nothing and had been wrong, you'd likely be posting today about his horrible leadership in failing to act.

More recently he returned to the White House early from one of his many vacations to push for Teri Schiavo to have her feeding tube reinserted against her and her husband's will, but failed to take such quick or strong action to feed the suffering people of New Orleans after an awful disaster that he was warned about.

Check the disaster preparedness documents drafted by the City of New Orleans under the section about hurricanes. There you will find all the plans that were never executed to save the city's inhabitants, a plan drafted largely by Democrats with current Democrats in office and responsible for implementing against a disaster which, as you rightly pointed out, they had ample warning of.

One of the few things he hasn't screwed up is developing a group of supporters, apparently 38%, who will defend him with greater fervor than they would the many innocent people of this world who have suffered unnecessarily due to his misjudgments.

Actually I count one of his greatest successes as frustrating the LLL (as BEP has so eloquently termed them) to the point of spouting just the darnedest and goofiest accusations on websites, blogs and the like. Their hatred of him is a testament to his success. The more they whine, the more satisfied I am with his performance.

Cheers!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 12:10:55 PM »

Everyone who has responded has done so by name calling and silly claims that what I posted is not true.
Excuse me, where did I call you a silly name, or claim what you posted wasn't true. I think you are feeling guilty about something, posting this statement I quoted above.

If you continue to get your news from liars who seek to intentionally mislead you for the sake of their own political agenda, of course you'll be ignorant of what's really going on.
I can say the same thing about you, as well Florida_Catholic. What I posted is what I found on the net. I'm sorry you don't like the facts. I posted, thats your problem though not mine.

Resting in the hands, of Jesus.
Bob

Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

TEXASGRANDMA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 12:59:01 PM »

I think the President and the Republicans only care about rich people.  I think the Democrats only care about rich liberals.  Praise God, because God  cares about all people.

My husband is on a waiting list ( so far 4 months)at the Va for surgery because the President has cut funding to the VA.   We go to a clinic an hour and a half away, because in our town the funding was cut so badly at the Va that my husband is below 250 names on the waiting list. When my husband served our Country, he was told the country would look out for him.  Now that has been forgotten
Our President refuses to raise taxes because it will upset the rich, but instead will delay much needed funds to pay for medication for the elderly.  
Too many people think because someone is Republican that they must be a Christian, but I think we will be surprised when we get to Heaven how many Republicans had abortions secretly and only put on the appearance of being a Christian to get elected.
betty

hugs and prayers,
Betty
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 01:10:39 PM »

I think the President and the Republicans only care about rich people.  I think the Democrats only care about rich liberals.  Praise God, because God  cares about all people.

betty
AMEN
Betty by the way, I'm a poor Republican.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 01:24:41 PM »

Hi Betty,

While I agree with you that the VA cuts are atrocious I cannot blame it all on President Bush, although I also admit he is partially to blame. Many of those cuts were put it place prior to his entering office. President Bush has put into place more VA spending than President Clinton did. This is not to say that it is enough because I agree it isn't. The VA spending is far from what it should be.

I know this because I am a handicapped Veteran myself with a service connected disability.

If you don't mind my asking, is your husbands condition service connected? Did he retire from the Military? I will understand completely if you do not wish to answer these questions. I am just curious and I do council with many Veterans on this daily.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TEXASGRANDMA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 02:15:56 PM »

Hubby had to take an early retirment from working on the railroad because of an on the job injury.  When you take an early retirment there is no health benefits.  So we have no insurance.  I am thankful that he can go to the Va but he is discouraged because he is had these problems for over a year and the doctor says it will get better once they do they surgery.  So it is fustrating the waitinig part.  You being disabled from your service to the Country, is I am sure even more fustrating for you.  I admire you very much for the sacrifice you made for your Country.  I will say a special pray for you.
betty

hugs and prayers,
Betty
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 04:36:54 PM »

Betty, Thank you for your prayers.

I understand your frustrations. It is difficult to deal with a health problem with little or no insurance. The VA is even more difficult than most especially if the problem is not service connected.

I have a brother in law that went through the Korean war and has a service connected problem however he has other health problems that are not service connected and it is sometimes difficult for him to get care for those problems. For his heart condition he has had to go on a waiting list and then he must travel about 300 miles away to the nearest facility for treatment.

One thing that helps is that new bill was passed so that a Veteran with service connected disabilitiy must be seen within 30 days of the request for care. If no VA facility is available they must be cared for at a non-VA provider at VA expense.

There have been many complaints about scheduling problems for the VA. As you probably already know, Veterans are placed into categories according to service connected or non connected, per cent of disability, retired or non - retired. Then the scheduling is done according to their category with the higher categories getting priority.

A Veteran that is not getting timely treatment at VA facilities should contact Rep. Steve Buyer, R-Ind who is the chairman of the House Committee on Veterans Affairs. Steve Buyer says changes are already being made, and the scheduling crisis should soon be resolved.

I strongly recommend contacting Steve Buyer. It does help.

ravenloche

I am a messianic christian

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 08:02:06 PM »

Greetings in the manificent name of Jesus!

I don't know where you got your poll % from, but it fails to match any poll that I have checked FC.
Most that I have checked list the approval rate at around
80-85%.

I am not a dedicated political person period, so I will not enter into the Democ. \ Republican debate.

I do however feel that President Bush has been unjustly treated in the New Orleans situation.

There was a chain of command that was responsible for the people of N.O.

1)the mayor of N.O.
2)The state homeland security officer, who was a political appointee of the mayor
3)the govenor of N.O.
4)the national homeland security officer
5)the president

I have seen many fingers pointed at our national leader, who , by the way; ask the mayor and the govenor to evacuate the people 5 days before Katrina struck. The gov. and the mayor felt that there was no need for such "drastic measures"

Three days before Katrina struck Pres. Bush again asked for the people to be evacuated, and offered any assistance that they needed, up to and including use of the national guard.
Once again he was informed that such measures were not needed; yet there were fingers from these same people pointing at the president. I think that there does indeed need to be an investigation, but the subject needs to be pointed in a different direction.

As a closing statement let me remind you that the book of Romans tells us that a person in position of power over a people, such as the president, is there because G-d allows that person to be there. We are supposed to pray for them, not seek faults. We all have faults,including me, and including you. Do you want people to see faults in you, or do you prefer that they point out, and\or observe your good qualities?

respectfully yours in Yeshua:

ravenloche

if not you, who? if not now, when?
if not here, where? if it is to be it is up to me!
John 3:17 for he came not into the world to condemn the world, but that the world thru him might be saved! Rom 8:1 there is therefore no con-
demnation to those who are in
christ Jesus...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the