Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:10:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286825 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prophecy and End Time Series. - Israel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prophecy and End Time Series. - Israel  (Read 59102 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2006, 10:42:18 AM »

Naturally they want Israel involved. It is something that they all have in common .... hatred toward Israelis. By doing so he will be gaining more support from all the other muslim fanctions.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: January 09, 2006, 12:59:48 PM »

Israeli Leader Sharon Moves Hand, Leg

By AMY TEIBEL, Associated Press Writer
1 minute ago

JERUSALEM - Prime Minister
Ariel Sharon resumed breathing on his own Monday and moved his right hand and leg in response to stimulation as doctors started weaning him off the sedatives keeping him in a coma.

Sharon's chief neurosurgeon, Dr. Felix Umansky, said the leader's response to pain stimulation was a "very important" sign, but it was too early to assess Sharon's ability to think and reason after suffering a massive stroke Wednesday. It will take days to wean the 77-year-old premier off sedatives.

By Monday afternoon, Sharon had begun breathing on his own, though he was still on a respirator to assist him, said Dr. Shlomo Mor-Yosef, director of Hadassah Hospital, where Sharon is being treated.

Doctors said they applied pressure to a part of Sharon's body that usually causes pain. Sharon's blood pressure rose during the stimulation — a positive sign — and he lifted his right hand and right leg slightly.

"It was a slight, but significant, movement," Mor-Yosef said.

It would be more significant if Sharon moved his left hand, since that is controlled by the right side of the brain, where Sharon's stroke occurred.

Sharon remained in critical condition.

Doctors hope Sharon will have a greater response to pain stimulation, including opening his eyes, as the sedatives are decreased, Umansky said.

It is too early to say how the massive bleeding in the right side of Sharon's brain will affect his cognitive abilities or the left side of his body.

"The moment that the prime minister is able to talk to us and to sit up one can say there will no longer be danger to his life," he said. "Once he is conscious and with us and all his systems are functioning and there are no complications, such as an infection or something else, I will be ready to say he's out of danger."

The doctors could put Sharon back in a coma if his condition worsens, he said.

One of Sharon's neurosurgeons said it was unlikely he could function as prime minister again.

Experts said the prime minister suffered most of the damage to the right side of his brain, so he has a greater chance of regaining his speech and comprehension, which are controlled by the left side.

After the sedatives, doctors will pass their assessment of brain damage to Attorney General Meni Mazuz, who then will decide whether to declare the prime minister permanently incapacitated.

"The minute we know what damage has occurred, we will talk," Justice Ministry spokesman Yaakov Galanti said.

Since an acting prime minister is in place, there is no urgency to such a declaration, Galanti added. Ehud Olmert, Sharon's deputy, was named acting prime minister after Sharon's second stroke and can serve in that role for 100 days.

In the event the attorney general declares permanent incapacitation, the Cabinet would elect a new prime minister within 24 hours, choosing from the five Cabinet ministers from Sharon's Kadima Party who also are lawmakers, Galanti said.

That group includes Olmert.

Sharon, who suffered a mild stroke Dec. 18, felt weak Wednesday and was rushed to Hadassah from his ranch in southern Israel when a blood vessel on the right side of his brain burst, causing massive cerebral hemorrhaging. The stroke occurred the night before he was scheduled to undergo a procedure to close a hole in his heart that contributed to the earlier stroke.

He has undergone two surgeries to stop the bleeding in his brain and relieve the pressure inside his skull.

Sharon, Israel's most popular politician, was seen by many here as the best hope for resolving the Israel-Palestinian conflict. His abrupt illness and expected departure from the Mideast political stage has raised concern that momentum on territorial concessions, created by his recent Gaza Strip withdrawal, would be stopped, and that Sharon's successor would not have the stature to forge ahead on drawing Israel's final borders.

Before his collapse, Sharon appeared headed to a landslide victory in March 28 elections at the head of the Kadima Party, which seeks further pullbacks while strengthening Israel's hold over major settlement blocs.

Olmert told the Cabinet on Sunday he would work to carry on Sharon's political legacy.

Sharon's condition and the uncertainty it has generated has unsettled Israelis. At the hospital entrance Monday, three Jerusalemites hung up a white sheet with blue lettering in English and Hebrew that read, "Ariel Sharon, there is more to do, please wake up."

In the Gaza Strip, where Sharon is reviled for his tough policies on Palestinians, 40 masked gunmen from the Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades militant group held a demonstration against Sharon. One held a gun to a photo of Sharon that was labeled "the killer of children" and then burned the picture.

Doctors not involved in Sharon's care said that if he awakens, the extent of his responses could vary widely from slight movements to a much fuller awakening. They also have cautioned that there is no guarantee Sharon will awaken from the anesthesia.

That Sharon can breathe on his own "tells us that one part of his brain is functioning, the respiratory center," said Dr. John Martin, a professor of cardiovascular medicine at University College in London. "It doesn't tell us how he is thinking, it doesn't tell us how he can speak, it doesn't tell us how he can move his arms and legs.

"His chances of survival are better than if the respiratory center had been damaged, but that still doesn't mean he's going to survive. ... It is still highly probable that he will die," Martin added, noting that Sharon's weight and age work against him.

One of Sharon's surgeons, Dr. Jose Cohen, has said that while Sharon's chances of survival were high, his ability to think and reason would be impaired.

"He will not continue to be prime minister, but maybe he will be able to understand and to speak," the Argentina-born Cohen said in comments published Sunday by The Jerusalem Post.

Israeli Leader Sharon Moves Hand, Leg

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: January 09, 2006, 11:51:47 PM »

New nanotech armor called 5 times stronger than steel

SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM
Monday, January 9, 2006

TEL AVIV — An Israeli firm has developed armor based on nanotechnology.

ApNano has tested armor said to be five times stronger than steel and twice as strong as any impact-resistant material used in protective gear.

Last year, a sample of the ApNano material was subjected to tests in which a steel projectile traveling at a speed of up to 1.5 kilometers per second slammed into the material.

Executives said the impact was the equivalent to dropping four diesel locomotives onto an area the size of a human fingernail.

They said the nano-based armor, which stemmed from a new carbon form called Inorganic Fullerenes, withstood the impact.

The company's chief executive officer, Menachem Genut, said the company would launch initial production within the next six months. Genut said this would mean the production of between 100 and 200 kilograms of the nano-material per day.

By 2007, Genut said, ApNano, based in Nes Ziona, Israel, would begin full-scale production of the armor. This would mean the production of several tons per day.

The company began development of the nano-material in 2004.

Genut said the nano-material would require additional field testing before it was ready for the market. He said the first product could be ready by 2009.

New nanotech armor called 5 times stronger then steel

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: January 09, 2006, 11:54:50 PM »

Abbas says U.S. assures him Jerusalem vote to proceed
Mon Jan 9, 2006 2:54 PM ET173

By Nidal al-Mughrabi

GAZA (Reuters) - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said on Monday the United States had assured him that voting in the January 25 legislative poll would be allowed in East Jerusalem, despite Israel's objection to Hamas participating.

"Today I received American assurances that the campaigning and the elections will take place in Jerusalem," he told reporters in Gaza, without elaborating.

"Upon these assurances, I say that the election will continue and it will be held on time."

Earlier this month Abbas raised the possibility the election could be delayed if Israel barred voting in Arab East Jerusalem.

There was no immediate comment from the Bush administration, which could put considerable pressure on Israel to back down from a threat to ban voting in the city.

Abbas made the comments after Israel's internal security minister, Gideon Ezra, said Israel was allowing candidates in the Palestinian election to campaign in East Jerusalem as long as they did not belong to militant groups.

But Ezra said Israel had not yet decided on whether voting will be allowed in East Jerusalem, a core demand by Palestinians who want it as capital of a future state.

"I absolutely reject that Jerusalem is excluded from the election campaign and the elections," Abbas said.

He said he had also asked the United States to put pressure on Israel to remove checkpoints in Palestinian areas and release Palestinian prisoners. "The Americans have not come with answers for that," Abbas said.

Israel captured East Jerusalem in the 1967 Middle East war and annexed it in a move not recognized abroad.

Police barred Palestinian candidates from electioneering in the city when campaigning began last week, drawing a call by the United States, patron of a peace "road map", for Israel to allow Jerusalem Palestinians access to the parliamentary ballot.

PERMITS

Ezra told Israel Radio that, under new orders, police would approve electioneering by "all those who favor pursuing the peace process and the road map" -- if they apply in advance.

"Hamas candidates, for example, will not receive permits," Ezra said, referring to an Islamic militant group spearheading a 5-year-old Palestinian uprising.

The decision drew protests from Abbas' Fatah faction, which is fending off an electoral challenge from Hamas but fears charges of Israeli intercession.

"In order to have a free and fair election, either there is campaigning for all candidates, including Hamas, or there will be no campaigning," said Hatem Abdel-Qader of Fatah.

Hamas vowed to defy the Israeli ban. "We will carry out our electioneering campaign whether the occupation agrees or not. We have the ways and means to do so despite the Israeli decision," Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said.

Palestinian chief negotiator Saeb Erekat said the United States was "playing a major role" to try to persuade Israel to enable Palestinians to cast ballots in East Jerusalem.

Hamas boycotted the last Palestinian legislative election, in 1996, when voting was allowed in East Jerusalem. But Israel says interim accords do not guarantee Palestinian political rights in Jerusalem. Palestinians dispute this.

Western countries are keen for the vote to take place as scheduled as a way of strengthening Palestinian democracy. But they are wary of a strong showing by Hamas, which has carried out nearly 60 suicide bombings during the uprising.

Palestinian residents of East Jerusalem have Israeli identity cards but many see themselves as citizens of a future Palestinian state.

Abbas says US assures him Jerusalem vote to proceed

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2006, 01:34:35 AM »

Ezek. 38 & 39 make reference to the invasion of Israel by "Gog".  Much has been said here, and other places, about the correlation between Gog and Russia, based primarily on references to Gog coming out of the north, but occasionally because of the word "rosh" in the Hebrew. Considering also the recent events involving Iran, I think it good to look at a couple of things.

The people referred to as those of the land of Magog were the ancient Sycthians. In the time of Ezekiel they lived in an area which was north of Israel, between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea with the Caucasus Mountain Range as their southern border. Gog of Magog is the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. Both Meshech and Tubal, along with Magog are listed in Gen. 10:2 as sons of Japheth, a son of Noah. The ark landed on Mount Ararat in the Caucasus Mountains. These three grandsons of Noah settled north on the mountains in the southeastern region of the former Soviet Union. The basic area now known as eastern Turkey, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan, and only incidentally includes a very minor portion at the far southern reaches of Russia.

Gog's forces will be augmented by other armies, among them Persia, Cush, and Put . Coming against Israel from the east will be Persia. Persia changed it's name in 1935. It is now known as Iran. Cush and Put will attack Israel from the south. Cush is located to the south of Egypt and is today the eastern part of the Sudan and Ethiopia. Put is to the west of Egypt in the region of Libya (Ezek 38:5). Both are descendants of Noah through Ham (Gen. 10:6). Also allied with Gog in his invasion will be Gomer and Togarmah. These Japhethite grandsons of Noah settled in Asia Minor;Gomer in Germany and central Turkey, and Togarmah in eastern Turkey and Armenia.

It  is highly unlikely that Russia itself is Magog (Gog), but is instead a collection of countries that today are predominately Islamic, which would have a great deal to do with their spiritual attitude towards Israel. OTOH, Russia is predominately secular/Orthodox.
Because of the situation, right now in Iran. I am bumping Evangelist post. Today it makes more sense, then it do when Evangelist posted .

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2006, 10:49:08 AM »

Last update - 14:54 10/01/2006            
Diskin: More weapons smuggled into Gaza Strip since pullout
By Haaretz Service

The amount of weapons and explosives smuggled into the Gaza Strip has significantly increased since the disengagement from the Gaza Strip, Shin Bet Chief Yuval Diskin said during a Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee meeting Tuesday.

Diskin said that every month some 2,000 rifles are smuggled into the Gaza Strip, four times the amount smuggled prior to the Gaza pullout.

Committee chairman MK Yuval Steinitz (Likud) said Tuesday that the Egyptians were not making any effort to thwart the smuggling, and there was an impression that the Palestinian armament was intended for an attack on Israel.

More weapons

twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2006, 01:03:29 PM »

I see that you guys are enjoying the 2006-ride so far ehy ?
Hold on to your hat; the main characters just got seated in the carts, it isn't even moving yet !

I believe another word will be learned before the end of this year; megadeath.
And no; it's not the rockband

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2006, 01:11:23 PM »

Hold on to your hat; the main characters just got seated in the carts, it isn't even moving yet !

I personally won't venture into making predictions about this year but I do believe the cart has just started rolling but hasn't reached the downhill incline yet. When it does things will start moving really, really fast.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2006, 01:19:05 PM »

I personally won't venture into making predictions about this year but I do believe the cart has just started rolling but hasn't reached the downhill incline yet. When it does things will start moving really, really fast.

My heart just started aching for those that are still lost, and those that have backslidden. I tink it's time for us to pray more, longer, and harder for all of them. I ache so much for them, sometimes I just want to cry.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2006, 01:27:59 PM »

Sounds like a band. Wink I think this rollercoaster, will be picking up steam, this year. But I will not make any  predictions. Though my Prophecymeter, is hitting the close to top, of the scale. Shocked

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2006, 01:29:22 PM »

My heart just started aching for those that are still lost, and those that have backslidden. I tink it's time for us to pray more, longer, and harder for all of them. I ache so much for them, sometimes I just want to cry.
My heart also goes out for, these people as well.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2006, 01:32:33 PM »

I have a few predictions....oh wait a minute....I never talk about politics and religion...never mind  Grin

Amen to that brother!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2006, 01:35:38 PM »

I have a few predictions....oh wait a minute....I never talk about politics and religion...never mind  Grin
There I fixed it for you 2T. Grin

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2006, 01:48:10 PM »

LOL   Wink   Nice try!   Cheesy

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2006, 03:23:50 PM »

The roller coaster is in motion.

Iran leader: Islam
to 'rule the world'
Urges Muslims to get ready
for coming of 'messiah'
Posted: January 10, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Islam must prepare to rule the world, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told a crowd of theological students in Iran's holy city of Qom, according to a report.

"We must believe in the fact that Islam is not confined to geographical borders, ethnic groups and nations. It's a universal ideology that leads the world to justice," Ahmadinejad said Jan. 5, according to Mehran Riazaty, a former Iran analyst for the Central Command of the Coalition Forces in Baghdad.

Ahmadinejad, who has drawn global attention recently for his contention the Holocaust was a "myth," said: "We don't shy away from declaring that Islam is ready to rule the world."

Riazaty, in a post on the website Regime Change Iran, said the Iranian president emphasized his current theme that the return of the Shiite messiah, the Mahdi, is not far away, and Muslims must prepare for it.

According to Shiites, the 12th imam disappeared as a child in the year 941. When he returns, they believe, he will reign on earth for seven years, before bringing about a final judgment and the end of the world.

Ahmadinejad is urging Iranians to prepare for the coming of the Mahdi by turning the country into a mighty and advanced Islamic society and by avoiding the corruption and excesses of the West.

"We must prepare ourselves to rule the world and the only way to do that is to put forth views on the basis of the Expectation of the Return," Ahmadinejad said. "If we work on the basis of the Expectation of the Return [of the Mahdi], all the affairs of our nation will be streamlined and the administration of the country will become easier."

Riazaty pointed out that Iran's speaker of parliament, Mehdi Kahrubi, said Saturday that some people working closely with Ahmadinejad believe the Mahdi probably will return in the next two years, which means Iran needs to start building more hotels.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the